520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
Doh. I thought I had some time to knock off a few more tenths. I guess event time periods are eastern New York time. Oh well I am happy with 1:33.439(194th) given the small windows of time I get with this. Need to do some races for a change of pace and then on to the next time trial. Thanks again for all the tips!

Finished now here in Darwin NT, just couldn't sneak below 1:33, stuck on 1:33.046 for pos #137. Still, I'm sure it's my best result so far.

Congratulations to Nowcontrol for breaching the 1:33 barrier.
By the look of your blue line you were lucky to stay on the track for those last couple of right handers but I was never quite able to take advantage of it. Great race mate.

Finished now here in Darwin NT, just couldn't sneak below 1:33, stuck on 1:33.046 for pos #137. Still, I'm sure it's my best result so far.

By the look of your blue line you were lucky to stay on the track for those last couple of right handers but I was never quite able to take advantage of it. Great race mate.
Very good time.:cheers:

:cheers: Yes, It got quite messy with a few slips on those fast rights at the back :embarrassed: but I saved the lap by nailing the last two turns better than I ever had before. :sly:

I was able to pull a small lead on my ghost from that spot many a time after but could not hold down ghost matching precision on the last two turns and my ghost would gently sneak back past me.
Pretty sure I could grab a few more tenths but it's done now. :D

Well done to everyone who took part in this seasonal, so many stunning lap times, not just from the aliens but, everyone who managed to keep improving over the last two weeks, this is how we learn and I'm sure there are more than a few of us who have developed as drivers just through this seasonal and the competition born from everyone here.

The new batch of TTs are out and while they don't inspire right out the box, it's on to the next one so, who's up for the challenge?

@Growling, @Stotty, @Saidur_Ali and @SW__10, Great laps guys, had no answer for you in the end, just stunning. 👍:bowdown:

Thanks to @Evo19uk and @praiano63 for the setups which I used on this TT 👍. Only really got into TT in last day, never got a decent lap together which is a shame but could have been worse. I think the only corner I remember I did well was the last corner on my fastest lap, if only I did it as well on some other attempts, would have been a good chance of a 30.8 or 30.9 time so feel like a good chance of taking fastest clean lap being missed. It would have been hard to beat Bruno's cheating lap although I know if I drove close to my best corners, I did have the potential too.

Positives are I had good pace with the T300 GTE and T500RS pedals which was my biggest fear in switching to a different wheel and most likely for the long term. The most annoying thing with the pedals was small inputs were hard to achieve due to the deadzone compared to the G27 pedals which made me sometimes not even brake and cost me some laps especially in the last three corners. The wheel FFB stays consistent unlike the G27 and also the material of the wheel rim is much better as it doesn't damage skin as much so if you value your hands, it is well worth upgrading :lol:.

Hopefully they do delete any cheating times but they only did it for first position last time on a previous TT but left a few others which is a shame as PD are letting cheating prosper for now.

It is good to see people improving and well done to all 👍. Hopefully on my coming birthday, I get wiser and faster ;).

@Saidur_Ali : T300 noise....... I mostly wear headphones while I'm driving :lol:......
.....But, when I have driven without headphones. The fan kicks in after a short while, but other than that it's very quiet.

I hope you get the pedals sorted 👍. Mine are put away as spare. In case of emergencies :lol:.

:cheers:
It is quiet regarding FFB but the fans are really noisy. Seems to defeat the point of them trying to make it quiet and also the paddle shifters are quite loud. Did try Driveclub with it and it seemed to break something in wheel mechanism as it froze any input and put car on reverse. After restarting, it made some noise going to the left of wheel and calibrating it a couple of times, it managed to make it more in the middle and less of it so it wasn't as bad. Hopefully replacement is better.

Thanks, will be good to have a good spare. I ended up with 5 and 10 for steering settings.

You all actually know @RacingLine was the real winner of this TT right? @Saidur_Ali 2nd, @SW__10 3rd, TRL_Mixi125 4th, CRT_Apex 5th, @Ronin_GTDave 6th, Aughablo 7th, @01Michael 8th.

We're the only ones in the top 22 that didn't use AS. :P

Just saying :lol:

(Disclaimer: The above, although true, was said in jest and good humor, please don't take it as an insult or lack of respect for the times which have been achieved :nervous:)

Kind of happy this TT has finally ended...The last days tries still saw no improvement of my 1.34.535 personal record. So ended as no 482st... I`m happy with the ranking, it`s my second best in history. Just not satisfied i couldn`t improve my time any further... You alien guys must be 🤬 alien....:mad: :lol:

Now there`s a new set of TTs...No problem golding that Bathurst, but certainly not going to put to much time in it...

Kind of happy this TT has finally ended...The last days tries still saw no improvement of my 1.34.535 personal record. So ended as no 482st... I`m happy with the ranking, it`s my second best in history. Just not satisfied i couldn`t improve my time any further... You alien guys must be 🤬 alien....:mad: :lol:

Now there`s a new set of TTs...No problem golding that Bathurst, but certainly not going to put to much time in it...

I'm with you on this one, I didn't manage to improve on my best from last week so, pleased this is one is over. For the record, your best time would have put you 4th on my friends list, would have been second if it hadn't been for @Stotty and CRT_Apex adding me recently, to put that in perspective, my friends list is full of some of the best GT drivers I've ever met, guys who used to race against the likes of @GTPGhost and @Tidgney several days a week, so, guys with talent. You may not be with the aliens but it's still a very very good time you set. 👍

Thanks for Your kind words 👍...Just read Your post right now....PD banned Bruno and his friend, so everyone else has hopped 2 places up on list....No 480st here then, instead of 482st :lol:

Back