550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap: Eifel Flat

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 211 comments
Had a quick 10 minute session last night but quit due to frustration. I can get halfway around the first hairpin just barely ahead of my friends list and then I just fall behind on the exit and the tighter corners. Fundamentally I'm doing something wrong.

Today when I get home I'm going to study some replays and load up some laps in the data logger to figure out why and where I'm having problems.

Out of the few TT's I have tried I have never had this much of a problem keeping up, top 50's come relatively easy. Lack of effort is usually to blame for any further improvement after that but in this case I'm just baffled by my inability to even come out of the first hairpin on pace. I can't blame the tune because I have tried stotty's, doodle's and a mix of both to no avail.

Hopefully I can work this out because I know it will immensely improve my skillset and I'll see gains in everything else I do in gran turismo.

Good luck to you all, I hope everyone accomplishes their goals.

Had a quick 10 minute session last night but quit due to frustration. I can get halfway around the first hairpin just barely ahead of my friends list and then I just fall behind on the exit and the tighter corners. Fundamentally I'm doing something wrong.

Today when I get home I'm going to study some replays and load up some laps in the data logger to figure out why and where I'm having problems.

Out of the few TT's I have tried I have never had this much of a problem keeping up, top 50's come relatively easy. Lack of effort is usually to blame for any further improvement after that but in this case I'm just baffled by my inability to even come out of the first hairpin on pace. I can't blame the tune because I have tried stotty's, doodle's and a mix of both to no avail.

Hopefully I can work this out because I know it will immensely improve my skillset and I'll see gains in everything else I do in gran turismo.

Good luck to you all, I hope everyone accomplishes their goals.

It's all about exit speed... So slow(er) in, absolutely no understeer at the apex, then 75-80% throttle, gradually adding more as you get the lock off

Key is to avoid sliding the front on the way in as this allows you to use more gas.

That's the theory bit... Execution is another thing all together :lol:

I've seen some of your lap times... You're more than capable of a good time... And it will come soon as you suss the technique :)

Getting the hang it now slowly but surely. Took a half second off my time and feeling confident I can drop it more. 88th at the moment.

Anyone have a tranny setup I can steal quick?

Anyone have a tranny setup I can steal quick?

Basic "gear flip" initial final @3.400 right on the limiter coming to first turn so perhaps bit higher initial final would do the trick also... Good luck!

Edit: "gear flip" is done as follows:

Default gears, set initial final to 3.400, top speed to min. 1st gear to min (all way to the left) 2nd gear to min, 3rd don't touch, 4th don't touch yet, 5th to max (all way to the right) 6th gear max, then adjust 4th gear so it looks to fit with other gears on the diagram at the left, the move final gear to minimum.. Hope it went right and makes some sense :D

And talking about feathering the inputs, first snow hear in finland and my work car is rear wheel drive vito and I have summer tires under it :D I said this before, but feels bit like driving lotus 97T on comfort tires :D pretty "exciting" :D

image.jpg

Sorry for bit tilted pic, I was coming 30km/h in to that left turn feeling like it's going wide :D at the times like this I'm quite happy that I've played GT as much as I have :D hehehe, have a great weekend guys :cheers:

Last edited:
ODB
Basic "gear flip" initial final @3.400 right on the limiter coming to first turn so perhaps bit higher initial final would do the trick also... Good luck!

Edit: "gear flip" is done as follows:

Default gears, set initial final to 3.400, top speed to min. 1st gear to min (all way to the left) 2nd gear to min, 3rd don't touch, 4th don't touch yet, 5th to max (all way to the right) 6th gear max, then adjust 4th gear so it looks to fit with other gears on the diagram at the left, the move final gear to minimum.. Hope it went right and makes some sense :D

And talking about feathering the inputs, first snow hear in finland and my work car is rear wheel drive vito and I have summer tires under it :D I said this before, but feels bit like driving lotus 97T on comfort tires :D pretty "exciting" :D

View attachment 482432

Sorry for bit tilted pic, I was coming 30km/h in to that left turn feeling like it's going wide :D at the times like this I'm quite happy that I've played GT as much as I have :D hehehe, have a great weekend guys :cheers:

We are supposed to get that snow here tomorrow. Thanks for the explantion of shifted gearing ODB. It allowed me to knock another 3 tenths off for a 1:38:022 for 55th and that was after 3 laps. Hoping to join the 1:37 crowd and go top 50 later today. You guys haver been such a huge help to so many. Shows what a good setup can do. I aways do well in assigned (loaned) cars but coud not setup a car if my life depended on it but that is changing thanks to you guys.

