550PP Rally Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand K Trail

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 47 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP Rally Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand K Trail

TT#66 - 550PP Rally Car Super Lap @ Eiger Nordwand K Trail.png TT#66 - 550PP Rally Car Super Lap @ Eiger Nordwand K Trail - ER car list.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Tried the Audi S1 15AE car but usually the Ford RS is best at these 550pp events. Smaller and lighter which helps in braking on the downhill runs.

Wow. Was waiting for ages for a dirt track TT!

As a matter of coincidence, was playing this track since 3 days in the arcade mode (Single player)!

So which car and tune are you using?

I just used the stock Subaru (can't recollect the year). Wanted to get a feel of the track.
After 1 lap, managed 4:19:786.
Best thing about this TT, will get to try loads of rally cars.

I just used the stock Subaru (can't recollect the year). Wanted to get a feel of the track.
After 1 lap, managed 4:19:786.
Best thing about this TT, will get to try loads of rally cars.
Thanks, I have a hard time remembering what my fave cars are even when I put them in that category.

So I hear Xbox one or something has 4k FORZA, and it is amazing, anybody here doing that one?

Done :scared:

Used the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Power tuned to 550pp, 220km/h top speed, 40:60 Diff, and max. downforce).
Got me Gold with little over 4min on my first - valid - lap (3rd with this car) :)
Unfortunately had ~30 invalid or incomplete laps with other cars before :banghead:

The prize car is the Fiat 500 F '68 indeed - great prize for a lot of effort ;)

Since the time I've played this TT, have only tried 1 car till now - Subaru Impreza '99.
With the Stock version, I managed a 4:03.786 lap.
When referring to the older thread for the similar event, I tried something crazy. As there was no setup for this car, I mirrored a setup of Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03. After a few tries, lowered by best time to 3:54:234.
Will now try another rally car as can never get bored of this TT (as of now)!

One weird thing about this TT.
When going to the eligible cars, it didn't show any rally car, even though I own a few. Typically, a car won't show in the eligible list if it's having a higher PP or hp or engine. In this case, even though a rally car may be eligible for the TT, it won't show in the list unless it's been fitted with dirt tires prior to entering the TT.
Quite funny, if not weird. :mad:

I don't usually even try the dirt races. They have been my achilles heel since GT1. I saw that @SW__10 posted a tune for the '86 Audi Rally car in the previous event. I have used @SW__10 tunes before and they have been superb. So I put his tune on my Audi and managed a Bronze. That's the first time I ever came close to a podium type finish. I believe with a little more practice I can get a Silver and be happy. Thank you @SW__10 for the great tune.👍👍:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't usually even try the dirt races. They have been my achilles heel since GT1. I saw that @SW__10 posted a tune for the '86 Audi Rally car in the previous event. I have used @SW__10 tunes before and they have been superb. So I put his tune on my Audi and managed a Bronze. That's the first time I ever came close to a podium type finish. I believe with a little more practice I can get a Silver and be happy. Thank you @SW__10 for the great tune.👍👍:cheers:
You're not using TC are you. I say this because ppl have been known to make that mistake before. DON'T USE TC ON DIRT TRACKS!

You're not using TC are you. I say this because ppl have been known to make that mistake before. DON'T USE TC ON DIRT TRACKS!

In what way would it benefit? BTW, I always keep TC on 1.

As most of the rally cars are 4WD, this comes quite handy when during a long sweeping turn (the turns that are the never ending slope going downwards), when the car starts to drift a lot, accelerating a bit stabilizes the car & gets it into position going into the next turn!

How would 0 TC be better or benefit more?

I have tried it both ways. I can't tell that it makes any kind of difference. The problem I have is the almost insignificant touches of the boundaries that DQ my laps. I have watched multiple replays of dirt TTs and have seen people barely touch the barrier and are able to keep on going. I have tried different torque settings 50:50, 40:60 even 10:90 and can't seem to stay away from the very thin edge line. I use a DS3. I had a DFGT but it died so for me it's hard to control the drift w/o hitting the barrier. Thanks for the input though.:cheers:

In my experience, with TC on, it takes ages to Get going again after you've come off a Hard Braking (as in: the wheels has to Get a firm grip before TC lets you off again!?) I Think i have only Tried TC=5 on dirt tracks (default by accident), so i can't really Say what influence it has with TC as low as 1. but it's def. noticable with 5. I Think you'll find that you're just as capable to use your downhill-sweeps technique without TC.
To @Racin510s: Don't know if you've noticed that it makes a Big difference whether you touch the barrier with the front,going Into the turn or with the back, going out of the turn? You never Get away with the first but often with the latter...

