550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
yes you can!!

Don't break your head over it.

@Jfrod how i did @Stotty 's tune
In the game i started from below.(i bought a new one, because my other 2 had oilchange)
-Fase 3 weight reduction and downforce both at max (350/600)
-Power: Limit to 93.4% and yes you have 550pp and 485HP (not BHP!!)
-Diff at 10/15/5 and i did the triple clutch ( if i don't need it, i will see in the race)
-Gearbox:
reset settings.
Set max speed to 200KMH/124MPH (NO INITIAL FINAL GEAR!!!!!!!!)
1st gear i have minimal 4.917, can't match the 4.916, does not matter, is close enough.
2nd, match
3rd, match
4th, match
5th, max is 2.157, but i set it to match 2.156
6th, max is 1.830, and agian matched it to 1.829
Final gear to 3.075 and done.Not a 100% match, but does not mean you can't use the settings.
-Suspension and done

Thanks. I try later and I tell you:cheers:

yes you can!!

Don't break your head over it.

@Jfrod how i did @Stotty 's tune
In the game i started from below.(i bought a new one, because my other 2 had oilchange)
-Fase 3 weight reduction and downforce both at max (350/600)
-Power: Limit to 93.4% and yes you have 550pp and 485HP (not BHP!!)
-Diff at 10/15/5 and i did the triple clutch ( if i don't need it, i will see in the race)
-Gearbox:
reset settings.
Set max speed to 200KMH/124MPH (NO INITIAL FINAL GEAR!!!!!!!!)
1st gear i have minimal 4.917, can't match the 4.916, does not matter, is close enough.
2nd, match
3rd, match
4th, match
5th, max is 2.157, but i set it to match 2.156
6th, max is 1.830, and agian matched it to 1.829
Final gear to 3.075 and done.Not a 100% match, but does not mean you can't use the settings.
-Suspension and done

This gear box from @Stotty works but I can not manage the @SW__10 gears box
Max speed 124mph (Min)
1: 6.053......... OK
2: 4.630......... I have max 4.607
3: 3.732......... Max 3.414
4: 3.110....... ...Max 2.655
5: 2.655.......... Max 2.157
6: 2.252 ......... Max 1.830

I dont know what im doing wrong but is not the first time that this happen to me
:cheers:

This gear box from @Stotty works but I can not manage the @SW__10 gears box
Max speed 124mph (Min)
1: 6.053......... OK
2: 4.630......... I have max 4.607
3: 3.732......... Max 3.414
4: 3.110....... ...Max 2.655
5: 2.655.......... Max 2.157
6: 2.252 ......... Max 1.830

I dont know what im doing wrong but is not the first time that this happen to me
Reset gears and start again. It is right there, you just forgot the first action
First set the final gear(3.300) that's what tuners point to Initial Final Gear= Initial FG
then the max speed (124mph/200kmh)
then gear 1 to 6
and then the final gear again. 2.500

Some tuners set speed and then gears.( like stotty did)
Most tuners:
Final gear (mostly 5.000 or 5.5000 or just max)(SW__10 used 3.300)
then speed (mostly minimum possible)
then gears 1 to last
and then again to final gear.

I had those problems also.
But my problem was, i first set the gears and then the power/pp.
Just start in GT6 from below.(weight/downforce then Power then drivetrain)
Once you get to the gears, your weight/PP match and the gears will match 99% of all tunes.
Don't bother the HP or BHP

Last edited:
Reset gears and start again. It is right there, you just forgot the first action
First set the final gear(3.300) that's what tuners point to Initial Final Gear= Initial FG
then the max speed (124mph/200kmh)
then gear 1 to 6
and then the final gear again. 2.500

Most tuners:
then gears 1 to last

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. Now works. Thank you very much. You was kind and with a lot of patience
:cheers::gtpflag:

Straight forward bronze silver gold hotlapping with the NSX R LM Road Going Edition. Not my favourite track not grinding this one for rankings once I got gold.:cheers:

Been using the MT for a while (not that i'm breaking any records ),still getting used to it and missing gear changes :dunce: :confused: :lol: etc etc. but the funny thing was, i had a try with me ol mate AT and crap i could not get it right at all,i was actually slower :boggled: but anyway i got down to a 33.5xx with the new MT...All i gotta do now is learn everything else and i wiil improve a wee bit :lol: and thanx to all who put up tunes,i tried them all 👍

If anyone is interested, this is my tune for the NSX 👍

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car at RBR.

