512BB '76 One-Make-Event - Suzi 550 RWD - XX:23 / XX:53

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ren
  • 776 comments
  • 62,654 views
Thanks to Rutter and Maz for some fun races tonight. I managed to keep myself involved for the first few laps, but my inconsistency and scary handling 512 saw me watching the other guys battling from a little further back on each lap :)

But great fun nonetheless, thanks guys 👍
 
Good battles out there tonight. Crispy, Ren, Crazytortise i thank you for the enjoyable races.

Maz, you are bloody fast.:bowdown:
Thanks for the races & i apologise for my mistakes, mainly at 130R.

:cheers:
 
Back for action...
In at 52 :)
 
Thanks to Crispy, Volcano, Rudi, Crazytortise, Wayna, Rutter, Kor borris, KOR_Blackheart, NINJA_RACER and JvM for the excellent racing tonight. This event as always stands head and shoulders above all the rest :bowdown: :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz
 
Thanks to Crispy, Volcano, Rudi, Crazytortise, Wayna, Rutter, Kor borris, KOR_Blackheart, NINJA_RACER and JvM for the excellent racing tonight. This event as always stands head and shoulders above all the rest :bowdown: :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

:nervous: looks like I missed a whole bunch of good action.. but: I just had a fantastic grid of 3 with KOR_? (sorry, can't recall, was too exiting) and JvM! Excellent bumper to bumper action :cheers:
 
:nervous: looks like I missed a whole bunch of good action.. but: I just had a fantastic grid of 3 with KOR_? (sorry, can't recall, was to exiting) and JvM :cheers:

Not at all Ren, I met those guys mostly throughout the afternoon and evening in 3 or 4 car races, not all at once. A race with 1 Kor driver and JvM is worth 20 full-grid races of nobodies any day 👍

All the best
Maz
 
I'm in for a few in a couple of hours or so.

Hope to see some of you out there later. There was some really good racing out there last night, and had a great battle with EERS4YEARS and BTH_RudRift earlier on, now that I've sorted my 512s 'scary' handling problems...thanks for that one guys 👍
 
Thanks for the racing yesterday guys ;)

I will join in for a few @52
 
I'm going to try and join at 22, I might not have enough time for all 10 laps though.
 
was going well behind silk and dapper untill that stupid clio punted me :rolleyes: this is a fun event 👍
 
Just jumped on for a couple in the last hour. 4 opponents in my first slot. I was green in the car, and a bit shakey. Thanks to Twisty and Mr_Volcano for waiting around a couple of times for me to join up again. Had a good close battle toward the end.
Then at :22 ended up in a ding-dong battle with GTP_US_GT (T_B and Mr_V dissappearing into the distance). Slight variations in tunes gave us each certain best sectors. I dropped it on lap9 avoiding a Clio, but was a torrid affair up until then. Close and clean. Excellent. Thankyou.
 
Well now, that was a bunch of fun!! At least up until the game froze. :crazy: Thank you GTNDC_Honeycar, mr_VOLCANO, BTH_Rudrift (I hope I didn't cut you off at the 130R??), ripping_silk, SpawnBlack, Dapper, kor_borris.
 
I just changed ”my” tune and cut of 0.4sec in my 4th free run lap :eek:

Finaly I can do consistent 2.16! I have had some problems adjusting to my DFGT, but it seems that wasnt the only problem, thanks for a great tune Timeattack 👍

Back @22
 
i had some beers already, :dunce: but will try it at 52.
f2t3p111n11.gif
 
That last one sucked the life out of me! phew. Trying to break the back of 4 other cars to find a way to the front. Needless to say, I never made it. I'll be back at :22 !
 
Thanks for the great racing tonight! :)
This car got even better when I found the right tune 👍 Some good battles out there;) Too drunk now to drive...
 
typical !
I take a win and everyone is too drunk to see it. (which is why I won i suppose!! ahem) :sly:
Some excellent racing over the last few hours nonetheless. many thanks to all I encountered on my way up (or down!).
 
