United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap: Eifel Flat

TT#46 - 550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap @ Eifel Flat.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#46] - 550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap @ Eifel Flat.jpg

Tunes:
Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Nissan GT-R '07 by SilverSE102

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 by Ed_Night

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02 by TheInfamousJEW6

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by Stotty

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
First I tried my gtr spec v and missed gold my first lap by .1 seconds. Since I don't know this track I figured I'd try some of my normally fast 550 cars but on comfort soft tires I was having a hard time. Tried the McLaren mp4 and got gold fairly easily, then ran it again and got gold time with spec v. These heavier cars get good traction here and it's fun to use something different than nsx, zz2,gsxr, ect.

NSX-R is such a fabulous car to drive :D

20 mins in and 1'38.6 for an early top 10.

1'38.023

Was on for a time well in the 37's but made a small mistake braking for the penultimate corner, then got a bit sideways on the exit of the final corner.

Nice combo 👍
Nice lap! You got a setup ready or is it still being worked on?

Managed a silver in a Black Edition GTR with @praiano63 tune. Still 2 seconds away from gold though. What cars and tunes are being used? I tried 5 different cars before the GTR. I realized after many red laps that I'm driving this way too hard. Please list some cars and tunes.

Used the GSX/R with @praiano63 tune for gold. It is very tail happy and after 6 red laps I finally put a good lap together. Only by .1 but gold nonetheless. I won't be going back unless there are some other cars and tunes listed. Now to try and find .5 in the 700PP lap.

Attachments

• 20151105_214549.jpg
    20151105_214549.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
1:37.659 for P1. Well that was unexpected. :lol:
Yep, I was thinking it's 'your' tune we need a bo peep at, not Stotty's, ha ha.

In any case I'm using an old (mostly) Cargorat tune and chasing your ghost, now sitting on 1:39.880 for #62.

My first outing here was in the McLaren MP4-12C. Silver was a struggle with it. Just no grip, at all.

So I took the description's recommendation and went with the Tommykaira ZZII. What a difference. Got gold on my second or third lap. I love the MP4-12C stock on SH tires, but here, with CS tires, the ZZII is a beast.

Managed to get a 1:43.442 with my GT-R '07, I used my own tune. But there is room for improvement, I use active steering strong, TC 1 and abs 1. If my tune can help anyone here it is. Or if you can improve on it, I'm open for suggestions.
PP: 550
Max power: 497 Hp
Weight: 1,438 kg
Weight distribution: 50/50
Tires: comfort soft
Suspension
Ride height: 95/85
Spring rate: 11.41/6.32
Dampers compression: 9/1
Dampers Extension: 1/9
Anti roll bars: 6/6
Camber: 0/0
Toe angle: -.22/-.05
Racing brakes: 7/5
Transmission
Reset and set max speed to minimum and adjust final gear to 2.683
Drivetrain
LSD
Initial torque: 7/7
Acceleration: 18/18
Brake: 13/13
Twin plate clutch kit
Carbon drive shaft
Torque split 35/65
Power
Power limiter: 99.6
Isometric exhaust manifold
Body
Weight reduction: stage 3
Hood: Carbon hood (body color)
Windows: window weight reduction
Ballast weight: 44kg
Ballast position: 50%

Nice lap! You got a setup ready or is it still being worked on?

Looks like you found a good balance :)

My set-up is what was on the car last time I used it (the Red Bull Ring event, I think). I just put CS tyres on it, reduced the ppts and lowered the LSD a bit to help with the less grippy tyres (was on SH last time).

From what I remember, the important bits were;

Ride 85 80
Springs at minimum
Dampers all at 3
No toe or camber
Brakes 7 5
LSD 5 12 5
Max downforce
Full weight reduction, power limiter to reach ppt limit.

It's got plenty of rotation, but also has some annoying brake release oversteer which I'll try and reduce.

I have a couple of NSX-R's; one with chassis strengthening, one without. Not sure which one I used last night, or even if the chassis needed a 'refresh', but it felt good... will probably have a proper go over the weekend as the weather forecast is too rubbish to do anything outside.

New to GT6 and tried the 700pp Autumn Ring and hated the Chapparel, jesus that things horrible. Looking forward to trying this one though with a normal car, I'll try out @Stottys tune :) Thanks for sharing.

Had a quick stint drinking few beers and learning the layout of the track using tune based on previous tune provided by @eclipsee in some past TT at Tsukuba, it's really loose but ok, made time 1:39.062 witch was pretty good... For gears I made the basic "gear flip" using 3.500 as initial final. Track seemed pretty nice and NSX is way more fun than that damned Suzuki... Good luck guys :cheers:

EDIT: Heh just noticed that @Stotty had posted hes tune, thanks mate, I really have to give it a try later :) 👍

Now that I'm looking your tune, it's almost the same that I had, but I had dampers all at 2 and RH 85 85. Tried it at all on threes, but felt bit too slippery.. Maybe bit more control is needed :odd:

Last edited:
ODB
EDIT: Heh just noticed that @Stotty had posted hes tune, thanks mate, I really have to give it a try later :) 👍

Now that I'm looking your tune, it's almost the same that I had, but I had dampers all at 2 and RH 85 85. Tried it at all on threes, but felt bit too slippery.. Maybe bit more control is needed :odd:

No surprise :)

Ramon and I spent quite a bit of time working on the NSX-R tune for the RBR event... IIRC, he had more front ride than I did... but then he's a better driver, so he could manage the extra rotation!

Plus a lot of the settings are pretty much the same whatever the car - toe and camber for example, will almost always be zero, ARB's almost always 7, LSD initial and decel usually 5.

i hate comfort tyres :ouch::banghead:

Hehehe... I love them. You have to be so much more precise on brake/throttle/steering :)

Ramon and I spent quite a bit of time working on the NSX-R tune for the RBR event...

Never really took events at RBR too seriously for I didn't like the track for I somehow managed to mess everything up there all the time... weird track if you ask me :D heheheh, but yeah, this was the tune I used at Tsubuka and it was based on eclipse's tune he posted at some point... But anyways, good luck man and thanks for the tune, I'll get back to this next weeks so see you guys then, enjoy your weekend hombres :cheers:

Back