512BB '76 One-Make-Event - Suzi 550 RWD - XX:23 / XX:53

• Thread starter Ren
  • 776 comments
I had a rather unpleasant evening yesterday... wanting to race and not getting a single (nil) races connected is not satisfying to put it mildly. Was crying a river about it in the chat of course blaming PD (can never be wrong :lol:). Wayne had the same problem which made us wonder if it's down to SA. And well... it is! :grumpy: The bloddy fibre glass cable hooking us up with Europe etc broke (?! how can that happen!?). And our fellow african experts claim 6-8 days for the repair :odd: Going on experience that means at least 3 weeks for which I might be out of business :(

Typical murphy: Heiko finally find's some motivation again, dusts off his seat and 3 days later this!!!

Sorry CT, Ghost_Yelo, Wayne, Polecat, African_Kat should I be the messenger of the bad news, but I'm afraid we may all be effected :indiff:

Question to CT: your connection has often proven better than mine, are you having trouble since yesterday?

Ren
I had a rather unpleasant evening yesterday... wanting to race and not getting a single (nil) races connected is not satisfying to put it mildly. Was crying a river about it in the chat of course blaming PD (can never be wrong :lol:). Wayne had the same problem which made us wonder if it's down to SA. And well... it is! :grumpy: The bloddy fibre glass cable hooking us up with Europe etc broke (?! how can that happen!?). And our fellow african experts claim 6-8 days for the repair :odd: Going on experience that means at least 3 weeks for which I might be out of business :(

Typical murphy: Heiko finally find's some motivation again, dusts off his seat and 3 days later this!!!

Sorry CT, Ghost_Yelo, Wayne, Polecat, African_Kat should I be the messenger of the bad news, but I'm afraid we may all be effected :indiff:

Question to CT: your connection has often proven better than mine, are you having trouble since yesterday?

When I wrote to Sony asking them to disconnect the punters, I had no idea they'd resort to this :lol:

Seriously bad news though, this event was just getting good and people were starting to get back into GT5p again 👎

When I wrote to Sony asking them to disconnect the punters, I had no idea they'd resort to this :lol:

Seriously bad news though, this event was just getting good and people were starting to get back into GT5p again 👎

Hope your connection problems are soon sorted Ren.

Phillip.

Yeah, thanks guys 👍
It's not like totally dead (otherwise I wouldn't be typing this) but noticably worse in connectability. Got one race in with Wayne today, so that was a treat at least, we'll see how it goes on.

And Andy: I hope things stay good as it began over the weekend. Keep it alive :)

Ren

Yeah man this Seacom rubbish sucks bigtime, but when it's going, it goes well. Mweb busy making plans to organise alternative bandwidth for now. So will be up and running again soon. Could always try hook up my phone but I can just imagine the phone bill at the end of the month :lol:

I had some fantastic races tonight with Rutter and i-Plume, especially in the last one me and i-Plume were exchanging places about 3 times per lap! :dopey:

Also, thanks for the tune Maz 👍 My best is a 16.5, with a few tenths left I think, but you and Ramon are just on another level!

By the way, I'm using my alter ego JetPack01 because I can't sign in on my other account :grumpy: I'll be on again tomorrow night, see you then :)

Thanks man! Really enjoyed it. I was wandering who this jetpack fellow was because they where quick as!

20pzgi8.jpg

Getting closer :D

All the best
Maz

20pzgi8.jpg

Getting closer :D

All the best
Maz

Very, very nice Maz. Just please don't provoke Ramon any further or he might decide to show us a sub 15.5, just because he can :odd:

And I feel slow enough as it stands :lol:

Ren
Very, very nice Maz. Just please don't provoke Ramon any further or he might decide to show us a sub 15.5, just because he can :odd:

And I feel slow enough as it stands :lol:

Very true Ren.

Great times Maz/Ramon I still have to find 2 seconds, down to 2'17.865 now, finding 1 second would do me :grumpy:

Phillip.

I've come to term and had accepted that I just suck with this car. I've put forth me best effort I think and just can't seem to cope with this beast:(. To all that can take her on, kudos to you guys:tup:👍.

I'm in at xx23 👍

EDIT: thanks to KOR_Goldfinger and the 2 Canadian Elises for a fun race 👍

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
I will be up for a couple soon Ren even though I'm about 2 seconds off the pace!

That's just fine, then we can share buckets and shovels at the end of the grid, we'll have fun anyways :) Seeya soon buddy (going to fetch beer first) :cheers:

Edit: in at 53 now!

Edit#2: Awesome race just now with Oldnail and Wayne! May this continue!

Last edited:
Ren
That's just fine, then we can share buckets and shovels at the end of the grid, we'll have fun anyways :) Seeya soon buddy (going to fetch beer first) :cheers:

Edit: in at 53 now!

Edit#2: Awesome race just now with Oldnail and Wayne! May this continue!

Yes, great couple of races with you and Wayne, I need a break for another beer now, it's actually warm here in the UK, see you soon. Super fast Maz on now so no chance for me after a couple of beers! Maybe on later!

Mazmate,i whas just in a race with you were my ps3 froze up....i really hope i didn't ruin your race with the KOR-guys since i hosted that race...:nervous:

If so,sorry mate...

spy.

Nice racing today with Wayne, Rutter, Oldnail, Maz, KOR_Borris and some clean racers from the US in NSX's 👍
Had great fun, cheers guys :cheers:

Seeya soon!

Mazmate,i whas just in a race with you were my ps3 froze up....i really hope i didn't ruin your race with the KOR-guys since i hosted that race...:nervous:

If so,sorry mate...

spy.

Nah man, not at all, I saw your car go off before Dunlop and you seemed to leave the race. That was a magnificent race with KOR_Hellrazor :bowdown:

Cheers to Rutter, kor_borris, Ren, Wayna for some great racing tonight. Off to bed soon, going to British GP tomorrow :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

me! :)
Maybe one or two nowish, then soccer, maybe more later, too.

Edit: In at 53 => and spectated :-(. Maybe more luck later!

Last edited:
Anybody out there?

Man, think I've never seen this forum this quiet :indiff:, sad really :(. No entry in most race event thread in days, on top I find myself alone in the chat right now, and THAT on a Saturday evening, makes you wonder... Where is GT5 ?! ;)

Anyhow: was wondering if anybody's up for some racing tonight?

Back