550PP Ferrari F40 Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 243 comments
Quite addicting event... this car is the devil's machine... (legendary car btw...) raw power, lightweight MR, on sports hard... :ill:
Although, i think it could be at a "better" circuit... but either way...

A big respect to the top guys, 1:24.low is just :scared: one way or another for sure, but especially without the AS... (and except the 🤬 cheaters of course...:irked:)

I managed today a 1:26.250, pretty happy for my first try i admit ... :dopey:
I see at least 0.5s more, as i left something on almost every corner, so probably i will come back to (try to) find it... :mischievous:

Ridox tune, softened up the shocks to 4/4 all around, ARB 4F 1R, LSD 8/5/30 upped the weight to 100k -50, got gold at 1:30.407. Satisfied being that I am using a DS3. I am so glad the pain is over. As a plus, it oughta be a great car offline now!

Here's what I'm using now... no idea how it will work with a DS3

So I decided to give this seasonal one more go with your tune, and almost immediately figured out what I had been doing wrong. This whole time I've been trying to keep the car as stable as possible, as it's inherently unstable. For some reason your tune made me almost enjoy the slippery nature it has, and on the 4th lap I got my best time, sliding the car this way and that, oversteering, drifting, and just generally having fun. Another 10 laps and I'm truly done. 545th? I'll take that. Thank you sir!

Midfield%20F40.jpg

Just regarding the F40 and how it handles vs real life…

I’m sure the F40 handles differently in the game, but I very much doubt the guy who’s driven one has taken it round a track right at and over the limit, trail braking from >160mph in to an ever tightening left hander and sliding it out the other side!

It was a press car that he drove, and he drove it quite hard, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would take such a car over the limit, even if they own it. The pervasive idea was that the car was a pussycat in real life, if you drove it properly, which was very unlike the car on the game (to him).

Last edited by a moderator:
In the for what it's worth department, here's another F40 tune, had some success with it but not entirely set up to drive on rails
I golded the event earlier with some fiddling on the standard setup.
To say it politely: I 🤬🤬🤬 this 🤬🤬 car and I don't like this 🤬🤬 circuit, so I was not planning to get back.

Changed my mind today and tried the tunes that were posted here.
@Polsixe 's tune was by far the best for my driving style, managed a 1:27 after three laps, and still lots of gain to make.

This tune makes this piece of 🤬 driveable. Thanks :cheers:

(Just did not mess with the standard trans, because the game is still ruining all changes)

And looking at the leaderboards, I should add that I don't use any aids apart of ABS1 :D

Last edited:
Well that came pretty quickly...

30 mins after work; ran a 25.0 3rd lap, then shortly after a 24.843 followed by a 24.795. Made a couple of small setting changes and immediately threw away a mega lap at least 0.3 faster :mad: running wide in the final corner... finally held one together with a rubbish exit from the chicane..

1;24.574 11th :D

Tune as before with LSD decel at 30 and brakes at 7,3... bit dicey in to turn 1, but more rear brake helps trail braking in to the hairpin.

Very close to my ability limit now :lol:
I tried your tune but it was too wild for me; but then I added some toe in (0.1f 0.45r) and it became easier to control specially in turn one. May be slower but I managed to gold the event with 1:30:700.

Didn't have time to run a proper session tonight, so thought I'd go back and try the car 100% stock (528ppts, no upgrades) on comfort soft tyres... 30 mins to get a comfortable gold time of 1'30.765.

Anyone running in the 1'24's should give it a go; it's a really nice little challenge - very slippery everywhere and a great test of your fine control inputs :)

YES!!! got gold. feeling happy with myself. Realised I was trying to hard = back end sliding out. So today went for a 100% stock with a smooth, easy on the power approach today and got a 1.30.2xx its not lightening fast but it got the job done.

15q6ir7.jpg

Last edited:
I golded the event earlier with some fiddling on the standard setup.
To say it politely: I 🤬🤬🤬 this 🤬🤬 car and I don't like this 🤬🤬 circuit, so I was not planning to get back.

Changed my mind today and tried the tunes that were posted here.
@Polsixe 's tune was by far the best for my driving style, managed a 1:27 after three laps, and still lots of gain to make.

This tune makes this piece of 🤬 driveable. Thanks :cheers:

(Just did not mess with the standard trans, because the game is still ruining all changes)

And looking at the leaderboards, I should add that I don't use any aids apart of ABS1 :D
You're welcome!

This Seasonal is tough!:scared:

I've now driven my Ferrari F40 nearly 114 miles, nearly half of them with the rear of the F40 leading the way:eek::lol:

My best lap so far has put me in 234th place with a 1:26.363 lap.:)

More laps are certainly required as soon as I can install a new set of rear tires to replace the one's that I've worn down to the cords.:guilty:

Great fun!
GTsail

My F40 is 1,670 miles and became yellow on the rigidity shown at the workshop. Is there any effect on the handling ? Still can't reach 1:25 on my Ds3.

