550PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap - Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

• Thread starter et_
  • 177 comments
With the Nissan VGT (detuned at 550PP) I managed to get a 1.21:003 at the 2nd attempt, stock settings.
With the Lancia, fully tuned but stock settings 1.27:387, still working for my personal setup, nothing good yet...

My tune for the Lancia Delta HF:

Purchase all upgraded parts, then suspension as follows:

Ride: 110/105
Springs: 7.5/8.0
Compr: 4/5
Extens: 4/5
ARB: 3/4
Camber: 0.2/0.4
Toe: -.10/-.30
Brakes: 4/5
LSD front: 5/10/5
LSD rear: 10/30/5
Torque split: 25:75
Downforce: at 5
Ballast: 5kg, +35 to rear
Transmission (I'm using @et_ 's(thanks), so):
1st: 2.826
2nd: 2.095
3rd: 1.760
4th: 1.500
5th: 1.271
6th: 1.084
Final: 3.100

I am still trying to improve it, but at least it got me Gold!:)

The Lancia Delta still exhibits more understeer than one would wish, and its rear will still break-free if you are too aggressive with the throttle and steering going thru the tight esses in the middle of the lap at Willow Springs, but its better than what I started with.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Last edited:
Improved my time by 1/10s today: 1:15,064 P16 fastest DS3 user. :)

After that i jumped into the Lancia, thx for the special chellange @et_ 👍

Managed a 1:22,549 :D

I have been using this car a lot with very different PP, so i'm not able to tell you the gearbox settings, but here
is my tune:

175 85
4,40 12,51
1 10
1 10
3 7
0,0 0,0
-0,25 -1,00

BB 2/6

power: install everything (333kW)

weight: install everything (1105kg)

drivetrain: front 5/30/5
rear 5/15/5
torque 37:63

aids: ABS 1

short shift around 7400rpm

I have no picture, but here is a zip. data of my replay. :cheers:

Attachments

• Lancia @ Willow.zip
    283.5 KB · Views: 32
Does anyone know about the KERS on the VGT2020? Is it controllable? It keeps deciding to harvest energy at the most annoying times -Usually at the slowest apexes. I've been trying to keep the throttle on slightly round the corners as this seems to reduce the massive lag if you completely lift off the throttle and then re-apply? Any advice welcome, thanks :)

I wonder if PD gets paid extra every time they use Willow in a TT. The Nissan VGT slides a lot and I can't drift to save my life. :indiff:

I think I managed to go off at every corner last night (specially the last one), so I only need to flip the car over to complete the cycle.

edit: I've read that the hybrid system works on this car, but I have yet to notice it.

Last edited:
1:15:558...hard work, this. I can stay with the Top Ghosts for the first three corners, then they're gone.:crazy:

Any news on the KERS?

I could not better my lap time in the GT-R SpecV and was pushed down to #16xx so I finally gave in and jumped on the VGT bandwagon tonight, and I also decided to give the TT/car a go with my DFGT. 👍

Had a mixed amount of fun and frustration but ran a handful of decent laps with some running slightly ahead of @SW__10 & @Stotty lines up to the first split and even a few laps all the way to the second, and my fastest lap so far is at 1:15.817 for pos #192. :D

I'm sure that I can a bit better with a little less hesitation going into the last corner. :nervous: :crazy:

Last edited:
I could not better my lap time in the GT-R SpecV and was pushed down to #16xx so I finally gave in and jumped on the VGT bandwagon tonight, and I also decided to give the TT/car a go with my DFGT. 👍

Had a mixed amount of fun and frustration but ran a handful of decent laps with some running slightly ahead of @SW__10 & @Stotty lines up to the first split and even a few laps all the way to the second, and my fastest lap so far is at 1:15.817 for pos #192. :D

I'm sure that I can a bit better with a little less hesitation going into the last corner. :nervous: :crazy:

Good one 👍

Despite being hobbled by the limiter, the VGT is really nice to drive on SH... much nicer than with full power on its stock tyres. For a 4WD car it's got loads of rotation (too much in some places).

My best T1 & 2 with @WhoosierGirl final corner would put me on a low 1'14.7.