Right behind stotty now. My first corner is freakin fantastic now. But I lose a bit on the rest. Oh well, Making progress.

Just used the data logger for the first time. I'm neck and neck trading places with immortal until turn 4-5 depending on how you count them. That makes me feel good. Hopefully I can nail down the rest of the track. (Yea right)

How much time do you guys put into these things? I just put in 40 minutes or so but usually get bored within 20. I wish I could stand to put 2 hours straight in but I can't bring myself to sit there racing by myself that long.

Oh, and of all the tunes posted. This one seems to be the best for me. Modified rajman tune.

85 62
4.43 6.61
4 4
5 5
7 7
0 0
0 0

5 5 brakes

LSD

9 15 5

I used the trans explained a few posts up but started with 3.450 instead. With ratio's as listed.

1/2 doesn't matter.

Final at 2.550.

Last edited:
Right behind stotty now. My first corner is freakin fantastic now. But I lose a bit on the rest. Oh well, Making progress.

Just used the data logger for the first time. I'm neck and neck trading places with immortal until turn 4-5 depending on how you count them. That makes me feel good. Hopefully I can nail down the rest of the track. (Yea right)

How much time do you guys put into these things? I just put in 40 minutes or so but usually get bored within 20. I wish I could stand to put 2 hours straight in but I can't bring myself to sit there racing by myself that long.

Finally clicked in to to place :)

Session wise, I normally wouldn't bother setting my wheels up unless I knew I had a hour free. Once I get close to my limit it might take me half that time just to get the feel back and get down (or close) to my previous best... 30 mins is less than full 20 laps.

Improvements normally come around the hour mark.

Occasionally, I might run a couple of hours, but that's unusual.

1:37.490, tied with you!

Wow that's amazing lap time mate :D hehehe, congrats, looking forward to test those settings you posted :) 👍

Great job man :bowdown: I had few opportunities for improvement on friday but kept loosing few tenths in those last two corners on every good lap...

Improvements normally come around the hour mark.

Heheh yeah, usually takes me around half an hour to get in to speed, but takes another half an hour to get used to the adrenaline... I've messed up countless laps for getting too excited and I've come to the conclusion that I really need to spend a lot of time behind the wheel just to get used the pressure :scared: hehehe, I've also figured that perhaps it's one of the reasons I like this game so much, it really requires me to overcome MYSELF if 'i want to make best possible lap times :dopey: hehehe, definitely going to but few more hours on this one so see you guys next week, hopefully I have some lap times to post :D 👍

Last edited:
It weird with this seasonal I can get within a tenth of my fastest lap even on the first go. Usually it takes me a bit to catch my best but for some reason I'm just instantly in the groove with this one. In fact most of my improvements come within the first 15 minutes and then I struggle to match it after that haha.

Ah I had just gotten in front of you too stotty! I can nail the first sector and sometimes the second sector right on par with the top ten but my third sector is where I lose all the time and fudge most of my laps. Gonna focus on the last sector tonight and see if I can put something together.

I have been up a few car lengths on my ghost and even ahead of docks blue line by half a length before the long right hander so if I can figure out my issues with the last sector I should theoretically be able to get into the 36's. But ofcourse, being able to do it, and doing it are entirely different things :boggled:

Immortal is crazy. Right from the start of every TT he's setting the bar and close to the limit of what's possible. While I sit here and chip away at my times tenth by tenth, having to Study the techniques of others to improve. I'm sure if I consistently did the time trials I would be much better off but I don't think I could ever do what he does. Hats off to that guy.

Speaking of immortal the way he tackles the very first corner suggests to me he's got even more rotation out of his setup than I do. I'm running 85 62 ride height and I can't take the first high speed right the way he does.

Also, has anyone worked out the gears he's using? He quick shifts to 4th very very early. When I do it I lose time so he must have 4th really close to his 3rd gear.

