6 Minute Challenge: Nürburgring + Sport Hard

• Thread starter Egghead43
  • 154 comments
Yev
The Amuse S2000 GT1 is a tuner/road legal car with race car-like bodykit and downforce.
Do you see the rollbar in it? Nope.
Rollbar is a must for race cars.
Caparo T1 is a road car too, just the prototype/test model tested by Top Gear didn't pass the speedbump test but it is road legal (it's registerd in UK).
Get your facts right. 👍

I get your point, but I think you are missing mine...

Second:
- Correct me if I am wrong, but Amuse is not classified as a manufacturer (unlike RUF), and thus are a tuner, in which case then is not a production car.
- A role bar is not what makes a car a "race car". A 100+ point list of requirements and regulations is.
- Caparo T1 is not legal in the all of the EU or US, same deal with the Radical. I will give it does have 2 seats.

I get your point, but I think you are missing mine...

Second:
- Correct me if I am wrong, but Amuse is not classified as a manufacturer (unlike RUF), and thus are a tuner, in which case then is not a production car.
- A role bar is not what makes a car a "race car". A 100+ point list of requirements and regulations is.
- Caparo T1 is not legal in the all of the EU or US, same deal with the Radical. I will give it does have 2 seats.

Amuse S2000 isn't a production car, it's a car which Amuse made in cooperation with PD.
It's not a race car though and it is road legal. Only a few have been built.
Also I know that roll bars aren't used only in race cars but I was just saying that it's not a race car.
As for the T1, in UK it's road legal and for USA, well all I know is that the Porsche 959 wasn't road legal in USA until '95. As far as I know, for a car to be road legal 3 cars must be given to some officials for crash-testing purposes. And frankly I don't see Caparo giving them.

Gave it a try yesterday evening (breaking the 7-minute-barrier in a stock Amuse S2000 GT1) and I'm at 7:13 with one off. Might be more work than I've thought.

Just posting a random sports hard youtube vid to hopefully get the ball rolling. It would be nice to see your laps (not because I doubt the times). I'll be sure to post one of my laps soon too (whenever I shave off these darn 13 seconds …)

P.S.: When it comes to the Radical/Caparo road car discussion, I respect both views. Different rules exist in different context – I guess the rules for this thread are clear. Personally, I like the Radical very much because of his lightweight concept, simplicity and fantastic engine.

Last edited:
Fully tuned Alfa 8C Competizione = 7:17.789 with a couple mistakes. This car is NOT good for sub-7 minute times on these tires.

....next.

I have just tried a fully tuned Enzo... Just to find out how bad I am at this game. Or is it the car?
Can't even go full throttle on a straight if it has a bump...

McLaren F1 6.46.225

Yev
Proof maybe?

I'd really like to see that replay too, must have been a perfect lap!

I have replays of all my laps except in the GT1 & Veyron (forgot to save those), but i'll try to improve the Veyron lap and save it this time, don't care so much about the GT1 since it's questionable anyway.
Is there a way to upload them here, or do i have to make a google account to regain access to my youtube account?

I'll run it again today if you guys want, this time I'll remember to save the replay lol.

That would be great, i guess most of us could learn from it, i'm curious where i lose the most time. Shame there is no way (afaik) to send replays via PSN and use them as ghost replays.
I wonder how fast you'd be in a Viper ACR, for me it's quicker and easier to drive.

Easy enough to copy your replay to a USB then send it vai e-mail or attach it here... then it can be downloaded and used as a ghost.

Easy enough to copy your replay to a USB then send it vai e-mail or attach it here... then it can be downloaded and used as a ghost.

Thanks, got them copied and zipped on PC now, but since they're slightly bigger than 1mb i can't upload them here.
If anyone is interested, drop me a pm and i'll send them to you via e-mail.

Yev
The Amuse S2000 GT1 is a tuner/road legal car with race car-like bodykit and downforce.
Do you see the rollbar in it? Nope.
Rollbar is a must for race cars.
Caparo T1 is a road car too, just the prototype/test model tested by Top Gear didn't pass the speedbump test but it is road legal (it's registerd in UK).
Get your facts right. 👍

I honestly don't give a crap whether the car is legal, all I was saying is that you answered a whole paragraph of valid points with half a sentence that had no proof behind it whatsoever. But you seemed to have fixed that, so nevermind.

Thanks, got them copied and zipped on PC now, but since they're slightly bigger than 1mb i can't upload them here.
If anyone is interested, drop me a pm and i'll send them to you via e-mail.

Go faster, the replay will be shorter and it may fit. ;)

The R8 V10 will definitely run sub 7 minutes. I ran a 7.06 with 3 offs on an out lap today. Going give it a serious run sometime over the weekend, but I reckon a 6.55 would be doable.

i have a REAL hard time believing that McLaren F1 time haha that car gets so squirrely even with a wheel, and especially on anything less than racing softs...i'm going to give this a go though, probably with an 4WD to start

i have a REAL hard time believing that McLaren F1 time haha that car gets so squirrely even with a wheel, and especially on anything less than racing softs...i'm going to give this a go though, probably with an 4WD to start

You need to put the wings on it and max the front and rear aero... it ends up with as much downforce as most race cars. After that it becomes quite tame with the right settings.

So far I have gotten a stock Amuse S2000 w. sports hards in the 7:09 area. I do not think it can break 7 min. The Mclaren F1 however I have gotten to 7:05 stock from my first lap of 7:10. I know I can get below 7. It has the top end needed that the Amuse does not have. The Amuse has better grip, but it just does not have the speed. Given a perfect lap the F1 is quicker. Honestly try getting a clean lap (no major oversteer and no offs) with the F1, its near impossible. Mid corner to exit at any speed below 100mph it just gets super feisty. Once I get it I will not only upload a file but I will take a video of the replay.