My F40 is 1,670 miles and became yellow on the rigidity shown at the workshop. Is there any effect on the handling ? Still can't reach 1:25 on my Ds3.

Depends on the car.

Why not buy another one, tune it exactly the same and then run them back to back... then come back and tell us which one is faster/feels better 👍

Depends on the car.

Why not buy another one, tune it exactly the same and then run them back to back... then come back and tell us which one is faster/feels better 👍
Yup, just worry if I do the restoring function, the car became too rigid ! Wasting time of tuning :scared:...

Heh, despite having a small fracture on my right foots metatarsus (not instep)I managed to do bit over an hour stint and did small improvement on @Stotty 's tune, thanks for sharing mate and really awesome time :eek: :dopey: without even having a fracture on my throttle foot I can tell I highly doubt I would get even close to you on this one, and same goes for @IBZ6L20VT amazing time amigo :cheers: keep on pushing I bet you have few more tenths in you 👍👍👍

ODB
Heh, despite having a small fracture on my right foots metatarsus (not instep)I managed to do bit over an hour stint and did small improvement on @Stotty 's tune, thanks for sharing mate and really awesome time :eek: :dopey: without even having a fracture on my throttle foot I can tell I highly doubt I would get even close to you on this one, and same goes for @IBZ6L20VT amazing time amigo :cheers: keep on pushing I bet you have few more tenths in you 👍👍👍

Thanks mate!

Surely you would catch me if you were not injuried. ;)

I wish you a quick healing.

ODB

Good luck mate... have you tried using your left foot ;)

I reckon I have max 0.2 left on this one... might try to chase it down over the weekend, but after that I won't get chance - off to our place in Spain next week for a bit of sun and Rioja :D

Surely you would catch me if you were not injuried.

Hahaha, well maybe after something like 1000 km I would have some sort of chance, but now after this stint my foot feels rather swollen and I don't like the feeling of it so maybe better to take it easy :crazy:

I wish you a quick healing.
Thanks mate :cheers:

Good luck mate... have you tried using your left foot ;)

Hahah, starting to learn how to use my left foot only on this event? :D maybe I just wait a month for my foot to recover :lol:

I reckon I have max 0.2 left on this one... might try to chase it down over the weekend

Best of luck, hope you make it :cheers: really fun car to drive but really doesn't take much to screw it up :scared:

off to our place in Spain next week for a bit of sun and Rioja :D
Sounds great, have fun mate :cheers:

Can you make sure your Spanish weather is good for me please?

I'm not the Spaniard in charge of choosing weather this next week... :lol:

However, according to the weather forecast it won't be a specially hot week, with chances of rain on Wednesday.

However, according to the weather forecast it won't be a specially hot week, with chances of rain on Wednesday.

Excuses, excuse :lol:

OK, then Wednesday I shall prioritise going to buy a new barbecue - for a man, the 2nd most

Excuses, excuse :lol:

OK, then Wednesday I shall prioritise going to buy a new barbecue - for a man, the 2nd most important purchase after a TV (and I bought a new TV last month :D).

The 0.5s or so, that i'm looking for, is giving me a hard time... tenth by tenth... :banghead:
Another little improvement today (.168), lost a 25.6xx on the last corner, being a bit nervous... at 1:26.040 for now... oh we'll see, we'll see... :mischievous:

I insist though about the "addicting event" matter... i believe @Stotty expressed it perfectly...

...the F40 is sooooo rewarding to drive when you get the feel and you put a lap together... feels like you've walked a tightrope over the Grand Canyon, blindfold, without a safety net and survived...

A quick question to you guys, as the experts knows better... :)
I'm running two different settings regarding to lsd (after tests, ended up with those)... One is: 8/5/20, the other is: 12/5/5. Each one has its pros/cons here and there, but both are giving me the same nice feeling in total, and with both i can achieve more or less the same lap...
What do you think?? In which i should give more trust, more time to get used to and get the most out of it??

I'm running two different settings regarding to lsd (after tests, ended up with those)... One is: 8/5/20, the other is: 12/5/5. Each one has its pros/cons here and there, but both are giving me the same nice feeling in total, and with both i can achieve more or less the same lap...
What do you think?? In which i should give more trust, more time to get used to and get the most out of it??
The first setting is in my opinion the best one (8/5/20)
Why dont try my setting? This is what I ended up with after testing, 3 other TRL drvers have tested it since, and this is still what all of us use.

Initial torque: 6
Acceleration sensitivity: 16
Braking sensitivity: 54

Together with a 7/3 brake bias, it allows for a very agressive approach into the corners. then just maintain the small slide by gently applying throttle again. Its easy to make the mistake of thinking this car is undriveable, and just lowering the accel. sensitivity to 5 to avoid spinning out on throttle, but that messes up the rotation heavily on part-throttle, and that is something you need to do alot in this car. (part-throttle)

And leave the ballast at home!:cheers:

Last edited:
Back