Last edited:
Well guys this is just another big thank you. I hit all my targets which were top 50 and at least a 1:37:xxx. I am now at position 35 with a 1:37:622. I just knocked off .301 to go from 55th to 35th spot. What I have learned is that more often than not those up front are not only setup artists but truly gifted drivers, Then you get the next group that are capable ( i'm in this group ) but don't know how capable unless we get lucky and find a great setup. Thanks to those who participated in this thread I think a lot of people found out what they are capable of when on equal footing. This TT due to this thread and its posters has been the most fun I have had on GT6 in a long time. Thank you all and I hope you have found that helping others achieve their goals on this time trial brings you all as much joy as it brings those you helped.

Now to just keep my top 50 over the next 10 days :) Hope you all continue KickingA__TakingNames

Ok after few nights fiddling around with the setup I decided that I must go back to the one I was already using for softer/slower dampers made me loose the balance too easily... After changing dampers, gears snd RH back to way they were I still was struggling to meet my record so I took on to watch some replays, after seeing first replay I realized that I must use a different line in few places (especially in two last corners) and then it started to feel like I was back in the speed I was last week... Seemed like I had bit forgotten about few places on the track during the weekend :D just wondering if the non-stop partying from friday to sunday has something to do with the memory loss :D Hehehe, naah, I should watch more replays but I'm too eager to drive myself :D hehehe... Well never the less I made a REALLY nice improvement getting down to 37.315 earning me 20th place ATM :dopey: 👍 on that lap I was exactly a tenth behind my ghost (at 37.440) on last sector so there could still be bit more time for me on this one now that I'm really starting to realize how tackle some of those corners... I mean for example how you want to have the braking line directly in to the apex for that second last corner instead of trying to come from bit further trying to carry more speed having wider line....

Made few changes on setup:

RH 85 62 dampers all at 7 brakes 5 5 LSD 5 17 5 and my 4th gear is now 3.099 to otherwise still using gears I posted earlier...

In fact most of my improvements come within the first 15 minutes and then I struggle to match it after that haha.

Heheh, took me 2 damn hours to get that improvement today :D Heheh, I've done few 6 hour stints driving these TT's and that is honestly just stupidity :D it's like I was in a dream like state for last two hours and it's guaranteed improvements will not come after exhausting yourself not being able to even see properly anymore :D good thing on those longer stint was that the next stint felt ridiculously easy and the driving line really is inserted in to the back bone after some 4-6 hour session :D hehehe, I've once made it to top ten (at fuji in lexus VGT) and I played MINIMUM two hours a day just to keep myself on the task, well perhaps I had few days that I didn't drive, but during that 4 weeks the event registration was open I think I did easily over 3000 km (probably over 6k now that I think of it :D) and even on Fuji on a fast car like that it doesn't come that easily :lol: hehehe, oh god I was honestly going out of my freaking mind after that event, but I can assure that 7th place was worth every second spend on the track :D not sure I'm going to do anything like that in a while though, I think that event left me scarred :lol: :lol: hahha, ok ok I'm getting carried away sorry guys... Heheh, but yeah, I think I did my record lap on that Fuji event around 3 hours mark on the last evening (IIRC) so when playing daily and being in good shape improvements might still come after banging few hours your head on the wall...not very probable though so take it easy guys :lol:

I am now at position 35 with a 1:37:622. I just knocked off .301

Congrats man great lap :cheers:

What I have learned is that more often than not those up front are not only setup artists but truly gifted drivers, Then you get the next group that are capable ( i'm in this group ) but don't know how capable unless we get lucky and find a great setup. Thanks to those who participated in this thread I think a lot of people found out what they are capable of when on equal footing.

Yeah absolutely, I found out about this forum few years a go trying to find some tunes to use for online racing etc. I somehow found myself from TT thread and besides it containing few good looking (and praised) tunes I gave it a go... I was sort of hoping that I'm able to make it around top 1000 or something and honestly speaking I was more than surprised to make it the top 500 or something, I think it might have been 330th place or something, but never the less I got quite excited for I really loved playing GT bit younger but hadn't played for years so I knew I'll do even better with some practice :dopey: took me few years but now I can probably get in to the top 50 most of the TT's so with some good tunes and practice there's quite a lot you can do... BUT the problem really is how to get EVEN faster :D I mean now after like two years I'm reaching my potential and even though I believe increasing one's potential is possible, it sure is really freaking difficult for getting better reflects, coordination and concentration would definitely take a total lifestyle change for me and I can openly admit not being able to do it, so I think I have to settle on to the level I currently am, and yeah. like it says in my signature, you don't have to be the best, good enough will do for me so what could be better than having such a nice hobby and being able to converse about it on such a great forum just makes it perfect :D hehehe, probably going to see if I'm getting PS4 after X-mas but until then I'll be bothering you guys here at the GTP :D :D

