500PP British LightWeights

I noticed at the first track, Speedway, that the old Lotuses (Sport 190, '00, 'Europa) that whereas I was coping badly with a tuned Elise on Comforts, my A.I. Friends were coping even worse, spinning and scraping the wall. At Monaco, things took a turn for the better, for me anyway. Lap 1 and the 4th placed '00 Elise hits the wall, sparking a massive pile-up that takes me from 6th to 2nd in two turns. Thank god for Zombie A.I!

Most annoying seasonal for me.
Very hard to control these cars.
Won in a tuned 111R, with srf on.

Guess what I got from the 1000ticket from the newyear seasonal?
And guess what I got for winning this seasonal ;)
Useless and untradable...

Just won all races with a premium Elise 111R '04
Weight Reduction -3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
All Aero Parts, downforce 5
Ballast 200kg pos. 0

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning +3
All intake & Exhaust parts
High RPM Turbo
=309bhp

Gear Ratios

1st 3.490
2nd 2.424
3rd 1.802
4th 1.403
5th 1.142
6th 0.973

Final 4.529
Max Speed 162

LSD 10/40/20

-25 -25
7.0 6.0
6. 6
6. 6
5. 5

Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe. 0.00. 0.20

Brake 5. 5

It worked for me first time out on each track...
Happy Racing

I was struggling on Trial Mountain with my race set up but this one helped once I got that little arse end under control :D

Thanks.

I was struggling on Trial Mountain with my race set up but this one helped once I got that little arse end under control :D

Thanks.

Glad it helped ytevo79, it's always good to have a well tuned 500pp to hand lol

When you get to the last race you can drastically lower the hp on that elise and make some nice $$$

Had fun doing this last night - completed them all pretty quickly (not bragging, but I had a good tune). But the Trial Mountain Reverse proved difficult to get used to as I've never raced on it in GT5 before ever.

Best fun I had though was on Toscana. That track made me smile, some of the corners were not as tight as other Toscana seasonal variations that I've driven on, and it certainly was more fun than stupid Eiffel Kart Track in the Civic and Tous France Championnat seasonals.

I have to admit though, that despite being at 500PP in my 111R the Elise Sport 190 was still pretty much a rabbit on every race and this was quite annoying, but not as bad as in the Civic races which I also did yesterday (most of the day, too).

Had fun doing this last night - completed them all pretty quickly (not bragging, but I had a good tune). But the Trial Mountain Reverse proved difficult to get used to as I've never raced on it in GT5 before ever.

Best fun I had though was on Toscana. That track made me smile, some of the corners were not as tight as other Toscana seasonal variations that I've driven on, and it certainly was more fun than stupid Eiffel Kart Track in the Civic and Tous France Championnat seasonals.

I have to admit though, that despite being at 500PP in my 111R the Elise Sport 190 was still pretty much a rabbit on every race and this was quite annoying, but not as bad as in the Civic races which I also did yesterday (most of the day, too).
Guess I was on the same page as you. But I mainly did Toscana with a Vauxhall VX220 @ PP430 last night....Fun freaking car, but not forgiving to a heavy right foot. All 5 laps were fun and I just barely got out front on the last turn! Tempted to try with PP425. That is going to take perfect lines and braking, but more so getting lucky at picking up a draft down the main straight for a few laps.

Using the DFGT. Sensitive to inputs. Minimal is best and let the rear of the car do its thing.

Car: Vauxhall VX220 '00
PP430 with 301.5 Miles

Ballast: +30 and -40 towards the front = 880kilos
ECU Tuning
Exhaust: Sport Manifold, Sport Converter + Titanium Racing Exhaust
Drivetrain: Twin Plate + Semi Racing Flywheel
Oil Change

Spring Rate: -18 | -14
Ride Height: 7.8 | 8.2
Extension: 5 | 5 (anything stiffer is not recommended as the course is not that smooth)
Compression: 4 | 4
Anti Roll Bar: 3 | 3
Camber: 2.4 | 1.5
Toe: -0.01 | + 0.17

Trans:
1st @ 3.650
2nd @ 2.460
3rd @ 1.770
4th @ 1.380
5th @ 1.100
Final Drive @ 3.090
Top Speed @ 137

LSD: :drool:
8 | 26 | 14

Last edited:
for fun i just did Toscane with a stock 111R and put 200kg of ballast on it.

