6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

Loving these races, lots of fun in an under powered car. The Mt.Aso configuration in this is great to!

Hey everyone... I just beat MT.Aso with a Toyota 86GT@345pp with Praiano's Tune.

Lap 1. 1.20:468
Lap 2. 1.16:718
Lap 3. 1.16:715
Lap 4. 1.17:174
Lap 5. 1.19:527
Lap 6. 1.17:064
Lap 7. 1.17:588 Took the lead on the final turn blocked a bit on the straight.
Total Time: 9.05:588

At the head of the pack was the Infinity Coupe Concept '06. Beat him by +0.166

Total Payout: $1,736,300 with 200%bonus (PDA $1,378,300)

XxThePiff
Hey everyone... I just beat MT.Aso with a Toyota 86GT@345pp with Praiano's Tune.

Lap 1. 1.20:468
Lap 2. 1.16:718
Lap 3. 1.16:715
Lap 4. 1.17:174
Lap 5. 1.19:527
Lap 6. 1.17:064
Lap 7. 1.17:588 Took the lead on the final turn blocked a bit on the straight.
Total Time: 9.05:588

At the head of the pack was the Infinity Coupe Concept '06. Beat him by +0.166

Total Payout: $1,736,300 with 200%bonus (PDA $1,378,300)

Well done! I couldn't really do this event with my DS3, will need to wait for my wheel! I only tried Cape Ring and MT Aso: CR:1st at 390pp, Aso: DNF! Lol!

Will try 350PP @ Mt Aso although it seems far too low.
Had a ball there with my LFA @ 440PP yesterday, great track which I'll utilise more often.

I won by 10.117 seconds at 366PP. 350 isn't the lowest this car is going to go. :scared:

Goin for 340 now!

Well done! I couldn't really do this event with my DS3, will need to wait for my wheel! I only tried Cape Ring and MT Aso: CR:1st at 390pp, Aso: DNF! Lol!

I'm at 355 to my best ability with a DS3, with some practice you can win. :)

But what are you all doing at Tokyo? The AI are definitely a bit faster on this course. The best I've been able to do with the GT is 430pp. Has anybody been able to do 430pp on Tokyo in a different car?

From what I've been seeing, people have been using cars up near 500PP to beat this one, I think you're fine with the 86GT at 430PP.

I pretty much mastered the turns doing MT.Aso having done it over twenty times already lol. But with my DS3 I have managed to beat it at 345pp. But i beat him by 0.166 so i dont think i'll be trying lower. I you manage to go lower let me know so I can try.

I pretty much mastered the turns doing MT.Aso having done it over twenty times already lol. But with my DS3 I have managed to beat it at 345pp. But i beat him by 0.166 so i dont think i'll be trying lower. I you manage to go lower let me know so I can try.

All I know is 340 is nearly impossible, the amount you gain in the turns is lost in the straight. You would need an amazing transmission setup to win it.

All I know is 340 is nearly impossible, the amount you gain in the turns is lost in the straight. You would need an amazing transmission setup to win it.

Yeah, i agree. I tried 340pp but i failed. I tried twice but i might try again tonight. Hopefully i have better luck.

I'm at 355 to my best ability with a DS3, with some practice you can win. :)

From what I've been seeing, people have been using cars up near 500PP to beat this one, I think you're fine with the 86GT at 430PP.

Looks like Tokyo is the next test then with the 86 GT. I originally won it with my LFA @ 440PP.

I used the Opera S2000 at Cape Ring and I suddenly remembered why I used this car to death in the World Compact Car Kart Race. Even with the transmission up from the lowest possible it was still a fun car to plant and drive and it almost never shows any disobedience.

Used it at 450 PP and will probably try to knock it lower. The C12 I used previously was good at 475 but when I used full ballast on it the car felt lethargic and porpoised.

wow you guys are getting lucky with some of the AI, im getting nothing but M3's and shelby's.
managed to beat mt aso at 380 pp after a couple of tries.
(p.s. found out you cant drive up turn 1 from a standing start)

Last edited:
Haven't been online in GT5 for a long time, but now, I got kinda addicted to it again! What did you guys used to win the races?

wow you guys are getting lucky with some of the AI, im getting nothing but M3's and shelby's.
managed to beat mt aso at 380 pp after a couple of tries.
(p.s. found out you cant drive up turn 1 from a standing start)

If you exit the race every time the Shelby/M3 is 1st on the line up eventually you'll get to where the Corvette has pole position. That is the one I find the easiest to beat.

I reckon Mt Aso is a ripper course.

Just won Tokyo @ 420pp with the 86 GT. Was up the lead cars clacker at the last turn to the big straight at lap 4.
Forgot to check what I won by or my time but I was well ahead at the line.
I'll see if I can get it on the replay.
I did have a very good run where nearly everything worked for me but I think I can get a bit lower pp yet, 410 maybe, 400pp, or maybe not?
Total time on the replay was 10m 16 sec and best lap was 2:00790.