Good luck guys, sorry for the text wall :lol: :lol: :gtpflag:

EDIT: I was quite happy for that top ten it seems :D https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-fuji-speedway-f.325628/page-4#post-10616838

EDIT2: Ok heh heh :D seems like those lines I learned yesterday really helped and improved down to 37.152 taking me to 14th place, only bit under 2 tenths from top ten and with some insane luck I could make it so I think I try it out few more times... Got really damn distracted making such a huge improvement after driving only half an hour and could not gather my concentration after that... Really literally going to need some luck to make even a tiny bit faster lap but I was able to catch on my ghost in few places so giving it a go is almost a must... pffft, I get hooked too easily on this stuff, funnier than doing dishes though :D

oh yeah, rear RH 65 bit higher rear seemed to make the start bit easier and there's still plenty of rotation...

Last edited:
hey there, my first post so be kind :-)

I read the whole thread now because i was struggling hard do get Gold on this timetrial.
Tryed each an every car and setting mentioned here and got stuck at about 46.something.
At least i managed a low 44 with a zzII due to all your posts. Thanks for that :bowdown:

A can not even imagine how it is possible to go under 1.40 and therefore i consider i'm doing something awfully wrong. :-)

I'm using DS3 (as many others do) and automatic (noone else does :-) ) and little TC, ABS, AS as it comes.

But no matter how hard i try i dont find the missing 4-7 seconds on the track.
The harder i push the more i slide of the track or get stuck in the apex with orange and red tyres on the front. :banghead:

so please what am i doing wrong ?

thanks in advance for your help

Not knowing what tune you're using, it sounds like you're overdriving the car and going into the corners way too hot. Try concentrating on getting the car slowed more for the corner entry to give yourself a better exit.

I don't know how the setups posted in this thread by the top drivers translate to the DS3 but if you wanted to try a good and stable setup for the NSXR Prototype, have a look at @praiano63's tune that he set up for Mid-Field a while back.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ull-x2014-junior.291084/page-104#post-9948418

Not the quickest setup but it's very forgiving and gives you the confidence to push your limit.

Drop the turbo, up the power limiter to 550pp and play around with the final gear as I left it as is. Probably a few tenths to be gained tightening it up.

I use the DS3 and did a time of 1:140.5 and left at least a second on my lap. That's using TC1, ABS1 and auto gearbox.

...and welcome to GTPlanet.:gtpflag:

I'm affraid youre some kind of right.
I have always a tremendous laptime till i reach the first corner braking as late as possible to slide to the apex an all cornerspeed ist gone. Is it this your talking about ? ... :rolleyes:

Is there shared stuff anywhere where one can watch how others are driving the track?
Sorry for asking , but i'm also totally new to PSN. Last GT Game i played is years ago.

an thanks for nice wellcome to GTPlanet. Hope this will be fun in here :D

hey there, my first post so be kind :-)

I read the whole thread now because i was struggling hard do get Gold on this timetrial.
Tryed each an every car and setting mentioned here and got stuck at about 46.something.
At least i managed a low 44 with a zzII due to all your posts. Thanks for that :bowdown:

A can not even imagine how it is possible to go under 1.40 and therefore i consider i'm doing something awfully wrong. :-)

I'm using DS3 (as many others do) and automatic (noone else does :-) ) and little TC, ABS, AS as it comes.

But no matter how hard i try i dont find the missing 4-7 seconds on the track.
The harder i push the more i slide of the track or get stuck in the apex with orange and red tyres on the front. :banghead:

so please what am i doing wrong ?

thanks in advance for your help

My advice is to stop driving the car so hard that you're sliding it around. Slow is fast. Brake so that you have grip with no sliding on turn in, exit speed is far more important than entry speed. On the straights obviously its flooring the gas but in the corners it's a must to have the car under control. Once mid corner pick your exit line and start picking up the throttle but if you spin you lose time. Control, control control. Good luck and if you do nothing but what I suggested you will get gold. Use the same car as most of us, the Honda NSX LM road car.