Result: 421PP won in 8:26:XXX with bout 1.5 lead ^^

1,686,580 ish for 8 min of driving fun, not bad :)

Edit:

415PP==>8:24:493==>1.713 sec lead==>1,757,080 credz & 169,260 Exp

goin good ^^

Edit 2:

410PP==>8:24:209(WOOT XD)==>1.654 sec lead==>1,842,100 credz & 177,450 Exp

WOOT!

Edit 3

405PP==>8:22:603(lol)==>2.678 sec lead ( XD )==>1,927,120 credz & 185,640 Exp

lol getting more exited by the min to see if I can get under 400 ^^

Edit 4

400PP==>8:25:764( :( )==>0.938 sec lead ( ^^ )==>1,983,800 credz & 191,100 Exp

Almost there :)

Last edited:
Very nice McMike , I assume you had SRF on. (Skid Recovery Force)

The Elise 190 seems to run consistent 8'24.9's , so anything below that will net you 1st place.
On Average you'll need to run 1'40's every lap after the first one to catch the lead car before last (low speed) corner.

MadMax

Very nice McMike , I assume you had SRF on. (Skid Recovery Force)

The Elise 190 seems to run consistent 8'24.9's , so anything below that will net you 1st place.
On Average you'll need to run 1'40's every lap after the first one to catch the lead car before last (low speed) corner.

MadMax

nope just moved the weight for a 47-53 weight distribution and the car almost handles like a MR ^^ some oversteer in tight places a bit understeer in long fast corners but overal manageable

also worth noticing im using a DS3 ill see how far i can go tonight but right now at 395 I'm running 8:27-8:30 so still need to shave couple secs off :(

will post setup lateron if i can make it with a 395 ^^

should be doable for a guy with steering wheel seeing u can drive more smoothly thru the corners

McMike, seriously nice bit of driving :cheers:

After reading your post earlier today, I just did three rounds in a Vauxhall VX220 Turbo. Almost the same set up as post# 248 and started from PP425. Just finished at PP415.

Now is there a glitch or mistake by PD? I get quicker every time I add weight & reduce the power output! I dont know if I want to venture as low as you, but for 3 rounds of adding weight and reducing power output... I seem to get less wheel spin and run it a bit more flat out! I am see-ing a bit more push in slow corners and little to no oversteer. Fast corners the car still planted like I have a wing on!

This is really weird!

After reading your post earlier today, I just did three rounds in a Vauxhall VX220 Turbo. Almost the same set up as post# 248 and started from PP425. Just finished at PP415.

Now is there a glitch or mistake by PD? I get quicker every time I add weight & reduce the power output! I dont know if I want to venture as low as you, but for 3 rounds of adding weight and reducing power output... I seem to get less wheel spin and run it a bit more flat out! I am see-ing a bit more push in slow corners and little to no oversteer. Fast corners the car still planted like I have a wing on!

This is really weird!

hehe thnx ^^

didn't get up to it last night but i will be giving it a go today :) i can get 1:40's but not consitent enough atm :(

its by finetuning the car, and by adding weight u improve the handling actually :) if u shift it around a bit u can make an almost MR like car :)

for fun i just did toscane with a stock 111r and put 200kg of ballast on it.

Result: 421pp won in 8:26:xxx with bout 1.5 lead ^^

edit:

415pp==>8:24:493==>1.713 sec lead==>1,757,080 credz & 169,260 exp

goin good ^^

edit 2:

410pp==>8:24:209(woot xd)==>1.654 sec lead==>1,842,100 credz & 177,450 exp

woot!