I just can't figure out the line in the final corner :lol:

My best T1 & 2 with @WhoosierGirl final corner would put me on a low 1'14.7.

I just can't figure out the line in the final corner :lol:

Must have been a really good corner, lol. I was in first by a couple tenths the first night and might just let it be and see where I end up when the TT ends. I haven't done anything but log-ins and message answering since Thursday, starting to get a dusty wheel :)

I had no idea what PAR meant, I thought that was someone's time:dunce:
Made a quick par lap, 1:22.917 @et_
image.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like PD has made sure we'll have enough time to do the Toyota Vision and the Sierra events: This has been firmly ruined by the update. Suddenly my car runs 25km/h slower at the starting line. Surely it's not only at my place, is it?

My time with the Lancia was 1:22,549, the 1:22,947 should be the time of my ghost (prev. best). Did i send the wrong replay? :dunce:
Probably, but I'll check, just to be sure.:)

edit, no, I'm the idiot, I looked at the ghost time 1'22.549 it is:)

Last edited:
Seems like PD has made sure we'll have enough time to do the Toyota Vision and the Sierra events: This has been firmly ruined by the update. Suddenly my car runs 25km/h slower at the starting line. Surely it's not only at my place, is it?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread about the cars power/torque curve being broken, post#36..... where the torque would not be reduced inline with the power when using the limiter. It's now been fixed and this TT is null and buggered.

I picked the right day to use the VGT to set a lap time yesterday, as of now my 'GT-R SpecV' lap time of 1:17.585 is over a second or two faster than what I am able to do in the VGT. :indiff:

et_
Probably, but I'll check, just to be sure.:)

edit, no, I'm the idiot, I looked at the ghost time 1'22.549 it is:)

No need to call yourself an idiot. Mistakes happens to everybody. ;)

Had a quick go with the ODDYSEY '03, just put a tune similar to the Lancia on it and clocked a 1:23,509 after 24km. :D

Must have been a really good corner, lol. I was in first by a couple tenths the first night and might just let it be and see where I end up when the TT ends. I haven't done anything but log-ins and message answering since Thursday.
et_
🤬 You PD for :censored:ing up my TT times!

:D I am going to look at the bright side, I guess I'm not going to fall as far as I thought.
Looking at the bad side, I probably could have finished Top 10/15 if I put some effort into it, had a good feel for the combo. Snooze and loose:boggled:

Had a quick go with the ODDYSEY '03, just put a tune similar to the Lancia on it and clocked a 1:23,509 after 24km. :D

Odyssey is a blast:tup:

So... the 2020 VGT is considered a normal car (even though it clearly isn't), yet the GT-R NISMO is not. :confused:
Are you kidding me? PD must have made a mistake. They must have forgotten to set a flag to classify the GT-R Nismo '14 as a normal street car. It is incorrect to classify it as anything else considering you can purchase this car at a dealership, register and insure it as a regular passenger vehicle. It must be a mistake that they will correct. ::holds breath::

So... the 2020 VGT is considered a normal car (even though it clearly isn't), yet the GT-R NISMO is not. :confused:
Are you kidding me? PD must have made a mistake. They must have forgotten to set a flag to classify the GT-R Nismo '14 as a normal street car. It is incorrect to classify it as anything else considering you can purchase this car at a dealership, register and insure it as a regular passenger vehicle. It must be a mistake that they will correct. ::holds breath::

Because the GT-R NISMO is a tuned car, by NISMO, and therefore classified as such with all the other tuned cars. The 2020 VGT is a Nissan concept without any third party tuning.

Because the GT-R NISMO is a tuned car, by NISMO, and therefore classified with all the other tuned cars. The 2020 VGT is a Nissan concept without any third party tuning.
Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't know about this category called "tuned cars". I thought it was pretty much either "Race Car" or "Non-Race Car" AKA "Normal Car" when it came to picking vehicles, like for a Seasonal Event.

Thank you for enlightening me. I still think it's a little strange. I mean, isn't NISMO basically what AMG is to Mercedes? They are accessible right from the Nissan website at: http://www.nissanusa.com/performance

Back