I have always a tremendous laptime till i reach the first corner braking as late as possible to slide to the apex an all cornerspeed ist gone. Is it this your talking about ? ... :rolleyes:

Is there shared stuff anywhere where one can watch how others are driving the track?
Sorry for asking , but i'm also totally new to PSN. Last GT Game i played is years ago.

Go into online rankings in the track menu and load up the fastest replays and study them and make sure you use the world rankings and not friends.

Watch the replays of the top 10 - you can download them from the rankings list. You will see very little sliding - maybe a tiny rear slide on the way in to the corner to point the car at the apex, but no big slides.

Focus on exit speed, not entry speed!!

Thanks for all your responses.
I found the ranking list in the "My Page" site under SeasonalEvents for each event. incl. my rank 14265 :lol:

but i do not find any downloadable content anywhere. Did i get ist wrong ? is there another list anywhere else ?

Thanks for all your responses.
I found the ranking list in the "My Page" site under SeasonalEvents for each event. incl. my rank 14265 :lol:

but i do not find any downloadable content anywhere. Did i get ist wrong ? is there another list anywhere else ?
in the game where you play. the final screen just where you hit drive

Nihamavasa,

It is definitely NOT because of using a DS3 instead of a wheel or due to using an auto transmission instead of manual. Those things can make the difference of a few tenths of a second, but not 5-7 seconds, nor anywhere close to that.

I know this for a fact, because, I personally always use a DS3 and use automatic transmission, never manual, so, I always click open the Details Popup menus of all the drivers in the Top 250 of the world rankings, to check and see how far off from the #1 spot and the #1 time the fastest DS3 user is, and the fastest DS3-automatic-transmission user is, so that I can see how fast I'd have to go to be the fastest DS3 user with an auto transmission, etc. Usually there are multiple people in the top 50 or top 100 or so, using a DS3, and even a DS3 on automatic transmission.

That q-DOCK-q guy and Ed_Night are usually the highest ranked DS3 users, sometimes finishing in the top 10 (and back in the day, DoodleMonopoly sometimes went Top 3, or would be in the #1 spot in the world with his DS3 controller, etc), and as for people who use BOTH a DS3 AND an Automatic transmission, I think usually that "Kerze" guy (he has some other version of his name as well, but both names have "Kerze" in them, usually tends to be the highest ranked DS3 + Automatic Transmission guy, usually around the Top 50 or so. And, I think if Ed_Night or q-Dock-q were to use automatic transmissions with their DS3's, they'd probably go even faster than that, and pretty close to where they end up on their DS3 with manual trans, but maybe just a couple tenths slower (so, still top 15 or top 20 or something usually probably, in the entire world, out of 100,000+ entrants).

So, basically, don't spend time worrying about whether that is what it is, since it definitely isn't.

What it's really about is:

1. By far and away the most important: you have to drive extremely well. I mean, you gotta remember, there's literally more than 100,000 people trying the same event as you, who are also trying to put up a fast lap time, themselves. Picture a football stadium full of more than 100,000 people, each of them with a controller, sitting around putting up fastest lap times, you know? You can see how trying to be in the top 50 or top 10 out of that many people would be extremely difficult.

Making even one MINOR mistake, on a single turn, out of the entire lap, is usually gonna be enough to mean your time won't be in the top 50 even if the entire rest of your lap was perfect. And making one serious mistake (like a full overslide through a corner to where your engine bogs down to where you are accelerating back from bogging down to nearly a standstill or something like that) is going to mean you will be nowhere near the top 1,000, just from that ONE mistake on that one turn, alone. Let alone if you have multiple mistakes throughout the lap, in which case you might not make top 10,000!

The good news is, you get to try as many times as you want! You don't just get one try!

So, what ends up happening is, if you give it enough tries, eventually you'll have the entire course MEMORIZED. (Literally). As in, you'll see in your head the exact shape, and sharpness of every single turn on the course BEFORE you reach said turns. Like, before you even begin a lap, you'll be able to just sit and close your eyes and see yourself driving your way through the entire lap, turn after turn, knowing each one by heart.

