500PP 4WD Rally Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand Short Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 426 comments
As there was with the Audi, there seems to be a huge variety of tunes, yet times seem to be very similar - proof that it's still the driver that makes the biggest difference on this event?

50/50 won't have as much rear drive to steer the car under power from the rear. 40/60 will spin the rear tires more under acceleration to help bring the back around with less push.
So basically if your setup is loose in the rear you won't need as much rear bias and if your setup has decent rear traction you will need more rear bias.

Assuming reality translates into GT6 software, sometimes it doesn't. :)

50/50 won't have as much rear drive to steer the car under power from the rear. 40/60 will spin the rear tires more under acceleration to help bring the back around with less push.
So basically if your setup is loose in the rear you won't need as much rear bias and if your setup has decent rear traction you will need more rear bias.

Assuming reality translates into GT6 software, sometimes it doesn't. :)
I have tried to make the car as loose as possible with other parts of my setup. This may be the reason why it does go through the last two turns nicely AND accelerates fast out of the slow first corners. I understand the top guys not sharing their tunes just yet but maybe after the registration period has ended they may.

I am curious to see where I am off.. and am I faster with a fast tune. I have seen examples where "aliens" are even faster when you cannot tune a car. "They" are able to drive around the issues of a car... IMHO :)

Im curious about gear setup, DSL, wing.. BB.. (hehe just about everything)

Well....

I've learned two things today ....
1. Without manual gearbox I do not come under 1:08.
2. I must to learn to switch manually.

Point 2 is going to be difficult because I've never done it.

Are there tips? Which keys you can use? If I can learn it good there is definitely a 1:07 in it. Im loosing to much time with my AT.

Well....

I've learned two things today ....
1. Without manual gearbox I do not come under 1:08.
2. I must to learn to switch manually.

Point 2 is going to be difficult because I've never done it.

Are there tips? Which keys you can use? If I can learn it good there is definitely a 1:07 in it. Im loosing to much time with my AT.

I go with automatic transmission if it's any consolation

I personally always used DS3 with manual shifting (and no assists ;) except ABS1).

I'm using the X and "square" for accelerate and brake and L2/R2 for changing gear.
Some say (and they are probably right) it is better to use L2/R2 for accelerate and brake and use the right joystick for changing gear, but I could never get used to play like that. As you're new to manual shifting would suggest to use the second option.

Great time you managed. :bowdown:
Presently on holiday but something to aim for once home again.
(I do not have too much hope to get very close, :lol:)

Last edited:
I go with automatic transmission if it's any consolation
With the perfect lap and the perfect tune a 1.07 is possible. I've already had a couple of laps where i tought: This is it... and especially one lap I never forget, I was one second for my best time (1.08.377 then) but it wasted in the last corner. It is possible. But I need a better tune and some luck. Today also, Had a 1.08.350 lap and the lap after i was a half second faster before the bridge...

I need the perfect gear settings, There is my problem.
well there's still two weeks ... and one 'lucky lap' and I'm in 1:07:cheers:

Last edited:
Back in GT5 there was a ballast bug, that gave you the added grip of ballast when the slider was at +50 or -50.
Supposedly PD has fixed said bug, but um a lot of us will still set it that way on the chance they haven't 👍 or as a rabbit foot, placebo etc etc

@Kossie and anyone else that wants a fast transmission. For the RSC
Set final to 3.555
Set top speed 200 km/h (3 clicks up from min)
1st 4.684
2nd 3.051
3rd 2.501
4th 2.142
5th 1.825
6th 1.517
Final 3.000
Get a good exit on to a straight and 200 kmh is yours to be had, don't miss your braking points.
These gears have given me another 0.15 of a second, putting me very close to entering the 1.08 club! Can only get 185 kph though, not 200 - if I could find out how to get it to hit 200 then I would stand a chance of getting into the 1.08's. .....

