5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
It could be crucial points towards the championship.

It won't bother me i would rather not race than sit in the bloody wall for half of it thats why i wanted to do silverstone after to make it a better evening racing.
Still think we should do both look at some of us we have missed races but we don't get anything back just a DNF against are name.:grumpy:

It won't bother me i would rather not race than sit in the bloody wall for half of it thats why i wanted to do silverstone after to make it a better evening racing.
Still think we should do both look at some of us we have missed races but we don't get anything back just a DNF against are name.:grumpy:

To be fair though, none of us who have missed races have asked for it to be changed to just 1 race while we're gone and F1Mad is in a battle for the title and 2 missed races will cost him vital points, so i think we should just do Monaco even though I hate it lol

Not expecting a very busy grid tonight but I have a fill-in for MadAd, and hoepfully King will turn up but that seems provisional at the moment.

Looking forward to this, Ardius is quick round here and I have yet to see Jordy's and Lofasz's pace round Monaco, so I'm looking forward to this.

I can do 1:11's here, but that doesn't seem like much. I'lll just try and keep a crash-less race, and gain places from others crashing.

Monaco: Started 7th, Finished 3rd
Well it feels good to finally debut on the podium! After some good practice sessions and an average qualifying, I was pumped for this race. I know I can maintain a relatively consistent pace with few errors here so I was expecting a decent result. I couldn't have asked for better.
My start was poor, losing a few more places due to a penalty but I made up the positions over the rest of the race as people made mistakes. I initially battled with PJ for much of the 1st half and then later I was trading laptimes with Lofasz who I kept a decent gap to. A satisfying result "for sure".

Silverstone: Started 6th, Finished 7th
Here, not so good. I enjoy Silverstone in the wet, but I never go very well. I started the race 1 lap down thanks to the lap bug. I then made an instant mistake on lap 2, smashing into the barrier after turn 1. After that it was simply trundling around hoping people would fall off. I pitted earlier to get my pits out of the way and try to run a long stint at the end to help my consistencey. This put me ahead of GINTY and Jordy near the end of the race, though Jordy left or got disconnected unfortunately. I'm happy with 7th as I wasn't the fastest nor the most consistent here.

Overall, a good points haul for Arrows, PJ finished strong at Silverstone to add to my podium. 👍👍

Monaco Results:

Fastest Lap: DonkeyFuzz - 1:10.430

1. DonkeyFuzz (+- 0)
2. F1MadAd (+- 0)
3. Ardius (Up 4)
4. Lofasz (Down 1)
5. Gyles69 (Up 6)
6. KingMart1n (Down 1)
7. PJ-FFL (Down 3)
8. Ginty1 (Down 2)
9. Jordy7777 (Down 2)

Qualifying Results:

Race Results:

Monaco qualified 5th (i think) finished 6th(i think)

No much to say had two early crashs then just drove till the end and getting my p.b of 1,11,3. Plus i don't know why pj doesn't think i pitted twice but i can honestly say i did.

Silverstone qualified 5th finished 4th.

Another first few bad laps then i done just the same as monaco just kept on going and made my way through the field. Have to say me and nev was quicker there the other night in the 1,22s without trying.

Silverstone Results:

Fastest Lap: DonkeyFuzz - 1:22.432

1. DonkeyFuzz (+- 0)
2. Gyles69 (+- 0)
3. F1MadAd (+- 0)
4. KingMart1n (Up 1)
5. Lofasz (Up 3)
6. PJ-FFL (Down 2)
7. Ardius (Down 1)
8. Ginty1 (Down 1)
9. Jordy7777 (Up 1)

Qualifying Results:

Race Results:

Last edited:
First of all i wasn't expecting to be here this week due to my internet problems. No practice all week, and hadn't really geared myself up for a night of racing. Excuses, excuses lol

Monaco

Started 2nd, Finished 2nd

Got a penalty, and then stuck it in the wall a lap or so later. Got myself together and spent the rest of the race playing catch-up. Was banging in some good laps, but not enough to catch NEV who was driving an impecable race upfront. At the end of the race i found that i actually didn't have to pit twice and was in position to win the race. But i knew the rules so i pitted last lap and came 2nd. Like i said an impecable drive from NEV, and also a good 3rd place from ARDIUS...

