550PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

• Thread starter et_
  • 177 comments
Because the GT-R NISMO is a tuned car, by NISMO, and therefore classified as such with all the other tuned cars. The 2020 VGT is a Nissan concept without any third party tuning.
I get it now, but I don't agree with PD's classification of the Nissan VGT. Mine's GT-R N1 is not allowed either, but the Impreza WRX STi spec C and the 22B-STi are. Oh well.

Thank you for enlightening me. I still think it's a little strange. I mean, isn't NISMO basically what AMG is to Mercedes?

Yes, more or less I suppose, Nismo & AMG are race divisions, I think the main difference is that most of the road going cars AMG produce aren't quite as precisely track orientated as Nismo's efforts, I think it's mostly just a case of more horsepower's and extra luxury's with AMG and that's why those cars in GT6 don't fit into the tuned classification.

Yes, more or less I suppose, Nismo & AMG are race divisions, I think the main difference is that most of the road going cars AMG produce aren't quite as precisely track orientated as Nismo's efforts, I think it's mostly just a case of more horsepower's and extra luxury's with AMG and that's why those cars in GT6 don't fit into the tuned classification.
Yeah, in 1990 Mercedes purchased a controlling interest in AMG and finally bought them outright in 2005. Before that, AMG was an independent engineering shop that strictly did Mercedes upgrades aftermarket -- probably similar to RUF for Porsche vehicles. I think it was a smart move for Mercedes to buy them outright - they get to sell lots of AMG models for big bucks!

NISsan MOtorsports (NISMO) is wholly owned by Nissan and while I know they have a lot to do with racing, I never considered what you said regarding the GT-R Nismo model (or similar Nismo "street" cars). They are track focused editions.

Seems like PD has made sure we'll have enough time to do the Toyota Vision and the Sierra events: This has been firmly ruined by the update. Suddenly my car runs 25km/h slower at the starting line. Surely it's not only at my place, is it?
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really started to think Im going crazy!
What are we gonna drive now?

You just keep on driving yourself crazy. I'll go drive Toyota Vision, Sierra-events or the Senna-TT which still Works :lol:

Seems like PD has made sure we'll have enough time to do the Toyota Vision and the Sierra events: This has been firmly ruined by the update. Suddenly my car runs 25km/h slower at the starting line. Surely it's not only at my place, is it?

Thought it was just me and my imagination but no, seems PD shot this TT to 🤬. :banghead: Just when I decide to come back and crap like this happens. 👎

Thought it was just me and my imagination but no, seems PD shot this TT to 🤬. :banghead: Just when I decide to come back and crap like this happens. 👎

You just keep on driving yourself crazy. I'll go drive Toyota Vision, Sierra-events or the Senna-TT which still Works :lol:

Are you using the Nissan vgt? PD fixed the torque curve glitch

Last edited by a moderator:
So, did they change the Nissan VGT back to the way it was in the hotfix, or is it still slow?

They certainly fixed the steering, after 1.12 it was really numb, now its pretty much back to the way it was again.

I was rather excited I pulled off gold in the Nissan VGT on 9/13 (with a 1:22.081), but it turns out the car was bugged? Hmph. I guess that makes my 1:24.699 in the Nissan GT-R Black Edition my best legitimate time in this event. :boggled: Oh well.

I gave the Nissan VGT a try the night before it was nurfed. It took me a few laps to get used to the skates on ice handling and had a little bit better lap than what I ended up with, simply because of that last do-or-die corner. Too bad PD didn't wait until the TT was over to "fix" this car.

et_
So, did they change the Nissan VGT back to the way it was in the hotfix, or is it still slow?

They certainly fixed the steering, after 1.12 it was really numb, now its pretty much back to the way it was again.

Nope, its still slow and has nowhere near the speed it had before the update. No use in going back and trying to better your time if you ran it before the update, you'll never improve.

Nope, its still slow and has nowhere near the speed it had before the update. No use in going back and trying to better your time if you ran it before the update, you'll never improve.
I ran 5 laps and got 1:15 something... I'd have loads of time to gain but now im not so sure. I'll pull it out again and see what I get if I'm not even close I'll skip it.

Edit: Got 1'16.9 with the nissan vgt on my first lap, so yeah they made it slower, but its still possible to improve:) And FYI everyone, they "fixed" the power output of the car, but they also fixed the "boost" function, so if you use that, the power is back to roughly what it was (Still slightly lower tho):indiff:

Edit 2: down to 1'16.0 and my previous best was 1'15.7. Now, those 3 tenths IS possible to shed off, but thats pretty much it, that is close to a perfect lap!

