5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
Qualified 4th, finished 4th.

Great race there, really enjoyed it and also good to see King winning his 1st race. Well from looking at the people that turned up, I guessed it would be between me and PJ for 4th and I was right as shown by the end results I was 32 seconds behind Gyles in 3rd. Got a pretty bad start but then got ahead of PJ and it remained that way pretty much. We were about 5 seconds apart for a long time then he made a mistake and that secured it for me. Good race guys, looking forward to Magny and Hockenheim next week.

United States Grand Prix

Qualifying

1. Gyles69 - 1:09.138
2. F1MadAd - 1:09.226
3. kingmart1n - 1:09.360
4. jordy7777 - 1:10.037
5. pj-gm - 1:10.335

Race Result

1. kingmart1n - 24:02.576
2. F1MadAd - +0.511
3. Gyles69 - +1.603
4. jordy7777 - +33.093
5. pj-gm - +48.149

Fastest Lap: Gyles69 - 1:08.333

Started 2nd, Finished 2nd

Not much to say other than i had a fantastic race long battle with KING, and GYLES to some extent he was always lurking there ready to pounce. KING and i never got more than a second apart i don't think. In the end KING put together an awesome last lap and took the win. To be honest he was quicker than me all race, i certainly spent more time looking at the back of his McLaren than i did the front! So i'm pleased to see him take the win after narrowly missing out last week. Cya all next week :)

Qualified 3rd Finished 1st

I got off to a good start and after 2 laps you could see it was a 3 horse race for the win with me, F1MadAd and Gyles. We was all close going into the first round of stop but gyles pitted a lap earlier than me and F1MadAd. F1MadAd was ahead coming out of the stops but Gyles drop a few tenths but after a lap i was back up there and so was Gyles. We all was still battling for first and Gyles pitted 3 laps earlier than me and F1MadAd so when we stopped we was about a second ahead. I had a good out lap but F1MadAd got me back on the straight with only 2 laps left any 3 of us really could still win. Going into the last lap me and F1MadAd was level but what a last lap i had lighting up sectors 1 and 2 and crossing the line for the win by 0.500 of a second

Really great battle with Gyles and F1MadAd i have to say and good racing all round my best performance ever in this championship. Thanks all for the kind words at the end. 1st BABY YEAH

That was an awesome race, and congrats to King on a well deserved win, fantastic stuff 👍

I was lucky to get pole just by a tenth but even luckier during the race as I was able to keep in the slipstream of King and MadAd. You guys were incredibly fast today and it was clear that the win was going to be between you two.

Here are some pics:

indyqv.jpg

indyrg.jpg

I'm back!

Just read all the comments so congratulations Ardius with your job, hopefully someone will be able to fill in for you for GTP.

The race sounds really awsome but I'm gutted I missed it. King scores a win after a very close battle so that leaves me 2nd 2 points behind team-mate MadAd. Looking forward to Magny-Cours and Hockenheim, should be great!

Thanks for setting up room MadAd and thanks Gyles for getting the pictures, I'll update the standings now.

Sorry I missed the race guys - now I'm tied for 6th I see :sly:. It was my birthday yesterday, so I left work early. Then some friends forced me to go to the bar. By racetime I was already too drunk to drive. I gotta make it to France next week, to try and defend 6th place!

Last edited:
hello guys donkeyfuzz invited me here after certain success in the codemasters championship. looking forward to racing you all.

Well, I don't want Arrows to just die like that while we're in a heated championship battle with Alfa Romeo. You can have Alireza Sabbagh as your teammate.

Well, I don't want Arrows to just die like that while we're in a heated championship battle with Alfa Romeo. You can have Alireza Sabbagh as your teammate.

He never turns up though. If we had another racer that would be good, I'll try and track one down.

On a different note, since Ardius has left, I have taken control of the Renault car, so the Williams is now out of use.

Same situation as last week guys, I will not be able to attend this Fridays races which as you can imagine I am gutted about. Having to miss these two races would probably throw me out of the boat with chances of winning the overall competition.

With that in mind, I would like to take a vote (majority wins) on whether we could postpone until next Friday. So it wouldn't mean having to re-schedule things race wise (having to move it to Saturday etc.) and it would provide more practice time to be ready for Magny-Cours and Hockenheim.

