Silver: Cr. 102,000
Bronze: Cr. 51,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT POLARIZED 008-P paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 2:20.000
Silver: 2:24.000
Bronze: 2:33.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Chamonix West
Track Length: 3.34 miles / 5375 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08 by monizjer

Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car `86 by praiano63

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 by iliasdc

Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car `86 by Donstephan84

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Mitsi Super rally car with the engine upgrade, & trannie at 143. Dashing through the snow we go. Yes I did stand her on her nose running down the straight, & she danced on...

I cannot wait to do this event! Been waiting for some rally action even though I'm quite bad at it :)

Edit: I bought a Lancia Delta S4 for the event did a slow 2:18.822 but loved it and won't be trying again aha

Last edited:
PD PD'd again, the cars nose dive on the jump making it hard not to wreck and impossible not to lose time.

Adjust your dampers. On the car I was using (Citroen C4 WRC '08) with a base tune, that's all I had to do, problem solved. I was running soft springs all the way around 7.66/6.64 and adjusted dampers to 4/2 4/2 and the nose diving was cured. With just that minor adjustment, the car runs pretty smoothly through that straight section now. Just a suggestion and something for you to try.

Adjust your dampers. On the car I was using (Citroen C4 WRC '08) with a base tune, that's all I had to do, problem solved. I was running soft springs all the way around 7.66/6.64 and adjusted dampers to 4/2 4/2 and the nose diving was cured. With just that minor adjustment, the car runs pretty smoothly through that straight section now. Just a suggestion and something for you to try.
Thanksfor the tip--I'll try it tomorrow.

Tried this with my new G27. Wow that's fun. Only managed bronze so far but love this wheel here. Am temped to do it with the DS3 (buttons) but will keep having fun here for a while with the wheel.

edit...2:19.3 and still having fun, but bed now.

Last edited:
When I first tried this I came close to snow blindness on the long straight with the glaring sun, I tried this event a few hours later and it was dull and dark clouds which helped me attain gold with 2;15;xxx.
Unfortunately I didn't notice time of day to see if changed or random.
Hope some one else has experienced this and not just me losing it.

I looked at the top 10 times to see what everyone was using, just 2 or 3 different cars, and I used the most common (the EVO). Silver first lap, gold the second, easy challenge really. Weird how they don't default the cars to 0 TC, stupid actually. Anyway, I think this is a fun challenge, so after gold I hammered it a little for some fun. This is my favorite of the new challenges for sure, fun to drive even after gold.

Might want to take a look at #1's replay there folks... Just saying, rather interesting...

Yea, I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to do that. :rolleyes: That's an old trick from GT5. I did it on my first lap just to see if it could still be done but quickly DQ'ed my lap because to me, that's corner cutting and shouldn't be allowed. I know this is going to spark a big debate, a debate I have already taken part in and really don't want to go through again so for me, it is what it is.....I myself cannot, with a clear conscience, cut those corners like that, I prefer to stay on the track with my run.

PD PD'd again, the cars nose dive on the jump making it hard not to wreck and impossible not to lose time.

Just slow down. You'll land faster and can get on the throttle faster -> Saving time. Jumping may look spectacular but you don't gain anything from it so there's no reason to go full speed across the bumps. When I tried slowing down at the bumps I zoomed past my ghost again already at the end of the straight.

Just slow down. You'll land faster and can get on the throttle faster -> Saving time. Jumping may look spectacular but you don't gain anything from it so there's no reason to go full speed across the bumps. When I tried slowing down at the bumps I zoomed past my ghost again already at the end of the straight.

If you have a proper setup, there is no need to slow down and yes, there is everything to be gained by going full throttle through there. Change your setup like I suggested earlier in this thread, if you are using a similar car, and you will see. I could care less about "how spectacular" it may look :rolleyes:, I'm only interested in getting the fastest lap times. I'll save the style points for other people. :P

For the sake of argument before I posted this, I did try your theory. My ghost quickly left me in a haze of snow. :) I tried it 5-6 different times, all with the same result. Again, proper setup is key here. If you have a stiff suspension then yes, expect to bounce around through there like a run-away super ball. With my default spring setup that I posted earlier, a simple damper adjustment made all the difference in the world. I'm sure I could even further improve the ride with more adjustments, but the damper change was just a quick adjustment that I knew would settle the car down through there.

Might want to take a look at #1's replay there folks... Just saying, rather interesting...

Short-cutting :rolleyes:
Yeah short-cutting is overrated.Looks funny.
BTW, i tried that shortcut.At the part were you get back on the track? I have to slow down too much, when i tried, i saw my ghostline fly by ;).I'm not using that shortcut. But it was funny.

gold with a jackdog tune with 125/250 down force,thank you jake ,on the bumpy straight just hammer down and hold straight.floor it and hold the inside of curves.i don't know any short cuts.i'm not even no way near average driver and can't drift on pavement but I love drifting on this snow.btw I used an audi,quattro,s1,rally 15th anniv,86.

I started with a Lancer Evolution X Rally car and just got gold
Second accound i used the Lancer Evolution Super rally car '03, just a bit faster.
3rd account i use the Audi Quattro S1 15th anniversary edition, no extra tune parts
and in my 1st account i used the Audi quattro S1 rally car.only turbo 1

I used stock suspension, stock downforce, only maxspeed 1 click up (both audi's) and changed lsd a bit
with both the Audi's S1, i improved my times with almost 2-3 seconds.
That "bump" was now easy to take, car kept speed. I love this snowrally event.👍

o, i forgot, thanks to @Polsixe i set centerdiff 50:50 on every car i did this event, Helped a lot.

Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
544pp 451hp 555lb/ft 1230kg 52:48 weight dist

S:
ride height: 130/122
rate: 10.25/9.65
com: 5/5 ext: 5/5 arb: 4/4
camb: 2.5/1.2 toe: -0.12/-0.03
brake bias: 3/7

T:
stock ratios

LSD:
initial: 7/10
accel: 20/32
brake: 9/10
torque split: 38:62

df: 150/225

Misc:
engine stage 3, mid rpm turbo

This set up is pretty good for this course. It doesn't rotate through the slow hairpins as well but it bites in the mid and high speed sweeping corners which allows you to carry a lot more speed and saves time over the course of the lap. I ran a 2:18.112 on a DS3 at sensitivity 4 with several seconds left on the track. I think this will help newer players or players that are not good at rally driving or drifting to get gold.

Latest Posts

Back