500PP Asian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Mid-Field Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 188 comments
Did a 1:21 with the Lancer Evolution 8 MR, no power upgrades, and only clutch, flywheel and driveshaft upgraded. Tune the AYC to around 45, you'll be able to stay on the throttle even while cornering. The stock gearbox also has short enough ratios to keep the Evo accelerating out of corners with power.

Could probably do a better time, but I have no time to play much.

ODB
Also made small improvement today down to 14.566 also using @Ed_Night tune but without rear toe and used bit different gears that I can't member at the moment... Oh yeah, and rear wing was at 15 IIRC.
We are having a nice battle in here :)

Had another quick try last night, first without rear toe, then with negative front toe, and finally with TC=0 & front toe 0,10 and rear toe 0,20 providing a time 1:14.564 (setup otherwise same as previous best time).
I don't know if it was the toe changes, or the TC setting change that made the improvement. I have a feeling that acceleration was better with TC=0, I'll have to compare the lap to earlier ones with data logger (the gran-turismo.com shows that I had TC=1, but I think I did set it off while driving before the best lap, will check that).

We are having a nice battle in here :)

Had another quick try last night, first without rear toe, then with negative front toe, and finally with TC=0 & front toe 0,10 and rear toe 0,20 providing a time 1:14.564 (setup otherwise same as previous best time).
I don't know if it was the toe changes, or the TC setting change that made the improvement. I have a feeling that acceleration was better with TC=0, I'll have to compare the lap to earlier ones with data logger (the gran-turismo.com shows that I had TC=1, but I think I did set it off while driving before the best lap, will check that).
Heh really nice mate! I'll add you up to my PSN friend list as I get home!!

Hard to say how TC affects but generally it's said to make car bit slower... Of course it depends on many factors, but I'd say without TC it's possible to be bit faster in any case... Seems though AS may have quite positive effect to lap times, what you think?

EDIT: Ok so managed to get down to 14.464 (IIRC) and I did have DF at 15 and for gears I used 4.800 and just did the gear flip (or what the hell was it called :lol: ) and then final gear to min.

Looking at some replays yesterday and saw TRLmixi (or something like that) using such insane line for those esses after first turn that I had to try it couple of times today and it seems to give really fast line trough there, if it just goes right :lol: that would be "easy" place to shave some time, but I really don't know if I'm gonna bother back to track anymore :lol: I have to move to Daytona anyway, I'm somewhere in top 500 there currently :lol:

Last edited:
Here is my GSX-R tune. I did a 1:14,2xx with DS3 using AS: strong and ABS: 1.

95 85
4,83 6,25
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0,10

brakes: 2/1

LSD: 5/11/17

power: install all parts

weight: 183kg @ 7% = 823kg

gearbox:
1. reset to default
2. Topspeed: 180km/h
3. gears (2-6): 3,593 / 3,020 / 2,560 / 2,181 / 1,860
4. FG: 3,200

oil change: yes
reg. improvement: yes

Aero: 20

thanks for sharing , just ran a 14.098 for 3rd ;)
adjustments : Final gear to 3.000
4th @2.585

Here is my GSX-R tune. I did a 1:14,2xx with DS3 using AS: strong and ABS: 1.

95 85
4,83 6,25
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0,10

brakes: 2/1

LSD: 5/11/17

power: install all parts

weight: 183kg @ 7% = 823kg

gearbox:
1. reset to default
2. Topspeed: 180km/h
3. gears (2-6): 3,593 / 3,020 / 2,560 / 2,181 / 1,860
4. FG: 3,200

oil change: yes
reg. improvement: yes

Aero: 20

thanks for set up
1.14.548 for 48 position
change dampers 1 2
2 1
lsd 5 5 15
182 kg position +1 822kg

Last edited:
I never bothered tuning the GSX r so I barely use that car. I used the NSX Prototype and it flys through it obviously. I got a 1.20 and was happy with that for now. Back to actual races for me.

