512BB '76 One-Make-Event - Suzi 550 RWD - XX:23 / XX:53

• Thread starter Ren
  • 776 comments
Like i said, friends turned up, had a race with PureGT but staying with their Schumacher night i used the BMW M3 Coupe. As for my ride i use the S2/S3 but have made this S3/S3 which is a little easier to race, again can go into the 52's although not as quick as the other, feel free to try, you may like it, you may not. I did try this in one race, best lap 1.52.626, race time 9.29.272

Did post settings here but decided would be better sending via private pm, so set up is restricted to just those racing in your event, hope thats ok

Great lap time there 👍 gives me something to aim for now :D so is that magical tune up for offer :lol: best i managed was 52:96x but with slipstream

Thanks to everyone for the great racing 👍 I'll be back tomorrow night for more :sly:

Yes it was very good races there, fast and clean just as we like it 👍
arma-81 is also from the pureGT forum:sly:
Must say that you are very fast Chunkee_Monkey in both F 512BB & M3:cheers:

Regards
PureGT_SWE_1

I joined in with PureGT and their event this evening, came across for a quick go with the 512 and as you saw i had a terrible race, not a car you can just jump in and out of

Sadly, after some fantastic races in the younger days of this event, things have cooled down a bit :scared: I assume the long waited for 750PP events plus GTP Race Event 03 have a bit of influence here...
I was thinking things might get spiced up again if this lovely machine it treated to 650PP, so I have put up a poll to see if that raises fresh interest.

Let me know what you think (vote! LOL).

Cheers, Ren 👍

Thats what I'm thinking...
But I'm getting the strong suspicion that absolutely everything is evolving around Suzi 750PP.... You're the first guy even voting :confused: Thing's might change when event 03 is over, though.
VR6 is discussing an NSX event at Fuji 650. Tuned my NSX yesterday => huge fun!!! Just didnt see any GTPlers in the races. You racing tonight?

PS: how did event 03 go for you?? (I had a bye week, easy start LOL)

Thats what I'm thinking...
But I'm getting the strong suspicion that absolutely everything is evolving around Suzi 750PP.... You're the first guy even voting :confused: Thing's might change when event 03 is over, though.
VR6 is discussing an NSX event at Fuji 650. Tuned my NSX yesterday => huge fun!!! Just didnt see any GTPlers in the races. You racing tonight?

PS: how did event 03 go for you?? (I had a bye week, easy start LOL)

Hell yeah im racing tonight. havent driven the NSX in such a long time. Well event 3 didnt go so well, had to pull out the race. I'm just to busy and was GF birthday so did things with her. But im on for tonight 👍 I also tried the F40, thats not to bad either

I had a go with the Ferrari BB at 650PP Fuji yesterday and it was great, could keep up with and beat a lot of NSX's too. I will definitely be giving it another go!

Ferrari 512BB '76 - Tuned for Fuji 550PP (Slightly tweaked setup - PB free run with this so far 1'52.626)

Power: -18
Weight: 85%

Tyres: S2 /S3

Height: -27 / -29
Springs: 6 / 7
Damper: 5 / 6
Toe: -0.11 / +0.01
Camber: 2.5 / 2.4

Brakes: 7 /8
Turning: 50 (with wheel)
ABS: 3

1st: 97 - 2782
2nd: 139 - 1953
3rd: 181 - 1500
4th: 223 -1220
5th: 285 - 1020
Final: 3380

Notes on the gearing: Still not (100%) happy with the gears, I suspect the tenth I'm lacking on a few fast guys may be found here, but I couldn't work out a better compromise yet...
Anyway: with this I take Dunlop in first gear, shift up as I go around Turn 11 and stay in 2nd all the way up onto the straight. Since I don't use a clutch and this car must have on of the longest shift-times in the game I thought the less shifting the better. Prob is the rev drop from 1st to 2nd, exit Dunlop must be very decent to get a quick run up the hill.

