500PP Asian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Mid-Field Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 188 comments
Sorry... I just checked and I was wrong regarding the final gear to max :embarrassed: that was another set up :P

Please reset gears to default and keep the final gear at 5.000 then adjust max speed to minimum and adjust all individual gears accordingly đź‘Ť

That will work now... apologies again :cheers:
Thanks for the correction Mr P! no worries. Cheers. :cheers: :embarrassed:

If you still want it, I did some testing, and this setup is giving me repeatable 1:20:xxx times, with 1:20,629 being the best one. Probably the car could do even better after some adjustments, so this is not really the best, but still - gold is easily doable in it in my opinion.

IMPREZA Coupe 22B STI Version '98

499PP
350HP
1039kg
54:46 weight dist

Tires: CS

Suspension: Fully adjustable
88/88
8,30/7,77
4/4
4/4
3/3
0,0/0,0
-0,30/-0,15

Sports brakes
6/5

Gearbox: Fully adjustable set to 260km/h

LSD: Fully adjustable
8/8
55/50
25/25

Triple clutch suspension, lightweight shaft, 35/65 differential settings

Power mods: Mid-range turbo, sports ecu

Body: Weight reduction stage 3, lightweight hood, lightweight glass

as I said, it's just basic setup that allows for gold, if anyone is into Scoobies :D

EDIT: Did some fine-tuning and with the new setup 1:20,073 was the best result, so I changed the post.
Thanks! I was running a tune I found on here on my 22b and couldn't do better than bronze. I am not the most skilled of drivers, lol. I will give his one a try tonite, appreciate the Subaru love!

I always look for a new challenge, so when I read your post about the Legacy Spec B, I decided to try it. Took me a few guesses with the setup, but after about 15 minutes, I managed a Gold time of 1:21.628 without even having a good feel for the car. I see no reason why it couldn't do a 1:20, with a good setup. The biggest key for me was setting the front low and the back high. Thanks for giving me a challenge!

View attachment 323976
Please post the spec b tune when it is finished, I would love to give it a try

Here is my GSX-R tune. I did a 1:14,2xx with DS3 using AS: strong and ABS: 1.

95 85
4,83 6,25
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0,10

brakes: 2/1

LSD: 5/11/17

power: install all parts

weight: 183kg @ 7% = 823kg

gearbox:
1. reset to default
2. Topspeed: 180km/h
3. gears (2-6): 3,593 / 3,020 / 2,560 / 2,181 / 1,860
4. FG: 3,200

oil change: yes
reg. improvement: yes

Aero: 20

Hey Mr P, can you please help me with your transmission? I tried all sorts of way but unable to get those numbers, followed what you wrote there, final gear to max, max speed to minimum.

Now I see Mr P already posted. haha

If I may chime in. I got the numbers when I did mine by using 5.20 as a starting FD, set the gears and go to 3.39x when done.

I wasn't able to beat my previous 1.16.4 with the set up, but it felt fairly stable and easy to slide around. I did get a 1.16.6 with it.
I did about an hour again today, mostly partial laps to see how changes would effect traction. Basically there is no magic and the tires are the primary factor.

My best lap so far was with this suspension set up:
105/110
3.72/4.82
1/1
1/1
0/1
-.05/.00

LSD
5/8/15

Brakes
3/2

Everything else was already basically the same as Mr P.

I've tried taller gearing thinking it would reduce wheel spin, but it simply spins the tires faster. haha

I haven't found any magic, so I've resolved myself to the fact I'm being out driven and a controller doesn't help. lol

Last edited:
After ~600km in this track, which in my opinion is awesome, the result so far:
- @Mr P setup, without body rigidity improvement and LSD 5/13/25: 1:14,846
- @Ed_Night setup, without body rigidity improvement: 1:14,964
- Ed_Night setup, with body rigidity improvement: 1:14,956
- Ed_Night setup, with body rigidity improvement and LSD 5/13/25: 1:14,775
- Mr P setup, with body rigidity improvement and LSD 5/13/25: 1:14,811

For me the higher braking sensitibility setting just works better. Even the value 17 in Ed_Night setup was too difficult to handle for me, getting a clean lap was just too hard.
I believe I'm currently quite close to my best lap for my skills.

