550pp Rally Car Super Lap: Chamonix West

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 193 comments
DS3 novice here, used Praiano's 550pp tune for normal Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car but applied it to the 15th Anniversary edition model, as that's the one I have. Tremendous!

2m09.323s puts me 543rd in the world and top of my friends list. It won't be for long but sweet while it lasts. :D

No shortcuts, naturally. (Look at the penalties in 2014 WRC events to understand 'shortcut' in the world of rallying.)
TCS: 0 [you don't really get wheelspin in PD's dirt physics, just like GT2]
ABS: 1 [try to straighten it a bit before you start braking, coast and remember to downshift up to the apex]
Steering: 5

Drivetrain (Transmision)
Tranny trick (Final all the way right, Max Speed all the way left, then do the below)
1: 1.875
2: 2.150
3: 1.775
4: 1.500
5: 1.275
6: 1.100
Final: 3.750
Change up before the red, if you get a chance to look across!

Drivetrain
Centre Differential: 50:50 [as recommended throughout this thread for snow]

Body
Downforce: 150 300 [bit more rear helped me control it at high speed, found it a bit snappy at 250 rear]

Bumpy straight is a lottery with this setup. Sometimes it was smooth, other times crazy. I went left of the middle of the track then pointed slightly right before the bumps. It landed with a bit of a tank-slapper (weaving left and right) but the wheels where on the ground, which I find tends to help with control.

The advice to use softer dampers to, well, dampen this part probably sound. The surface is bowling green smooth elsewhere, so you might lose time in other areas.

I'm now going to bury my head in the sand snow and pretend I'm faster than @SW__10 and @Roweer1 and @nowcontrol and @Johnsmith147 and @WhoosierGirl and @GTP_CargoRatt and you can't stop me!

DS3 novice here, used Praiano's 550pp tune for normal Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car but applied it to the 15th Anniversary edition model, as that's the one I have. Tremendous!

2m09.323s puts me 543rd in the world and top of my friends list. It won't be for long but sweet while it lasts. :D

No shortcuts, naturally. (Look at the penalties in 2014 WRC events to understand 'shortcut' in the world of rallying.)
ABS: 1 [try to straighten it a bit before you start braking, coast and remember to downshift up to the apex]

Drivetrain (Transmision)
Tranny trick (Final all the way right, Max Speed all the way left, then do the below)

Drivetrain

Body
Downforce: 150 300 [bit more rear helped me control it at high speed, found it a bit snappy at 250 rear]

Bumpy straight is a lottery with this setup. Sometimes it was smooth, other times crazy. I went left of the middle of the track then pointed slightly right before the bumps. It landed with a bit of a tank-slapper (weaving left and right) but the wheels where on the ground, which I find tends to help with control.

The advice to use softer dampers to, well, dampen this part probably sound. The surface is bowling green smooth elsewhere, so you might lose time in other areas.

I'm now going to bury my head in the sand snow and pretend I'm faster than @SW__10 and @Roweer1 and @nowcontrol and @Johnsmith147 and @WhoosierGirl and @GTP_CargoRatt and you can't stop me!

Trimmed 1.4 seconds so far, thanks! :cheers:

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have a good set-up for the Ford RS200 rally car?
I have 2 tunes 'working' that I tuned myself, but they are both for street racing.
I have yet to learn how to properly tune for dirt or snow.
The only reason I ask is, well, rally cars are a touch on the expensive side, and I already OWN this one, lol.
Much appreciated to any help, and in case this is my lucky day, does anyone actually have a kinda-sorta guide to snow/dirt tuning?
I would love just a tune, to get this event over with, but I would value learning to do it myself a ton more.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Peace,
-Demon-

Does anyone happen to have a good set-up for the Ford RS200 rally car?
I have 2 tunes 'working' that I tuned myself, but they are both for street racing.
I have yet to learn how to properly tune for dirt or snow.
The only reason I ask is, well, rally cars are a touch on the expensive side, and I already OWN this one, lol.
Much appreciated to any help, and in case this is my lucky day, does anyone actually have a kinda-sorta guide to snow/dirt tuning?
I would love just a tune, to get this event over with, but I would value learning to do it myself a ton more.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Peace,
-Demon-

