550PP Ferrari F40 Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 243 comments
Loved this one but unfortunately didn't get enough spare time to run it that much. My times were...

1'24.5 in the tuned car
1'27.3 in stock car on SH
1'30.7 in stock car on CS

All were lovely to drive :)

Well, here is my rubbish Silver lap on this event. Though I didn't have much time to play it and I'm not all that great at driving anyway :dunce::lol:

Plus as an added extra, if you haven't already seen this in the Video subforum, here's the Ferrari F40 from Goodwood last year and GT6 this year ...

QUOTE "So, here's another in my now legendary (in my own household) real life 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed showcases, and this time its a car which turned more heads in the 90s than a supermodel :drool: (ok maybe not more than Claudia Schiffer) the Ferrari F40 from 1992, complete with the number 7. As seen in Chris Evans Magnificent Seven collection on show at Goodwood last year...

Hope you enjoy the vid - time for this one is... ok a pretty sluggish 0m57.502

More soon...

:cheers: :gtpflag:

There are quite some cars that have at least one axle with zero camber ( usually at the front ) or even positive camber from factory and zero toe ( most live rear axle have zero toe ) 512BB has front zero camber to positive 0.33 degree camber ( as per manual )

The bold part shows how lacking is your knowledge in cars :) and before you judge on replica, don't set on the process, but the end result, when you drive it. I just happen to care for both, the process ( values/specs/stats and tuning method ) as well as the result/performance/feel. GT6 has it's limits, but I tried my best to use the limits for getting closer to realistic cars, not the other way.

Oh sorry for getting back veeery late, but I don`t sign in here so often, and I just saw Your post right now, a couple of weeks after You wrote it..

Anyway; i don`t know a lot about cars, but I think I know a llittle more than You expect me to...

About camber: I said "I don`t think...." - I dodn`t say "There aren`t...." But it will be rare with zero camber. You found that Ferrari - OK I believe You.

I didn`t say anything about positive camber, I only talked about zero camber. I do know that positive camber is/was used. I remember (loud and clear) the Fiat 127, which had an enoumous positive camber, so much one could see it. It`s front wheels was literally "hanging out" on upper part. There are more cars with positive camber, but negative is more common...But zero camber...When You say it, I believe You.

Reason why I doubted zero camber: Well a teacher from a technical college told us long time ago that camber was "invented" as wheels simply would fall off without it. Work their way outwards on the axle - and fall off. Lock nut and cotter pins etc would just make the wheel ruin the bearing instead (Burning hot and block) - so fundamental physical laws demand camber... However I cannot find that statement anywhere, so It`s hard to get it confirmed...

Off course there`s a lot of litterature on camber-caster-toe etc etc on the net, just not what I`m looking for, namely "will zero camber make wheel fall off?" (lols)

Toe...Well zero toe on front wheels is dangerous. Wouls cause tonnes of accidents, so always toe-in on road cars. They might use toe-out on race cars though, but in daily traffic it would prove disasterous...

Rear axle....I guess most FR cars have a tiny toe-in rear, whereas FF cars can have a litle toe-out...Eventualy zero toe rear, why not...

But if You look at GT6 "default setting" You will find (on road cars) an extreme toe-in rear (0.60) and zero front... Extremely unrealistic...

Replicas...I didn`t "judge" on replicas, I questioned them... Thats all...Because it appeared to me that people here building replicas might have a strong belief that they were exactly like the car IRL... But...people are smart enough though, so my post was really not nescessary...Not more to say. Sorry for getting back 2-3 weeks too late :embarrassed:

Oh sorry for getting back veeery late, but I don`t sign in here so often, and I just saw Your post right now, a couple of weeks after You wrote it..

Anyway; i don`t know a lot about cars, but I think I know a llittle more than You expect me to...

About camber: I said "I don`t think...." - I dodn`t say "There aren`t...." But it will be rare with zero camber. You found that Ferrari - OK I believe You.

I didn`t say anything about positive camber, I only talked about zero camber. I do know that positive camber is/was used. I remember (loud and clear) the Fiat 127, which had an enoumous positive camber, so much one could see it. It`s front wheels was literally "hanging out" on upper part. There are more cars with positive camber, but negative is more common...But zero camber...When You say it, I believe You.

Reason why I doubted zero camber: Well a teacher from a technical college told us long time ago that camber was "invented" as wheels simply would fall off without it. Work their way outwards on the axle - and fall off. Lock nut and cotter pins etc would just make the wheel ruin the bearing instead (Burning hot and block) - so fundamental physical laws demand camber... However I cannot find that statement anywhere, so It`s hard to get it confirmed...

Off course there`s a lot of litterature on camber-caster-toe etc etc on the net, just not what I`m looking for, namely "will zero camber make wheel fall off?" (lols)

Toe...Well zero toe on front wheels is dangerous. Wouls cause tonnes of accidents, so always toe-in on road cars. They might use toe-out on race cars though, but in daily traffic it would prove disasterous...

Rear axle....I guess most FR cars have a tiny toe-in rear, whereas FF cars can have a litle toe-out...Eventualy zero toe rear, why not...

But if You look at GT6 "default setting" You will find (on road cars) an extreme toe-in rear (0.60) and zero front... Extremely unrealistic...

Replicas...I didn`t "judge" on replicas, I questioned them... Thats all...Because it appeared to me that people here building replicas might have a strong belief that they were exactly like the car IRL... But...people are smart enough though, so my post was really not nescessary...Not more to say. Sorry for getting back 2-3 weeks too late :embarrassed:

It's up to you what you wish to believe :) Fun fact, Mitsubishi Evo X came from factory with zero front toe and you don't see them cause tons of accidents. I build replicas as I wanted to transfer my real life experience to the GT6 and make them drive more inline with real world performance by making corrections on setup and specs, the aim is get close as possible within GT6 physics limitation. You are free to not drive them.

Back