550PP Rally Car Super Lap: Chamonix West

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

550PP Rally Car Super Lap: Chamonix West

TT#60 - 550PP Rally Car Super Lap @ Chamonix West.png TT#60 - 550PP Rally Car Super Lap @ Chamonix West - ER cars list.png
    ^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
    [TT#60] - 550PP Rally Car Super Lap @ Chamonix West.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
    The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87 by sync

Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 by Kossie

Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 by GT_Rajman

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
    of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Uday9479

Uday9479

Thank God, a snow TT. Was waiting for it since the stone age!

msgt-sd likes this.
  3. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I need a properly tuned car for this event, I'm struggling to get silver. Even smashing walls just for fun doesn't produce a gold time.

4. Kossie

Kossie

5. Mr P

Mr P

6. leexr2i

leexr2i

I see cheating.. bumping over the corners..

Dannny B, Bakula136 and Kossie like this.
  7. Kossie

Kossie

Dudes.... This it's not my level. Crazy snow TT. Fun to drive but I go wait for the last week to get gold with this one i think :lol:

fordlaser777 likes this.
  8. Roxanne

Roxanne

There is maybe someone other with a good tune setting for getting gold? I can get only bronze

Thanks in Advance.

9. DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Hi,

first few tries with the @iliasdc tuned Mitsubishi, best lap 2:20.200 - have to familiarize with this surface. Going for gold tomorrow :)

cheers,
    D.

10. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

SilverSE102 likes this.
  11. purpdino

purpdino

The linked tune a few posts up also worked great for me.

12. Roxanne

Roxanne

Thanks for the links. I made another mistake (ABS was still on) so every Setup is good enough, the one above too so I got finally my Gold medal.

13. sync

sync

This is for those having trouble to get gold!!

1st- I'm not a good driver!
    2nd- I'm using a dualshock with automatic transmission!!
    3rd- I didn't know that track at all!!!
    4th- I hate Time Trials (alone on a track)!!!!

First attempt with this car: 2:14.1xx

Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87

Suspension:
    Ride Height:
    115 - 115
    Spring Rate:
    13.00 - 14.00
    Dampers Compression:
    4 - 4
    Dampers Extension:
    4 - 4
    Anti-Roll Bars:
    3 - 3
    Camber:
    0.0 - 0.0
    Toe Angle:
    0.00 - 0.00

Brake:
    5 - 5

Transmission:
    Max. Speed (auto set)
    230 km/h

Drivetrain:
    5 - 5
    10 - 20
    20 - 20
    Front/Rear Torque Split
    36:65

Power:
    Power Limiter:

Body:
    Downforce
    440 - 690

Driving Options:
    All off except
    Traction Control: 1
    ABS: 1

Note: With this tune, the car is very stable. In the long straight, the car won't jump in the air when hitting the bumps. No need to cheat or use walls. When you'll find this car too easy to drive, set Traction Control to: 0 and lower the rear downforce.

Have fun :)

phineas777 and Retiree like this.
  14. Alexony

Alexony

15. UpTopLog

UpTopLog

where do i find this tune Alexony. Thanks.

Dannny B likes this.
  16. Dannny B

Dannny B

I was wondering same I'm new to gt planet we're is all the tunes lol ?

17. Mr P

Mr P

Hi guys, click the link in fordlaser777 post above and scroll to the bottom of the OP and you will see the tunes supplied for the previous identical event :tup:

Wolf68 likes this.
  18. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

Wolf68, UpTopLog and Dannny B like this.
  19. Dannny B

Dannny B

Thank you mate 1 tune I'm after more than anything is for Tommy kaira zz Ii with racing soft tyres. I have found 1 or 2 but they have been tuned with steering wheel :(

Jeje6410 likes this.
  20. DeuxMilles

DeuxMilles

Hi,

which settings for TCS and ABS are best on snow? I still use my default "tarmac-settings" tcs0 and abs1, but are they also useful for snow?

cheers,
    D.

21. Mr P

Mr P

That's what I used so yeah default tarmac settings are fine Deux :tup:

phineas777 and DeuxMilles like this.
  22. Lilium

Lilium

after 2 laps with my road tuned RS200, the gold came. near the time limit, but easely.
    I reckon that with some practise 1-2 secs perhaps I could shave off

Kinda weird racing with a loose LSD, but after getting used to it, the only troubles were the 3 hairpins

23. kostasj

kostasj

Possible time lap 2 minutes here .

Impossible for me . I am unable can that (46 years , wheel : driving forse ... )
    Racks th it is good . But always Important-serious for me is my differense from the posible time .
    So my time lap now ( 2:2,965 ) it's not verry good .

24. Alexony

Alexony

UpTopLog likes this.
  25. Mr P

Mr P

Obviously most people are using the cut across and seems ok to join in that even though it's not really the correct path, but I was hoping 1st place new improvement might have been cleaned up some after his earlier wall bang fest considering he is such a talented driver, and I know from past events how fast he can be... but on this event his laps have been super sloppy with more hits than Elvis :tdown:

It's a shame really as I think this would have been a great event to keep pushing on but no way.. I'm having to decelerate on the downhill to stay clean and some people just bounce off it at full revs!! pfft not impressed at all :rolleyes: Can we see the same lap time without riding the walls? I think not :tdown:

Mt. Lynx, phineas777, sync and 3 others like this.
  26. Bakula136

Bakula136

Why everybody CHEATS??????

Ledbetter, sync and GT_Rajman like this.
  27. GTsail

GTsail Premium

Ran a bunch of laps to get a feel for the snow again, and was able to climb up the early Leaderboard into 112th place:)

31139582234_ef54d1b0e8_k.jpg

Not close at all to the first place driver:( but overall, fairly pleased with my lap:)
    Good luck everyone!
    :cheers:

28. UpTopLog

UpTopLog

I would like to add my voice here about the cut across. First of all how could PD not foresee this? You literally cannot touch in most places, i'm not sure about coming down the final hill as Rajman looks way right, i must check his line there, with your lap being DQ'd. The object is to get around in the fastest possible time. period. I don't blame anyone for using it then, as everyone can, similar to small willow where you can go through the cones to get a head start up the straight. No good being all honourable about it and sticking to the track, then complaining about others using it. I managed a 2.07 on the correct line and now 2.05 using the cut across. I cannot see more than 2sec being gained there, and there's still a good amount of driving to do to complete the lap. It's a shame in a way, but it's not the end of the world, so use the cut across then we all riding the same track. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Apex2691 likes this.
  29. ddsuperdee

ddsuperdee (Banned)

The first in the world and other people have cut the curve on the number of bends before the first sector and it is unfair to me if one seriously wants to run this game. The polyphony should take action with respect to the cutting of curves and chicanes otherwise what's the rush in this way?

phineas777, sync and GT_Rajman like this.
  30. Mr P

Mr P

There's cutting across that ridge and wall riding the downhill turns with no loss of speed... seriously we can all wallride but I thought the skill part was being fast whilst keeping it clean? I could probably wall ride that downhill like a friggin expert and smash my time into next year (which is not far away :D) But I wont lower myself... anyway the top 2 are wallriders and 3rd place imo is the best lap as he uses the cut across but at least keeps it off the walls.

As it happens, my granddaughter saw me racing on this earlier and demanded to try it.. so I set it up for her and put it on AT and you know what she was wallriding the downhill too haha but then again she's only 6 ;)

Have a Happy New Year everyone :cheers: even the wallriders :p