6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

What HP/kgs are you guys at for the 390PP Toyota 86 GT?
... best I could do was 2nd with the RX-7 in the lead...
The RX-7 is something like 10-20seconds faster than the Supra at Aso, just back out until the RX-7 isn't in the field.

I'm going to voice what's probably a minority viewpoint here, judging from the discussions I see here.

They should not allow the power limiter in these seasonals.

Frankly, I had a lot of trouble beating Tokyo with 500PP and just beat Aso with 364PP (very noticeable difference between 360PP and 364PP), it's really the car/driver/track/competition combo that's makes it easy or challenging

These new seasonals are great fun, so much more variety than before ,was really getting bored of the old 400/500/650 pp format.

I aim to gold the challenges using a 450pp car (double reward) as i did with the FF challenge, i've been able to gold 4 races using an mx-5 and a bmw 1 series, really struggling to get gold in tokyo tho.

Can't believe some of you are beating this with under 400pp cars when i'm struggling for gold in tokyo with a 450pp car lol, will definally give it a go tho as i love the challenge.

I personally don't agree, disallowing the power limiter is just another form of control and limits people to only use certain cars. Variety is the spice of life, only my opinion though and of course you are entitled to yours. :)

I found autum ring to be the hardest event at the 450pp lvl the rest where fairly easy and i must say the Aso track they got is really fun.

Well I can for the life in me see how people can do these in a 400pp Volvo Estate, or something that is 350pp when I cant even win at Autumn Ring in my 475pp Nissan Fairlady Z33.

The 2 previous races I was at about 465pp and won with a few seconds but I cant catch 1st place here even in a car as good as this.

snowgt
I'm going to voice what's probably a minority viewpoint here, judging from the discussions I see here.

I see yr point, snowgt..ive been avoiding using the power limiter and ballast on these challenges. As a result, ive driven heaps of lower pp cars I had never thought about driving before.

For example; Would you....
A- tune a 360pp car up to 400pp
B- run a 600pp touring car down to 400pp with sports tyres, max ballast, dirty oil & reduced power.

I personally don't agree, disallowing the power limiter is just another form of control and limits people to only use certain cars. Variety is the spice of life, only my opinion though and of course you are entitled to yours. :)

You would have far less scope for gradually reducing pp if you get rid of the power limiter. I vote it stays

+1, I'd go even further with that comment mate. I don't think they should allow powerlimiter or increasing ballast in the game at ALL

Still cant win after 5pp increments (from 475 to 480 to 485!) and the 485pp I was 5sec off 1st place. Its like they are getting faster and harder the more I up my game :|

Going up 10pp this time as I'm sick of repeating this race now.

if that dont works, tune a ft86 to 500pp and you win

That's what I'm trying not to do, use a 500pp car ;)

Anyway it was about a second a lap slower then the Z33 but I managed to win by a few seconds at 487pp which is how it was.

Sweet I can move on now.

That's what I'm trying not to do, use a 500pp car ;)

Anyway it was about a second a lap slower then the Z33 but I managed to win by a few seconds at 487pp which is how it was.

Sweet I can move on now.

haha, tune it to 499pp :)

now it will be easy

I just have mt Aso to do now. I did the other 4 with a stock Amuse R1 that needed an oil change which put the PP at around 470. After the oil change, it bumped me up to 482.
I think it would be really cool if tires also affected your winnings. Medium Sport? NO problem! Hard comfort? All over the place!!

Currently trying to Gold Tokyo R246 using the Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R '69 with 395pp...

I finished 3rd so I guess a little bit of tuning will help... If i can make it, I'll post some pictures :D

Just beat the BMW on Cape Ring with the Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
Had to defend 1st position on main straight at the end!!
1,133,250cr (831,050 pda)
390pp/178bhp
1225kg
- Turn 1 - keep it above 50mph - 80kph
- exit turn 2 and 3 at 85mph - 136kph
- try to maintain at least 104mph - 167kph on the long left hander
- hit the final apex at 80mph - 129kph.

