500PP British LightWeights

I used the espirit 350 and was able to beat these with ease. I tried through Elise's but they are so light weight that on the comfort tires you really have to wrestle them around no matter how you tune the lsd. The espirit came in right at 1200kg after a weight reduction and was very manageable.

I'm currently using a VX 220 Turbo tuned and lightened to get to the pp limit. I'm really struggling to get better than a 2nd in the First race and a lot worse elsewhere. I've tried all of the cars in the 'opponents list' and a few others and am struggling. The new Ferrari Challenge took me very few attempts to Gold but this one is like the Lambo challenge of a few weeks ago and really difficult. I'm not complaining, just struggling!

byegad
I'm currently using a VX 220 Turbo tuned and lightened to get to the pp limit. I'm really struggling to get better than a 2nd in the First race and a lot worse elsewhere. I've tried all of the cars in the 'opponents list' and a few others and am struggling. The new Ferrari Challenge took me very few attempts to Gold but this one is like the Lambo challenge of a few weeks ago and really difficult. I'm not complaining, just struggling!

Try that Lotus Espirit 350. It worked awesome. I won the first time every race. It has the v8 power but is very lightweight right at 1200kg.

Managed to win Toscana again with the 111R down to 419pp.

Here's my current setup:

Lotus 111R '04

Parts & Mods:

Fresh oil. Well, fresh-ish. :)
Stock wheels
Type A front lip
Type A extension
No aftermarket wing.

Stage 3 lightening
Window weight modification
Carbon Hood
Chassis reinforcement (not really necessary)

Fully customizable transmission
Twin plate clutch
semi-racing flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Fully customizable suspension kit

Settings - 419pp

Ballast: 90Kg, pos. -50 (weight distro of 46f/54r)
Weight 849Kg

Engine: 148hp (73.0% on power limiter)

Intake/header/exhaust/turbo all standard default settings.

Transmission:

1st: 2.659
2nd: 1.893
3rd: 1.428
4th: 1.125
5th: 0.927
6th: 0.797
Final: 6.000
Top Speed: 137mph

LSD: 8/24/16
Initial: 8
Accel: 24
Braking: 16

Suspension:

Camber: 1.4f/1.8r
Toe: -0.12f/+0.17r

Ride Height: -10f/0r
Spring Rate: 6.0f/6.0r
Dampers (Ext): 5f/4r
Dampers (Comp): 5f/4r
Anti-Roll: 5f/4r

Brakes: 10f/5r

This has been a very forgiving setup for me, overall.

Try it out, and add power as needed. I actually like it better with 127Kg ballast on the nose (-50 position), but at that weight this power level just won't cut it for me. But it's even more stable and forgiving at that higher weight - just remember to add in some more power to go with it - at 200hp, it's a rocket! (You'll need to up the top speed if you add power, too. :) )

Whew, GVE and Fuji were harder than I anticipated. Had to bump up the power for both. All the way up to 499 for GVE to get a comfortable win. Now that I know the combo better, I might bump it down for kicks. Stuck with the stock suspension and drivetrain like a masochist, but I met my goal of running a stock set up. Abs off and BB of 3/2. Glad that's done, if braking's not tricky enough, the throttle with extra power is worse. Many restarts to get a clean win.

Think I'll try a tuned version to compare. Driven several tuned versions on sports tires and loved it. Can't say I'm too fond of the Elise stock. Generally I like a car that I can tell what the front tires are doing!

Cleared Grand Valley and Cote d'Azur with a tuned Evora ... that thing is kinda gutless but it was pretty fun since we have to run comfort softs.

I cleared the 3 remaining races with an 111R which was very fun. That Toscana track was freaking awesome!

Well, this tune has been used for alot so far (two shootouts, and a alot of fun) so here it is. Gearing is for the Nurb, so agjust Final gear for Fuji, but that should be it.

Auto Racing Special Edition V2
Basedon the Lotus Elise 111R '04

nrburgringnordschleifei.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

274bhp
500pp
weight 879 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Cobalt Blue Metallic(a)
Rear Aero
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Comfort Soft (C3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 20
Weight Adjustment: 19 @ -50
LSD- 16/21/7

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.590
2nd - 2.725
3rd - 2.115
4th - 1.700
5th - 1.415
6th - 1.175
Final - 3.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -8
Spring Rate- Front: 5.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

You my friend, are a godsend.

