550PP Race Car Super Lap: Côte d'Azur

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 207 comments
Yes, driver skill is more important than the setup! I am running a new setup which got me the 1:22.078 for P2 about a week ago. This seasonal was my first real experience with tuning, and I found that the setup is very dependant on driving style. I won't release the full details of my new setup.. because I worked hard for it!! But some hints ;) -->

Use the setup I posted earlier and loosen up the rear end of the suspension on the car (dampers - compression/extension) a little bit, also anti roll bar could be loosened. Boost ride height (F65 - R56-61) This car isn't fast when it's super stiff in Monaco

Driving tips: you want the car to be a little bit oversteery on this track, the corners are extremely tight. getting the rear of the car to rotate faster allows you to get on the throttle quicker - its not how fast you enter the corner, its how early you can get on the throttle***. Get used to using the handbrake, I even give the handbrake a quick tap going into turn 1 about the same time that i brake.. (a very quick tap that is).

Hopefully this helps you guys, I've learned a lot from this seasonal. If you have questions feel free to ask me. Unfortunately there is no more time to be made up with tuning, I have reached the maximum. Now searching for that perfect lap to snatch P1 :D

Last edited:
Yes, driver skill is more important than the setup! I am running a new setup which got me the 1:22.078 for P2 about a week ago. This seasonal was my first real experience with tuning, and I found that the setup is very dependant on driving style. I won't release the full details of my new setup.. because I worked hard for it!! But some hints ;) -->

Use the setup I posted earlier and loosen up the rear end of the suspension on the car (dampers - compression/extension) a little bit, also anti roll bar could be loosened. Boost ride height (F65 - R56-61) This car isn't fast when it's super stiff in Monaco

Driving tips: you want the car to be a little bit oversteery on this track, the corners are extremely tight. getting the rear of the car to rotate faster allows you to get on the throttle quicker - its not how fast you enter the corner, its how early you can get on the throttle***. Get used to using the handbrake, I even give the handbrake a quick tap going into turn 1 about the same time that i brake.. (a very quick tap that is).

Hopefully this helps you guys, I've learned a lot from this seasonal. If you have questions feel free to ask me. Unfortunately there is no more time to be made up with tuning, I have reached the maximum. Now searching for that perfect lap to snatch P1 :D
If that is the case , then why not release your full set up? I can never understand this mentality from people. Put it all out there c,mon . Great effort with your time though.

@joeledward - Nobody posts world record setups as far as I can tell. Why would I risk everything I've worked so hard for? I guess people just want everything served on a silver platter eh? :lol: There are many players just a tenth or two behind me. Nonetheless my new setup is just an evolution of the one I posted on here. They are quite similar and again, it's suited for how I like to drive.

Last edited:
If that is the case , then why not release your full set up? I can never understand this mentality from people. Put it all out there c,mon . Great effort with your time though.

Wouldn't be expecting anyone to be posting there tunes. I luckily enough was given a good tune for a previous event by a very kind member but position to some means a lot. If I was good enough I'd help out but I don't find going for high positions too much fun unlike using slower vehicles 👍

Beautiful tune! I had a blast going round Monaco. What was your time? I achieved a 1:33.226 with a very close moment where I broke very late for the Nouvelle chicane. Very stable, gears were good. Nice work :cheers:

Hello Thomas2012
I try my Subaru and I just win in 1'34'180.
I'm not a good driver as you .Bravo for your chrono.:cheers:

@joeledward - Nobody posts world record setups as far as I can tell. Why would I risk everything I've worked so hard for? I guess you just want everything served on a silver ****ing platter eh? :lol: There are many players just a tenth or two behind me. Nonetheless my new setup is just an evolution of the one I posted on here. They are quite similar and again, it's suited for how I like to drive.
Not many do..that is the shame of it. With the exception of a few.." hansdampf "for one "Ednight' for another...can't think of others(top#10) at this time but probably 1 or 2 more? I do thank you for your previous tune though. Thats what I can't understand not releasing the whole tune , there is no prize to be won.
Risk....???Everything......??? What are you risking? Risking being a good guy and sharing your setup with others in the cough...cough community cough. Are you really afraid that someone may pass you with it? Why? If I was as fast as you and had a setup to match I would be proud to share it, and if it's all about the skill well I trust you will shine through.
And no I don't want everything on a silver platter, I work very hard for my times also. Congrats on your fantastic time again. Anyway that's enough baiting from me :lol::P Good luck with your future TT efforts :)

Edit I am very sorry to have left out the Legends "Rajman" and "Aughablo" who reveal their Alien tunes on a regular basis :bowdown: Very much appreciated

Last edited:
If i was on place 1 i give my tune to everybody. I cant because i use at gears and as strong. But if i find a great tune I will share it. This is no F1 race or something... It's just racing for fast rounds. Just for fun and see how quick you are. I dont race to get the best time in the world(not gonna happen). I take a time in my head and try to get it.

joeledward Totally agree with you.

Last edited:
Very doubtful the honest tuned up/setup reveal once they place 1st as some say they would. I may be wrong. I wouldnt share if I place 1st even 2nd.

It have to say: The last time a couple of top players posts there tune here.👍👍

It helps me in a couple tt's. I want wolf's 2J tune :lol:
You can with practice Kossie. Wolfs 2J tune would be very similar to hotsaucers tune .
I think Wolf is a test driver for PD hence he and lshooter went missing a while back, I personally believe they were too busy testing GT Sport ?
I respect hotsaucers view, but don't understand it . There is no rule to share and top drivers aren't obligated to, but this is a community and we should help each other as much as posible to get the most out of the game.

