500PP British LightWeights

Just joined today and want to say thanks to all you guys that help us win these events. Been watching oink's vids and theyve been a great help for the seasonals. I could not make his tune work for the trial mountain event - best i could get was 2nd - so i tried the one posted by sheen76. Did the trick.👍
It feels a lot lighter and looser than oinks tune, a bit..flighty but it really worked. cheers.

Just won all races with a premium Elise 111R '04
Weight Reduction -3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
All Aero Parts, downforce 5
Ballast 200kg pos. 0

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning +3
All intake & Exhaust parts
High RPM Turbo
=309bhp

Gear Ratios

1st 3.490
2nd 2.424
3rd 1.802
4th 1.403
5th 1.142
6th 0.973

Final 4.529
Max Speed 162

LSD 10/40/20

-25 -25
7.0 6.0
6. 6
6. 6
5. 5

Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe. 0.00. 0.20

Brake 5. 5

It worked for me first time out on each track...
Happy Racing

Thanks for the tune sheene76.

Last edited:
I actually tried this with an '87 Esprit, stock PP and no adjustables first. I was humbled by my own arrogance. It soon became evident I would need a good tune in the right car.

I went for the Elise 111R '04 and tried getting Praiano's tune to work for me but it just didn't suit my driving style.

Sheene76's tune was better but I was still prone to 'tank slappers' accelerating out of corners. Dalone's addition of wing fixed it for me and I had no problems after that.

Cheers fellas 👍

Trying these in a TVR 350 and geting somewhere. I'm going to change out to the 111R as soon as I get the PS3 on. Everyone here has some fabulous suggestions, but I must agree slightly with redrick, I thought that by adding more weight to the rear would help wiith oversteer until got into an elise and tried that. That car became a cops best freind, unlimited donuts. I must add that this is by far the best GT yet, EVERY car feels different and acts differently, not all FF's feel the same etc. can't wait for GT6

Edit: OMFG, I had to put on SRF for Cote and TV, but I finished all of them in the TVR T350. Was drifting around every turn butmuch easier than using the elise

Last edited:
I had a lot of trouble with Monaco. Finally had to use SRF. Very challenging for me. I don't normally use or need SRF.

Same Here. I raged so much at the game when I couldn't win with the TVR Tuscan, so I turned on SRF and used the elise 111R. I never use SRF ever.

Sadly, another programmer jerk off with this one

If you see the words Lotus 190 scrolling along the top this is just about impossible, the tyres and smallness of Grand Valley mean you simply cant make enough time in anything to beat him.

You might be able to get close if an Elise is behind an old Elan for half a lap, but in reality I was getting nowhere due to some spotty little Japanese at PD goin "I know what to do, give AI a car with 200hp and 670kg, no one can win unless they have the same

My 111R has 230 hp lightened to 740 and right on 500

Its utterly impossible to win here against a 190, am gonna try the other tracks ut Grand Valley is stupidly hard

I know it's late in the life of GT5 but having got my PS3 and GT5 a month ago it's all new to me :D
I've been reading on the site about the tuning of cars and had a go myself while I completed B-Spec, now that I've moved onto the Seasonals to earn some credits to try and get the 1000 cars in garage Trophy :indiff: I arrived at the British lightweight 500PP event. The following car is what I used and it's the one I started with as i try to understand the tuning of cars on GT5, the set up is for 470PP and you may need to up or even lower this PP, for the last track having read it was an easy race I lowered it to 420PP and won by about 4+ seconds. Apart from seeing Monaco on the telly :cool: all the tracks are new to me, all aids are off apart from ABS at 1, gearing may seem strange but I found it helped me exiting corners as I can be a bit eager with the go-go juice.

Lotus Elise 111S '03

253 BHP 925kg 470PP

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Engine Stage 3
Sports Ecu
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Turbo Stage 3
Transmission Fully Customisable
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Tyres Comfort Soft

Ride Height 15 0
Spring Rate 10.5 11.5
Dampers Extension 8 8
Dampers Compression 7 8
Anti-Roll Bar 2 3
Camber Angle 1.5 2.0
Toe Angle -0.08 0.15
LSD 10 28 9
Aero 13
Brake Balance 3 7
Ballast Amount 200
Ballast position -25
Power Level 97%
Transmission

Any feedback and pointers/tips is appreciated as I try to figure this side of the game out.

