520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
Still with SW__10 's tune and another small improvement, 1:33.326 for #161.

But wait, there's more, 1:33.249 for #152.

WOW! In front of Nowcontrol with 1:33.046 for #130. Good grief!

Gotta say, once you get the hang of these wheels they're the goods alright. And I reckon much of it is down to the amount of throttle control you can achieve, something which was sadly lacking with the buttons on the DSC.

Ha ha, didn't think I'd stay on top of my leaderboard for long and sure enough Nowcontrol is back on top with me now 300th's of a sec behind him.

Last edited:
Wasn't going to post because my time is rubbish compared to the top people , but I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself at the moment :D

I had given up hope of setting a sub 1:33 but I put a couple of hours in after work today and I did it :crazy:

1:32.725 , wow for me that is fantastic :cool:
I have been using @SW__10 tune for a few days now and was stuck on 1:33.125.

Today I changed it slightly to compensate for my lack of ability and BAM I did it a victory for the average Joe's :lol:

I am just using a DFGT and AT and I can only brake and accelerate using one foot :embarrassed:

here are my changes ( Maybe Dalone and Nowcontrol can break the 1:33 mark) 👍
Rx7 GT300 base model
ARB = 7/7
Rear camber = 0.5
Toe angle = -.20/ .15
LSD - 5/5/15
Brakes = 6/6

Thanks to @SW__10 and @praiano63 for all your help and @lisanorm for the initial tune on the Subaru :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This is my absolute limit given my lack of ability :( But now off for my evening walk full of beans and a big smile on my face :D:D
:cheers:

Wasn't going to post because my time is rubbish compared to the top people , but I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself at the moment :D

I know there's been a lot of posts and competition from a group of us lapping in the 31's, but there's no need to think/feel like that... We all have different abilities, and however fast, there's always someone faster!!

What's important is that YOU reach your target (or exceed it) and feel good about it :)

A 32.7 must be top 100 in the World (or VERY close) on this one?

Gotta say, once you get the hang of these wheels they're the goods alright. And I reckon much of it is down to the amount of throttle control you can achieve, something which was sadly lacking with the buttons on the DSC.

Ha ha, didn't think I'd stay on top of my leaderboard for long and sure enough Nowcontrol is back on top with me now 300th's of a sec behind him.

Heheh, now repeat with me " why in the HELL I didn't start using my wheel earlier" :Dhahaha, naah, great to see it's working so good for you :cheers:

What's important is that YOU reach your target (or exceed it) and feel good about it :)
Heh, this really is important, as I started to do these TT's about year a go this was my only goal and motivator, now I realize that I'm staring too much for other people times, I mean it's good to have some sort of "reference points" but instead of trying to make sure I get as high of a rank as possible, I should just think about makin as good time as I can... Hmm, perhaps they are the same thing, but thinking what other people are doing isn't gonna make me go any faster is it now, I think it's quite the oppisite :dopey: Hehehe, but yeah, this said I'm not even near pleased with my current record here, but then again I haven't done the usual 3k mileage either :D

Great times guys, especially @SW__10 really impressive :cheers: :bowdown:

Personally, I enjoy the competition element up to a point, especially now there is a pretty decent group of us on here all of a very similar speed... makes for a good competition and a bit of friendly banter. But I'm not going to kill myself to make 1 or 2 ranking places... it's not THAT important.

Having a group on your friends list that are around you're ability (including some who are a level above you) gives you a feel for where you are vs where you normally would expect to be and also allows you to see the key areas you're losing/gaining time vs their ghost lines.

Having a few at the next level also gives you something to aim for, but no point in loading your friends list with super aliens if you're 2-3s off their pace as their ghost line will have disappeared within a couple of corner.

C,mon you can do it ! get that 1:32xxx 👍

Edit @Stotty well maybe me saying my time was rubbish was a bit off the mark :lol::lol:
# 108 in the world and #4 in OZ I am extremely happy with that yeeha :D And managed to keep up with @SW_10 for nearly half the lap :) ( I was chasing his ghost )

Last edited:
C,mon you can do it ! get that 1:32xxx 👍

Edit @Stotty well maybe me saying my time was rubbish was a bit off the mark :lol::lol:
# 108 in the world I am extremely happy with that yeeha :D And managed to keep up with @SW_10 for nearly half the lap :)

There you go 👍

If you can keep up with SW_10 for the 1st half of the lap I think you have the potential to go a good bit faster. The 3 fast right handers after the back straight are key to a really fast lap and need a slightly different approach to normal...

