550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

01-jpg.266956

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 04/12/2014 – 25/12/2014 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 04/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 550 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car
Drivetrain: FR / FF / MR / RR
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 90,000
Silver: Cr. 59,000
Bronze: Cr. 27,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT POLARIZED 003-P paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:42.000
Silver: 1:45.000
Bronze: 1:51.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Red Bull Ring
Track Length: 2.68 miles / 4313 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 by RobertM525

Ford GT '05 by Otaliema

McLaren MP4-12C '10 by shaunm80

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by nExx [Tune at end of video]

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by GTP_CargoRatt

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by Stotty

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
I didn't want to make a thread until I knew for sure. Is A Red Bull Ring now Time Change?

No need to worry about making the threads for these events mate, @nowcontrol is "now-'n-control" of preparing these threads. :)

Looks like yet another GSX-R TT. :rolleyes: At least I didn't have to worry about going through the process of creating a tune as the one I already have on the car works just fine for me, just adjusted the transmission and softened up the dampers for better control over the curbs. Also adjusted the ballast.

Last edited:
This is another "I can't believe it" GOLD! First I have to thank @shaunm80 👍👍👍👍👍 for the tune on the Shelby Series One. Didn't touch a thing. Had 2 red laps and golded on the 3rd lap. Next a big thanks to @GTP_CargoRatt 👍👍 for the ghost line. I stayed with you until the 1st gear turn. Since I'm running auto tranny 2nd was my only choice. Never been on this track until tonight. I'm not a TT person so I'll let my 1:40 stand as is.

Last edited:
Cobra 427 routine gold, M4 a couple seconds faster. Some others within 2/10ths of my time: California '08, GSX -R4, LFA N'Ring '12, Countach LP400. So PP formula alive and well here.

I have a lot of experience at this track testing racing cars for my own personal amusement. So I expected I'd get this figured out eventually.

I took my 430 Scuderia and my 550 PP tune I'd come up with at some point and decided to take a crack at it. Got a 1:41.016 on my first lap! Good enough for gold on my first try?! :eek:

I knew I could do better, though, so I went at it again (after letting my 5 year old mess around with it and helping her drive through two laps). Got a 1:38.641!

So I'm forced to conclude that this time trial is set up way easy, my 430 Scuderia is set up better than I thought, or all my practice here has paid off for me. Maybe some combination of all of them.

For what it's worth (and it probably ain't much), here's the tune I used of the car. I don't know where I got it from—maybe I got it from someone else or maybe it comes from when I tried my hand at tuning this car. Either way, it should be good for someone else to gold this, if anyone actually has trouble with it:

Suspension:
90 / 90
9.00 / 12.71
3 / 3
3 / 3
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
-0.10 / 0.10

Racing Brakes: 5/5

Transmission (which is far from ideal on this track, but it seemed fine):
Initial top speed: 137 (no idea what FG I used with that—probably max)
3.997 / 2.845 / 2.146 / 1.692 / 1.393 / 1.199.
FG: 3.000

LSD: 8 / 8 / 20
TPC

Power: No parts. Limiter: 96.8

I have Spoiler #1 (the color-matched wing-spoiler)
Downforce: 150 (unchangable) / 215

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast: 141 kg, position: -50

I'm sure there are much better tunes for this car out there for 550 PP, but this one worked pretty well for me. It's pretty easy to drive.

I used @praiano63 Miura 550 tune, which doesn't work well with SH tires, but using clutch and H-shifter in cockpit view, I still golded my first lap--but not by much. I'll try another car later.

I got 1:35:5xx with the GSX-R. Later I'm gonna try to down it to 1:34, but I think it won't be easy :lol:

I also tried the 430 Scuderia and got 1:38:xxx.

I used the Xbow street for a 1'37 range time.
550pp
Low pressure turbo
Racing exhaust
racing suspension at stock settings
racing trans 5.1 Final @250kmh stock gear ratios; tops out at about 214kmh
LSD 37/52/5
DS3

I'm still 5 seconds slower

I used the Xbow street for a 1'37 range time.
550pp
Low pressure turbo
Racing exhaust
racing suspension at stock settings
racing trans 5.1 Final @250kmh stock gear ratios; tops out at about 214kmh
LSD 37/52/5
DS3

I'm still 5 seconds slower
Put the LSD at 10/14/14 and see if that is any faster. I'm guessing it is over a second faster. And that isn't optimized...just a good starting point.

Nice to see a variety of cars setting top 100 times.

I think 550pp is the point where the GSXR starts to lose it's total dominance.

NSX proto and MP4-12C are in the top 10 at the moment and I can see a GT40 '66, NSX type R '02 and a Muira to go with my Nardo in the top 30.

Looks like it could be the NSX Prototype bossing this one.

Good luck all :cheers:

Yeah, much better! I am really happy to see you back, to see the warrior back. I am also glad to see you in the top spots, again in the battle. Keep fighting! :cheers:

Thank you, thank you very much. 👍 You know, I really do appreciate the kind and encouraging words from you and the rest of my fellow competitors. I just have to work on being more positive, I admit that. Its not easy considering what I have been through, but I am trying. Furthermore, I just have to realize that I am always going to have detractors in my life, both in real life and in the virtual world....I just have to learn how to deal with those such people and not take what they say in such a negative and personal way. Its all a work in progress for me, but I am trying. Am I going to have slip ups? Yes, I am, I'm not perfect. All I can do when that happens is apologize and move on. Thanks again my friend, appreciate the support. :cheers:

Thank you, thank you very much. 👍 You know, I really do appreciate the kind and encouraging words from you and the rest of my fellow competitors. I just have to work on being more positive, I admit that. Its not easy considering what I have been through, but I am trying. Furthermore, I just have to realize that I am always going to have detractors in my life, both in real life and in the virtual world....I just have to learn how to deal with those such people and not take what they say in such a negative and personal way. Its all a work in progress for me, but I am trying. Am I going to have slip ups? Yes, I am, I'm not perfect. All I can do when that happens is apologize and move on. Thanks again my friend, appreciate the support. :cheers:

This will be my last off topic post, I promise.

But I want to say this publicly. Life is a struggle, mate. And we have to get through things and eventually people just put more obstacles in our way to make things even worse. It's up to us to stand up again and keep walking. It lead to nowhere to stay crouched on the ground.

If you want to keep talking about this matter, plase feel free to private message me. And, of course, if I can do something else from this side of the pond please, just tell me ;)👍

Well I just grabbed my Ford Gt '05 that was tuned for a FITT event, detuned it to 550 by pulling the power parts and limiting it to 84.6% and adjusted the transmission to
1st 4.930
2nd 2.917
3rd 2.351
4th 1.958
5th 1.646
6th 1.396
Final 2.700
Easy gold, you wont set the world on fire with it but it's a good fun alternative to the Gixx.

Right cmon sw_10... Help me out with this flaming nsx! Cant get the gears sweet 🤬

P.s. Pretty please :lol:

I somehow managed to get into the Top50 again?! 1:34:043 for rank 47. :eek:
And even with an old tune from Eiger Nordwand...

1:39.382 in a stock ft-1. I was driving very smooth because the car have tendency to lose grip on one mistake. At least it is controllable.

Back