Last edited:
Done :scared:

Used the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Power tuned to 550pp, 220km/h top speed, 40:60 Diff, and max. downforce).
Got me Gold with little over 4min on my first - valid - lap (3rd with this car) :)
Unfortunately had ~30 invalid or incomplete laps with other cars before :banghead:

The prize car is the Fiat 500 F '68 indeed - great prize for a lot of effort ;)

@AlexAlien Thanks for your post about the Evo. Would you post your tune. I'm having the same issues with DQ'd laps. I tried the Audi it is very fast but hard to control with a DS3. I tried my SX4 Rally car same thing. I've tried the Ford RS. It is becoming one of those 🤬:banghead:. I only want to get a silver for the paint chip and have run silver laps at least 20 times only to get DQ'd again and again. I started not to even run this event, but my first lap with the Audi S1 was a bronze so I figured I could get the silver. So I'm taking a time out. Please share you Evo tune. Thanks in advance.👍:cheers:

Please share you Evo tune. Thanks in advance.👍:cheers:
Wouldn't call it a tune, but here are the details for the car as i used it to get Gold - car was very stable, probably because of the Torque-Distributing Centre Differential settings:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X RallyCar on Dirt Tyres @ 550pp, 478bhp, 1115kg, 58:42 weight distribution

Suspension: Reset to Default
Brakes: Reset to Default
Transmission: Reset to Default, set max speed to 220km/h
Drivetrain: Reset Differential Gear to Default, Install/Buy Torque-Distributing Centre Differential and set it to 40:60
(forgot to upgrade Propeller Shaft, used Standard ;))
Power: Engine Tuning Stage 3, Power Limiter @ 97,9
Body: Downforce 150/350 (max)

As you can see it's nothing sophisticated :lol:

Hope you can manage Silver or even Gold, and hope you bought the Senna Lotus already! :cheers:

Thank you @AlexAlien.👍 The Evo was much easier to drive than the other cars I tried. I did get a silver at 4:11. I think before I was just pushing the other cars too much, what I mean is driving to aggressively. This time it took 4 laps, DQ'd on the first 3 but settled down and just let the Evo kinda roll through the corners which kept me more stable and not sliding sideways while trying to control the slide with the D-Pad. With your help I accomplished my goal. :cheers: Now to see what happens with the other one.

@Racin510s I got this with the Citroen C4 WRC, 4:03.336. Like the Senna event, I was tuning it from scratch as I went along and there's probably more time in it if I'd carried on tuning. When I get the chance to fire up the PS3, I'll post the tune.
It sounds like you're on the right track though, most of the time in this one definitely comes from a tidy driving style rather than wild oversteer 👍 And practice makes perfect too.

+1 for this. You will definitely be faster with TC on zero, the system is far too eager to reduce the power. It kills acceleration and takes away your ability to rotate the car with the throttle. Good diff settings will give you all the traction you need.

@Racin510s I got this with the Citroen C4 WRC, 4:03.336. Like the Senna event, I was tuning it from scratch as I went along and there's probably more time in it if I'd carried on tuning. When I get the chance to fire up the PS3, I'll post the tune.
It sounds like you're on the right track though, most of the time in this one definitely comes from a tidy driving style rather than wild oversteer 👍 And practice makes perfect too.

+1 for this. You will definitely be faster with TC on zero, the system is far too eager to reduce the power. It kills acceleration and takes away your ability to rotate the car with the throttle. Good diff settings will give you all the traction you need.

Typically would 50-50 be the best or which other setting?

Typically would 50-50 be the best or which other setting?

For the centre diff? I don't remember exactly what I used but it was certainly towards the rear. Under acceleration you get some weight transfer to the rear, meaning more grip for the rear tyres, so you can afford to send more power to the rear. And the same as I said about TC - there's a benefit from being able to use the power to rotate the car. It will vary from car to car, and will also depend on what you're comfortable with as a driver, so you could try moving it 5 points at a time (so 50:50, 45:55, 40:60, etc) until you find the sweet spot. From there you can make fine adjustments.
It will also be affected by other settings though, so if you make a change elsewhere it's worth re-checking.

Apologies for the double post - keeping this separate as it's the tune I used for the Citroen C4 WRC '08.
Settings are for a DS3, I used ABS=1, TC=0, other aids off. Oil change and Dirt tyres, 499PP (so add power mods if you wish).

Suspension:
140/140
8.00/8.80
2/2
2/2
4/1
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.35

Brakes:
4/3

Transmission:
Set to 143mph max, no other changes. Ratios are
Final 4.294

Diffs:
5/8
7/12
6/8

Centre diff:
28:72

Downforce:
150/210

Completely stock Focus Rally Car '99 (not even oil change) + 80PP below the limit + manual standing start =

Gold by nearly two whole seconds on what still felt like a scruffy run. Admittedly, it took an attempt or two to remember how gravel physics work in GT6, but aside from that, no sweat what so ever. And yes, I have the replay saved and I have the means to record and upload it if necessary.

On the plus side it did remind me of just how great the section around the jump at the bottom is when done correctly.

Back