Silverstone

Started 3rd, Finished 3rd

Good start taking the lead after the first lap. NEV was right on me though, and caught up with me a lap or so later. We then spent the rest of the race locked in a tight battle for the lead. Me and NEV are so close on pace it amazes me every time we battle like this. We both sometimes take different lines and have different braking points, but the end result is exactly the same it's crazy. For the last stop NEV pitted early so i had 3 laps to push hard and try and make a gap. Was going well until i pushed that bit too hard, got a tank slapper, and put it in the wall. That not only cost me 1st, but 2nd aswell as GYLES was not too far behind. Another great race NEV i really enjoyed that battle, if it had have gone on like that 'til the end i would have said one of the best ever considering it was in the wet...

Now i have lost the lead in the champ to NEV now being 1 point behind. But really that is so tiny we are basically neck and neck in my mind. Considering i was set to miss this week, i'm just glad i scored some points and kept the championship alive :)

Got disconnected at Silverstone which was annoying but didn't think I had much chance of points anyway. Light Rain is so awfully bad just random spins for no reason at all lol.

Monaco:

Started 1st, Finished 1st

Well, I did a pretty awsome qualifying time of 1:09.739 which was the best lap I've ever done round here so I was pleased and thought, I have a shot at winning this. I got off to a good start and held my ground but I think MadAd did overtake me at one point but then unfortunately he recieved a penalty and that left me on my own. It was from then a very quiet race, banged in the fastest lap and started to settle down doing around dead on 1:11's. It was great to see MadAd come through second to make a Hesketh 1-2 and that left me in 2nd place in the championship by 3 points.

Very pleased with this and got the perfect race, Pole, Win and Fastest Lap.

Also a very big well done to Ardius who came through 3rd after a super race by him.

Silverstone:

Started 1st, Finished 1st

Qualified on pole after a decent qualy lap but as King mentioned, we were a lot quicker in practice for some reason. I didn't get the best start as I almost did a Vettel so I had to brake hard before spinning or getting a penalty. It wad me, MadAd, Gyles and King but King made a mistake in maggots which left it to the three of us. However, myself and MadAd started to pull away and the fight was on. Basically, its what normally happens with me and MadAd, trading place all the while and then it came to 5-6 laps before the end of the race and whilst going through sector 3 MadAd passed me and I made the choice to come in early instead of pushing to hard through the next few laps. Fortunately for me but not the team, MadAd had an accident down at Farm/Abbey and left me to take the win with Gyles coming in a strong 2nd ahead of my team mate.

Almost a perfect race, had all 3 things but it was not a 1-2.

Back to back wins, woop woop, and I will say MadAd, how does that happen?

See you next Friday guys at Montreal where I did not attend last year and it was a fight that went down to the last corner.

As for my performance, I could've done better, but I'm quite happy with the results I got.

Monaco was a little rough, with me spinning on the final right left on lap 1. After that, the race went smoothly for me. I do hope that F1 2010 allows tuning the car for online play, as its always difficult for me to adjust to the online default setup. No excuses though. I felt pretty good about my qualifying 3rd, though I know I could shave a few tenths off for sure. I think my fastest lap during the race was a sub 1:11.5.

Silverstone went better than I expected. I was confused and thought we were only racing at Monaco this week. I've never been terribly fast in the wet, especially w/ the default setup (somebody call me a waaaaaambulance :sly:). My qualifying showed my lack of practice at rain driving. I finally got into the low 1:25's during the race - I know I could've pushed more, but I probably would've ended up spinning out more too. I probably wouldn't have beaten PJ if it weren't for his little mistake on the final turn, a few laps from the end. I was nose deep in his rooster tail for a good portion of the race, finding sections where I would gain on him, then ones where he'd repeatedly pull away. Those last two laps were intense though. I think he pitted 2 laps from the end, while I waited and pitted at the beginning of the last lap. I was pushing pretty hard on my in lap, w/ the light fuel load. A few more laps and PJ might've caught up to me.

Fun racing with you guys, as always. 👍

Monaco:-

Unfortunately I got disconnected and could not put in a qualy time.

Started from the back and a few laps in I was in second place, lapping in the low 1:11's and a few high 1:10's. Things were looking good and with 6 laps gone I hit the wall and slowly started to fall back. Glad to have finished 5th to score some crucial points.

