500PP Non-Race Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
Some bad young men tried to kick me out off the top 50.
Now you try again 58.422 for P 37. Here my set (body).
100 74
min. min.
10 10
10 10
7 7
0 0
0 0
Brake 4 2 Traction 1
Diff:10/8/11
DF 20 but i put the wing under the rollbar.
I have to excuse for my bad words in the beginning of the race.
I had fun.
Thanks.I'm gonna try this one.Currently stuck in the 58.5.
I could use a couple of tenths and then I'm done with this combo
Great time! :bowdown:

Missing all the fun. Have had no internet connection since 6th June due to Telstra (Australia) cutting it in preparation for upgrading to NBN Broadband. Trouble is they were planning on hooking me up on the 6th however changed that to the 16th but now won't reconnect me in the meantime.
So I have no chance of improving in this Seasonal. Oh well, it happens.
Good luck, well good driving, to you all. And to those who have passed me recently.... I'll be baaack for the next one, hopefully.

Still can't get my BRZ down under 1:01.5
damn turn 1 not having any banking just costs me so much time with this car.
I've gone stiffer, i'be gone softer, i've added ballast to get the weight distribution right
I've tried with and without aero, been up and down the final drive ratios

The car is perfect on Spa/ Bathurst/ Mifield, Autumn-Ring.
Anywhere but Tsukuba

What's the deal with Rims/ Tyres?
I'm running +2" wheels on this car,
Are there any grip benefits going back to stock size or only +1"?

I refuse to use the GSXR to gold this.
Maybe it's time for an MR Lotus

0'57.814... I can't expect more improvement.

ぷらねっと.jpg

Still can't get my BRZ down under 1:01.5
damn turn 1 not having any banking just costs me so much time with this car.
I've gone stiffer, i'be gone softer, i've added ballast to get the weight distribution right
I've tried with and without aero, been up and down the final drive ratios

The car is perfect on Spa/ Bathurst/ Mifield, Autumn-Ring.
Anywhere but Tsukuba

What's the deal with Rims/ Tyres?
I'm running +2" wheels on this car,
Are there any grip benefits going back to stock size or only +1"?

I refuse to use the GSXR to gold this.
Maybe it's time for an MR Lotus

In the 3D world larger wheels lead to more consistent grip, but less side bite, depending on the sidewall of the tire used. I've not seen much difference in +1 or +2, but both seem faster than stock, for some reason. Larger wheels are always heavier too, so the only real life benefit would be width and ability to use a more aggressive tire design.

I wish I had access to PD's calculation on this. lol

Finally got my BRZ down into the 1:01's, but the best I could manage was a 1:01.65.

Elise is just too skatey for my driving style on this track.

Sold my soul to the devil and used the GSXR for the gold.

Any of our aliens care to run a BRZ/86/FRS ....?

Immortals lap is still much better, because it requires a lot more skill to do it without AS.
I utterly disagree!! Playing without AS make the game much more unreal and easier than strong! It gives you an advantage... The point of this great game is to be realistic... and options like this underestimate the main idea of this simulator! ...For example why all players dont use traction control? Using tc means that you are faster? of course not! exactly the opposite...it is something like this but with less addiction...I have got g29 and from what i have heard is very difficult to control it without as...
Congratulations to L-shooter for his great time and to immortal and others for their try too...

Playing without AS make the game much more unreal and easier than strong!

I have got g29 and from what i have heard is very difficult to control it without as.

:confused:

Did you ever drive a car in real life?

AS is a driving aid that does not exist in real life, so it shouldn't be part of a game that wants to be a simulation.

:confused:
AS is a driving aid that does not exist in real life, so it shouldn't be part of a game that wants to be a simulation.
You might want to ''google'' that... it has been around for years now. You may be thinking of SRF:)
:cheers:
Edit: But it should only be available in cars that really have it IMO.

Last edited:
BMW and Nissan are the only street cars I've seen active steering comes in. Probably more though.

Many use a similar term to describe a different system though and I'm not sure it is the same as the video game version and helps lap times in racing environment?

Maybe.

Active steering in real life and the Active Steering in GT6 are two vastly different things.

AS in GT6, is more like a traditional Stability Control system in a way that it assists the car in maintaining control when cornering, but GT6 is adjusting the steering angle for you, where an SC system is using the throttle and brakes to maintain the control of the car.

For me, AS is still a fake aid that essentially fixes your mistakes.
I.e It sees that you've turned the wheel too far on corner entry, exceeded the lateral grip of the tyre which would result in understeer, and it corrects the steering angle for you.
On corner exit, it does the same thing, if you don;t steer enough and the car begins to oversteer, it turns the wheels for you.

BMW and Nissan are the only street cars I've seen active steering comes in. Probably more though.

Many use a similar term to describe a different system though and I'm not sure it is the same as the video game version and helps lap times in racing environment?

Maybe.
Active steering in real life and the Active Steering in GT6 are two vastly different things.

AS in GT6, is more like a traditional Stability Control system in a way that it assists the car in maintaining control when cornering, but GT6 is adjusting the steering angle for you, where an SC system is using the throttle and brakes to maintain the control of the car.

For me, AS is still a fake aid that essentially fixes your mistakes.
I.e It sees that you've turned the wheel too far on corner entry, exceeded the lateral grip of the tyre which would result in understeer, and it corrects the steering angle for you.
On corner exit, it does the same thing, if you don;t steer enough and the car begins to oversteer, it turns the wheels for you.
While neither of you directly quoted me, I feel your responses may have been directed my way. The statement I replied to was that ''AS is a driving aid that does not exist in real life'', which is false. Realistic or not, or faster or slower is irrelevant in this case. Does Active Steering exist...Yes, that's all.

While neither of you directly quoted me, I feel your responses may have been directed my way. The statement I replied to was that ''AS is a driving aid that does not exist in real life'', which is false. Realistic or not, or faster or slower is irrelevant in this case. Does Active Steering exist...Yes, that's all.

The AS steering in real life is something completely different from what we have in the game.
So the driving aid called AS in the game doesn't exist in real life.

If I'm not wrong GT Sport/7 don't have SRF anymore. AS is just like IRL car today, eg; the latest Acura NSX road car depend on software to handle well. Hope PD will follow exactly the driving aids according to the age of those cars. Eg; VW Beetle '49 can't having ABS or any driving aids. Just make it more realistic to be a real simulator.:P

The AS steering in real life is something completely different from what we have in the game.
So the driving aid called AS in the game doesn't exist in real life.
Again;
The statement I replied to was that ''AS is a driving aid that does not exist in real life'', which is false. Realistic or not, or faster or slower is irrelevant in this case. Does Active Steering exist...Yes, that's all.
Please note that I am not saying it acts real, simply that it is a real system. Your post stated that it wasn't, which is not true.
So is AS a real life system....The answer is still YES.

Please note that I am not saying it acts real, simply that it is a real system. Your post stated that it wasn't, which is not true.
So is AS a real life system....The answer is still YES.

Ok yes there is AS in real life, but the point is the driving aid we got in the game that is also called AS
doesn't exist in real life the way it works in the game.

It's like they make a car with 8 seats for GT and call it Porsche 911 GT3 RS. The car exists in real life but
has nothing to do with the game.

I think you both have a point.... I never drive in a real car . But I know new cars have driving ''helps''. Well: When we get a GT6 All star race on a real track? :P

I'm out then but I think a couple guys here can make a good lap with a real car.

Back