As I figured yesterday how it's possible to makes those first esses much faster by turning in all the way from the blue patch, I went back to having full rear DF and rear toe like the original @Ed_Night tune (still basic gear flip as gears) had and managed to shave of nearly 2 tenths with quite good lap of 14.277

Oh heck, forgot to thank you for the tune mate, thanks, seems to work really well now that I figured the esses :cheers:

Great effort :) How much have you improved with the wheel? You are almost Alien now :lol::lol:
Ha ha, OK, you want a loan, aye?
But thanks mate, the wheel sure does make a difference once you get the hang of it. Couldn't imagine going back to the buttons again.
It's also true for me that chasing a faster line (am now chasing L Shooter I think it is, anyway the #1 with 1:13 something) encourages me to do better. He is nearly always a few cars ahead of me at the l/hander at the top of the hill and keeping up with him around that corner is where I always make up time. At the bottom of the hill though he forges ahead, I think he uses nitro there, ha ha.

Edit, I didn't mean actually 'keeping up with him' as I am not 'up with him' there, I meant to say not losing any time, while sometimes gaining on him a bit.

Last edited:
Ha ha, OK, you want a loan, aye?
But thanks mate, the wheel sure does make a difference once you get the hang of it. Couldn't imagine going back to the buttons again.
It's also true for me that chasing a faster line (am now chasing L Shooter I think it is, anyway the #1 with 1:13 something) encourages me to do better. He is nearly always a few cars ahead of me at the l/hander at the top of the hill and keeping up with him around that corner is where I always make up time. At the bottom of the hill though he forges ahead, I think he uses nitro there, ha ha.

Edit, I didn't mean actually 'keeping up with him' as I am not 'up with him' there, I meant to say not losing any time, while sometimes gaining on him a bit.

Before:
image.jpg

After:
image.jpg

Wheel, NOT EVEN ONCE!!! :D

Wow, Dalone, you've really picked the wheel up quickly :)
I received a lot of good advice from the word go, and it was you who provided a lot of it, remember, posting a link from someone who wrote down how he progressed when he first started with one. Very detailed.
Mind you, I was getting some sub 500 positions with the buttons when I got the wheel.
However unlike most of you blokes who work, I am retired (67) and can saddle up just about anytime I like during the day after the boys have gone to school, and at night when they are in bed. (Unless the girlfriend is here, she hates me playing and ignoring her.)
Still, I sometimes go for days without playing and get lousy credits.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I MISSED THIS COURSE!

The chicane just before that last hairpin, THAT is adventurous track design! The course just flows so elegantly, I really enjoyed running this TT with the NSX Type R '02.
That is one of the most difficult parts of any track in all of GT6, in my opinion... There just seems to be something about that section of Midfield that I haven't been able to figure out. I'm clearly not driving it properly and even though I have watched several different replays from top drivers who handle it just fine, I still haven't been able to transfer what I see to what I do. :dunce: Although, now that I just said those words, I suppose that probably sums up the majority of my driving in GT6. I know exactly what needs to be done to navigate most tracks in the fastest time possible. Once the wheel is in my hands, however, getting it done is some much harder than just talking about it. :lol:

Cheers to all of you who have been posting low times! There are many very impressive lap times from you guys with this particular event! Bravo!! :bowdown:

Finally broke down and built a Suzuki! Managed a 1:15.186 with the little beastie.

I think I binned more laps at the first turn than I've completed, must remember to brake in a straight line!

The turn into tunnel 2 is also a pretty interesting affair, when it goes wrong it really goes wrong! :lol:

Don't think I've got much more left in the tank TBH :(

Well done :)
I'm just not getting this one... struggling to get a low 1:15 and have hit a wall.

:banghead:
yeah them esses are tricky and that is where i was having my first bit of trouble,sort of worked it out,but still it works or it don't,i loose my time from the bridge and onto the long left,gotta nail the entry on the first turn under the bridge on the run up the hill to front straight,don't get out wide on them bumps...anyways i have a weird setup if ya want to try,but using DS3 had to turn sens down to 2 or 3........14.978 is what i got

Latest Posts

Back