Well done Nev on a great win, fantastic come back for MadAd but the driver of the day was Ardius, great podium and congrats 👍

Silverstone:-

Great qualy to put it on the front row and for the first time this season my race pace was consistent with my qualy pace. I was very lucky to nick 2nd from MadAd but Nev showed us all on how it's done, good job there :)

I am really looking forward to Montreal, and will try my best to stay with the leaders :crazy:

Meh, today, I was awesome in qualifying, scoring 4th places in both, but I kept my cool for all of both races so as to not make a big mistake and screw it up, but that cost me places in both races. I should have took the risk and gone faster, and I might have been able to keep my places. But what was up with king beating me at Monaco. I was always ahead of him, until I made my 2nd pit stop. Saw him ahead and thought that he had a stop left to do. But he didn't stop again.

So, Montreal next week? Great, I like that track a lot and I could qualify in the midpack once again.

Table is updated:

Next race is Montreal which always seems to take me a good few laps to get into rhythm round there so alot of practicing is needed for me I think.

But what was up with king beating me at Monaco. I was always ahead of him, until I made my 2nd pit stop. Saw him ahead and thought that he had a stop left to do. But he didn't stop again.

I told you i done my stops early at one point nev was just about to overtake me but he had his second stop to do. Plus i wouldn't cheat as people who do that really get to me so i wouldn't do it myself.

I told you i done my stops early at one point nev was just about to overtake me but he had his second stop to do. Plus i wouldn't cheat as people who do that really get to me so i wouldn't do it myself.

I'll vouch for King, I doubt he did make only 1 stop as this is a fair championship and I don't think any of us would do it. Also King is notorius for pitting early, just look at San Marino, he came in on lap 4 I think.

I think PJ should think a bit harder about other possibilities, rather than jump straight to the conclusion that King cheated. I too trust King not to cheat, he has never before.
As has been said (repeatedly I must say too), King pits early, its a tactic he prefers. He then caught PJ up enough to jump him despite already pitting twice, I did a similar thing at Silverstone on GINTY and Jordy.

A bit of trust goes a long way PJ ;), by all means ask if you are not sure if someone has followed the rules and bring it to Nev's attention. But sometimes its not so simple as "I saw this therefore he can only have cheated". I hope King doesn't take PJ's questions personally, its easy to feel aggrieved immediately after a race and perhaps say slightly more emotional things.

I hope King doesn't take PJ's questions personally, its easy to feel aggrieved immediately after a race and perhaps say slightly more emotional things.

Haha mate nah i didn't mate it doesn't bother me as long as i know as i have stuck to the rules i can sleep easy. Thanks though Nev and Ardius for backing it very nice of you both and for anyone who has raced with me in rooms know i can't stand people who cheat it really get under my skin.

Montreal Race Preview:

imgres

So we head to Canada where last year saw some brilliant racing, and nearly saw F1MadAd secure his second win but Gyles made a fantastic comeback after a dismal start to the race, just 2 tenths between the two of them in the final result. The final podium spot went to King who I'm sure will be searching for that again with his highest finishing so far this season being 4th.

Here is the link to last seasons results:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3822924&postcount=371

But remember, this season is hotting up as we're already nearly half way through! There's battles to be fought everywhere at the moment, not just at the top but from 11th-6th it's all to play for, just 10 points seperating 6 drivers. I'm sure FunkMonk would like to start joining this battle but with 1 point, he needs to make a mark. Then as we get higher up King and Gyles could turn into an interesting battle if King brings home consistent results or will Gyles stretch his lead and join the battle with MadAd and myself? It's all to play for at the Gilles Villeneuve Circuit.

Will anyone crash into the notorious wall of champions? Who knows!

I'm looking forward to this race as well. It's one of my favourite tracks, and i'm quick and consistent here. Last season, I was up to 3rd, because of overtaking those who made mistakes ahead of me, and things were gong well, until 2 annoying 4 year olds came and broke my concentration and kept on jumping on me, which caused me to crash many times. Hopefully nothing like that will happen here, and hopefully I can get ahead of Lofasz in this race, whose 1 point ahead:mischievous:, and stay ahead of Ardius, whose only 1 point behind:scared:

Much as I ''would like to make a mark'' I'm afraid that I'll be going on holiday soon and as such will miss the next 2-4 races. Hopefully after that I will be in a position to attend more far more races.

Once again, apologies for any inconvencience and the overall poor attendance.

Will you guys do this for f1 2010 because I would join

Most likely there will be but you'll have to sign up quickly as I'm sure the places will be filled up quite quickly. I'm suprised that the GTPlanet moderators and co. haven't set up a forum for F1 2010 yet.

Back