And don't hit anyone! Pump in consistent laps of 1.01 mins (1.02 for lap1)

height -8/-8
springs 7.2/7.4 (fairly soft to maintain speed over curbs)
all dampers 4
anti-roll bars 6/6
camber F0.8 R0.5
Toe F-0.20 R 0.20
LSD 20, 53, 20
Tranny 137mph - 220kph
brakes f7 r5
Drivetrain upgrades and sports ecu
Upgrades to intake and exhausts.
No engine/weight/turbo upgrades.
Settings aren't perfect - there's so much more performance to be gained by a better set up that this.

Autumn Ring was so much fun in the GT86 @ 432PP!

I had a nice race earlier @ Autumn Ring with the M3 CSL @ 430pp, can go much lower as I won by nearly 5 seconds. Don't remember who the leader was, only that it was not the Shelby. 👍

use the SZ-R the non turbo is easier and not as twitchy plus if you are a gluton for punishment like me the stock trans is geared lower in non turbo to compensate for the lack of the turbo.

Car:SUPRA SZ-R 499PP
Course: High Speed Ring
Results: Won by about 5 seconds.
Leader at start:The Shelby Series One

I'll tune it down and see if I can up the Performance difference adjustment(it was only 17,000CR for this race BUT THE INTENT IS TO LOWER THE PERFORMANCE POINTS...EHHHEMMMM). Here is a video of that race. Sorry for the poor quality:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hXzMZ-DBmw

Last edited:
Used a 404pp Series 1 on Mt. Aso and beat the M3. Got a nice 1.2 million cr with 200% bonus.

Some tells me it's not just about PP...

What did you expect? your only 1PP below the limit

The point was to post a reply, of sorts, to mister chev69elle. He asked me to use the SUPRA SZ-R. The intent was to win and work the performance points down from there. So, it was a start. I take offense when people would rather criticize with no advice than to constructively criticize. I'm well aware of the fact that 499PP is 1 below the 500PP, but I was attempting to defeat the Shelby Series One. If you have a tune which works for the SUPRA SZ-R at a lower PP, be my guest. My intent is to find a tune which works for the seasonal and, in turn, help others having difficulty finding a car or tune.It is my understanding that some of the GT planet users come here for help, advice and constructive criticism on tuning, cars to use, etc, do they not?

For those who are wondering, I'm currently using someone else's tune for the SUPRA SZ-R suspension and LSD with a few minor tweaks. Having said that, I tuned the transmission myself using a method I saw posted on this site(Final gear to the right all the way-top speed to the left all the way). If anyone know's the original poster of that method, feel free to credit him. I'm not here for fame or recognition. I'm here to help and be helped, respectfully.

Last edited:
I see yr point, snowgt..ive been avoiding using the power limiter and ballast on these challenges. As a result, ive driven heaps of lower pp cars I had never thought about driving before.

For example; Would you....
A- tune a 360pp car up to 400pp
B- run a 600pp touring car down to 400pp with sports tyres, max ballast, dirty oil & reduced power.

Definitely A. I mean, it's not like the game wouldn't offer literally hundreds of cars you could try that are below the PP limit for any category like 400 or 500 PP as we have seen. What also happens when you downtune higher PP cars, is most of the time the AI cars and yours go completely out of sync. Acceleration and braking get slower, but cornering is not affected that much. That means you end up with wildly differing corner speeds (to your benefit) and straight line speeds (to AI benefit). Not much real racing for my taste.

+1, I'd go even further with that comment mate. I don't think they should allow powerlimiter or increasing ballast in the game at ALL

I wouldn't go THAT far. I have no problem with ballast the way it is. I do not like the power limiter going down as much as 50% and that it works like a pop-off valve instead of an air restrictor (there are other topics where this has been discussed at length). I think that gives down-tuned cars an unfair advantage.

For me personally, it doesn't make much sense to tune a car into a racing machine with weight reductions and stage tuning galore and then down-tune it to something below what it was in stock condition. In theory, that should not give you any advantage, if PP's are the same. But sadly, it does.

Merc 190E 2.5 16 Evo II '91
Mt Asso - 1.4 mil cr against the RX7 Spirit. Taken on penultimate corner. Nice ride!
381pp 178bhp

Back