Revisiting these as I stupidly restored my data instead of backing up and lost my Bentley. That'll teach me for trying to do a back-up late at night when a bit worse for wear. No great hardship though as this was one of my favourite seasonals. Knocked them off in the Elise again, although the Cote was still a tough blighter. Just run Toscana in a Europa Special 71. Lovely neutral handling car but a tad slippery. It's an easy winner at Toscana but I think I'd struggle on the other tracks.

Revisiting these as I stupidly restored my data instead of backing up and lost my Bentley. That'll teach me for trying to do a back-up late at night when a bit worse for wear. No great hardship though as this was one of my favourite seasonals. Knocked them off in the Elise again, although the Cote was still a tough blighter. Just run Toscana in a Europa Special 71. Lovely neutral handling car but a tad slippery. It's an easy winner at Toscana but I think I'd struggle on the other tracks.

Well, the GOOD news is that the Bentley is available in the Online dealership now. Zero miles, 2.87m CR. Sucks to lose it, but at least you can get it back.

Well, the GOOD news is that the Bentley is available in the Online dealership now. Zero miles, 2.87m CR. Sucks to lose it, but at least you can get it back.

Thanks for the info but I've already won it again now. I think I'm back to where I was before losing my data.

You can save your game in endurances by going to the pit. The next time you start up GT5 it will resume the race from there. You can't do other races until you finish the endurance though. :)

And for this challenge Praiano posted a very nice tune that will win the races easily:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7832343#post7832343

I hope this will help you along. :)

Thats an amazing tune, thanks. Finally kicked the arse of this thing!

Slight personal modifications: stage 3 weight reduction, 911kg weight, 51kg ballast, position 0, 287bhp @ 500pp, power limiter 96%, installed all extras. LSD 16/5/5, TC 1, ABS 1, for this DS3 user I'm happy with that.

Well, this tune has been used for alot so far (two shootouts, and a alot of fun) so here it is. Gearing is for the Nurb, so agjust Final gear for Fuji, but that should be it.

Auto Racing Special Edition V2
Basedon the Lotus Elise 111R '04

Found in the New Car Dealership

274bhp
500pp
weight 879 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Cobalt Blue Metallic(a)
Rear Aero
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Comfort Soft (C3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 20
Weight Adjustment: 19 @ -50
LSD- 16/21/7

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.590
2nd - 2.725
3rd - 2.115
4th - 1.700
5th - 1.415
6th - 1.175
Final - 3.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -8
Spring Rate- Front: 5.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

Thank you!!!!! Great one!!!!!!!

Pretty easy event in an Evora. Still fun though, I've yet to do Monaco so I may have a challenge there. Too bad I already have the Speed 8, great car I must say, definitely worth the time and effort if you don't own one yet.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I used the Lotus 111R and was able to win all these races quite handily. For fun, I lowered my PP down until I reached my limit. I was able to win Toscana at 417PP for a $3.5 million payoff. You have to drive fearless especially over the blind crests, but it was a blast!
BANG

I used the Lotus 111R and was able to win all these races quite handily. For fun, I lowered my PP down until I reached my limit. I was able to win Toscana at 417PP for a $3.5 million payoff. You have to drive fearless especially over the blind crests, but it was a blast!
BANG

Awesome - my personal limit was somewhere around 418-420pp with it. Fantastic car for these events, and I usually don't care for it at all. I found a new level of respect for the 111R through these seasonals!