Last edited:
Hi all!
I am wondering if it is worthwhile to get this event rolling again.
Suzi 800 will be very sought after, but for those that love this car, Fuji, and the less monstrous events (PP wise) this event can offer some great racing.

This time I would also like to piggy back on something we've had in other race events from time to time, recently in Vins' great Cali-Event: the inofficial ranking thingy, maybe with sharing of replays and tunes even...

But before I activate anything I'd like to hear what you guys think.
Atm I can't figure out how to delete (or change) the irrelevant POL above. (Tips for that welcome :)), so just comment whether you're interested or not.

Thanks!
Keep well!
Heiko

Nice, that's two us then already :)
Hope a little crowd gathers at least!

I'll be in at 23

Last edited:
Thanks to plenty slip from Oldnail new PB race lap: 1'52.434 :)

Had fun driving this classic again!
Dranddad, RPM, thx for the races! :cheers:

*EDIT*
Tune moved to Post # 1
Ranking list started. As reference I have also posted the lap times from the last time around. Hope that list gets a bit longer with new times :-)

Last edited:
A new personal best for me, 153.161 with a 6 beer handicap. FUN!
I should add, this was with slip.

Last edited:
Awesome fun tonight! 👍
BTH_Lacko_M47 just reported a "shocking" race lap of 1'52.011 .... scary :scared: Will have to put that in the list I'm afraid :-)
Since most participants seem to be getting drunk and drunker I do not expect much more improvements tonight! And I can't type anymore anyway, will check up on things tomorrow...

For now thx to RPM, Dranddad, Oldnail, Davinci, Pasm, Lacko, Crispy, and Rossrobit for a number of fantastic races :cheers:

To achieve this lap time it was needed PASM to pull me in both laps because he overtook me after T2.
Thanks guys for the awesome racing. I gotta go to race now :D

Best laps etc. updated in post 1
In a great bumber to bumper battle Lacko pulled me to a new pb race lap of 1'52,262 :)
More to come 👍

In for a first run at 23!

Are you including slipstream laps?

It's usually not done.

Best clean air lap for me is a 1'53.249

Updated! 👍

To your question: You're right, it's usually not. But I am, and hey, only dead fish swim with the stream :lol: Naw, serious, I thought I'd do so cause in the real racing world best race lap times can include slip, and using it strategically clever can decide races. But happily taking up your question I will add comments acc, that might be a good idea. Thx 👍

Last edited:
Hi Ren, new lap time for the old codger.

1'53:681 | Free Run

Going to try your settings on first post now.

Nice Phil! Updated 👍
Come join in, small grids still, but Oldnail and I just had a good time!

Did a few races today with RPM, Calcifer, RussRobit and Redwings...quite enjoyable racing with a wonderful car :cheers: I started out with Ren's tune, but then decided to slap S3's on all around and ended up doing a 1'51.931 in Redwings draft.

I'll have to see what I can achieve in free air once the S3/S3 tune is dialed in 👍 I can't seem to pull myself away from the 800PP Suzuka event though :lol:

Did a few races today with RPM, Calcifer, RussRobit and Redwings...quite enjoyable racing with a wonderful car :cheers: I started out with Ren's tune, but then decided to slap S3's on all around and ended up doing a 1'51.931 in Redwings draft.

I'll have to see what I can achieve in free air once the S3/S3 tune is dialed in 👍 I can't seem to pull myself away from the 800PP Suzuka event though :lol:

Good to hear mate! I'll put your time up, first 51 time, very very nice 👍.
I like the S3/S3 combo too, started with that. But then Chunki came up with the S2/S3 thing which I tried, and somehow I stuck to it, maybe I should revisit that.....
And oh yeah :lol: I hear ya about Suzi 800, must be a blast. I HAVE to look into that sooner or later, but atm I can't pull myself away from this :-)

Last edited:
Back