5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
Well, there's not much about F1 2010 yet ,apart from some interviews, and gameplay videos. I know for sure there are a lot of people who are very eager to get this game, including us, and i'm sure that almost all of them will want in the championship, which will only have 12 spots.

Okay, I'm going to be a real pain in the backside right now:

Next week, on Friday, I will NOT be able to attend the event:grumpy:. I ask, whether we could move next Friday's race to Saturday night. I would appreciate this so much if we could move the race one day forward, I know there was an incident about this last season as well but this time because I am leading the championship (albeit 1 point) I wouldn't want to miss the race next Friday because the gap would be too big. I can still attend this Friday but the week after is 99% no.

Again, if we could postpone for a day, that would be fantastic. The majority vote will decide. I hope this is far enough in advance to perhaps change Friday to Saturday. Sorry once again:guilty:.

I'm fine with changing it, but I won't be able to make it either way because I'm attending my brother's wedding (yes, another one, 5 brothers :P) on the Friday. I may just make it on Saturday but probably not in a fit state to race :lol:.

I would only be able to make if the race was between 12pm and 3pm on a saturday as i am always getting ready to go out at 4-5pm on a saturday.
If this majority vote goes for saturday when i can't make it i wouldn't see that as fair as i will be around on friday to race.

Donkey, it would be just 1 race, and there's still half a season left to regain that gap which would be 9 points at most.I'm not so sure I can make saturday either, since something might pop up by suprise. King can only make it if it4 between 12 and 3, which would be between 6am and 9am, very early for me. It's summer, I probably won't be up until 10 or 11.

Damn, I run home from work to find out I need to do a system update. :yuck: FUDGE!

In the process right now @6:04PM my time. Hopefully it finishes in time for qualifying. Man this is frustrating. . . Montreal is one of my favs!!!

Qualified 3rd Finished 3rd.
I got off to a good start and F1MadAd got a penalty at turn 3 so after the first lap me,nev and gyles are battling it out for 1st. Nev made a mistake a few laps later and i caught gyles and made a very small gap. I was keeping my times as low as i could trying not to get a penalty but nev and gyles was slowly getting me. I lead for around 10laps then nev got me just about to go into the last lap. I had a really bad final lap getting a penalty on the last chicane and gyles flew past.

Great race and good win nev i think this has been my best race in this championship for ages.

Montreal, Canada:

Fastest Lap: Gyles69 - 1:09.135

1. Nev-Nev-22
2. Gyles69
3. KingMart1n
4. F1MadAd
5. Lofasz
6. Ardius
7. Jordy7777
8. PJ-FFL

My camera died on me for the qualifying results so I only have race picture (sorry):

Had a great qualy with a low 1:10 and was hoping I could keep this pace through into the race. That is exactly how it happened and I was able to stay with the leaders throughout the entire race.

Great win there Nev, you recovered from a penalty and overtook me and then caught up with King to take the win.

Fanastic job by King, who was leading the entire race and with 2 laps to go Nev took the lead and I nicked the 2nd place on the last turn as King got a penalty :yuck:

Driver of the day goes to King, could have won that, unlucky there.

Oh, what happened to MadAd :lol:

Started 1st, Finished 4th

Got pole by half a second and was confident for the race. But got a penalty on the first lap and from there it just snowballed really. Battled my way up to LOFASZ in 4th, and for the rest of the race it wud be me getting ahead, then a penalty and LOFASZ would catch up again. That was repeated like 6 times i couldn't stop laughing lol. In the end i got it together to take 4th place...just, was a good race by LOFASZ. Well done to NEV on another win, and also to KING and GYLES for strong races. Big wake up call for me this race, not been taking it seroiusly enough for the past few races. Cya all next week, where there's gonna be a new MAD grrrrrrrrr lol

Bloody hell. Today was horrible. Internet kept on going all day, and it decides to go just as the practice race started. So, I had to mess around to try and get it working again. It did, but I missed qualifying because of it, which put me at the back. Made a good start, got involved with Jordy and Lofasz for a few laps, until, I had to let my mom in. While arguing with my sister over who should open the gate, I spun and crashed. Then I had to go open the gate. Came back to race, and I was in dead last. Started to push like hell to be able to make up whatever I could. But, with 3 laps to go, my internet went again :grumpy:

So, things didn't go as planned. AT ALL. I was hoping for a decent position, but instead, Lofasz is further ahead in the WDC, Ardius has passed me in the WDC, and Jordy is closer as well.

But things are looking up. Next week is Indianapolis, a track i'm ok with, and Magny Cours!!! My favourite and my best track!!! Hopefully I can pick up a podium there, or at least a 4th.

That was absolute ********, never happened to me before online. Was a long way from the wall then suddenly it jerks and I crash. Cost me 15 seconds at least and ruined my race in my opinion but what can you do. Got a decent start then Ardius made a mistake and fell back, PJ then done the same so I was running about 5 seconds behind F1Mad and Lofasz for about 5 laps. After the 1st stop they got away so I was trying to concentrate on staying ahead of Ardius till the end but that crash happened and PJ had disconnected at that point so I came round in 7th.

