550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
GT6 is no real competition?:eek:
What makes you think so? :eek: I know people are doing 6k miles per event and if that ain't serious then what is?

I've been thinking of writing a simple guide on how to adjust a tune to suit individual driving styles and abilities. There are some great tuners on here, and once you have a good base tune, you only really need to change a few things to fine tune how a car handles... I'll get round to it if there's enough interest.

Great idea!! All the help is always welcome :cheers:

Last edited:
ODB
What makes you think so? :eek: I know people are doing 6k miles per event and if that ain't serious then what is?

Great idea!! All the help is always welcome :cheers:
i m a maniac for GT since day 1,and its a question because a post says they went for asseto corse for a real competition;)

i m a maniac for GT since day 1,and its a question because a post says they went for asseto corse for a real competition;)
Aaah, ok, was really odd question :lol: I mean hell, looking at top times there's no question about being serious or not :lol: What the hell is asseto corse anyway "BOOOO" :lol: (Edit: actually asseto corsa seems quide good, now that I took a look :lol:)

But yeah, I guess this is just as serious as you make it, and I can see great possibility to get really serious :cheers:

Last edited:
@Stotty I think a Fine Tuning Guide would be absolutely fantastic! I'm a fairly bright guy...I mean, I usually leave the house with the same colored socks on my feet and my shoes on their correct foot, but for the life of me I still can't fully understand the LSD settings, or should I say, I can't understand tweaking them to suit my particular driving style. I won't pretend that I am necessarily competent with setting up the base tune either, but that comes down mostly to laziness and the fact that I know I have many, many skilled tuners who provide tunes for free here at GTPlanet.

I'm sure if you were able to put together a guide for the Intermediate User, it would be a tremendous help. I know it would greatly help me and my understanding of the finer points of tuning the cars... :cheers:

GT6 is no real competition?:eek:

I think that comment was made in reference to AC being much more of a sim than GT6. In other words, competition meaning more of a challenge in regards to the game itself (physics) than opposed to competition against individual people here in GT6. I myself can't speak for AC as I have not played it yet, I'm just guessing that, that is what was meant by that comment. @Mike-ZENKAI please correct me if I am wrong. :cheers:

Finally a little improvement for me, just managed a 1:33,518

I am still looking for some fellow DS3 users who would like to compare times. If you are interested please send me a FR.
Had a nice full "friend leader board" but many of them jumped ship to ASSETTO CORSA so they are gone for some real competition.

@Mundus & @GTP_CargoRatt and anyone interested.

I wrote it a bit weird but what I meant was that I had a challenging "friend leader board" but many of them went to the dark side of AC (;)) and are not putting a real effort in GT6 anymore. So I am higher on the leader board but not because I am suddenly faster.
That's why I am looking for same level players on DS3 to have a competitive "friend leader board".
I really don't have an opinion on AC because I never played it. And I never will because I will stay at GT (since GT2) even if there is a lot to complain about......:boggled:

Looking forward to the new seasonal's :cheers:

@Mundus & @GTP_CargoRatt and anyone interested.

I wrote it a bit weird but what I meant was that I had a challenging "friend leader board" but many of them went to the dark side of AC (;)) and are not putting a real effort in GT6 anymore. So I am higher on the leader board but not because I am suddenly faster.
That's why I am looking for same level players on DS3 to have a competitive "friend leader board".
I really don't have an opinion on AC because I never played it. And I never will because I will stay at GT (since GT2) even if there is a lot to complain about......:boggled:

Looking forward to the new seasonal's :cheers:
i play 90% on ds3,looking forward for some trials against you:P

It says you're German!? :lol:

No contradiction there, @Growling. He is just not too comfortable with the thought of having a gang of brits creeping up on him, i think. :lol:

Improved to 1:32.674 today WITH @SW__10's SETUP!! (Yes; this one worked for me and my DS3!) Great setup -and stable too: Was running sub 33's all the time. Thank you SW10!

@Mike-ZENKAI: There are no dutchmen on my FL. Mind if i send you an FR tomorrow?

I decided to use my Infiniti Concept Vision GT for this one. The only adjustments I made were;

Brake Balance: 10-front/10-rear
Power Limiter: 98%
Ballast Weight: 200kg

With this setup, I managed to do a 1:41.915 on the very first lap! :sly:

Last edited:
I all I just ran into this post yesterday, I am new to gtplanet. This is my first post...well I just want to say I am interested on tuning the nsx to the next level. As of now I would reread all the post and see how the tunes has changed. I got some ideas for the tune. Sadly I don't have a ps2 to test tune on gt4 or ps3 to test on gt6...but...I been a tuner for my friend since the first GT was out.