I wouldn't mind joining for a race or two in maybe 15 mins if folks are still going to be around?

All the best
Maz
 
typical !
I take a win and everyone is too drunk to see it. (which is why I won i suppose!! ahem) :sly:
Some excellent racing over the last few hours nonetheless. many thanks to all I encountered on my way up (or down!).

i wouldn't say that silk. I've raced against you long enought to know that you earned your win friend!!!
 
I wouldn't mind joining for a race or two in maybe 15 mins if folks are still going to be around?

All the best
Maz

There're still a few of us here. (PS. No beers.... yet :)

PPS. Oh, I see. My mistake. You were looking for *competition*! No, those guys left about an hour ago. Sorry.

Nice run, Maz! 👍👍 You know in the sailing world we call that a "horizon job" (I completely lost sight of you).

Now, if I can just find that roll of helicopter tape to stick my doors back on with...
 
Last edited:
Thanks Eric, that's very kind mate 👍

Was great racing you, KOR_Borris, KOR_Goldfinger and EDK :cheers:

All the best
Maz
 
i wouldn't say that silk. I've raced against you long enought to know that you earned your win friend!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Solarr 👍 !, but seriously that win did get gifted to me.
The competition is fierce in the middle of the pack, up front its even tougher!
I was fortunate enough to be close enough to capitalize! I have to take them where can get them ! :)
 
Hi guys,

A number of you have asked me what 512 tune I've been using, and because it's been 8 months since I ran this car last here, I was sure it was the same Miami Vice tune GTP_JvM came up with for that event, but I checked against my settings and it's actually not that tune at all. So here is the updated tune, and I believe this must be from Timo (GTP_Timppaq) as that's the only other person whose tune I tried during MV vs TF and also WRS 53:

Ferrari 512 BB - Suzuka 550PP

Power: -20
Weight: 86
Tyres: S3/S3

Ride Height: -29 / -25
Spring Rate: 7 / 8
Dampers: 5 / 7
Toe: +0.06 / -0.17
Camber: 2.1 / 1.9
Brakes: 4 / 4

Turning Angle: 44
TC: Off
ABS: 2

Transmission
1st: 2.969
2nd: 2.032
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.222
5th: 1.027
Final: 3.620


I've also attached a replay of my lap (2'15.992) for mr_VOLCANO as he PMed me saying he couldn't get it from GTDB . My heart-rate reached uncontrollable levels in Casio after seeing the T2 split, so it's possible with this tune to grab another tenth at the line. I hope you can access it from here, Richard 👍

All the best
Maz
 

Attachments

Good grief Maz... I just say your newest lap at GTDB => :bowdown:

Tse-tse, talk about simulatanious posting!
Didn't want to ask you publicly for the setup, thanks for sharing! Your pace is just incredible!

Good there's other "normal" people participating I can have close races with :)

Looking forward to some action later, testing your setup now 👍


Oh and by the way all: Jordan was so kind to change my name to plainly "Ren". I've also got a new PSN Id "GTP_Ren". Sadly I think there is no option to transfer the PS3 friends-list, so I am sitting lonely without any buddies :(. Please send me invites if you get a chance, otherwise it will take me a looooog time to find you all again. Cheers guys! :cheers:
 
Last edited:
Ren
Sadly I think there is no option to transfer the PS3 friends-list, so I am sitting lonely without any buddies :(. Please send me invites if you get a chance, otherwise it will take me looooog time to find you all again. Cheers guys! :cheers:

nelson-haha.gif


You can send me one or I will send you one when I go online.

Thanks for sharing your tune Maz. It's helped me get down to a 16.568 PB. Still some time off your blistering 15.9 👍
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the replay and setup Maz! 👍 Will defently try it tonight. :)
 
Attention please!

The time slot has changed to 23 and 53 as we are colliding (not literally) with a Japan based RX-7 event!

See you at 23!
 
Back