• 75 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP Pre-1980 American Cars Super Lap: Trial Mountain Circuit

TT#41 - 550PP Pre-1980 American Cars Super Lap @ Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#41] - 550PP Pre-1980 American Cars Super Lap @ Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I just did a single lap of 1:35.xxx and when I tried to exit out, the game went crazy on me. This is the second time this seasonal event has locked up... It's rotating camera shots of various parts of the track, but the menu is gone and I can't do anything. :grumpy: :mad: Looks like I'll just have to reboot the PS3. I hope no one else has trouble with this event...

They gave out matte pink when the game first came out also.

I don't know whose tune I have in my gt40, but my first lap was 1:33.395 and felt like I left a lot on the table, nice car.

I just did a single lap of 1:35.xxx and when I tried to exit out, the game went crazy on me. This is the second time this seasonal event has locked up... It's rotating camera shots of various parts of the track, but the menu is gone and I can't do anything. :grumpy: :mad: Looks like I'll just have to reboot the PS3. I hope no one else has trouble with this event...

I had trouble with last week seasonals, had to reset my ps3, download all the updates one by one, took me a full day...
Which I didn't wanted to do that every week.

If anyone is having any problem I'll give the link to enter PS3 recovery mode.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-access-the-ps3-recovery-menu.742780/

YAY!!! matte pink, been after that chip since i started GT6 at the start of 2014.

Edit: Got my GT40 out and used a random setup by me and i managed a good time.

21n01o4.jpg

Last edited:
I did get the Lexus LFA in Passionate Pink just to have that colour, so hopefully I can add this matte version. Just missed out on the win in the Trans Am.

I'll give @shaunm80 's Camaro a go, his tunes work well for me!

The only question remaining is should I paint the Miura or the 250GTO in matte pink... :P

I did get the Lexus LFA in Passionate Pink just to have that colour, so hopefully I can add this matte version. Just missed out on the win in the Trans Am.

I'll give @shaunm80 's Camaro a go, his tunes work well for me!

The only question remaining is should I paint the Miura or the 250GTO in matte pink... :P
Muira.. that is okay.. 250GTO?? Sacrilage. Ferrari's should never be painted pink..

The same happened to me a while ago. I left it alone and eventually the menu showed up on screen again. Only happened once though.

I went for the full muscle experience with a blown, Plum Crazy Charger 440 r/t with my own setup.

Almost 600bhp, but 50:50 weight distribution with full reduction - shows just how big these things are. Still, early brakes needed and don't hit the power until the weight has settled, then hold on for the face melting acceleration.

Great fun on a favourite track: 1:39.2xx.

I went with my 1967 Mercury Cougar to get gold on this one... as with a bunch of the older North American cars, it's aiming the car properly before pulling the trigger that helps you hit the target. Even this thing will roast tires all day if you let it.

Cheers

The same happened to me a while ago. I left it alone and eventually the menu showed up on screen again. Only happened once though.
How long did you wait? I waited at least 10 minutes. Maybe even longer because I left the room for a bit. I have a feeling that my GT6 install is severely messed up. I've also just started getting track problems on the Nordschleife where the track disappears and it looks like you're driving on trees & grass (from the background textures). It's crazy. I've NEVER experienced any issues with GT6 until 2 days ago. Now it seems to be one thing after another. If it happens again I'll have to try deleting GT6 from my PS3 and re-installing it.

Have an early 1:30.168 using the GT40 '66. Need to play some more with the suspension. Loosing most of my time in the last section. Fun TT, kind of miss the GSX-R, not.

Raised ride height to 75F and 79R to get me a bit better time of 1:29.519 for a early 30th place. Feel I have another .500-750 gain in me. Balances good on part throttle too in the twisty bits.

Last edited:
I used my GT40 15th Anniversary for this one. I didn't have a tune handy, so I just did some minor adjustments. Put down a 1:33.307 after about 5 laps. Looking forward to getting an Exeter tune for it to really hammer this one, I like this old-school track.

Tell me you have a tune for the GT40 MK I 15th Anniversary car.
@shaunm80 has a 550pp tune for the normal Gt40 MK1 '66, i tried it today on the 15th anniversary.
match the 550pp and the gearbox fits.Only use the sport hard tires.Maybe change lsd a bit
The normal GT40 MK1 '66 is a bit more stable then the 15th anniversary edition with those settings, but just a little bit more. Try it, i enjoyed it.

\edit: used both cars in different accounts, laptimes are very close, so the tune fits the 15th anniversary very well.(just 0.13 seconds, so 130 milliseconds difference(edit, just checked))

edit2: totally forgot about this tune.it's the GT40 mark 1 anniversary From @shaunm80

Last edited:
How long did you wait? I waited at least 10 minutes. Maybe even longer because I left the room for a bit...
Might have been about 10 minutes or so, just as you did. It hasn't happened again. Your hard drive seems to be acting up so a 4 hour re-install :ouch: might help. If not then try changing the hard drive.

Easy in the GT40, I fancy a go in the Stingray

You just might be at the wrong track. :P

@t_wilson01 I don't have the first clue as to what I should do at this point. I just tried driving a Free Lap around Nordschleife and the tarmac/road disappeared and I just had this blurred texture in front of me. Trying to hit the Start button and exiting the Free Drive just caused the game to go into a loop of some sort. I had the black screen with GT logo and the thing just sat there for 15 minutes this time. I finally held down the PS button and selected Quit Game. Sometimes that will lock up the whole PS3 and I'll have to pull the power cord. This time it actually quit the game for me and brought me back to the PS3 main menu.

I recall some people suggesting certain things to try in the Safe Mode of the PS3, but I don't remember what they are. Do you have any idea? If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to uninstall & reinstall GT6. Should I do a factory wipe of my PS3? I don't give a crap about anything else that's on my PS3 HDD.

Send me a PM if you wouldn't mind - I don't want to bore everyone in this thread with my nonsense. Unfortunately, I just don't know jack about PS3s...

Back