Edit 3

405pp==>8:22:603(lol)==>2.678 sec lead ( xd )==>1,927,120 credz & 185,640 exp

lol getting more exited by the min to see if i can get under 400 ^^

edit 4

400pp==>8:25:764( :( )==>0.938 sec lead ( ^^ )==>1,983,800 credz & 191,100 exp

almost there :)

Edit 5

395pp==>8:28:303==>3.038 sec behind (2nd)==>incredible 1:39:574 lap

if not for my final 1:42:003 lap i think i made've made it :(

still==> 1,130,057 credz & 108,895 Exp

tbc...

bump

hehe thnx ^^

didn't get up to it last night but i will be giving it a go today :) i can get 1:40's but not consitent enough atm :(

its by finetuning the car, and by adding weight u improve the handling actually :) if u shift it around a bit u can make an almost MR like car :)
I agree on adjusting the weight portion towards the front of the car ;)

I tried 2 more times last night. PP410 with no problems, but PP405 I messed up on the last turn by trying to carry way to much speed into and out of it. Though it might not of been enough as they still had a 2.5 sec gap on the final main turn to the straight away.

At PP405, I messed up I believe with taking out 10 ballast to +40 on the nose..think that was my mistake.

Are you mainly adding just weight and not touching the power output? Ive been adding +25 of weight and taking X amount of power to get into a lower HP band...I knew I should not of done the oil change :ouch:

My setup for 395PP

Ballast 200kg between 50-50 and 48-52 distribution
Standard ECU
Power Limiter 77.6%
Standard Intake Manifold
Standard Air Filter
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Standard Catalystic Converter
Standard Exhaust
NO TURBO
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel

Transmission: Tranny Trick then set max speed 224kph
Final Gear Ratio: 4,785
1st Gear: 3.097
2nd Gear: 2.158
3rd Gear: 1.668
4th Gear: 1.358
5th Gear: 1.144
6th Gear: 1.000

LSD: Not certain whats best setup atm caus i feel little variation between high and low
Initial Torque: 10
Acc. Sens. :10
Braking Sens. : 15

Fully Custom Suspension: Front/Back
Ride Height: -20/0
Spring Rate 6.5/12.0
Dampers ( ext ) 4/7
Dampers ( comp ) 4/7
Antiroll 3/4
Camber 2.2/1.5
toe angle -0.20/+0.20

Braking 8/5

this is my current setup, i did a 8:27:XX yesterday but ran a 1:39 lap today so with perfect lines and no interference from other moronic AI its possible to win at 395PP :)

for fun i just did toscane with a stock 111r and put 200kg of ballast on it.

Result: 421pp won in 8:26:xxx with bout 1.5 lead ^^

edit:

415pp==>8:24:493==>1.713 sec lead==>1,757,080 credz & 169,260 exp

goin good ^^

edit 2:

410pp==>8:24:209(woot xd)==>1.654 sec lead==>1,842,100 credz & 177,450 exp

woot!

Edit 3

405pp==>8:22:603(lol)==>2.678 sec lead ( xd )==>1,927,120 credz & 185,640 exp

lol getting more exited by the min to see if i can get under 400 ^^

edit 4

400pp==>8:25:764( :( )==>0.938 sec lead ( ^^ )==>1,983,800 credz & 191,100 exp

almost there :)

Edit 5

395pp==>8:27:829==>3.154 sec behind (3rd)==>1:40:009 lap

consistent 1:40 laps with 1 1:41:299

1:39:574 395PP laprecord
1:39:880
1:40:009

still
==> 2nd: 1,130,057 credz & 108,895 Exp
==> 3rd 821,860 credz & 79,170
tbc...

bump

Last edited:
This junk is brutal. I used some of the immediately available machines in my collection. Started off tuning my TVR Tamora- did no better than 4th and lost by 10 seconds. I downtuned my Lotus Evora- no better than 4th but with a little better margin (still lost by 10 seconds). I can't use any of my Premium Elise models because Normal Cars are allowed. I don't care for the prize car because I already have it. However, I don't think I've as frustrated about any sort of Seasonal like this one. I'd rather try to win that Yamaha TZ250 in Tourist Trophy or complete any of the Sebastien Vettel X Challenges with Gold than do this Seasonal!

This junk is brutal. I used some of the immediately available machines in my collection. Started off tuning my TVR Tamora- did no better than 4th and lost by 10 seconds. I downtuned my Lotus Evora- no better than 4th but with a little better margin (still lost by 10 seconds). I can't use any of my Premium Elise models because Normal Cars are allowed. I don't care for the prize car because I already have it. However, I don't think I've as frustrated about any sort of Seasonal like this one. I'd rather try to win that Yamaha TZ250 in Tourist Trophy or complete any of the Sebastien Vettel X Challenges with Gold than do this Seasonal!