It is frustrating to see my friends lines just take off on the straights, even tho I take the corner much better and get a much better exit, its just a matter of 10-15 meters before they start pulling away

CONCLUSION:
Everything considered, by my estimation, the updates have made the Nissan VGT around this track about 1.2 to 1.3 seconds slow per lap. It's definitely more than 1 second, but no more than 1.5 seconds.

As I said, you can be pretty sure it's around 1,250 seconds added. Question is: Is it still the fastest car for this event?

Edit 3:: TommyKaira ZZII with decent setup and about the same driving got me 1'16.9, so its slower.:irked:

PD YOU F'KIN MORONS YOU RUINED THIS TT!!:mad: 🤬 YOU!

Last edited:
At the time of the update, I was ranked 389th and I'm still 389th now. This time trial may as well have ended the day of the update and been replaced with a Nismo GTR TT where you can win the car.

At the time of the update, I was ranked 389th and I'm still 389th now. This time trial may as well have ended the day of the update and been replaced with a Nismo GTR TT where you can win the car.

I couldn't agree more. 👍 PD really messed up this TT with the update. I applaud them for coming through with the update, but they really should have thought things through better in regards to this time trial. A good solution would have been to do just as you suggested.

Hahaha, seems like this TT just keeps on giving :D I was just thinking that maybe I should have done more laps :D

I couldn't agree more. 👍 PD really messed up this TT with the update. I applaud them for coming through with the update, but they really should have thought things through better in regards to this time trial. A good solution would have been to do just as you suggested.
They should have waited to fix the Nissan VGT. The way they ruined this TT Robbed me out of my streak of results.
I've been top 20 and best swede since the Lancia Integrale TT at Tsukuba back in january:irked:

So... the 2020 VGT is considered a normal car (even though it clearly isn't), yet the GT-R NISMO is not. :confused:

Because the GT-R NISMO is a tuned car, by NISMO, and therefore classified as such with all the other tuned cars. The 2020 VGT is a Nissan concept without any third party tuning.

Well late to the challenge as usual, I just discovered this last night & glad someone addressed this question however I still find it very odd.

Has anyone noticed anomalies in the event of non- seasonal 550PP 4WD - racing cars Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway ? I have the Uploaded repley to see them and I noticed That in these cars Nissan of the speedometer comes to 480 hours kilometers , while the same car USED to me comes a 320 , No one knows why these differences come also on the straight I do not I can reach the speed of the cars of repley , the difference of 20 and 30 km / h , and it takes Several Having these differences in more HP . The curious thing is that the vision nissan gran turismo can not be changed in the setup , so I expect the differences to Help Capacity curve or in mixed but do not understand the difference

Has anyone noticed anomalies in the event of non- seasonal 550PP 4WD - racing cars Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway ? I have the Uploaded repley to see them and I noticed That in these cars Nissan of the speedometer comes to 480 hours kilometers , while the same car USED to me comes a 320 , No one knows why these differences come also on the straight I do not I can reach the speed of the cars of repley , the difference of 20 and 30 km / h , and it takes Several Having these differences in more HP . The curious thing is that the vision nissan gran turismo can not be changed in the setup , so I expect the differences to Help Capacity curve or in mixed but do not understand the difference
First of I dont get where you get the 480/320kmh figures from.

But they screwed up the Nissan VGT in the 1.12 update, so it is now roughly 1.2 seconds slower than before.

If you had only scrolled up a bit you'ld find my conclusion of the power output of the VGT:
et_
I ran 5 laps and got 1:15 something... I'd have loads of time to gain but now im not so sure. I'll pull it out again and see what I get if I'm not even close I'll skip it.

Edit: Got 1'16.9 with the nissan vgt on my first lap, so yeah they made it slower, but its still possible to improve:) And FYI everyone, they "fixed" the power output of the car, but they also fixed the "boost" function, so if you use that, the power is back to roughly what it was (Still slightly lower tho):indiff:

Edit 2: down to 1'16.0 and my previous best was 1'15.7. Now, those 3 tenths IS possible to shed off, but thats pretty much it, that is close to a perfect lap!

It is frustrating to see my friends lines just take off on the straights, even tho I take the corner much better and get a much better exit, its just a matter of 10-15 meters before they start pulling away

CONCLUSION:
Everything considered, by my estimation, the updates have made the Nissan VGT around this track about 1.2 to 1.3 seconds slow per lap. It's definitely more than 1 second, but no more than 1.5 seconds.

As I said, you can be pretty sure it's around 1,250 seconds added. Question is: Is it still the fastest car for this event?

Edit 3:: TommyKaira ZZII with decent setup and about the same driving got me 1'16.9, so its slower.:irked:

PD YOU F'KIN MORONS YOU RUINED THIS TT!!:mad: 🤬 YOU!

Back