The 1st one has more grip on the outside - so brake late, change down to 5th, then turn in late and coast the 1st half and - feels like you're almost running round the outside of the bend (don't go more than half way across the track).

The 2nd and 3rd ones you need to cut the apex as much as you can. Best to brake slightly early (and gently/softly) to get the car settled, change down to 4th, THEN turn in smoothly. Stay off the power and change up to 5th as you cross the kerbing. If you get the corner right up to this point you can then use full gas on the exit once you're off the kerb... as you get the feel more you can actually use quite a bit of throttle on the kerbing, but you need to have a perfect line and minimal lock on to do this.

What's your best TT rank? Maybe you can beat it :)

There you go 👍

If you can keep up with SW_10 for the 1st half of the lap I think you have the potential to go a good bit faster. The 3 fast right handers after the back straight are key to a really fast lap and need a slightly different approach to normal...

The 1st one has more grip on the outside - so brake late, change down to 5th, then turn in late and coast the 1st half and - feels like you're almost running round the outside of the bend (don't go more than half way across the track).

The 2nd and 3rd ones you need to cut the apex as much as you can. Best to brake slightly early (and gently/softly) to get the car settled, change down to 4th, THEN turn in smoothly. Stay off the power and change up to 5th as you cross the kerbing. If you get the corner right up to this point you can then use full gas on the exit once you're off the kerb... as you get the feel more you can actually use quite a bit of throttle on the kerbing, but you need to have a perfect line and minimal lock on to do this.

What's your best TT rank? Maybe you can beat it :)
Yeah thats where I lost most of my time, On my fastest lap I was actually slightly in front of SW_10 for the first 2 x turns then he was just a nose in front on the third turn and I started losing him after that. I am losing so much time on those right handers especially the last two. Sadly I just can't seem to make the MT work for me I am always in the wrong gear :eek:

My best TT finish was #99 back at Eiger with the Honda Prelude , and have been consistantly in top #250 or so since then, won't happen here though off to bed now and this one will be finished when I get home from work tomorrow. :)

Been away from this for a few days -came back in here to find some new setups and made a huge improvement with this hybrid curtesy of @Evo19uk , @SW__10 and a bit of @Stotty +own toe. I have a 1:31.581 Making me shared 15'th overall and first with Controller:D (not counting the double-brazilian). Considering i made that time with a Body Rigidity on yellow -and i've since then been up by +.150 at T2, perhaps i've hit a good setup-combi., cause i shouldn't be up here really...

No rigidity improvement, No oil change.
Max downforce
Low Turbo
LSD: 5 10 5
SW__10 Trans
Suspension:
55 45
13,10 12,13
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0,00 0,03
BB: 3 7

My condolences to my friend @hall90 for your loss; Life hasn't been good on you lately. I wish you all the best looking forward.

Yeah thats where I lost most of my time, On my fastest lap I was actually slightly in front of SW_10 for the first 2 x turns then he was just a nose in front on the third turn and I started losing him after that. I am losing so much time on those right handers especially the last two. Sadly I just can't seem to make the MT work for me I am always in the wrong gear :eek:

My best TT finish was #99 back at Eiger with the Honda Prelude , and have been consistantly in top #250 or so since then, won't happen here though off to bed now and this one will be finished when I get home from work tomorrow. :)

MT helps in a few places on this one - it allows you to force a down change to get better turn-in.

Discovered a new consistency today (I'm famed on my home forum for my lack of consistency), I managed to do 24 laps straight in this seasonal and got the lap timer to go red every time! 👍

:banghead:

How are you red lapping? On the fast rights? I had a number of those yesterday :mad:

Been away from this for a few days -came back in here to find some new setups and made a huge improvement with this hybrid curtesy of @Evo19uk , @SW__10 and a bit of @Stotty +own toe. I have a 1:31.581 Making me shared 15'th overall and first with Controller:D (not counting the double-brazilian). Considering i made that time with a Body Rigidity on yellow -and i've since then been up by +.150 at T2, perhaps i've hit a good setup-combi., cause i shouldn't be up here really...

No rigidity improvement, No oil change.
Max downforce
Low Turbo
LSD: 5 10 5
SW__10 Trans
Suspension:
55 45
13,10 12,13
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0,00 0,03
BB: 3 7

My condolences to my friend @hall90 for your loss; Life hasn't been good on you lately. I wish you all the best looking forward.