From the early post I see candy cane as spin zone, and down force at max.

Has the car bottomed out?

Thanks guys for this post.
I was google something then I ran into this page.

I just want to make sure the complain I saw was correct. The nsx can not use the candy cane to make a turn?

With down force at max, how were the tires doing? I saw a tune with spring set as "numb" but ride height is set as low to give shapeness to the "numb" spring rate and damper to not over load the tires

please try my following tune to see if it does anything different.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hope is not too late...

I am using Stotty's tune as a guide.

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

Ride height- 77 67 ||reason: keeping balance during brake and for greater downforce pushing the car down at the front.
Spring rate - 7.6 6.8 ||reason: softer rear cures oversteer - weight shift is slower with softer spring rate
Bound 5 4 ||reason: making sure rear slower and less jumpy
Rebound 6 5 ||reason: the front can set to 7 for some people - making sure the front has grip under sudden full throttle
ARB 5 4 ||reason: this is just a understeer set up - again slower rear
Camber 0 0 ||reason: can do 0.3 just for kicks but having SH tires...0 camber for braking grip.
Toe (toe in) 0.2 (toe in) 0.4 ||reason: front toe in to give a touch sharper turn in, rear toe in for a touch of stability going straight.
Brakes 5 5 ||reason: the car is very balanced but due to the SH tires this can set a little lower to fit driving style
Gears can be same as Stotty
but it would be nice to make the gears a little taller then make 5th and 6th shorter so maybe you can hold the gear at the turn.

lower final drive makes it less likely to spin out on the exit. this can change for different driving style.

LSD 9 38 8 the initial tq can go up to 12 if it does funny thing during early turn in. this set up is for "tap tap" style for a steady pedal driving style the acc tq can be lower.

Power Limiter 100%
Stage 3 weight reduction
add weight to match 550pp (yes really add weight)
move ballast to the front at 17~20 if 50 is max reason: less hammer swing spin out shouldn't moved the balance much - putting weight in the right spot can give more grip - another reason why I put the spring rate higher at the front for the added weight to the front. (i can be wrong for making it slower by adding weight) but I truly believe in adding weight to give a "milder" drive. lighter car are more "spicy"

Downforce (front) if 350 is max keep it (rear) if 600 is max then lower to 340 reason: this can be flexible, if oversteer happens try to lower the front downforce before raising the rear. after lowering the front downforce the front ride height can be lower.

downforce is good for fast wide turn. but for this track, mostly tight turn, downforce has limited effect. downforce also slower the top speed.

I am not sure if the downforce lower at the rear vs the front will make it massive over steer
the suspension is leaning on understeer set up.

all computer aid off - maybe ABS at 1 or 2.
TCS throw the balance (weight shift) off during turn - off is a must.

sorry for saying out tunes blindly
if is really bad please let me know.

wish I have a PS3...

I think the dampers at the front can be stronger.
and height can be lower to the point it doesn't bottom out at the candy cane.

please let me know how it goes~

Thanks!

Question: has anyone drove the car with 0 downforce and stock suspension setup?
if so what was the lap time for it?

Another question: is it too late to try to tune "Yellowbird" to get a good lap now?

Thanks~

Last edited:
I ran this event a few days ago and was getting angrier with every lap. Wasn't improving at all. After spending some time reading the comments and remaining calm, I have improved my lap times by over 5 seconds. Just want to thank everyone here who post their tunes and advice. It has made this event more fun and have learned to change my bad driving habits. I'm down to 134.666. I'm using the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car with SW_10's tune. Adjusted LSD to 15 10 5 to help with the oversteer for me. Pedal down racers.

@Andreuu

Trying to tune for GT6 never having played the game and using knowledge based on real life and previous versions of the game is simply not going to work for a number of reasons; There are too many inconsistencies in the way cars behave in GT6 vs real life, and GT6 physics are very different to GT4 or GT5.

I could deconstruct your tune, but there's little point if you don't have the game.

Well thanks anyway... I just wondering how it would drive with the tune then adjust from there.

True I don't have the game so it makes it pointless in a way.

And not be able to watch a replay will only makes it harder to tune.

Anyways if someone does try my tune, if it does under steer; ARB can be 4 4.

Most tunes i saw are leaning on oversteer setup. Just wondering how it would drive with an under steer or oversteer cure setup.

I just wonder how it drives.

Thanks

Latest Posts

Back