No body rigidity improvement <---Thanks @Stotty 👍

550pp, 478bhp, 1143kg.

85/85
6.21/7.00
2/2
3/3
3/3
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 3/1

Trans

Initial FG: 3.300
Max speed 124mph (Min)
1: 6.053
2: 4.630
3: 3.732
4: 3.110
5: 2.655
6: 2.252
FG: 2.500

LSD: 15/11/5
Triple clutch

Power 93.4%. Everything standard.

Stage 3 weight reduction.

DF 350/600 MAX

Hope it helps 👍

Thanks for your tune. I was 155 position. For me the best. The best until now! :bowdown:👍

First I want to pay my respect to @dddsprayshop for his service toward @Jfrod today -and for being so modest about it!👍👍

Secondly: I'm using DS3, AS Strong, TC 1 and ABS 1. I did a 1:32.819 with @GTP_CargoRatt's tune. I recommend this tune for DS3-users: Easy to get aquianted with and quite competitive (I had a high .6XX in vision). This was done in an NSX that had been used for previous TT's: It had 3500km on it, Rigidity Restored AND Improved -but with standard Oil.
Then wanted to see, what the @Stotty-tune would feel like, so i applied it to that old car. First impression: It was like driving on narrow wheels: Very sharp; pointy but unforgiving: I was +.200 up on my ghost after turn 2 -but naturally i messed it up on the technical latter part, losing a whole second there!!
Then yesterday i bought a new car and applied the tune from Stotty. It could be either one, or a combination of these factors: No Rigidity imp., New car/old car -or Stotty's adjustments to the tune (fx ARB-change) -but either way, the car was suddenly much more controllable in the latter part of the circuit and i was able to do a 1:32.759 within 200 km's! With this car and tune, i see a potential 1:32.500 -and i still got almost two weeks to get....well: bored with it! :)

I have yet to try @SW__10's tune, but they tend to not suit me so well, normally.

Thank you very much to everyone, posting their tunes, anyway! :cheers:

Just tried @Stotty and @SW__10 tunes.
Not my style, for a wheel or DS3 using analog sticks or L2 R2, yes.
For me? It was riding a mechanic bull.:eek:
I'm not driving thru the long corners, i'm drifting.(still wondering how i stayed on the track;))

Changed LSD, had to use Steerhelp (?) and traction from 1 to 2 and was 3seconds faster then my old time.

Great gearbox settings, but Suspension/LSD is killing me in the corners.
But i'm not buff for highest rank or fastest time..so i'm happy, just wanted to try your tunes.👍

My tune was built around a wheel, so probably will be a bit loose for a DS3 :lol:

I'd suggest the following changes...

1. LSD accel to 10
2. LSD decel to 10
3. Then raise rear ride height in 5mm increments until the stability suits you

The LSD changes will make the car more stable on entry and exit, and the ride height will then adjust the speed at which the car wants to turn.

Most tuners:
then gears 1 to last

Ordinarily I'd adjust the final 1st, but really no need with this car on this track as simply lowering the max speed, setting the shortest possible 6th gear then lengthening the final gives a good close set.

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time posting in the forum!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the precious advice, especially Cargo_Ratt for his tune, you people make this game a lot better than it actually is. I'm currently down to 1:34:033, working hard on it to at least get into the 33s (I'm using a DS3, only ABS 1).

Great community! 👍:gtpflag:

My tune was built around a wheel, so probably will be a bit loose for a DS3 :lol:

I'd suggest the following changes...
1. LSD accel to 10
2. LSD decel to 10
3. Then raise rear ride height in 5mm increments until the stability suits you
The LSD changes will make the car more stable on entry and exit, and the ride height will then adjust the speed at which the car wants to turn.