That's a great time with a DS3... going to have to add you to the list of super fast DS3 users!

@Stotty Just pushing too hard mate, pretty much managed to go wide or cut every corner in an effort to get on the throttle earlier than you, don't know how you do it.
We're separated by 0.05x, when I set my fastest lap I was certain I could go faster and in the last third of the lap, I'm much better then I was last week but now, I can't even get close to that time.
I've got a championship race night tonight so I won't be able to try again so, congratulations @Stotty, hell of a time you've set, you top my friends list. Next one is mine though:cheers:

Used my Cusco Subaru 03 (508 PP) with racing wets. Funny that the sun is out and the track is 70% wet. Didn't realize this at first and had racing soft tires on. Ran 1:41.175 good enough for gold.
So I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with the car on this track last night. If only I read everything on the screen. FML!

@Stotty Just pushing too hard mate, pretty much managed to go wide or cut every corner in an effort to get on the throttle earlier than you, don't know how you do it.
We're separated by 0.05x, when I set my fastest lap I was certain I could go faster and in the last third of the lap, I'm much better then I was last week but now, I can't even get close to that time.
I've got a championship race night tonight so I won't be able to try again so, congratulations @Stotty, hell of a time you've set, you top my friends list. Next one is mine though:cheers:

Thanks Dave :)

I do know what you mean about pushing too hard... as usual, I got faster when I took a little less entry speed and concentrated on exit speed... a fraction less mid corner speed = a fraction less steering angle = a fraction more exit speed.

I was much faster on the back half of the track at the weekend... unfortunately, when I got fast on the front half I couldn't repeat my back half :lol::banghead:

Looking forward to seeing what new TT's we get on Thursday :)

I just can't see the next TTs being anywhere near as good as this one, this one was "a hoot" and I've finally learn't Brands Hatch GP 👍

Can't see myself competing for top honors in the next one either, never been this high in the standings before, must have been a fluke! :P

You don't 'fluke' a 1'31.5 :lol:

You don't 'fluke' a 1'31.5 :lol:

Best I've managed this week is a 1:31.7xx and that was today, feels like a fluke to me lol, most laps average 32.5s. I count myself very lucky to be mixing it with some of the best drivers in the GT world for this seasonal but won't class myself in the same league as you lot unless I can repeat this in other seasonals on a regular basis, I'm actually praying you (@Stotty) don't join any of the open lobbies I'm in and see what I'm like when I don't drive 2,500 miles and go through 3 cars first lol, although, you are welcome, as are any of the drivers here (so long as you at least try to be clean).

Long time lurker, first time poster. First of all, thanks to all the contributors which make this forum awesome. I want to particularly thanks @praiano63 for the suspension set-up and @sw_10 for the gearing. I have managed to get down to 1:33.28x for 159th overall which is my new personnal best. Not so bad, for a ds3 user ( directional buttons ).
I will give it another go and see if I can shave another tenth.

Thanks guys!! I had good sectors throughout the week, but I managed to put them together today.. Did a few 31.4's, 2 31.3's, then finally got the 31.2 (Although that lap has a 18.7 first sector Telling me I probably could have done a 31.0 :()

So over the moon to get that first top 10 (hopefully people don't blast past me in a few hours)

Thanks for the all help guys:cheers:

Thanks guys!! I had good sectors throughout the week, but I managed to put them together today.. Did a few 31.4's, 2 31.3's, then finally got the 31.2 (Although that lap has a 18.7 first sector Telling me I probably could have done a 31.0 :()

So over the moon to get that first top 10 (hopefully people don't blast past me in a few hours)

Thanks for the all help guys:cheers:

Your time would be pretty much every corner perfect for me... I can do 18.4 at T1, so you're back half must be amazing!

Well done :cheers:

I've joined the sub 33 club now and am on 1:32.848 #120 :D I'm gonna have a few more short sessions now before it ends in the hope of a top 100 spot, it's been fun but i'll be glad to see the back of this one now because the game freezing has been annoying me once again and i'm betting it's something to do with the 70% wet, and it forces me to reset the console after only 10-15 mins on the track, it mostly happens on the exit of turn 2 where all the blue lines are bunched up quite tightly too. I'm fed up with losing all of the mileage each time.

I'm sure it has to be down to the weather conditions [tyre spray] here because it has not happened at all on the other TT/DT. :indiff:

Happy b-day @Growling and congrats on your top ten spot, I've watched your replay and it is indeed a superb lap. 👍

Last edited:
Back