550PP British Non-Race Car Super Lap: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

  • Thread starter Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 237 comments
  • 35,658 views
I saw your post and I got this car out of my garage and I tried it, its a touch heavy but if I made it lighter it will go faster I think.View attachment 542429
Thanks, fordlaser. Yes, Aston Martin's are notoriously understeery, much more so than bimmers. That makes it particularly challenging for the few hairpins in Brands Hatch. Will give this a try!
Alan
 
I whittled off another 3 tenths last night to 1:30.677. I need someone on my friends list in the 28s or 29s to chase as I am having a hard time pushing my hardest when I am in front of my ghost. Any takers?

xx-wydopen-xx

you can chuck me on ya list if ya want....psn lisanorm
 
I whittled off another 3 tenths last night to 1:30.677. I need someone on my friends list in the 28s or 29s to chase as I am having a hard time pushing my hardest when I am in front of my ghost. Any takers?

xx-wydopen-xx
You can add me, my psn name is the same as here SilverSE102. At the moment for this time trail I am at a 1:27.933.

Edit: Improved to a 1:27.426 :eek:, I'm going to give it my all to see if I can get into the 1:26's :). I went back to the stock spoiler to lower the downforce.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I whittled off another 3 tenths last night to 1:30.677. I need someone on my friends list in the 28s or 29s to chase as I am having a hard time pushing my hardest when I am in front of my ghost. Any takers?

xx-wydopen-xx

I sent you an FR last night, just before I started my first session on this TT, and tho I had a 1.29 on my very first lap it only took me a few hours with tuning adjustments to get that down to a 1.26.9xx and I think there's .500 or more I could get, possibly even into the 25's if I have a good run in the corners. :D
 
I was chasing @waukazoo and @fordlaser777 last night and dropped almost a whole second from a 30.677 to a 29.737. I will add the rest of you tonight before I give it another go. It's easier for me to push hard when I have the incentive of someone to chase and it gives me the motivation to do so. My current time puts me in the top 3300 which is a far cry from about 8500th where I was at. I know I will never be a top 10 driver but this gives me more incentive to try to see just how far I can get up the list. Thanks for all the support!!!!!!!!
 
Having reached my limit with the tune I was using (courtesy of Mr Praiano), I then tried your (1 handed) tune, with Perroloco mods, and immediately found another 0.75 seconds - many thanks for sharing. The only problem I found with it was that the back end tended to come round very easily, both when lifting off and when applying throttle.

So, I tried switching back to my old tune, and went 1.2 seconds faster again - how does that happen?


128.117 4th complete lap with controller using DR AUg tune. (Probable 8-10 red laps) I don't find it loose at all with a controller. Sticks and finishes corners nicely on the throttle. Very nice tune.

127.986 now with 4 more reds and a clean one .

127.805 (position 580) 9 reds to one clean lap. hmmm ratio is getting into frustrating range.
I'd better stop now lol


Thank you for the tune DRAUG

went 127.250 I bumped the LSD up from 5/20/5 to 5/20/15 to try to settle down the oversteer/understeer characteristics when going from off throttle to on throttle. I'm not sure if it helped but I went faster. I'm going to break out my wheel see if I can get that 26. :)
 
Last edited:
78.....87
10.28......13.42
6.....6
5.....7
3.....2
0.0...0.0
-5....0.10

5......5

6..16..6

3600
280km
2814
2041
1563
1241
1021
0.872
0.755
5000

A few modifications
Thanks Jeje6410

Hi Perico
Thank you for your test with McLaren MP4-12C '10 . I 'll try it with your changes. Now maybe this will not suit my driving style. But if it can bring improvement , great. I'm a DS3 user. Thanks again @perico :cheers:
 
Hi Perico
Thank you for your test with McLaren MP4-12C '10 . I 'll try it with your changes. Now maybe this will not suit my driving style. But if it can bring improvement , great. I'm a DS3 user. Thanks again @perico :cheers:
I have g29
 
Man this one addictive. It's been some time a played GT let alone enjoyed it as much as i do with this combo :D

Squeezed out a 25.669 for a place in the top 30.

Thanks to @DrAug for the tune 👍 And a awesome one handed lap :bowdown:
 
can I say I hate this.... I can`t find a tune that i`m comfortable with to break 1.31... :indiff::yuck:
 
I couldn't get anything past bronze with the Rocket. It's completely stock. I didn't push hard, because I make too may mistakes when I do.
 
Well, after seeing everyone say they were beating it with the MP4-12C, I saved up and bought one. Got gold the first try. @fordlaser777 smoked me, though. Think I still have some practice before I can keep up with him.
 
This is a fun one. Takes some finesse, but you can't relax at the same time. Push as hard as you can, without sliding too much.

I was P369 last week. Might go back in this weekend to get back to that. I have a ton of steering dialed into my MP4!
 
I think I could possibly get a 1:30, but I don't have a tune on my McLaren and I haven't driven it much. Do you get extra money for each rank you move up or no? If you do then I may try to improve my time.
 
.
I think I could possibly get a 1:30, but I don't have a tune on my McLaren and I haven't driven it much. Do you get extra money for each rank you move up or no? If you do then I may try to improve my time.
No you don't get money for each rank you move up.
 
Wow, 1:25.5....awesome. I stopped at a high 1:26 after an hours worth of laps and tuning al together. That's enough.
 
Finally in the 25.89x,and Kossie how you doing??
Still a high 1:26 not drive much here(only the first week). The last week I'm going to try to make a 1:25.
 
Back