Once you get to that point, where you know all the curves before you reach them, that makes a HUGE difference, and that's where you'll start having a chance of producing a Top 1,000 time, rather than just struggling to even get a Gold time. Going from top 1,000 to top 100 takes even more than that though. You'd have to not just have every curve memorized, but also start getting closer and closer to taking all the curves at exactly the optimal speed, like down to the mile per hour, entering them at exactly the right angle and speed to take them as fast as possible to where your car is using every inch of the track, so that when you accelerate out of the curve, you come close but not quite flying off the track, like, your inner tire just barely scrapes the inner apex of the curve and outer tire just barely rides up on the outer curb as you exit the track, ON ITS OWN, like when you have the stick pushed all the way to the side and accelerator pushed all the way down on the exit, you've taken it at just the right speed and outside-inside-outside that that is just what the car ends up doing, going through the curve as fast as physically possible (if you do it perfectly). Unless of course that curve is setting up into another curve, in which case you wouldn't want to go fully outside inside outside, but rather, outside, past-inside, less-than-outside leading into the next opposing curve, but that's common sense, and you'll get the hang of that from doing lots of laps, and watching the replays of the Top 10 guys and how they do their laps.

2. Usually all the people in the entire top 30 or top 50 or so (not always, but usually) are gonna be using the same exact model of car. So, to begin with, unless you are trying to goof around and have some fun the way guys like Ed_Night often do on their alternate accounts by trying to get a high finish in a 2nd, different car model, just as a self-challenge type of thing, you're gonna want to start off by getting that EXACT model of car, and looking on here for some setups that people have tried out and made posts about like "Wow, this setup is really good/fast", or better, yet, a setup that a top ranked guy, in the top 10 or top 20 in the world, has posted on here, etc. But if the setup doesn't vibe well with your style, like it seems to spin out way too easily, you can always try out some other setups (for the same car) until you find one that feels more stable to you. These will usually be slightly slower setups once you are at that highest level where you are trying to squeeze ever last hundredth out of a lap time, but, when you are multiple seconds off the fastest times, it's more important to find something that is still pretty fast, but a lot more "stable", rather than something that is theoretically even a little faster (when used expertly), but a lot less stable, and a lot harder to control, for a beginner. As you get better and better at driving, THEN you can try working your way up to those maxxed out setups that are more twitchy/spin-happy to try to eek out those last few tenths.

3. If you are using Active Steering Strong, don't set your traction control all the way to like "10". I'd leave it more in the middle, like set at 5. If you set it all the way to 10, your car is gonna start behaving really weird where it literally won't even obey your commands at all when you try to accelerate out of a curve. You'll be pressing the accelerator, but the car literally won't even accelerate at all until you are all the way done turning the wheels through the curve, since it won't allow any amount of loss of rear wheel traction at all whatsoever (which is a bad thing). So, try lowering the Traction control down to 5 and Active Steering on Strong or Mild, and you can even try lowering the traction control 1 notch at a time down to 4 or 3 if you find you are able to make it through curves without spinning out. Just use trial and error and see what the lowest setting is that you can use and still not be constantly spinning out off the track on every corner. (Although, you should also be trying to get better at that, as well. Like, keep in mind that there are guys who don't use any Active Steering at all AND don't use any traction control at all, even though they are using a DS3, and they still manage to get around the track super fast without any blatant errors, and finish in the top 20 or whatever, so, it is possible, it just takes a lot of throttle control and a very delicate touch on the joystick as you are going through a curve. But, if that seems too difficult to where it takes all the fun out of doing runs because 99% of the runs end up spinning out on the first curve, obviously adjust accordingly and use some traction control and Active Steering if you want to, just use what seems most optimal at the time, and then try to slowly lower it down from there as you get better over time).

good luck

Last edited:
thanks a lot for this comprehensive Post.

first of all i like to say. i don't wonder about NOT being in TOP 10, 50 , 100 or even Not in Top 1000. Im to realisticall to target this ... :rolleyes:

I know there a lots of Gamer who practice a lot more than me and they for shure are a lot more confident with this hole thing.
I definitivly have a lot of respect for there skills, abilitys and expertise and I would never try to compare with anyone of them.

At least I just try to find out what makes it difficult for me to improve my driving.

a big help was the mentioning of reviews of the top 10 rounds.
Although they are far (very far) away from what I#M doing on this track they gave me an impression of whats going wrong.

at least everything ... :D

I used the datalogger to compare one of those with my best round.