Edit:
Is it this track, or the car, or the tires that makes it really important not to cook the tires, otherwise the lap is ruined?

Last edited:
I spent about 10 minutes total time setting up (guessing!) and racing the Mazda Kusabi '03 to barely get a Gold time! I can't imagine imagine what times the car could run with a proper tune and a better driver than myself? That's what I love about this game... Every day you can discover some hidden gem that you previously would never have thought to buy and race..

I must admit, the only reason I bought it was because I said to myself.... Man what did they do to the front grille area of the car? It's so ugly, I have to try it! :lol:
View attachment 326465

Couldn't resist a go at this one, it is fugly for sure :lol:. Managed 1:21.6 - it's not too bad, though 500pp fwd and CS is a recipe for serious understeer.

Which spoiler did you use?

Custom spoiler as below.. not sure if it helps? adjusted it when first purchased and hasn't been adjusted since đź‘Ť

IMG_0758.JPG

Here is my GSX-R tune. I did a 1:14,2xx with DS3 using AS: strong and ABS: 1.

95 85
4,83 6,25
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0,10

brakes: 2/1

LSD: 5/11/17

power: install all parts

weight: 183kg @ 7% = 823kg

gearbox:
1. reset to default
2. Topspeed: 180km/h
3. gears (2-6): 3,593 / 3,020 / 2,560 / 2,181 / 1,860
4. FG: 3,200

oil change: yes
reg. improvement: yes

Aero: 20

I'm currently down to a 1:14.444
With a random tune I'll have to give this one a go

After ~600km in this track, which in my opinion is awesome, the result so far:
- @Mr P setup, without body rigidity improvement and LSD 5/13/25: 1:14,846
- @Ed_Night setup, without body rigidity improvement: 1:14,964
- Ed_Night setup, with body rigidity improvement: 1:14,956
- Ed_Night setup, with body rigidity improvement and LSD 5/13/25: 1:14,775
- Mr P setup, with body rigidity improvement and LSD 5/13/25: 1:14,811

For me the higher braking sensitibility setting just works better. Even the value 17 in Ed_Night setup was too difficult to handle for me, getting a clean lap was just too hard.
I believe I'm currently quite close to my best lap for my skills.

Edit:
Is it this track, or the car, or the tires that makes it really important not to cook the tires, otherwise the lap is ruined?
Managed to improve a bit, base setup was the one provided by Ed_Night with body rigidity improvement.
- Ed_Night setup + modifications: LSD 5/12/20, 3rd gear 3.010, 4th gear 2.570: 1:14,681

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 can get a fairly easy Gold time (120.959) with minimal tuning, and it has room for improvement with a better tune. Kinda fun muscling a big & heavy truck around in this seasonal...

I was looking at that when perusing through the dealerships. Sadly I went for the Honda Odyssey :indiff:, which I shall never speak of again.

Tune pls.? Thanks!

I'm not sure you want my unconventional, basic tune that I spent 3 minutes on! :lol: I'm not a drifting type racer, so do NOT try this if you like drifting around corners. Also... I use a wheel, so I have no idea what would happen if you use a pad?

TC -1
ABS - 1

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for damages to the track walls, your beautiful truck, and/or injured spectators, should you try my tune!

Attachments

• Tacoma Suspension.jpg
    Tacoma Suspension.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Tacoma Tranny.jpg
    Tacoma Tranny.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Tacoma Drivetrain.jpg
    Tacoma Drivetrain.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Tacoma Power.jpg
    Tacoma Power.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Tacoma Body.jpg
    Tacoma Body.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Managed to improve a bit, base setup was the one provided by Ed_Night with body rigidity improvement.
- Ed_Night setup + modifications: LSD 5/12/20, 3rd gear 3.010, 4th gear 2.570: 1:14,681

Also made small improvement today down to 14.566 also using @Ed_Night tune but without rear toe and used bit different gears that I can't member at the moment... Oh yeah, and rear wing was at 15 IIRC.