Ordinarily I'd adjust the final 1st, but really no need with this car on this track as simply lowering the max speed, setting the shortest possible 6th gear then lengthening the final gives a good close set.
A bit loose? hahahaha, for my drivestyle that's a understatement.:lol:
I have set the lsd at 8/9/20 and then i got my 3 sec faster (with steeringhelp and traction=2)
But the 3rd suggestion., i have to remember..👍

For that gearbox info i wrote , That was for JFROD, because he forgot initial final gear for SW_10's gearbox.
If i had written "Some tuners set speed and then gears.( like stotty did on this event/car)", it was more clear what i meant.:cheers:
But it is the first tune/setting i used from you.
These last events ( a few months now) i'm entering events with traction=1 and no steerhelp and abs=1
So less assists as possible, but yesterday i got kicked of the track.

I do have a wheel, but i'm recording/uploading my races for people that only have a DS3.
And if i can get gold with D-pad,X,O and handbrake? My subscribers know it is also possible for them to get gold.

These last events ( a few months now) i'm entering events with traction=1 and no steerhelp and abs=1
So less assists as possible, but yesterday i got kicked of the track.

I don't use TC as I am always slower with it, but I use AS if I find it helps... and on this one, it does :)

I don't use TC as I am always slower with it, but I use AS if I find it helps... and on this one, it does :)
I used ASM in GT5, made a wrong setting in GT6 once that i used it again, and switched it off.
Untill these past few months, i always used Traction at 4 or 5, and ABS at 4 or 5
Stopped using steerhelp for about a year now, only used it with :
WSR season event,
Lotus Season event,
Redbull Season event,
LFA at Brandhatch season event,
Rocket season event, i think but not sure.
I'm still learning...............A Lot these last months sinds i registered at :gtpflag:.

Wait, i think i know now what i did wrong, instead of steeringhelp, i should have activated ASM to stop oversteer to a drift.
Hmmmmmmm, gonna try it.

Nope, it made me slower...

Last edited:
Just had a quick go after work and improved to a 1'32.705... but leaderboards seem to be down, so not sure if it will register or not.

The tune I'm using...

NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
New car from dealers, no oil change, no chassis strengthening
Ride 80 60
Spring 5.50 9.00
Bound 3 4
Rebound 4 5
ARB 7 7
Camber 0 0
Toe 0 0
Brakes (racing) 5 6
Gears (set max speed to minimum then gears/final)
Final 3.075
LSD 10 15 5
Power Limiter 93.4
Stage 3 weight reduction
Downforce 350 600

Well it's taken me 4 days of driving with this tune to finally get a feel for it. Very different to how I'm used to driving. Anyway, thanks for posting it and thanks for sharing all the setup info on this thread. Things began to click and I was able to take off over .200 tonight and moved from 26th to 11th (1:32.178) on one very good lap. Very happy with that!

Good one @nebularis23 👍

I've had a frustrating afternoon on this one.

Initially, just couldn't seem to get through turn 1 with any speed at all. Spent an age fiddling with the tune, trying to find a better set up with no success. Eventually went back to something close to my original, and suddenly started nailing T1 & 2, but at the same time completely lost the ability in T3 :banghead:

I did improve to a 1'32.342 (playing leap frog with @SW__10 and @Growling), but considering I've been within 0.2 of Ramon at T2 on a number of occasions, I should have nailed a 32.1 easily.

I basically took Praiano's Tune for the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car GT which was originally done for 600PP's:

Honda%20NSX-R%20Prototype%20LM%20Road%20Car%20GT.png

This picture is taken by courtesy of Praiano from his great App he has on sale for small money for
Android devices in the Google Play Store:
It's called "Gran Praiano 6 (GT6 Car Tunes)" and only costs 1,99 €... worth every dime!
I don't know how many Tunes there are in this App, but it's A LOT!!!
I hope I did not infringe any © !?

I just made some small changes to Praiano's SetUp:
Tires: SH
Spring Rate: 6,00/7,00
ARB: 5/5
Camber: 0,0/0,0
Brake Balance: 6/5
Power Limiter: 87,8 (550 PP's)
All Power Settings are STANDARD (NO Turbo as above!)
Bodywork: as above, but I think I have changed Oil and reinforced rigidity!?

The funny thing is, that I started with TC = 0 and ASC = OFF, but the car is definitely getting quicker when you increase Traction Control (I am currently driving TC =5 (!), ASC = OFF and ABS = 10 (!!!)