Also Gyles 1.09.135, how did you do that? lol, I remember looking up and seeing the fastest lap and just burst out laughing.

Good race for Alfa Romeo though as we close the gap on Arrows.

Qualified 5th, finished 6th
Had my most competitive qualifying so far, straight away setting my quick lap and then an ever better one after it, a 1'10.270.
For the race, I had a terrible few opening laps, spinning, crashing and gaining penalties all over the place. I eventually got it together and caught PJ and Jordy again to finish 6th. Happy enough with that, though I think I could have done been closer to Lofasz on a better day. 👍

Started 2nd, Finished 1st:

Well, I had a quaalifying session and dipped below the 1:10's and thought P3 would do it so I tried another lap and I was on flyer, everything chained up, as when I went through sector 2, I did a 42.4 but when I went through the final corner I hit the wall of champions and that busted that lap but I started 2nd alongside my team-mate. Unfortunately my camera died so I couldn't get the qualy picture.

Into the race, well, MadAd recieved a penalty and that meant myself, King and Gyles could start to move ahead. It was very intense and I got greedy going into the last corner and got an 8 second penalty, I thought my race was over (chances of winning). But, I caught up to Gyles and we had a few slipstream battles whilst King held his lead about 2 seconds up the road. After the second round of pits, I nudged ahead of Gyles and knew if I was going to have a lead in the championship by 6 points, that meant I would come out of USA second at most by 4 points, so I raced hard. I caught up with King who did a stirling race and once I did overtake, he had a handful of Gyles and it went down to the last corner, I played that one very safe indeed.

Great race tonight, really enjoyed it, Great race by King who scores his first podium of the season and good to see Gyles battling back at the top again. Good racing by everyone tonight as Montreal is a harsh track.

I'm gonna be away for USA so I hope you guys have fun, I'll be gone from tomorrow morning, so see you all in over a weeks time, I look forward to reading all about the race!

Also Gyles 1.09.135, how did you do that? lol, I remember looking up and seeing the fastest lap and just burst out laughing.

Ah yes, I got a good slipstream early on when I was chasing Nev and King, I think this was on the 3rd lap 👍

I think the top 4 drivers would have done low 1:09's today.

But things are looking up. Next week is Indianapolis, a track i'm ok with, and Magny Cours!!! My favourite and my best track!!! Hopefully I can pick up a podium there, or at least a 4th.

It's just Indianapolis next week, Magny is the week after. I suppose that means more time to practice for Magny though:)

I think the top 4 drivers would have done low 1:09's today.

Yeah i got a 1,09,4xx but i had never been in the 1,09s till today good time to start getting in them.
I can't believe my practice pace is starting to come in the race at last or is it just because i stayed in and didn't have 1 pint.:)

Got pole by half a second and was confident for the race. But got a penalty on the first lap and from there it just snowballed really. Battled my way up to LOFASZ in 4th, and for the rest of the race it wud be me getting ahead, then a penalty and LOFASZ would catch up again. That was repeated like 6 times i couldn't stop laughing lol. In the end i got it together to take 4th place...just, was a good race by LOFASZ. . .

C'mon, you couldn't get just one more penalty!? :D

I was keeping up with you on the final lap, as you were no doubt playing it cautious. That was fun playing leapfrog with you 👍.

I was pretty lucky, not getting into any accidents and not getting any penalties. I'm pretty sure Ardius was able to dip into the 1:10's, while my best was in the low 1:11's. If it weren't for some bad luck, I'm sure he would've made things more interesting for me.

Even though I have family in Indianapolis, and live in the neighboring state, the F1 circuit there has never impressed me. I find it flat and boring. I think Coulthard said it best, calling the infield portion "Mickey Mouse". Not my best track, but I'll see what I can do to defend my 6th place in the championship.

As of now, I'm retiring from the championship as I will no longer be able to play. I've managed to secure a job at a certain company who happened to develop a certain game ;).
For now, its a late shift, doing 4.30pm till 12.00pm so obviously I can't make it back in time to race.

Have fun with the rest of the championship guys, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it and butting in from time to time. Good racing everyone. 👍

Hopefully I will be able to switch to a day shift soonish and maybe even a better job within the company, but we shall see.

Aww man, now what do I d ofor a teammate? Ardius, are you working for Polyphony Digital and on GT5 now :lol:. So, what is StudioLiverpool up to nowwadays? A new F1 game? :)

Well done on the job mate it's a shame you can't race with us as it's been good racing with you.
Will know doubt see you online in some room like we have done before and you being the tank hitting all the cars off the track.lol

No, Codemasters have the F1 license remember ;).

Blah.

Cheers King, I was doing a bit of that today actually! :P

Last edited:
You at Codies? Well done.

Leamington or Brum?

Edit: Seen your hint. Brum it is. What you doing there?

Well, I do need a teammate. So, yes, I think you can play today. Add me on PSN, and we cand do some practice now.

Back