Subtle moves are required and nerves of steel to listen the buzz of that GSX :D

Here's my set up for the GSXR for anyone who cares to try it... I'm no tuning expert but this felt pretty good a few days ago when i last raced it and was good for a mid 1'14... hopefully it can help others to a better laptime as it's pretty sweet if i don't say so haha đź‘Ť

Buy a new GSXR and change the oil and adjust the car as below... Good luck :cheers:

View attachment 326295

View attachment 326296

Final gear at default 5.000 / max speed to minimum / adjust individual gears as below...
View attachment 326297

View attachment 326300

View attachment 326304

View attachment 326306

Good luck and have fun đź‘Ť

Just made in the top 1000 with this tune after couple off laps, Cheers @Mr P

ODB
Also made small improvement today down to 14.566 also using @Ed_Night tune but without rear toe and used bit different gears that I can't member at the moment... Oh yeah, and rear wing was at 15 IIRC.

Subtle moves are required and nerves of steel to listen the buzz of that GSX :D

đź‘Ť
Yeah I noticed that while checking the rankings after I improved to 1:14,598.
I have been also playing with the gears, the latest lap was with 3rd 3.020, 4th 2.585 and final 3.000, otherwise same setup as earlier.

Great tune! Thanks. First lap missed gold by about .2xx then after my 5th lap I managed 1.21.241

With this tune I think most players should be able to get gold within 10 laps.

I bettered my time by a tenth today, to 1:16.34. Spent another 45 minutes to get it, lol.

Really easy to drive, considering how slippery those tires are.
In fact I went into test drive(offline) the same car and set up with "sports softs" on at Mid Field and got a 1:12.33 in three laps.

I had several times I was easily .5-.6 ahead and biffed the tunnel turn. I know I have a 1:15.5 in me if I am willing to spend more time on it. If...but. I wish it paid a gold prize payout every time you went faster?

I'm not sure you want my unconventional, basic tune that I spent 3 minutes on! :lol: I'm not a drifting type racer, so do NOT try this if you like drifting around corners. Also... I use a wheel, so I have no idea what would happen if you use a pad?

TC -1
ABS - 1

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for damages to the track walls, your beautiful truck, and/or injured spectators, should you try my tune!
Awesome. Thanks! lol, I'm not a drifter either but if it's in the set up then I do it. Using a wheel too so this should work.
Thanks again!

Managed to get away from work at a sensible time for the 1st time in week yesterday and spent an hour at Midfield... I'd forgotten what a lovely flow it has.

After almost 5 weeks off GT, I'm a bit rusty :D

Well driving a car is bit like driving a bike isn't it so :D I had 3 years of brake and to be honest after first hour in gt5 I was pretty much back in speed that I could be happy with :dopey: (Well "being happy" is quite relative, but I did better I though I would)

Great time, would be nice to spend some time trying to catch you, but my ears still bleed from yesterday so can't say will I bother :lol:

Pretty nice lap anyway :cheers:

Thanks, ODB đź‘Ť

It's braking technique that took me time to pick up... I was too hard on/off the pedal initially, and this was causing a lot of brake release oversteer!

After I'd spent an hour at Midfield, I tried the Nascar event and got a top 50 after 20 minutes (with a guessed tune).

Thanks, ODB đź‘Ť

It's braking technique that took me time to pick up... I was too hard on/off the pedal initially, and this was causing a lot of brake release oversteer!

After I'd spent an hour at Midfield, I tried the Nascar event and got a top 50 after 20 minutes (with a guessed tune).

Heh yeah, no sudden moves with brakes that's for sure :D but at least that's quite fun characteristic in this car, throwing it in the corner with lift off oversteer :scared: :scared: :lol:

Back