I have nothing better to do at 11PM. :P

That pretty much sums up Seasonals for me these days.
I'm tired of chasing rabbits. I'd love a 12 car grid start with screaming fans and tire smoke. This has been beat to death, but still very relevant I hope in future events.

XXI
That pretty much sums up Seasonals for me these days.
I'm tired of chasing rabbits. I'd love a 12 car grid start with screaming fans and tire smoke. This has been beat to death, but still very relevant I hope in future events.

I see what you mean. Really, I've only been using seasonals as a way to spend time with cars I've barely put miles on so I can get to know each one at a deeper level. This makes the chasing format of these races a bit less dull for me.

It'd be great if PD gave out unique prizes for winners in these challenges, say for placing first with a 380pp car in a 500pp challenge. I'll never forget konami giving out awesome stuff to winners of Tournaments and on special occasions on MGO2..

Was getting tired of using the 86 GT as I couldn't win at 415pp and so looked for another car.
Tried the Toyota FT-Concept 09, no real tune, just lowered it a bit and upped the springs a bit and put some camber on. Added a few add ons and raced it at Toyoko @ 415 pp and won. So tried it @ 410 pp and also won.
At 410 pp the hp is 190, win $1,300,965, Exp 130290.
Will try this car tomorrow at a lower pp but will try and find a published tune for it first. Maybe use the same one from the 86 GT.

Was getting tired of using the 86 GT as I couldn't win at 415pp and so looked for another car.
Tried the Toyota FT-Concept 09, no real tune, just lowered it a bit and upped the springs a bit and put some camber on. Added a few add ons and raced it at Toyoko @ 415 pp and won. So tried it @ 410 pp and also won.
At 410 pp the hp is 190, win $1,300,965, Exp 130290.
Will try this car tomorrow at a lower pp but will try and find a published tune for it first. Maybe use the same one from the 86 GT.

Use Praiano's 450PP tune for it. I'm using it without aero mods and without any HP increasing mod other than the Titanium exhaust.

Here it is 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6382507#post6382507

Did it with a 450PP BMW Z4M. Tried others like the DB9, Maserati, etc, but liked the BMW the best. The FT86/86GT was also pretty good (and I see above, it's the car of choice). Will see what else I can come up with...

For a change of pace (literally) I pulled out a 54 Corvette.

Went to CR and got the Supra on pole.

Tried it at 400 and no dice. The speed was there but it refused to corner. It wasn't loose or tight. It just slid all 4.

I messed with the suspension and I could get to go loose or tight but just no grip.

So I bumped it to 420 and went faster but still losing it in the turns.

Went up to 430 and finally had enough speed to make up for what was lost in the turns. It took me 2 tries because I found that the 54 Corvette hates curbs. I hopped the inside tires over the curb like I normally do and it sent the car spinning.

An interesting ride but never going to challenge for low PP.

Think I'll have a go in the 300SL...

I have beaten Mt Aso with 360pp Honda S2000 that i found in the used car dealership and it needs an oil change

Blitz24
I used the Opera S2000 at Cape Ring and I suddenly remembered why I used this car to death in the World Compact Car Kart Race. Even with the transmission up from the lowest possible it was still a fun car to plant and drive and it almost never shows any disobedience.

Used it at 450 PP and will probably try to knock it lower. The C12 I used previously was good at 475 but when I used full ballast on it the car felt lethargic and porpoised.

Just beaten the M3 cape ring S2000 Opera at 400pp

Honda S2000 06' Tune

My Honda S2000 '06 tune, bought straight from the dealership for 37,800 credits and finished in a time of 8:46.997 at Mt.Aso.

Ideal car for racing against those RX-7's & BMW's on Mt.Aso in which this car was specially tuned for & no other track.

Hope you enjoy it, it's a change from the GT86 for sure :).

I've lost my memory card for my mobile so I haven't got any pictures but here was the line up I faced:

RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '02
Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
350Z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd. (Z33) '05
RX-7 Type RS (FD) '00
Mustang GT '05
BMW M Coupe '98
Soarer 2.5GT-T '97
Prowler '02
Aristo 3.0V '92

Rewards: Credits: 1,217,200 (PDA: 1,038,200)

The 300SL again proves that old doesn't mean bad.

With upgraded drivetrain, close ratio tranny, adjustable suspension and a few kgs of ballast to bring it to 400PP I beat the Grand Sport at CR.

(Chromeline model. Not sure exactly what differences there are.)

As far as I know, there are no differences. I'll try it with the same setup, see if it works out for me as well. How much additional money did you get from it?

Latest Posts

Back