These gears have given me another 0.15 of a second, putting me very close to entering the 1.08 club! Can only get 185 kph though, not 200 - if I could find out how to get it to hit 200 then I would stand a chance of getting into the 1.08's. .....
Are you getting 197-199 on the downhill or are you redlining at 185? You should be hitting 199 consistently on the downhill.
As for the uphill you have to clear the first turn after the tunnel at 155+

I try it a couple times today but Im stll sucks with this.It need a bit of training.

Manual allows you to shift early if your getting too much wheel spin, or shift a little later if the engine makes good high end power.
I use L1/R1 for down and up shifting.

I tried your trans setup and only need 4 gears, so it should be easy for you, lol.

I have tried to make the car as loose as possible with other parts of my setup. This may be the reason why it does go through the last two turns nicely AND accelerates fast out of the slow first corners. I understand the top guys not sharing their tunes just yet but maybe after the registration period has ended they may.

I am curious to see where I am off.. and am I faster with a fast tune. I have seen examples where "aliens" are even faster when you cannot tune a car. "They" are able to drive around the issues of a car... IMHO :)

Im curious about gear setup, DSL, wing.. BB.. (hehe just about everything)

I really think there are a few people who have both natural ability and TONS of time in the game. They are very good at controlling wheel spin and slides and become confident enough to push the car to the edge in every turn, the entire lap. Hard to compete with that.

I find the more I race any track, the faster I get. But I'm only willing to put in so much time before it outweighs the fun for me. For example my RSC has 90 miles on it, it was new for this event...and I only still do this seasonal waiting on new QM's. lol

I really think there are a few people who have both natural ability and TONS of time in the game. They are very good at controlling wheel spin and slides and become confident enough to push the car to the edge in every turn, the entire lap. Hard to compete with that.

I find the more I race any track, the faster I get. But I'm only willing to put in so much time before it outweighs the fun for me. For example my RSC has 90 miles on it, it was new for this event...and I only still do this seasonal waiting on new QM's. lol
Well if your looking for something to do, we could use another (lot of) tester(s) for the current FITT event.
10-11 tunes driven at any track you like under 10 miles long. Couple other little things but it is good fun.

Thanks Otaliema for the great (softer) tune for the Rally Raid Car. Improved my time by 0.5 sec for 1:10.256 using DS3, ABS 1 only and AT.

Hit a wall with this time so decided to try MT (have always used AT). Took a couple of sessions to get used to driving with MT but managed to post a 1:10.219 to be in-line with my AT time. More co-ordination required for MT but a lot more fun.

Thanks Otaliema for the great (softer) tune for the Rally Raid Car. Improved my time by 0.5 sec for 1:10.256 using DS3, ABS 1 only and AT.

Hit a wall with this time so decided to try MT (have always used AT). Took a couple of sessions to get used to driving with MT but managed to post a 1:10.219 to be in-line with my AT time. More co-ordination required for MT but a lot more fun.
Awesome to hear. Great job switching to MT, not an easy thing to do. Drop the ballast if you haven't and it will speed you up.

Well if your looking for something to do, we could use another (lot of) tester(s) for the current FITT event.
10-11 tunes driven at any track you like under 10 miles long. Couple other little things but it is good fun.

I keep meaning to look into that and try it out. What's the best way to find it? Never done anything other than QM's, seasonals and the game itself. lol

I shaved another tenth last night, doubled my cars mileage trying set ups(188 now). Ended up with super soft springs, -15 toe out in the rear, big difference in front and rear ride hieght and a 42/58 drive split. No ballast.

1:08.81x, 154th. Grrrrr

I try it a couple times today but Im stll sucks with this.It need a bit of training.

when i first started using MT,yes i was all over the place and forget,learn in slow cars first and build your way up,it will take a bit but once your there you wont go back

Looking forward that PD brings some timetrials in stock
modus.As Academy 2016 is coming up.
And it would show us where we really stand.It would be
fair for those which have not the time nor the skill to
build a decend setup.

Back