550PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

• Thread starter et_
  • 177 comments
I saw this & decided to give it a go in a meet I was in tonight as a last minute substitute for a 480pp race (was originally going to use MG TF160). Tested it 1st at big willow in arcade tt & beat your time! Can't remember the exact time but given your usual place in the rankings compared to mine I'd guess you weren't trying too hard. Or arcade tt could have some differences in conditions to the seasonal event.
I used power limiter to get to the required 480pp.
SRF on?

Crazy skills, whoosiergirl!!!

Can I ask what you are driving in the real world? Im curious now.
Pink Honda S2000? :P:P
movies_297-1024x768.jpg

Well, after being spurred on by @et_ yesterday with his kind words, I decided to come back and give this one a more serious try. After about a half hour, managed to improve to 1'16.379 with more time to be gained. I'll keep going as long as I can in this event, but I am just so sick of this track, I can't promise how long that will be. :crazy: This one is for you Elias, hope I can do you proud. :nervous:

EDIT: After a short break, down to 1'16.085.
Yeah, sorry about dragging you back when we're at one of the worst track in the game. However, look at it from the bright side, it could have been worse, it could have been brands hatch;)

That was a joke ;). I just lowered the power limit to match the 550PP.
But funnily enough, three people asked since I posted my video, so I added the "tuning" at the beginning of the video.

@et_
No but now that I think about it I can't remember what tyres I used. It would be a decent bet that they wouldn't qualify for the seasonal. Later when I raced it I was on RS.

Gold in both drifting which im pleased with

a 1.29.857 in the WSR time trial best i could do (respect to the person that set a 1:23) and to my surprise, a silver in the willow springs time trial with a 1:26.004 (best im going to do with my cars)

just done a 1:22.916 at the willow giving me gold for the first time o yeah!!!. used my TK ZZII which i forgot i had.

Last edited:
Gold in both drifting which im pleased with

a 1.29.857 in the WSR time trial best i could do (respect to the person that set a 1:23) and to my surprise, a silver in the willow springs time trial with a 1:26.004 (best im going to do with my cars)

did you use the power limiter on Nissan concept 2020 VGT

Why are some of You people moaning about Big Willow??? I don`t recall any seasonals on that track for a very long time?? OK in the offline, on-disc career mode, license tests, Special Events and one make races Big Willow was all over the place, but in Seasonals I haven`t seen it in 100 years....Perhaps there have been some Drift Trials on BW, and if thats the case it could explain Your rantings...I don`t do drifting, and never care to check out which track...

My own favorite "sick-and-tired-of-track??? - Tsukuba of course...Through-out the history of Seasonal Events; including GT5 as well, Tsukuba will be the most used and promoted track of all. That silly little boring track... No wait, Tsukuba is off course an OK track, but enough is enough...

Why are some of You people moaning about Big Willow??? I don`t recall any seasonals on that track for a very long time?? OK in the offline, on-disc career mode, license tests, Special Events and one make races Big Willow was all over the place, but in Seasonals I haven`t seen it in 100 years....Perhaps there have been some Drift Trials on BW, and if thats the case it could explain Your rantings...I don`t do drifting, and never care to check out which track...

My own favorite "sick-and-tired-of-track??? - Tsukuba of course...Through-out the history of Seasonal Events; including GT5 as well, Tsukuba will be the most used and promoted track of all. That silly little boring track... No wait, Tsukuba is off course an OK track, but enough is enough...
Well, Willow has been alot in the seasonal events TT, however as you say, it's a while since last time, the thing is its a horrible track in every way, its boring from the start, and then forcing it on us time and time again will inevetably cause us to moan. Examples of tracks that has not been in seasonal event TT for a long time (or ever) that are good, fun tracks: Monza, Suzuka, Deep Forest, Trail Mountain, Autumn Ring, Grand Valley, High Speed Ring. and all of these can be run in revrerse aswell.

Oh, and MONACO!!!

PD wake up!

I won gold on this one first time out using my Audi R8 5.2 Chrome Line; took me just two laps to do so.

After trying several cars from the tunes here, I finally gave up and took out the Nissan Concept. I just brought it down to the required PP. Max ballast at -30, lowered the power. Got gold. Done.

After trying several cars from the tunes here, I finally gave up and took out the Nissan Concept. I just brought it down to the required PP. Max ballast at -30, lowered the power. Got gold. Done.
Much as I was looking to try to do it in my Nissan GT-R Black Edition, I think I might end up doing that, too, given how everyone's been talking about/using it. The 0.699 second gap between my current best and Gold might be too high for my meager skills. :(

You could quite possibly be... the perfect woman! :bowdown:

:cheers:

Funny when I went to Gamestop and ordered my G27, the young man behind the counter said the same thing when I told him it was for me, :sly:

@WhoosierGirl & @nExx : Here are some fresh prices from Danish used-car dealers:

Cayman S 3,4 2008/174.000km : 95.600$ 73.800euros

Cayman S 3,4 PDK 2013/24.000km : 243.500$ 187.900euros

Boxter S 3,2 2001/160.000km : 52.200$ 40.300euros

Boxter S 3,4 PDK 2013/16.000km : 242.600$ 187.200euros

-Soooo i'm sticking with my Civic :lol: -Which btw after 8 years and +200.000km's still spins like a cat! Bought it new for 50.400$/38.900euros...

My father had two loves, farm equipment and Porsches, I thankfully inherited the love for the latter.

I love the Delta but I'm not extremely fast and I don't have much experience with tuning either, so meh...
I'll try this challenge anyway, if I manage to get gold with my own tune, that'll be probably the best tune of all time for the Delta :lol:

I love the Delta but I'm not extremely fast and I don't have much experience with tuning either, so meh...
I'll try this challenge anyway, if I manage to get gold with my own tune, that'll be probably the best tune of all time for the Delta :lol:
My setup is posted around here somewhere...

edit. yeah, here it is. Also, This challenge is aimed at casual players, the pro's will get this within 2 laps easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOLD!!!!!!!!!

Finally, after many more miles:dopey::banghead::)

I have reached the promise land with a 1:23.997 lap with the Lancia Delta!!!:):):)

My current Leaderboard position is 23,755!!!:)

Time for some rest!:cheers:
GTsail

GOLD!!!!!!!!!

Finally, after many more miles:dopey::banghead::)

I have reached the promise land with a 1:23.997 lap with the Lancia Delta!!!:):):)

My current Leaderboard position is 23,755!!!:)

Time for some rest!:cheers:
GTsail

Post has been reported for being off-topic. :sly:

Please stay on topic as I find it really irritating to have to wade through post after post just to find the price of a good used car in another country. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :sly:

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. Singapore is
A BMW 325i here cost about sgd250,0000 or about 205k USD. The cheapest brand new car like Suzuki swift cost about 100k or 85k usd. Plus it can only be used for 10 years. Renewing usage for 10 more years cost 68k at the moment. Insurance is about 3k per year and road tax and toll system are killer. Petrol cost about$2.4 per litre. In short, i spend about 24k or more per year on each of my 2 cars.

You are right sir- and i already granted you that; read my post #119.;) My mistake!

Whooops; sorry Cargo.:ouch: Well i did make an attempt to get back on topic earlier...:lol:

Great times being posted, fun to read :)

As soon as I saw this TT I knew it was a job for my Golf R, 535PP with a good dif tune. Still, my gold lap was only good enough to marginally beat WhoosierGirl's minivan time, with a 23.395.. :nervous:

Not my favourite track so I'm not fussed about brining the time down. Time for me to head back over to Beginner FWD drive race see if I can get in the 49s :sly:

Back