Many Thanks Bee_Bee9

Having read a tad more maybe the Camber angle could go a little lower both front and rear

Last edited:
Thanks BEE but i cant swing out of second place in Cote D`Azur ??? All other races was an easy win ... did you change anything to win Cote D`Azur ??

Thanks BEE but i cant swing out of second place in Cote D`Azur ??? All other races was an easy win ... did you change anything to win Cote D`Azur ??

Tell you truth cannot remember, memory like a sieve, upping the car to 500PP, does that not help?

Otherwise i can put GT5 back in the PS3 to have a look at that race, see if it jogs my memory

I'll take a look and see if I can find what I used on this one. Don't remember that it caused any undo hardship. The Lotus Esprit V8 is what I recall, at least until I check. I think I used Praiano's tune for it then adjusted the final drive down pretty low. To win with any car at Monaco you have to drive close to perfect laps. Check out Oink's videos for every seasonal event to get an idea of the lap times needed to win. They're a good guide.

Sadly, another programmer jerk off with this one

If you see the words Lotus 190 scrolling along the top this is just about impossible, the tyres and smallness of Grand Valley mean you simply cant make enough time in anything to beat him.

Its utterly impossible to win here against a 190, am gonna try the other tracks ut Grand Valley is stupidly hard
I beat the Sport 190 in a couple of these races using my 111R without weight reduction but with the LSD setup and with a rear wing attached I found it did the job for me. Setup is key on tracks like Grand Valley to enable you to keep speed up through the corners.

I remember that I borrowed a Lotus from Mr Praiano though it was identical to the tune he has posted in his GT5 Tune page. It was fairly easy as far as seasonal events go, and I'm not a very good driver. But, I do like the Cote D' Azur track and have driven it many times, so it might just be easier for me because of this. You'll beat it with the Lotus though. Good luck!

Well, this tune has been used for alot so far (two shootouts, and a alot of fun) so here it is. Gearing is for the Nurb, so agjust Final gear for Fuji, but that should be it.

Auto Racing Special Edition V2
Basedon the Lotus Elise 111R '04

nrburgringnordschleifei.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

274bhp
500pp
weight 879 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Cobalt Blue Metallic(a)
Rear Aero
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Comfort Soft (C3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 20
Weight Adjustment: 19 @ -50
LSD- 16/21/7

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.590
2nd - 2.725
3rd - 2.115
4th - 1.700
5th - 1.415
6th - 1.175
Final - 3.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -8
Spring Rate- Front: 5.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5
Tried this load out and was able to come in 2nd place, with a bit of practice I hope to start getting golds all the way, Cheers Mate, appreciate ya help !

I have been trying this for forever with the elise 111r '04 and all kinds of tunes but can't make it past 6th place. Everyone seems to just take off in this race but my elise just doesn't have good acceleration no matter how i tune it. Any suggestions?

I have been trying this for forever with the elise 111r '04 and all kinds of tunes but can't make it past 6th place. Everyone seems to just take off in this race but my elise just doesn't have good acceleration no matter how i tune it. Any suggestions?
I cant' win Autumn Ring, always second place. Same car.

Just won all races with a premium Elise 111R '04
Weight Reduction -3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
All Aero Parts, downforce 5
Ballast 200kg pos. 0

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning +3
All intake & Exhaust parts
High RPM Turbo
=309bhp

Gear Ratios

1st 3.490
2nd 2.424
3rd 1.802
4th 1.403
5th 1.142
6th 0.973

Final 4.529
Max Speed 162

LSD 10/40/20

-25 -25
7.0 6.0
6. 6
6. 6
5. 5

Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe. 0.00. 0.20

Brake 5. 5

It worked for me first time out on each track...
Happy Racing

Have you reached that power with the power limiter? what about the total PP?
Also, I can't set that speed, the minimum is 180
What about the driving aids?

Latest Posts

Back