500PP Racing Car Super Lap: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 205 comments
As said, for the love of God and everything sacred :lol:, DO NOT REBUILD THE ENGINE.....you will be right back to square one if you do. (rebuilding the engine also changes the oil, just fyi.)

I'm having to run mine in manually :yuck: at Route X because I have no rubberbands atm. Oil light just came on at around 3,000 miles so still have a long ways to go. Its alright though as I'm still suffering from the effects of my stroke so its helping me get back into things gradually. Still not the "normal" me yet. :ill: :indiff: :(

Last edited:
Question... grinding the TS ...oil red, but engine also deteriorated.... do you overhaul engine?
hahaha, everbody almost paniced, one would think you wrote that on purpose.
Buy a new TS030 for 510pp and up.
Keep this one for the 500pp once it gets there.
I guess i need to grind my ts030, but not today, gonna sleep.

I ran it at Route X by making the R2 button the throttle, and wedging the controller to keep it full throttle. It'll do fairly good at riding the wall without any steering help. It does get stuck occasionally, but more downforce and less power keeps it going fairly good.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!! :)

Finally got ahold of some rubberbands. So now I wait and let I. CargoRatt do his thing. It looks like he's running around 6'22.9's consistently per lap. That's about 9 laps per hour roughly X's 18 miles per lap comes to around 162 miles per hour of running. Man, this is going to take forever.

Its bulletproof to work on SSRX aswell, I've been running for 19 hours now, and the laptimes are still within a few tenths of eachother. Howerver its now 7 seconds slower due to the power has started to drop.

I'm running with a race spec'ed setup for the suspension, LSD 60/5/60, minimum downforce ofcorse, CH tyres at the front, and RS tyres at the back, and TC at 10. thats it. :)

Edit:
I did exactly 6000km, and it took about 20 hours to get it, but finally the TS030 is down in power, and then got down to 1:21.396 after about 40 minutes of driving. It is faster than the S2000 for sure.

I also need to correct myself, @coryclifford , you where absolutely right, it seems the car really does'nt mind the lack of power at all. what it does mind is the extra weight, it only got faster the ligher it got.

But with the powerlimiter set at 50.0%, I was only able to get 250bhp and 173kg ballast, and since you got down to 249bhp and 167kg, there is more for me to grind.:( (My oil was flashing red, but the engine overhaul was only yellow and "begun to deteriorate" after 6000km (3728miles))

This leads to further questions: What is the limit, what is the lowest possible power output you can get from this car? and how far do you have to drive it to get it there?

Anyway, I also found that the car really did'nt mind huge ammount of downforce, despite the low power, I still found the fastest setup to be 600/780

Edit2:
here is the rest of the setup for those who are interested:

Suspension:
Ride height: 85/80
Spring rate: 14.20/15.40
Dampers compression: 2/2
Dampers extension: 2/2
Anti-roll bars: 6/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.00
Brake balance: 4/3

Transmisson:
Reset to default > Max speed 280kmh (173mph) > Set individual gears
1'st: 4.567
2'nd: 3.208
3'rd: 2.406
4'th: 2.055
5'th: 1.760
6'th: 1.505

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 10
Braking sensitivity: 5

Powerlimiter @50.0%
Ballast as low as it will allow you given your power output (depending on mileage), at 0% position.
DF: 600/780

Edit3:
I looked through the GT6 Oil, Engine, and High Mileage HP Deterioration Guide, and it seems the lowest possible power output will be achieved after 210 000km (130 488mi.):eek:.
Luckily, most part of the power loss will already be done after 15 300km (9 507mi.) and is probably the distance to aim for. 👍

I just rubberbanded roughly 2,000 miles overnight in free run (time trial mode) and the miles didn't seem to stick. Do I need to manually save before going back to the main screen? When I go into the garage, the miles are still the same as they were before I started. Whats the trick to this?

I just rubberbanded roughly 2,000 miles overnight in free run (time trial mode) and the miles didn't seem to stick. Do I need to manually save before going back to the main screen? When I go into the garage, the miles are still the same as they were before I started. Whats the trick to this?
Yeah, I tried that too, you need to be in "free run" accessed from the garage.

If you enter/exit the 'Car Settings' page before leaving the track then the mileage will be saved. I don't know why PD have done it this way but it's the only way to keep the clocked up miles.