Don't give up man, it's all down to tricking the system :)
Just give the Elise a go with this tune:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7902349#post7902349
And I'm sure you'll do fine 👍

I had a lot of trouble with Monaco. Finally had to use SRF. Very challenging for me. I don't normally use or need SRF.

The problem I was having was sheer lack of tire grip. Earlier in this thread, somebody gave mostly stock build, and used ballast to nerf the Performance Points to get their 111R Elise through. I put those two ideas together and it seems like adding full ballast and then compensating for any remaining PP over the limit with other nerfs seems to do the trick very well.

I imagine the understanding here is you need weight (or downforce, once you're off and running) pushing the vehicle down if you want any traction to work with the power it has, especially when the tires you're using are fail tier.

I imagine this applies to all lightweights to get pole positions in the seasonal event here, but it definitely works on at least two Elise (111R and my Sport 190.)

Yeah, first post, and now I'm off to read the rules and such now, but I wanted to get this tip down to help anybody before I forgot to do so.

There is a little secret jem found in the standard models. Just tried the TVR V8S '91 with only PP444 and won the Fuji Speedway with it. Plus with NO AERO or Engine Stage Modifications :bowdown:

Surprising little car and the amount of grip it retains with Comfort Softs. Toscana @ PP400 is a breeze too. Need to try the Grand Valley and see how that goes. Trial Mountain is going to another story though.

Last edited:

This is really weird!

This seasonal seems to be about driving a pretty strong car with crappy handling due to the tire restriction. I've never had to fight my car going around corners as much (true for most cars eligible for this event, I tried most of them).

500PP is just way too much to be driving on comfort tires. I get that PD wants to make it challenging, but this is just silly. I'd estimate a fair use of tires would be:
0-400pp: Comfort
400-550 pp: Sport
550-...pp: Racing

Also, I agree with most ppl that the 111R is the better choice here (but not by much). However, if I check the performance sheet I notice there to be a considerable power loss (or rather lack of gain) at half revs, which then quickly gets picked up by the turbo. Which means you have 2 zones in which you could spin the car, both in lower revs and in the transition from mid to high (which is usually where I am when taking corners).

Once I was aware of that, I could react to it more appropriately, but it's still annoying, especially on these tires.

I've been trying to fix that small dip in power halfway through the revs, but I haven't been successful as of yet...

I used the lotus evora (sp?)

Must admit to using srf and won the races quite easily after that..

Without srf I was sliding all over the place from the God awful tire restrictions.

Has anybody tried these races since the PP updates at all? Wondering whether or not i should buy the Bentley Speed Car in the OCD or give these a try at some point and get the car as the prize. I remember having a go at these maybe a month or two ago and coming nowhere so moved onto a different seasonal.

stupid Côte d&Azur
I tryed almost 3 hours to win
first time i made 1.59.xxx
but now my standard laps are 1.56.xxx
and fastest 1.54.588 :)
now Im very fan of this narrow circuit:dunce:

can always try an elise...they seem to do nice. (if you add weight to the front to make it stop shaking its ass in every corner)

but again ***holy rabbit batman!!!!***

THANK YOU!

Sorry for replying to an old post but I was going nuts trying to keep my Lotuses (Lotusi?) from shaking their collective asses. Adding weight up front at least makes them a bit more tame.

But, if you're still following the thread or someone else picks up on it, why
does this work? According to Fumes' bible, which is all I have to go by when I can't find a build by someone, to correct oversteer you add weight to the back. But with all these Lotuses (that I've tried so far) adding to the front is what works. How come this works? Is it because they're MRs?

Anyhow, can't get near to 3rd place in any of these current 12th to 1st Seasonals except the 4WD one where you can still take the massive shortcuts in the Sarthe. For some reason they penalize you for doing that in the German GT Seasonal but you can still get away with it in the 4WD.

Thanks again from an elderly newbie trying to deliver himself from the temptation of ASM,

-Rick

Back