I am happy if someone else passes me it creates healthy rivalry, I just try and pass them again .
Anyway share tunes or don't share it's up to the individual , but if you do it helps the community more if you post the whole tune .
My view only , up to you.

@joeledward @Kossie I was in the same boat as you guys about a month ago, but I didn't realize I was capable of being top 10.. then top 3. Canada has never got a 1st place in a seasonal.. ever! I am very close and don't want some a-hole with AS strong playing day and night and getting a lucky lap in to beat me to it especially if I give them the setup which would be really.. stupid! I would have no problem giving my setup once ranking registrations over, but I guess it doesn't matter to you guys then :lol:

@joeledward @Kossie I was in the same boat as you guys about a month ago, but I didn't realize I was capable of being top 10.. then top 3. Canada has never got a 1st place in a seasonal.. ever! I am very close and don't want some a-hole with AS strong playing day and night and getting a lucky lap in to beat me to it especially if I give them the setup which would be really.. stupid! I would have no problem giving my setup once ranking registrations over, but I guess it doesn't matter to you guys then :lol:
I believe Turismo-lester got a 1st place way back in the GT5 days, but yeah these days it's really rare to see Canadians near the top. Also I know how you feel about setups. I've been in that position before. Luckily I'm not that good at tuning so even if I post my setup, someone usually comes up with something better than what I've made anyways and we all move to that one. :P

Onwards and upwards, I hope your rapid rise continues. All the best.

Last edited:
If it wasn`t for other players here posting and messaging me tunes I wouldn`t be as high in the rankings as I am(which is still pretty mediocre)...:cheers: :gtpflag:

That being said,just because someone posts their tune dosen`t me everyone can drive it,and get the same laptime...
I got 3 different tunes for this challenge and I can`t break my own time,some others tunes I just can`t drive at all....
:odd:
take for example brands hatch this month,I got 9 different tunes and I can`t improve my time,some tunes while they may get that driver in the top ** all they get me is a trip into the sand every time.... :crazy:

If it wasn`t for other players here posting and messaging me tunes I wouldn`t be as high in the rankings as I am(which is still pretty mediocre)...:cheers: :gtpflag:

That being said,just because someone posts their tune dosen`t me everyone can drive it,and get the same laptime...
I got 3 different tunes for this challenge and I can`t break my own time,some others tunes I just can`t drive at all....
:odd:
take for example brands hatch this month,I got 9 different tunes and I can`t improve my time,some tunes while they may get that driver in the top ** all they get me is a trip into the sand every time.... :crazy:
I've said this many times in these forums - I have 3 tunes for here, and 3 for Brands, and my lap times with each are pretty much identical.

Gave this another go last night using the Furai and shaved off almost 3 seconds. I know there is more left in the car, but I was getting tired.

I thought getting in the 1:25's was good. But I see lots of 1:23's and even 1:22's...wow.

I'd really like to know how much time all of the top 50 guys/girls have in each seasonal? Between testing set ups, trying to get clean laps, then clean fast laps and so on. I bet some have 10+ hours in just one seasonal?

When I start getting into a second hour I start wondering what else I'd rather do with my time...

...unless I'm outside the top 500 still. lol

I thought getting in the 1:25's was good. But I see lots of 1:23's and even 1:22's...wow.

I'd really like to know how much time all of the top 50 guys/girls have in each seasonal? Between testing set ups, trying to get clean laps, then clean fast laps and so on. I bet some have 10+ hours in just one seasonal?

When I start getting into a second hour I start wondering what else I'd rather do with my time...

...unless I'm outside the top 500 still. lol
I've once put in 20 hours in a seasonal. Maybe even more. But I haven't put that kind of effort in years.

I saw I had dropped down too much, so put another 55 minutes in. This car responds to steering, really well. Tweaking my set up and gearing it to just miss the rev limiter helped a bunch.

Got down to a 1:24.7xx for P 143. For now. I'm well over two hours now, but I do like this track and I'm tired of the loaner car QM's. :)

l

many hours here .... I really have to train a lot to get into the top 60. And then I hope that there is an almost perfect lap in between. So yes: For me is practice the key. I'm not a really good driver but with practice i can make good lap times.

I saw I had dropped down too much, so put another 55 minutes in. This car responds to steering, really well. Tweaking my set up and gearing it to just miss the rev limiter helped a bunch.

Got down to a 1:24.7xx for P 143. For now. I'm well over two hours now, but I do like this track and I'm tired of the loaner car QM's. :)
Which setup u
1:23.940.

Still making a couple mistakes, On the end i was 1 sec before my ghost(1:24.271.) but in the last corners i play on safe.
But happy i'm in the 23 club now:gtpflag:
You "use" setup from oooMaximumooo?

Ilias credits. I use this tune with a couple changes try to play with this tune . Its a nice one.

2j

64 56 (65-55)
7.74 16.25
4 5
4 5
7 5(5-7)
0 0
-0.5 -1(-0.75-1)
9 10

lsd 5 15(14) 5
gear box 4100 ... 220km 4000 1st 1640 2nd 1350 3rd 1094

50% engine
87 kg
48%(46)

Ilias credits. I use this tune with a couple changes try to play with this tune . Its a nice one.

2j

64 56 (65-55)
7.74 16.25
4 5
4 5
7 5(5-7)
0 0
-0.5 -1(-75-1)
9 10

lsd 5 15(14) 5
gear box 4100 ... 220km 4000 1st 1640 2nd 1350 3rd 1094

50% engine