2/3
4/4
0.0/0.0
0.03/0.08

brake: 5/4
low turbo
max downforce
lsd: 5/10/5

did 30.965 with that one but i feel like something wrong , car could be have more grip and i don t know what do do .. 30.8xx is possible with a good set up ( for me )

Only a few tries in the RX7 Base Model '06 using @SW__10 tune today and my time is 1:35.547 and there is still room for improvement, but it is hard to concentrate because my Dad he was 81 years old pass away a few weeks ago. I am trying my best to spend more time at these Time Trials but I just can not but I will try my best.

Big thanks to @SW__10 again. With your adjustments finally broke into the 33's with a 1:33,986 (with DS3, ABS1).
Although I preferred the High Turbo myself.

Hope this is enough to keep @lisanorm behind me, but probably not.....;)

well done :bowdown:,i have tried every thing but can't get the soobi sub 34,will try the rex again if i get time and get used to it :lol: just don't get long enough for a good session :irked:,good times all,well the LEGIT ones anyway 👍

if some one is interested by my set up so far :

Suspension:
52/45
15.90/18.84
3/2
2/3
4/4
0.0/0.0
0.03/0.08

brake: 5/4
low turbo
max downforce
lsd: 5/10/5

did 30.965 with that one but i feel like something wrong , car could be have more grip and i don t know what do do .. 30.8xx is possible with a good set up ( for me )
Ill have a run with it later when im home. My new wheels turned up early too :D

Sorry to hear that @hall90
Stay strong mate

Hi Guys,
At the risk of looking really stupid, I'm gonna throw this out to the cognoscenti here. Earlier on when this TT first came out, I tried it with the Amemiya Asparadrink car and got my best time by using heavy wet tires on the front and Intermediates on the rear. My thinking was that the heavy wets, in the lead, would clear the water somewhat, allowing the rears to run in intermediate conditions for better acceleration. This seemed to work, somewhat, with a Praiano tune, and gave me another second. OK, be gentle now, but tell me this is a silly possible suggestion?!?!

I did not change the tune like you guys do, and I want to thank you for sharing your expertise with the masses. A question; would your tunes work on the Aparadrink car, or is that a different animal than your RX-7 base car? I would like to try your tunes and will buy the same car if need be.

Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
At the risk of looking really stupid, I'm gonna throw this out to the cognoscenti here. Earlier on when this TT first came out, I tried it with the Amemiya Asparadrink car and got my best time by using heavy wet tires on the front and Intermediates on the rear. My thinking was that the heavy wets, in the lead, would clear the water somewhat, allowing the rears to run in intermediate conditions for better acceleration. This seemed to work, somewhat, with a Praiano tune, and gave me another second. OK, be gentle now, but tell me this is a silly possible suggestion?!?!

I did not change the tune like you guys do, and I want to thank you for sharing your expertise with the masses. A question; would your tunes work on the Aparadrink car, or is that a different animal than your RX-7 base car? I would like to try your tunes and will buy the same car if need be.

Cheers, Pete

It's a sound theory as long as the width of the car is the same front and rear and, as long as your driving in a straight line, the theory ends when you turn a corner as the rear end doesn't track the same line as the front, the rear will always take a tighter line unless, your sliding the back end, in which case, it's probably going wider or you'll lose grip and slow down anyway.

May try it anyway though, I'll take anything at this point. lol.

Modest improvement today to 31.805 but it was more a negative session. Being ahead of @SW__10 with 2 corners to go is telling me I'm losing half a second in 2 corners :eek::banghead:

Does anyone have any do's or don'ts for me? I tend to stick to 5th for the last corner, and often stay in 4th for the second last. It seems most drop down another gear, but I can't keep the same pace that way :confused:

Maybe I should try a little front toe for initial turn in?

@Growling .....Could be you are going into the corners too hot?.....
....having to wait to get the power back down, rather than powering through.

Try braking a bit earlier on both corners. And, if you are using my trans, try dropping to the lower gear.

Don't forget to watch the replays to try and spot the lift off, braking and turn in points 👍.

It's quite difficult to help someone going as fast as you :lol:....you won't be doing too much wrong ;)...👍.

Last tip: Chill out! :dopey:.......and don't load your PB ghost up at the start of a session. Build a new session ghost.
It could stop you repeating old mistakes 👍.

Good luck mate!

:cheers:

Thanks @SW__10 mate, but it seems midnight yielded a birthday present of 1:31.554.

I think the problem was I was using praianos gears with your tune.. I put yours on and bam.

Unfortunately I've been .143 up on that lap so I can't stop just yet ;)

Appreciate the tips, your gears are better suited to the extra downshifts :cheers:

Also.. Worst birthday present ever:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Happy birthday @Growling, nice gift car :lol: (mine was even worse, got a Mitsubishi Mirage 1400 GLX '78)

Had a very, very, very small improvement from 1:33.986 to a 1:33.949.
Hope to have time for another session, must be able to go a bit faster.

Had another crack at it using only SW__10 's tune and had another small improvement to 1:33.415 for pos# 169.

Not withstanding that it appears a number of good players are missing on this one, this is about my best ever result in a time trial.

Last edited:
@Growling great time mate, all far too close in the top 15/20 or so. Happy Birthday.

@SW__10 don't think I'm going to be able to match your time, can't even repeat my own at the moment. Had good go at it yesterday but after an hour or so I realised I was driving angry, still full of cold and man-flu, lines were all wrong and no finesse lol. Well deserved top Brit and great help and advice to boot. 👍

@Stotty, You don't need to go any faster, I've been getting slower since accepting your FR, already sick of following your driving line for hours on end, you and CRT_Apex..., your previous T2 and last third of the lap was mighty though!

Had another go at this event to try and shave off some more time from my previous runs.

Took a quick peek at @SW__10 's tune and used it as a base, then used some elements of @praiano63 's tune and some tinkering of my own.

I stuck with the power setting from SW__10's tune, Praiano's suspension, gearing and lsd. I did however change the stabilisers to 4/5 instead of 4/7.

This resulted in a 1:33.970 (my previous time: 1:34.563) which isn't fast in comparison with the aliens that post mind blowing times, but i'm still happy with what i was able to do.

Thanks for sharing your tunes.

@Stotty Thought I told you, you didn't need to go any faster? Lol. Well done mate, so close to the top ten now. 👍

Yeah, err, sorry :D

1'31.480 for 12th (would be 10th but for the cheater).

Got in a groove on the 1st half of the track (well ahead of anyone on my friends list going down the back straight) and improved to a .591 with 2 fairly major mistakes on the back half. Then finally managed to match a 1st half to a semi decent 2nd half... still 0.2 left, but unlikely I'll get the time to chase that.

Using @SW__10 tune with a bit more negative rake, 5 10 5 LSD and 3,8 brakes... respect to SW for setting his time with no AS 👍

Brands is such a fantastic track, great mix of technical corners and big commitment corners (ie; 'turn in and hope').

Back