*my* wall for a clean lap seems to be 7:30.

7.28 430 scuderia
7.30 mclaren f1
7:33 enzo ferrari

7:3x 458 ferrair
7:3x lexus IS F

That mclaren was a total bitch to drive online so I really was impressed by the times posted here. But offline with rear aero it's actually a nice drive. That is to say I am pretty disappointed in the online/offline physics differences. Out of the cars I have tried above I think the f1 is my best bet but I can't see me shaving 30 seconds off though.

My throttle control for FR has impoved hugely from trying to hit 7mins. But again I remember it being much harder online.

Work in progress: 7:11 with the Amuse S2000 GT1. Sports hard tires, brake bias 5/4, other than that completely stock.

Haven't given up on the subject, but it might be just out of reach for me, at least with reasonable amount of work …
:banghead:

P.S.: Oh yeah – 3 wheels in the sandpit at 1:15. I almost forgot. That one alone is worth 2 seconds at least.

Work in progress: 7:11 with the Amuse S2000 GT1. Sports hard tires, brake bias 5/4, other than that completely stock.

Haven't given up on the subject, but it might be just out of reach for me, at least with reasonable amount of work …
:banghead:

P.S.: Oh yeah – 3 wheels in the sandpit at 1:15. I almost forgot. That one alone is worth 2 seconds at least.

Woah your really pushing the car there 👍 . I can easily see you hitting a high 6 minute if you can keep the tail in check :dopey: .

I did a 6:56:7xx on a Mecca F1.

Replay saved.

Hey lampadione, I didn't know you were on GTPlanet.

When you get a chance, can you let me know what the "xx" of your time was? I put you behind Quasi for now, but who knows, maybe you beat him by a hundredth (or thousandth) :sly:

Leaderboards have been combined since there weren't that many 4wd times anyways.

I got two new times:

666PP R390 Road Car: 6:41,721
645PP Audi R8 5.2 FSI: 6:51,049

Both replays available. I wouldn't mind at all if the Nissan gets disqualified, since it's not much of a road car, despite the name (i had to trade my soul for it, btw).

Go faster, the replay will be shorter and it may fit. ;)
:lol: Brilliant! I should've thought of the 1mb limit while driving!

I did a 6:56:7xx on a Mecca F1.

Replay saved.

Hi Lampadione :cheers:

Last edited:
So far I have gotten a stock Amuse S2000 w. sports hards in the 7:09 area. I do not think it can break 7 min. The Mclaren F1 however I have gotten to 7:05 stock from my first lap of 7:10. I know I can get below 7. It has the top end needed that the Amuse does not have. The Amuse has better grip, but it just does not have the speed. Given a perfect lap the F1 is quicker. Honestly try getting a clean lap (no major oversteer and no offs) with the F1, its near impossible. Mid corner to exit at any speed below 100mph it just gets super feisty. Once I get it I will not only upload a file but I will take a video of the replay.

You did a 7:05 with a STOCK McLaren F1?!?? Have to take out mine and have a go myself. Props, would love to see the vid.

Hey lampadione, I didn't know you were on GTPlanet.

When you get a chance, can you let me know what the "xx" of your time was? I put you behind Quasi for now, but who knows, maybe you beat him by a hundredth (or thousandth) :sly:

Leaderboards have been combined since there weren't that many 4wd times anyways.

Hey Egghead (hey Q.)!

The actual time for the F1 is 6.56.743.

I just done a 6.59.689 with a Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo by the way.

I'm getting closer in the Enzo.

I've been running an hour or so each evening, working on the settings and gradually chipping time off. Just 3s off now. I have splits to run sub 7 minutes, but it's bloody difficult to run a lap right on the limit without making a few small mistakes when the car is so fast (>900bhp, c.1000kg, 235mph on the main straight).

It requires total concentration, lightening reactions (not something I'm blessed with!), braking waaaaay earlier than any other car I've driven round the 'Ring and a very, very sensitive right foot :lol:

So far, I've managed to dail out most of the understeer, and it's at the point now where the car will lift-off oversteer on occassion, so corner entry is sorted... but with that advantage comes the disadvantage of less of traction, meaning 4th gear wheelspin and oversteer has to be managed.

I'll hopefully get there over the next few days :)

Bummer. I didnt see my friend changed the tires before I started to play. Ill be back soon with something

Last edited:
Did a 6:49:8xx in my Viper ACR.
Made a phenomenal tune for it.
I can do much better with it, just need to warm up my tires a bit more.
*happyface*

I gave the Enzo another go, but fell short again. 7'03 is my best... though I tried it briefly with traction control (set a 1) and could get quite a decent gap on my ghost early on in the lap, so it may be possible using that aid... 1st time in GT games I've been quicker in any car with TC on, but getting the power down in the Enzo is quite a challenge over the bumps at the 'Ring.

Here are my settings if anyone else wants to play about with them, see if they can improve them and give it a go, feel free...

Ferrari Enzo, 922bhp, 1,064kg, sports hard

Gears
Set top speed to 273mph, then adjust the others as follows (should give 260mph top speed)...
1st 3241
2nd 2091
3rd 1483
4th 1183
5th 982
6th 842
Final 3632

LSD
50 40 5

Suspension
Ride +40 -25
Spring 16.0 12.5