I am really sorry for asking but with the situation I'm in, I would be very greatful if we could postpone until next Friday. Thanks.

You already know i said i didn't mind even though i am on a roll at the moment lol, and hockenheim is my favourite track roll on next week.

I'm fine with postponing the races a week. I'll probably be practicing @ the same time this Friday though, if anyone is interested. :cool:

Im sorry for hearing that I never show up !,

The thing is that I dont know what time zone you guys are using.

Dear Lofasz or anyone for that matter, please tell me when you want to practice and provide an exact time BST or GMT should be good ,

I am in time zone GMT +4:30 so tell me exact stuff, My PSN is Alireza Sabbagh so no worries as to how to recognise me, and dont worry , I will get the hang of this in no time ,
Beleive me when i say , I am quick ! I can do mid 1:06s with setup changes at indy just to mention and im sure gyles can vouch for me cant u gyles ?

BR
Alireza

Im sorry for hearing that I never show up !,

The thing is that I dont know what time zone you guys are using.

Dear Lofasz or anyone for that matter, please tell me when you want to practice and provide an exact time BST or GMT should be good ,

I am in time zone GMT +4:30 so tell me exact stuff, My PSN is Alireza Sabbagh so no worries as to how to recognise me, and dont worry , I will get the hang of this in no time ,
Beleive me when i say , I am quick ! I can do mid 1:06s with setup changes at indy just to mention and im sure gyles can vouch for me cant u gyles ?

BR
Alireza

I'll add you on PSN so don't be alarmed when you get a friend request from Nev-Nev-22.

The use of steering wheels are banned for this season to make it 'fairer' so if you use a steering wheel, you'll have to start practicing with the controller. I don't want to sound like a noob but they are banned.

So who's going to be in who's team, Gyles with Alireza and PJ with Wooly51?

No race on Friday, both races have been moved to next Friday due to member(s) not being able to participate.

Last edited:
GTPlanet 5th World Championship Mid-Season Report.

The first half of the final GTP season for Formula One Championship Edition began about a month ago and since then, we have seen outstanding races from Bahrain to USA. The start of the new season offered the chance for new title contenders with steering wheels banned for the current competition. This proved decisive for many throught the first half as many drivers have now broken through to the top of their own game.

The first two race of Bahrain and Malaysia were underway and Hesketh had an almost perfect start to the season with one 1-2. It saw second place man in the last championship take the lead with 18 points in total whilst DonkeyFuzz was running 3 points behind in 2nd. Bahrain also saw Brawn GP grab two podium places with Gyles (Fishfash) coming second and Kakundoo 3rd.

Malaysia was a very exciting race as it saw a very close finish up front and Kakundoo grabbed a third podium for Brawn GP whilst KingMartin came home a strong 4th place for McLaren with team-mate Ginty, 6th. This particular race saw the two Hesketh drivers battle it out for the win, but DonkeyFuzz finished only a few hundreths of a second infront of his partner, F1MadAd. This was needed to keep hopes alive for the title and the points deficit was reduced to 3 points. Both Brawn GP drivers were tied in third with 12 points each.

In these two races, Ardius, Lofasz and FunkMonk could not attend the races, this meant Arrows picked up 2 points from Peter, whilst Jordy had to pick up the points for Alfa Romeo. It was anyone's guess as to who'd be leading the championship after Australia with 6 points covering the top 4 with KingMartin not too far behind either.

More on this to follow if you liked this post.

Once again something has happend, this time my PS3 is dead so I will not be able to race for the races on Friday and next week I will not be here for the race either. This means I will have to miss 3 race, so I will, unfortunately, retire from the championship as 3 races is a lot to miss and that would put well out of contention for the title, so I guess I'll wait until F1 2010.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for being awsome racers and I thank you to everyones commitment. I will update the tables but that is the only role I shall play in the championship. Thanks to everyone for postponing last week although now it seems pointless but I would be happy to race any of you in a non-championship race.

Last edited:
Nev mate this is bad news have you not got a mate that has a ps3 and you could go round a use? If not it's been great racing with you and hope you get the problem fixed or end up buying a new ps3 at some point.

Latest Posts

Back