550PP Ferrari F40 Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 243 comments
I still find that comfort soft work better for me (on the front). Using Stotty's tune but improved a bit using TRL_Andromeda's LSD setting.

The first setting is in my opinion the best one (8/5/20)
Why dont try my setting? This is what I ended up with after testing, 3 other TRL drvers have tested it since, and this is still what all of us use.

Initial torque: 6
Acceleration sensitivity: 16
Braking sensitivity: 54

Together with a 7/3 brake bias, it allows for a very agressive approach into the corners. then just maintain the small slide by gently applying throttle again. Its easy to make the mistake of thinking this car is undriveable, and just lowering the accel. sensitivity to 5 to avoid spinning out on throttle, but that messes up the rotation heavily on part-throttle, and that is something you need to do alot in this car. (part-throttle)

And leave the ballast at home!:cheers:

At first, thank you very much for your help! 👍

Without any ballast, the car seemed quicker, but less forgiving... so i used my previous setting with 21Kg @-50 (W.D.: 42/58), for making the car more predictable...
Increasing the acceleration sensitivity was a big help indeed, so i ended up with 8/12/20 at lsd.

The result is a 1:25.498.

Just for the hell of it I ran my F40 TT set up(1:26.039 can't break the 1:25 barrier for the life of me and done over 2200ks) in free run mode with sports soft tyres 1:22.112 in just 2 laps and was a dream to drive!!!
We have a saying in Australia when things are made more difficult than they really need to be for no apparent reason " 🤬 this for a joke"
Yes it's not as challenging as on sports hards but this TT could have been much more enjoyable for the majority on sports soft. My 2 bobs worth anyway.
:cheers:

I normally pride myself on being able to handle cars with a rearward weight bias, but this car has been an unabated nightmare. Lifting the throttle when it starts to slip doesn't help, trying to keep steady on the power and steering with a gradual touch don't help, the car just yanks itself out no matter what I do, until...

• LSD set to 17/14/21

This and the tip to set the front tires to Comfort Soft have helped me monumentally. I'm pairing them with the real-life tune from the bottom of the first page of this thread. I'm confident I'll reach gold at this rate.

Follow-up:

I got gold by putting the Sport tires back on the front and... I don't even know how. This car is a bastard, and not fun about it. Best I can do right now is 1:30.048.

Normally with rearward-bias cars, I can run laps with careful trailbraking and a gentle foot ready to punch the gas whenever I slip. This car requires... most of what I've trained myself not do with MR (and the way I prefer to drive front-engined cars), which is to avoid inputs of steering when I'm braking/accelerating, and to avoid gas until I can see a straight shot in the road ahead of me.

Last edited:
I hate this car...... The best I can achieve at the time of writing is a 1:28:800 @ 3089th position.

I'm done.

Tips to drive this F40 easier :
Tap throttle repeatly super fast every corners (steering not straight)
Use 3rd gear after the downhill straight (max speed 290-310), every corner 4th gear. Ballast 21 to 26kg, -40 to -46. Window weight: Std. Rear damper compression 10/extension 5, toe .10/.30. LSD 10/9/30.
Easy lap consistently 1:27.2 for my Ds3. BL: 1:26.8
Hope to help a bit.:cheers:

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92 Seasonal tune

Mid-Field%20Raceway_2_zpspeeohkbg.jpg

I managed to be ahead of my current record, at the long straight before the hairpin, where I screwed it due to my uncontrolled excitement. Typical me, hehe. Nah, pretty hard to nail a whole good lap...

Easy to do... so much time can be made (or lost!) at the hairpin, but miss the brake point by even a fraction and the lap is gone.

I haven't had time to run this one again :(

I'm at 26.640, P152, which by all means isn't top tier, but maybe this will help some DS3 users.

65/65
8/12
1/2
2/9 (yep, 9)
5/1
0/0
0/.10

Trans at 180 (290 km)

6/8/25

High turbo and weight reduced then power adjusted

I'm running 6/1 brakes, but of course, that's preference.

OMG Much thanks for making this car drivable. I love you lol

Just want to remind you guys that the gearbox glitch has been fixed, there is about 2 tenths to gain now because of it. :)
I tried hard as today was the last day that I could try.

Redid the gearbox and the car became even more drivable, but that wasn't enough to improve. Despite that I'm really happy because I really understood how to drive the car and make constant low 1:25 laps and even a couple of 1:24. I took this combo as a part of my learning process.

This was the 1st seasonal tt that i enjoyed so much... i think the first one (in GT6) that i tried more then once, and not only this, but also ran over 1000Km... (it's irrelevant that i wasted half of those by spinning around... :D).

My last (successful) run was 1:25,366. Had a few chances το sneak in to 24's... but all of them messed up at the left hander before the last chicane... After that, put the car in the garage, locked the door, and accidentally lost the key... :lol:

Once again, a big respect to the guys at 24's, especially to those who didn't use active steering (no offense to those who did, at that level the gain is minor i think, and the temptation is stong...)...