Yeah, me too! Have the 85 version of the RS200 and love it, but it seems a little stiff on the eiffel track. My Logitec G-27 was banging around so hard my wife came in and asked me to stop driving?!?! Might have to turn down my settings. I wonder what settings would be appropriate for off-road? Running 8/10 right now for track work.
Cheers, Pete

I don't normally do well in the rally/snow TT's but I took my AE S1 Quattro to this. It had no setup whatsover done to it but I managed to get gold easily, and beat all my friend's times by a large margin. It's "only" a 2'11.935 but I'm pleased with it.

I bought Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car '86
3:d lap i manage 2:11.138 and 1256th in world ranking.
Just lower the car and adjusted Acc sensivity to 29/46.
Directional button and AT mode.
I will increace the time little more a think, missing little on two parts.
Trimmed it little to 2:09:843 so far.

Last edited:
I don't normally do well in the rally/snow TT's but I took my AE S1 Quattro to this. It had no setup whatsover done to it but I managed to get gold easily, and beat all my friend's times by a large margin. It's "only" a 2'11.935 but I'm pleased with it.

I'll give you some of my friends then we'll see how you do. :P (jk) Seriously though, great lap, nice and smooth. 👍

Well, yesterday I was 769 with my 2:10.xxx, but today I got bumped to the high 900s, something like 986. Guess people are really having fun and going at it with this one.

I haven't done a run with the full "shortcut", rather I only clip it towards the end. So far I've been finding more time in other sectors of the track. Although I'm positive if I do incorporate it, there still will be time saved.

One thing that actually does bother me is seeing people ahead of me using AT! Why be a bum and not shift gears for yourself? And using other aids like ASM??? I believe aids shouldn't be able to help you be supposedly faster than a person not using them. If plenty of people can control their cars and get fast times, why should people who can't always control it also have potential for fast times (using aids)?

Just my 2 cents. ABS is my only exception, although I tend to try and do seasonals without it when I can now. I think there is more "pride" in doing so. Having the possibility of locking up your brakes and avoiding doing so is skillful.

Why exactly is ABS so different that it's ok but the others aren't? I never understand people that make a point of complaining about aids then defending their use of ABS. Until all aids are prohibited in TTs then people that want to use them will. I bet a good deal of those people would still be faster than you if they weren't using them or if you were.

2:08 in S1 Pikes Peak - gears to 240km/h, max downforce - otherwise stock.

2:07 in rally version - @r1roman tune without ballast. 234th

Pikes Peak's much easier to drive than rally car (although not as fast) - recommended for those struggling to get gold.

Finally got my Gold. It took about 5-6 more attempts since my first session a couple of days ago. Ran with the AE S1 Quattro Rally Car. It's pretty much stock except I added a Low RPM Turbo for the extra torque (actually lost a couple of HP) so I had to lower my Power Limiter a bit. My time is a paltry 2:17.xxx but considering how much I hate these snow courses and never drive them, I'm satisfied with at least getting the Gold time. I'm sure if I actually adjusted something on this car it might perform a bit better too. :lol:

hsv
Simply, some people are more casual than others, some are still new and learning, so if the event allows for certain aids then I don't see why it's frowned upon to use them.

Yeah; I say: Focus on the hackers and (dare I say it?) The multiple competitive accounts...

EDIT: ...Which is essentially pulling it off topic; sorry:guilty:

Why exactly is ABS so different that it's ok but the others aren't? I never understand people that make a point of complaining about aids then defending their use of ABS. Until all aids are prohibited in TTs then people that want to use them will. I bet a good deal of those people would still be faster than you if they weren't using them or if you were.