I draw the following conclusion:
Speed on the straight is nearly ok.
Breakpoints late enough. Although entry speed is noch constant enough.
What i realy mess up is a constant corner speed. Sometimes i "hit" the corner speed of those best laps but then i feel to go wide or tyres start to scream or to slide , i reduce throttle or even brake, then i turn to the inside accelerate again and so on. Looks a bit like sawtooths :rolleyes:
Therefore the exitspeed of every corner is horrible.
In fact its not ONE corner i mess up its the same in every corner.

I'm affraid its all about practice, practice and if i'm through with this - practice again :lol:

On the other side I think I allready improved my corner behavior i bit.
I try to focuse on controlling cornerspeed and constant speed (not very high but at least constant) and acceleration.
The Indianapolis 600 PP Event allready feels a lot more easy.

Thank you all for supporting me lame duck :gtpflag:

Heh, yea I know what you are saying as far as those long, continuous-style curves in terms of hitting them at the correct speed in the entry, but then sliding too far out too early if you mash the gas too much while you are in the process of making your way around the long bend, and having to let off the gas, and try to rotate the nose back in and wait for the car to slide back in before hitting the gas again.

Ideally of course, you don't want the car to be "sawing" back and forth all the way across the track like that while it's rounding the curve. Instead, (as you've seen now from watching those Top 10 replays), ideally you want to try to get it to look more smooth and fluid where it just stays the same distance from the curve, other than slowly making way to apex and then releasing back out from apex on the exit.

One track I would recommend using for practice, to get better at this, is "Tsukuba" (when you are in your Garage, you can go drive any car you want on it at any time by just clicking "test drive" and then it's in the "World Circuits" menu.

It's a very short track, takes 1 minute or less to get around it, and it's got one enormous moderate speed curve at the end of its final straight away leading to the finish line.

Learning how to get around that curve smoothly, and learning how not to bleed off any more speed than necessary as you drive around it, will help you a lot with all the other curves of this sort, and even some of different sorts, on all the other tracks in the game.

The best thing is, whenever you click pause and select the "retry" button on that track when you are in Test Drive/Free Run mode, it'll start you off right in the leadup to that exact curve, so, if you want, you can literally just practice that curve over and over, and just keep hitting retry as soon as you finish going around the curve, so you can just do it like 10 seconds at a time, retry, do it again, over and over and practice it like dozens of times in the span of just a few minutes. You can pay attention to what your MPH speed is as you cross the start/finish line at the end of the curve (which is when the timed lap officially begins). For example, at the 500pp level, with Sports Hard tires, I know that I have screwed the turn up really badly if I'm going less than 100 mph when I cross the start/finish line on Tsukuba in Test Drive/Free Run mode. Ideally I should be going more like 103-105 mph or so. But sometimes, if I mangle it up really badly, I'll be going just like 90-95 mph. So, that's an easy way to learn how well or not well you went around that curve, as far as bleeding off too much speed on the exit of that curve.

So, I'd recommend giving that a try, and see if maybe practicing that 1 specific curve might help you improve your cornering ability in general. It's also a great track overall (my favorite in the game! so maybe I'm a little biased, hahaha).

Don't get too discouraged. Just remember, even if the game can seem frustrating at first, if your laps aren't as smooth or fast as you'd like them to be, it can be really satisfying when you get in enough practice that you start to see significant, permanent improvements in your times, and see your lap time rankings start to improve by large amounts as you get better.

Also, have you tried using a "ghost"?

If you select the "save replay" option of any of the Top 10 times from the rankings leaderboard, you can select the "load ghost" option before you begin your lap, in the options menu at the track.

But, if those guys are too fast, and are pulling out of sight after the first curve or two, what I'd recommend is to select the "save fastest lap" option of your own best lap of a session, and then that way, the next time you do a session, you can select the "load ghost" option and pick one of your own laps to use for the ghost car, so you can chase your own best lap time around the track. As you improve, you'll start to be able to beat your own ghost more and more consistently, and then save those new faster lap ghosts and try to beat it again, and then save the even faster new lap for a new even faster ghost, and then beat that one, and so on and so forth. That can make doing laps a lot more fun, and also a great way to monitor your progress and gauge how fast you are going around the curves while you are in the middle of doing laps.

Latest Posts

Back