500PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Grand Valley East

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 141 comments
IMG_8563.JPG

Using a bastardised version of the Andromeda tune. Thanks for posting.

Also, :cheers: to @Retiree for throwing in the towel which has allowed me to sneak on past...:D

👍

Been chasing @BenMillard Series 1 around in the @praiano63 RGT, was fun but couldn't catch him and couldn't break 67 seconds, signed of with a 67.0xx.
Top five places on leaderboard occupied by cheaters may have killed this one for me 🤬
Got some nice replays from the fast peeps before the invasion though

I tried to get at least bronze with the jelly car tuned Honda Life Step Van, and here is the result.

Have to agree with @Retiree that this was great fun to watch, so i tried - and failed - myself, with a 1:23.826. A really good driver with some better knowledge in tuning might be able to get Bronze?!
:cheers:

Edit: Did you feel Goosebumps as well when flying past the finish line with 100mph? :lol:

Have to agree with @Retiree that this was great fun to watch, so i tried - and failed - myself, with a 1:23.826. A really good driver with some better knowledge in tuning might be able to get Bronze?!
:cheers:

Edit: Did you feel Goosebumps as well when flying past the finish line with 100mph? :lol:
Yes, I did. Also I had the car tuned so that it had the best chance of rolling possible, like in this video.

So I'm sure that it could be tuned to go faster, but that would take some of the fun out of it.

After three days of practice I managed 1:05.468 with Andromeda tune (thanks:cheers:). There's still a margin there to shave as the first and last sector wasn't my best.
The thing that worked for me with Andromeda tune was to remove weight reduction and adjusting the limiter. I wonder if something similar happens when I do it with Roweer and Maxx/Erazer tunes. Hmmm, need to check that out...

After three days of practice I managed 1:05.468 with Andromeda tune (thanks:cheers:). There's still a margin there to shave as the first and last sector wasn't my best.
The thing that worked for me with Andromeda tune was to remove weight reduction and adjusting the limiter. I wonder if something similar happens when I do it with Roweer and Maxx/Erazer tunes. Hmmm, need to check that out...

Remove weight you must mean? Let us know how that works out for you.👍 It was a bit of a surprise that the weight and power reduction on Andromedas setup, compared to the ones Maxx and I shared, didn't influence negatively -at least- on top speed at the end of the straight...

Seems it will only get worse with cheaters from here on. Well at least they're neatly stacked at the top, making it easy to remove the bunch when it's over -if Sony/PD can be bothered to do even that! This is making the need for GT Sport quite eminent.

Down to 1:04.660, still using Andromeda-Setup, making me shared 31'st and best DS3 using only ABS=1!:D
I am of course ignoring the cheaters here.

EDIT: Improved to .602 with final gear set to 3150 today.

Last edited:
Been chasing @BenMillard Series 1 around in the @praiano63 RGT, was fun but couldn't catch him and couldn't break 67 seconds, signed of with a 67.0xx.
Top five places on leaderboard occupied by cheaters may have killed this one for me 🤬
Got some nice replays from the fast peeps before the invasion though
I tried a few cars before settling on that one. It's my best driving, actually spent some hours trying to see how many Suzukis I could beat.

Kudos for trying with an RR. Thought I was optimistic even with this very favoured FR!

Ran a few laps, 1:04.454 for 18'th (13'th non-cheater)
I can do better, but this is the turnpoint where it stops being fun and becomes work instead, so that's as far as I'll go.

Few modifications to my setup:
toe: -0.05/+0.20
brakes 7/3
LSD 5/12/42
180kg ballast @ +6 pos.
262bhp

1:04.922 - 81th atm - 2nd PAD/AT - thanks to the original @TRL_Andromeda tune.
I'm going to try the new heavier version... target low 1:04.8xx.

ciao

EDIT: new times
1:04.903 - new tune version
1:04.894 - original tune ---> 1:04.894 :banghead:--->1:04.871 ---> 1:04.717 51th / 1st PAD/AT atm :D

I feel better with original tune even if by PAD should be the more difficult one since is 10kg lighter and more turny / less neutral (47:53 vs 48:52)

Thanks to @Ed_Night too, he motivated me to go faster in 1:04.xxx....

Last edited:
Ran a few laps, 1:04.454 for 18'th (13'th non-cheater)
I can do better, but this is the turnpoint where it stops being fun and becomes work instead, so that's as far as I'll go.

Few modifications to my setup:
toe: -0.05/+0.20
brakes 7/3
LSD 5/12/42
180kg ballast @ +6 pos.
262bhp

lol, I noticed that pretty too late....

At the end I was using ballast @ +10
LSD 5 60 5
Neutral toe
+0.2 camber in front
Brake 5 2

Not sure but I guess I used minimum spring in front and 5.16 in rear like the tune i made first few day of event.

And I was using special gearbox to suit with the LSD.

If i did'nt have ps3 issue last 2 weeks I probably improve this time ( maybe in .3xx ), but Xife with his 1.04,1xx are a legend to me, so close from Shooter and his AC.

@TRL_Andromeda did you change your gearbox or you are using the gearbox you have shared? Honestly, its was the only weakness from your tunes in my opinion. ( no offense haha )

lol, I noticed that pretty too late....

At the end I was using ballast @ +10
LSD 5 60 5
Neutral toe
+0.2 camber in front
Brake 5 2

Not sure but I guess I used minimum spring in front and 5.16 in rear like the tune i made first few day of event.

And I was using special gearbox to suit with the LSD.

If i did'nt have ps3 issue last 2 weeks I probably improve this time ( maybe in .3xx ), but Xife with his 1.04,1xx are a legend to me, so close from Shooter and his AC.

@TRL_Andromeda did you change your gearbox or you are using the gearbox you have shared? Honestly, its was the only weakness from your tunes in my opinion. ( no offense haha )
nope, used the exact one posted, what was the issue? for me it was close af without topping out, and all corners had a given gear to take to. I never even concidered changing it...

nope, used the exact one posted, what was the issue? for me it was close af without topping out, and all corners had a given gear to take to. I never even concidered changing it...

Maybe dont suit to my driving.

At tunel entry, the exit of corner before, it was a big issue to me, and on the straight I was 1 to 2km/h slower with yours.

Maybe I was not able to exit last corner correctly with your gearbox and this is why I was slower, I remember to being not confortable at all with yours gearbox, after 2 or 3 hours driving non-stop.

Like I said, its was the weakness to me, in my opinion, I did 3 or 4 different gearsbox for Gran Valley and my worst one was faster to me than yours.

Back