I happily share my lap...

I'm at 26.640, P152, which by all means isn't top tier, but maybe this will help some DS3 users.

65/65
8/12
1/2
2/9 (yep, 9)
5/1
0/0
0/.10

Trans at 180 (290 km)

6/8/25

High turbo and weight reduced then power adjusted

I'm running 6/1 brakes, but of course, that's preference.
This works good for me with a wheel too. Keep in mind that i am a complete wheel noob tho. Gained two seconds after having used a different tune by a respectable tuner for a long time :P, still not anywhere near 1.26 though :P

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean?? Do you think that there is any kind of cheat in my lap?? :confused:
No cheat at all. But you did cut the chicane pretty hard. Sometimes PD allows it. Sometimes you get red lapped for less. I just wish it was always on the same level....;)
So I try to completely avoid the curbs, just to be sure.

This was the 1st seasonal tt that i enjoyed so much... i think the first one (in GT6) that i tried more then once, and not only this, but also ran over 1000Km... (it's irrelevant that i wasted half of those by spinning around... :D).

My last (successful) run was 1:25,366. Had a few chances το sneak in to 24's... but all of them messed up at the left hander before the last chicane... After that, put the car in the garage, locked the door, and accidentally lost the key... :lol:

Once again, a big respect to the guys at 24's, especially to those who didn't use active steering (no offense to those who did, at that level the gain is minor i think, and the temptation is stong...)...

I happily share my lap...

Congrats mate!

I started like you, liking and repating a difficult event with a LFA... And after that I grinded most of the events that PD have issued, improving event after event. So, welcome to the club and I hope to see you repeating this experience in the next batch of time trials. 👍

So, they let us cut the chicane ???
I did not know you could get away with that...

There was no cutting of the chicane at all, not even close as he clearly had two wheels on the track at all times, which is pretty much the standard rule in these events, as well as in the WRS. To insinuate that he was cutting the chicane is just wrong and makes it sound like he was totally cutting the corners altogether, as in completely going off the track. Granted, there are some tracks where the boundaries may be a bit more strict, but you use as much of the track as allowed, otherwise you are just hurting yourself if you are trying for a best lap. A good driver will always test the boundaries to see just how much they can get away with without being penalized.

...Granted, there are some tracks where the boundaries may be a bit more strict...
This was the (only) point I was trying to make, in case you or someone else may have missed it.
It is even so that the boundaries differ from seasonal to seasonal on the same tracks. Hence my wish for being it always the same.

Now, being completely happy and relieved to finish a clean lap with this car, I really don't take the risk of getting a DSQ, which is why I completely avoid the curbs.

Looking at the video of @petaloudas it struck me how much was allowed at the last chicane, that's all there is to it.
I never said he was cutting corners altogether (don't know where you get that from).

Looking at the vid again, the "cutting" I was referring to:

...two wheels on the track at all times...
:confused:

Schermafbeelding%202015-04-15%20om%2009.59.14.png

Schermafbeelding%202015-04-15%20om%2010.01.06.png

Anyway: nice lap from @petaloudas and if it's allowed, I have no problems with it.
But again: the rules should always be the same...

Last edited:
^^ 2 wheels are on the track.. Red and white rumbles are classed as track. We're not here to put in beautiful, slow, gentilmanly laps.. We're here to ring the cars neck and squeeze every little bit of time and speed out of the track and cars limits..

Edit: just had one last go before it ends. Managed to reach my goal of 1:24's quickly! With a few hours I could see a mid 24.

Must be because I just fitted and had my first laps with my bad ass ferrari f1 wheel!! :dopey::dopey:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Final time for me was 1:26.170 for P225. (With DS3, ABS1)

Was happy to make the top 250 until I realized I was on top of my friend leader board, so something must be wrong??
Than I found out by the interesting information from @geezer1791 (thanks 👍 , see link below) that there where only 85,440 participants in this Time Trail agains the almost 300.000 for the VGT ones.

I really enjoyed this TT but obviously not a lot of people did. Are so many people gone to other games??

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erboards-11-10-14.300214/page-9#post-10620601

Final time for me was 1:26.170 for P225. (With DS3, ABS1)

Was happy to make the top 250 until I realized I was on top of my friend leader board, so something must be wrong??
Than I found out by the interesting information from @geezer1791 (thanks 👍 , see link below) that there where only 85,440 participants in this Time Trail agains the almost 300.000 for the VGT ones.

I really enjoyed this TT but obviously not a lot of people did. Are so many people gone to other games??

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erboards-11-10-14.300214/page-9#post-10620601

I think about 100k is normal for a TT so maybe the F40 put off a few of the faint-hearted but not that many. The VGT ones are going to attract a lot more casual players because you get a cool car just for doing a lap. So your top 250 is not so bad after all. I loved this event and wish I'd had more time for it. Did it stock and with Stotty's tune but probably most fun was trying (and failing) to do it on CS.

Latest Posts

Back