Because ABS doesn't magically prevent you from understeering in to a wall or fix your messed up braking point. TC lets you be careless with the gas during parts you shouldn't be, and ASM is similar to SRF in that it really saves you in the corners.

I just feel disappointed when I see someone with AT transmission, ASM, and maybe even TC (because they're "new", right?) , obliterating my ABS 1 time on a stick. I thought skill made you faster? It's not as black and white as that.....but I guess whining is whining and a game is a game so might as well leave it on the track and become faster through any means necessary, right?

ABS doesn't just stop the tires from locking under braking. It also adds some 'stability control' even when not on the brakes.

If someone is beating you using ASM and TC then you aren't reaching the limits of the car. Both of those slow you down.

So, I just decided to watch the current leader of this Seasonal Event. Shame on PD for allowing people to cut the course like that in a Seasonal Event! That's just plain dumb. They must have known that shortcut existed - I'm sure it's not something new. Now for the sour grapes part, I saw the current leader slam into snow barriers and manmade walls several times and clearly he didn't get DQ'd. When I was attempting this event, the slightest touch of any snow wall/barrier or manmade barrier would result in an immediate DQ for me. Some of my touches were even less severe than his! Grrr.... :mad: :grumpy: :lol: :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a tune for the Mitsubishi Super Rally Car? I've got to 2:09s (no shortcut) with just a flipped transmission and 40/60 centre diff but I have no idea where to go next? I just need another half second to catch one of my corner cutting friends :mad:

All the tunes I can find are for GT5 and from experience are likely to be fairly useless on GT6

Hello everyone and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here are the settings for Mitsubishi Super Rally Car:

Suspension:
160/110
6,60/6,50
4/4
6/6
7/7
Camber angle: 0.3/0.0
Toe angle: -0.30/ 0.00

Brake balance: 3/4

Transmisson:
First reset to default and Max 180 klm
1'st: 2943
2'nd: 2250
3'rd: 1800
4'rd: 1504
5'rd: 1275
6'rd: 1072
Final 3365

LCD
10/10
35/40
16/16

46/54

Power:
Engine 3
Oil change

Ballast weight: 5kg
Ballast position: +5%

Downforce:
150/165

Rigidity improvement

Good luck :cheers:

Hello everyone and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here are the settings for Mitsubishi Super Rally Car:

Suspension:
160/110
6,60/6,50
4/4
6/6
7/7
Camber angle: 0.3/0.0
Toe angle: -0.30/ 0.00

Brake balance: 3/4

Transmisson:
First reset to default and Max 180 klm
1'st: 2943
2'nd: 2250
3'rd: 1800
4'rd: 1504
5'rd: 1275
6'rd: 1072
Final 3365

LCD
10/10
35/40
16/16

46/54

Power:
Engine 3
Oil change

Ballast weight: 5kg
Ballast position: +5%

Downforce:
150/165

Rigidity improvement

Good luck :cheers:
Thanks! Whats your fastest time with it?

Drivetrain (Transmision)

Drivetrain

Body

You don't have to worry about me by any means, I just quickly Golded this one and done, not really interested in returning for any further improvement. Besides, I've went back to competing in the WRS TT's to further develop my skill set (or lack thereof :lol:) in hopes of fulfilling my Academy goal this year. Good luck to you my friend, I'm sure you'll do well on down the road. Sounds like you've got a great bunch of people on your friends list in which to compete with. :cheers:

I wanna share my setup for the Audi quattro S1 Rally Car´83.

Iam not a pro Tuner, so this is a very simple and radical Setup. Its not perfect but this setup is good for 2:04,145 / 66 th. (and another half second for improvement)

Suspension:
165/165
6,48/7,18
4/4
4/4
3/4
5/6
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/ 0.20

Brake balance: 5/6

Transmisson:
Gearbox from praiano63
and set the final gear to 3.400

LCD
10/10
60/60
5/5

50/50

Turbo 3

Full Downforce

If your are suggestions for improvements you are welcome !

Last edited:
Back