But as @TRL_Andromeda has said, it is best to do it via the 'Test Drive' in the garage. In Europe it is labeled as 'Free Run' 👍

Last edited:
If you enter/exit the 'Car Settings' page before leaving the track then the mileage will be saved. I don't know why PD have done it this way but it's the only way to keep the clocked up miles. 👍

Ah, that explains some things then because I have lost a few thousand miles from manual grinding also. I should have around 8,000 miles by now through manual and rubberband grinding but only have a little over 2,000. :banghead: Is this for time trial mode or do I have to access the track through that garage tab? Would like to know for sure before I waste any more time with this. :banghead:

In the 'Test Drive' garage tab you should have no such waste of effort like you did with arcade mode, the miles will stick for sure there.

It is only in arcade mode where you would have to do the extra step before leaving the track.

In the 'Test Drive' garage tab you should have no such waste of effort like you did with arcade mode, the miles will stick for sure there.

It is only in arcade mode where you would have to do the extra step before leaving the track.

Alright, thanks my good friend. 👍 You will save me a lot more headaches in the future with your help here, appreciate it. :cheers:

Strange, I have been grinding the TS, Indy, taped accel. Started out with 1:9-1:10 as bhp went down I was doing 1:12, did some TT and now back to grinding. 1:07-08 now ! maybe different Trans. All default no, camber, toe +1.00 f-r df min.

Daytona is faster, I can get it doing 1:03.2 when setup perfectly with the smallest steering amount needed. my grinding is done now tho, car is at 9,900miles/15,800km with no significant drop in power from the last 4-500 miles.

min DF & 199mph trans. 👍

Strange comparison: Motor Trend test of McLaren P1 and Porsche 908 had them lapping Laguna Seca at 1:29.9 and 1:30.7.

An FXX at 650PP with SH tires will also do a routine 1:30.5 .

Just some curious significance about 1:30 at Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
Hi all! :dopey:

I decided to mix things up and have a bit of a break from chasing the board on these last TT's.

I decided to just run a completely stock car. No oil change or anything. Straight from the dealer.
I happened to mention this to a certain friend of mine.....
...and we decided to have a fun challenge to see who could get the best time! :dopey:.

Using the S2000 LM Race Car I managed a 1:26.514.....
....my friend managed a 1:26.415!

Both of us used manual shifting, ABS1 and no other aids.

My friend @WhoosierGirl you are an awesome driver!
You beat my time with very little effort and running a handful of laps.

Great job @WhoosierGirl :cheers:

:cheers:

Hi all! :dopey:

I decided to mix things up and have a bit of a break from chasing the board on these last TT's.

I decided to just run a completely stock car. No oil change or anything. Straight from the dealer.
I happened to mention this to a certain friend of mine.....
...and we decided to have a fun challenge to see who could get the best time! :dopey:.

Using the S2000 LM Race Car I managed a 1:26.514.....
....my friend managed a 1:26.415!

Both of us used manual shifting, ABS1 and no other aids.

My friend @WhoosierGirl you are an awesome driver!
You beat my time with very little effort and running a handful of laps.

Great job @WhoosierGirl :cheers:

:cheers:

Our little challenge was fun using the stock cars, and for the record we did the same for the Vipers and @SW__10 beat me 1:06.981 to 1:07.129 so he is none to shabby himself!

I did use manual and as much as it was my downfall with the vipers it help so much with the S2000, I even used the manual for the TS030 with a 1:20.582 for 14th place.

Our little challenge and the online racing with the "geezers" has been so much fun, keeping the game interesting.

@WhoosierGirl is different class

The three "classes" here, lol.

images9247RBIX.jpg

I must say my heart sank when I realised you'd jumped me in the last hour or so :lol:

Lol, Sorry Growling!

My heart sank at 10:55pm when I realized the TT ended at 11pm and not 10pm, I had been back home since 9:45pm and had plenty of time to improve but thought it already ended, lol.

5 minutes? You make me sick Lady

No, no...I ran that lap earlier when I first got home and then switched to do the @SW__10 "stock challenge". I had to go grocery shopping and when I got back I thought I only had 15 minutes until the end of the TT, when in reality I had 75 minutes, lol. At 10:55 my heart sank when I realized I had plenty of time left but, was mistaken about when the TT really ended.

Back