I uaed the lotus evora for this event. I tried the elise first but fpind the evora was much better just get a tuning from the forum although i didnt tune mine

So I finally got the time to do the last two races, Cote was somewhat close but not very hard overall. Toscana was super easy, and the track was very fun to drive on too. For the people who still need to do it, I wouldn't worry much, it's pretty easy.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

So I finally got the time to do the last two races, Cote was somewhat close but not very hard overall. Toscana was super easy, and the track was very fun to drive on too. For the people who still need to do it, I wouldn't worry much, it's pretty easy.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Yup, the real challenge at Toscana is to see how low you can get the PP settings and still win it. And it really does have a nice flow to the track. Very fun way to make some big bucks! :D

Just won all races with a premium Elise 111R '04
Weight Reduction -3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
All Aero Parts, downforce 5
Ballast 200kg pos. 0

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning +3
All intake & Exhaust parts
High RPM Turbo
=309bhp

Gear Ratios

1st 3.490
2nd 2.424
3rd 1.802
4th 1.403
5th 1.142
6th 0.973

Final 4.529
Max Speed 162

LSD 10/40/20

-25 -25
7.0 6.0
6. 6
6. 6
5. 5

Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe. 0.00. 0.20

Brake 5. 5

It worked for me first time out on each track...
Happy Racing

Why did you do a weight reduction, then add ballast ?

Why did you do a weight reduction, then add ballast ?

In my case, I do it to change WHERE the weight is in the car. For instance, with 127kg added to the nose of the car, you can get a nice 49f/51r balance, which lends quite a bit of stability and all but eliminates the 111R's tendency towards lift-throttle oversteer.

So it's not so much THAT the weight is there, but WHERE the weight is. So by cutting weight and then adding ballast back, you can keep your PP level about the same while gaining some balance and neutral handling in the mix.

In my case, I do it to change WHERE the weight is in the car. For instance, with 127kg added to the nose of the car, you can get a nice 49f/51r balance, which lends quite a bit of stability and all but eliminates the 111R's tendency towards lift-throttle oversteer.

So it's not so much THAT the weight is there, but WHERE the weight is. So by cutting weight and then adding ballast back, you can keep your PP level about the same while gaining some balance and neutral handling in the mix.

Obviously where you add the ballast makes a difference but do you (or anybody) know whether reducing the car's weight, particularly windows and bonnet, and adding ballast lowers the centre of gravity?

Obviously where you add the ballast makes a difference but do you (or anybody) know whether reducing the car's weight, particularly windows and bonnet, and adding ballast lowers the centre of gravity?

I'm not sure, but logically it would, at least in real life. Removing glass weight, sunroof, all that stuff up high, and replacing it with ballast underneath the chassis is how lots of real-life racers do it, and it lowers the center of gravity on real cars. Don't know how faithfully it's rendered in the game though.

I may be biased from my old D-Spec autocross days, where that's how we did it - tear out that sunroof, headliner, visors, all the glass, replace with thin Lexan, strip interiors, ditch all the trim and accessories, get the weight down below the 1600-pound minimum, then weld in some metal weights where the spare tire used to be, behind the rear axle in a deep well, and get the car back to 1601 pounds with an empty tank. :)

The Grand Valley was very tough to get to the 1:14s needed to win. Finally a 111R w/tweaked Praiano tune (can never get his gear ratios...) and cutting that slight right hander coming out of the tunnel did it. Now on to he Civic Seasonal...

So far
Grand valley in evora with race gears and exhaust
Fuji in espirit with race gears and 3rd weight redu.
Tascana in Vauxhall roadster turbo with rear wing and gears and LSD.
Shame classic cars are so slow in this, even at 500pp.

So far
Grand valley in evora with race gears and exhaust
Fuji in espirit with race gears and 3rd weight redu.
Tascana in Vauxhall roadster turbo with rear wing and gears and LSD.
Shame classic cars are so slow in this, even at 500pp.

There's still a lot of fun to be had with classic cars though, particularly at Toscana. I won it in a maxed out Europa Special 71 and I reckon the e-type could do it with a good tune.

There's still a lot of fun to be had with classic cars though, particularly at Toscana. I won it in a maxed out Europa Special 71 and I reckon the e-type could do it with a good tune.

Yep , won the Toscana race in E-TYPE at 425pp .
Posted the tune in this thread. (post #197)

Yep , won the Toscana race in E-TYPE at 425pp .
Posted the tune in this thread. (post #197)

Well there you go, and Giulietta73 did it in a Spitfire, so that's at least 3 classics capable of winning. 425PP in the e-type is impressive. I tried it it stock and only managed about 4th but it was a very enjoyable drive and great to watch the replay with sparks flying off the underside as it bottomed out in the dips. I'd never seen that before.

Back