I'm by no means the best driver in the world, but my current time is a decent 1:34,182 which is currently # 489 in the world ranking.

Maybe somebody wants to try this and can improve also.

Last edited:
If anyone still has had issues getting under 1:42:00 for the gold, I just submitted my latest tune into our database, it might be just what your looking for.
link is here;
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/ferrari-365-gtb4-71-race-and-72-replica.900

The tune is designed for RH tires as you will see, however when I used it for this event, I threw on the required Sports Hard, and found no need for any adjustments.
I ran it with TC-1 and ABS-1.
I was getting 1:40:00 to 1:41:00's practicing. Take a few laps back to back to get a good feel for the Ferrari, and after that your golden.
Make sure to follow the transmission instructions exact, this tune has a surprising amount of well placed torque from apex-on-out and excellent speed for this track.
Anyway, if anyone needed this, hope I was able to help.
Good Luck ^^
-Demon-

If anyone is interested, this is my tune for the NSX 👍

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car at RBR.

No body rigidity improvement <---Thanks @Stotty 👍

550pp, 478bhp, 1143kg.

85/85
6.21/7.00
2/2
3/3
3/3
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 3/1

Trans

Initial FG: 3.300
Max speed 124mph (Min)
1: 6.053
2: 4.630
3: 3.732
4: 3.110
5: 2.655
6: 2.252
FG: 2.500

LSD: 15/11/5
Triple clutch

Power 93.4%. Everything standard.

Stage 3 weight reduction.

DF 350/600 MAX

Hope it helps 👍

With the setup of @ SW_10 I could for a time with my pad of 1:32.736 go. :)

I also looked for alternatives to the Honda NSX LM Road Car while the Acura HSC '04 found.

He has a very good top speed (T1 20,4xx) and is otherwise very good.
My time with the car is a 1:33.053 with some air down.

Here the setup, if someone wants to test:

Acura HSC '04

Tuning: All in!

Oil change: yes
Reinforcement: no

Setup:

Suspension:
100/110
5.00 / 7.00
6/2
7/7
4/4
0.00 / 0.00
0.00 / + 0.25

Racing Brake: 10/8

LSD: 8/14/30

Weight: out all

Power: customize

gearbox:
Reset, final gear 5.500, then max speed of 220 km / h
1. 2,948
2. 2,300
3. 1,800
4. 1,485
5. 1,250
6. 1,064
FG. 4,000

Good luck! 👍

Gold on 2nd try, pretty good considering I'm just a casual player. Thanks for the setup

You're welcome and great job, well done. 👍

Bit off topic, but what do you guys think of my new avatar? I got bored yesterday and decided to play around in photoshop some more. Besides, Orange is more my color. :P Kind of an unwritten rule, but my good friend, mentor, and fellow tuner @Motor City Hami has laid claim to Green so I'm going with Orange and Black as my official colors. Currently working on a logo for my garage now, "The Ratts Nest" also. Also been working on some tunes for the other events which I will be posting in the appropriate threads. Have fun and stay fast everyone. 👍 :cheers:

Happy Holidays
Mitch

Thanks so much for your tune and explanation of entry oversteer Stotty. Increasing my LSD decel by 1 allowed me to control my entry and shave a few tenths with AS off. I feel so bad though because I tuned AS on to strong and went from ~135th to 67th. 👍 to all of you near the top with AS off.

No problems @tmsmiffs 👍

And no need to feel bad about using AS 👍

I've been thinking of writing a simple guide on how to adjust a tune to suit individual driving styles and abilities. There are some great tuners on here, and once you have a good base tune, you only really need to change a few things to fine tune how a car handles... I'll get round to it if there's enough interest.

Had another frustrating hour on this one tonight and improved to a 1'32.299... I can run easy 1'31 pace in T1/2, but T3 is just :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I followed Ramon's 1'32.666 for a few laps... amazing T3 :crazy:, but you have at least another 0.2 left in T1/2, amigo ;)

Finally a little improvement for me, just managed a 1:33,518

I am still looking for some fellow DS3 users who would like to compare times. If you are interested please send me a FR.
Had a nice full "friend leader board" but many of them jumped ship to ASSETTO CORSA so they are gone for some real competition.

Back