6 Minute Challenge: Nürburgring + Sport Hard

• Thread starter Egghead43
  • 154 comments
I gave the Enzo another go, but fell short again. 7'03 is my best... though I tried it briefly with traction control (set a 1) and could get quite a decent gap on my ghost early on in the lap, so it may be possible using that aid... 1st time in GT games I've been quicker in any car with TC on, but getting the power down in the Enzo is quite a challenge over the bumps at the 'Ring.

Here are my settings if anyone else wants to play about with them, see if they can improve them and give it a go, feel free...

...snip...

Nice run in the Enzo :bowdown:
So close, but I imagine those 3 seconds are going to be pretty hard to find.
It would be so nice to have this car on the board, one more beast would be tamed 👍

Yev
6:49:697
Dodge Viper ACR

Cool, I updated the leaderboard and moved you up the board.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. To be honest, I haven't turned on the PS3 for nearly 2 weeks now due to travel and tweaking my back :grumpy:

The ZR1 is still next on my list, as it's so close to hitting the magical 6'xx mark :P

I'm short on credits right now. Is the McLaren F1 Stealth valid?

This car is insanely hard for me to drive. Maybe it's just my setup, but the car does not handle the bumps well at all. I haven't been able to manage a complete lap yet.

I have learned (the hard way...) to drive my Gran Turismo Formula on this track on racin' hards. Came back to the formula gt championship and aced a piece of cake in all tracks.

well, couldn't tame the F1 so I switched to the Amuse S2000. So far I have only managed 7:04.5xx. I'm very rusty at this track though so that time was on the second lap I completed without crashing in about an hour of trying :ouch:.

Since online's reconnection date is unknown I'll keep trying this until I get it.

I tried the TVR Speed 12 last night... very tricky, but definitely possible... took me a good few laps to find some settings that worked, but once I tamed most of the understeer I ran a 7'00.761.

Just needs a clean run to go sub 7 👍

I tried the TVR Speed 12 last night... very tricky, but definitely possible... took me a good few laps to find some settings that worked, but once I tamed most of the understeer I ran a 7'00.761.

Just needs a clean run to go sub 7 👍

Speed 12 on Sport Hards? :lol: Tiremarks all around the 'Ring! 👍 👍

You are completely mad, Stotty! But in a good way. Put it on Youtube, that must be spectacular to watch.

Heh, yes it will leave 2 thick black lines all the way from the exit of hairpin at the top of the hill to braking for the Karusell :lol:

Wheelspin in 5th gear... in a straight line.

Once I crack 7 minutes I'll post the replay and settings.

Not sure if this one really counts as I don't think the car even exists in a drivable form, but if anyone wants an easy car to run this challenge, the GT by Citroen Road car fits the bill.

Jumped in, ran the 1st sector 4 or 5 times to tweak the settings (no where near optimised!), then one full lap...

6'57.465

More work would see this one in to the 6'40's.

Replay and tune available.

Shame this seems to have lost momentum as I'm still finding it quite a good challenge.

Tried a couple more cars today... couldn't get rid of the understeer in the Jag XJ220, but surprisingly, given it's relatively low power and high weight (781bhp, 1,313kg), the Merc SLS was quite easy. I only ran 2 laps, 1st was a 7'00.2xx, 2nd was a 6'58.742 (at least a couple of seconds could be knocked off that time).

There must be a few more cars than can manage this :)

Shame this seems to have lost momentum as I'm still finding it quite a good challenge.

Tried a couple more cars today... couldn't get rid of the understeer in the Jag XJ220, but surprisingly, given it's relatively low power and high weight (781bhp, 1,313kg), the Merc SLS was quite easy. I only ran 2 laps, 1st was a 7'00.2xx, 2nd was a 6'58.742 (at least a couple of seconds could be knocked off that time).

There must be a few more cars than can manage this :)

It seems like a lot of things in GT5 have lost momentum since PSN went down. Thanks for keeping this one going, and getting a nice variety of cars on the board 👍 That was really the spirit of what I was trying to achieve, more of a personal challenge than an all out race.

I've updated the leaderboard, let me know if there's any times I missed.

Cool.

I'll keep posting stuff then... here are 2 more :)

Tommy Kaira ZZII '00 (1 lap run)...

6'56.463

Mercedes SLR (2 laps)...

6'58.743

Cool.

I'll keep posting stuff then... here are 2 more :)

Tommy Kaira ZZII '00 (1 lap run)...

6'56.463

Mercedes SLR (2 laps)...

6'58.743

Leaderboard updated 👍

So tuning and modification is allowed in this event? Or how do you have 922hp?? The Enzo has around 600hp...

Yes, tuning is allowed. Hopefully the rules in the first post is clear enough, but let me know if there are any questions.

Bugatti Veyron: 7'31.063
1035bhp (oil change is all)
1888kg
sports hard tyres
(this was a very messy lap, wall twice 👎 )

Nissan GT-R: 7'39.892
473bhp
1740kg
sports hard
(this is my practice car...I want 7'29 or lower)

TVR Speed 12

6'58.548

Settings here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203400

Video to follow... the lap has 2 minor off's neither of which were a benefit, so still a bit more to come :)

Wow, perhaps I should try this challenge again. I first grabbed the Zonda because it was the only car in my stable at the time fast enough. However the powers that be deemed it not a street car and not acceptable. In any case, comparing your video above to my video it is clear the Zonda is at top speed disadvantage. My run was pretty smooth until the last turn but you can see my top speed was well below yours on several parts of the track. I only hit about 205 on the straight and you were getting to 225.

I really enjoyed the challenge of the Speed 12.

My advice if you're going to try it is to go without the Stage 3 engine upgrade... just take the standard car, fit a Supercharger and anything else it will take... I tried it without the stage 3 upgrade, got close to 7 minutes quite easily and thought if I added the upgrade it would be simple... but it actually made the car harder to drive.

As you see in the video, you have to manage the throttle VERY carefully... very few places you can go full throttle for more than a second or 2, and even when straight, the car will spin it's wheels in 4th and 5th gears! Without the stage 3 the car has a lot more traction.

For the run above I used the power limiter to take the engine down to just under 1,000bhp, but unfortunately it still leaves the torque at the same level.

Good luck, it's a great challenge :)

I got a 6:59.291 with a stock, non-tuned Bugatti Veyron today. I was participating in another challenge similar to this that requires non-tuned road cars. You can view it here: showthread.php?t=206723

Here's the youtube video...PSN used was GTP_Peluski17

For the GT-R trophy ABS:1 or ABS:0 ? No ABS scares me lol!

ABS 1 is fine for that trophy.

I got a 6:59.291 with a stock, non-tuned Bugatti Veyron today. I was participating in another challenge similar to this that requires non-tuned road cars. You can view it here: showthread.php?t=206723

I'm following that thread too, there's not too many cars that will get under 7min without tuning :crazy: Great job on the time, I've updated the leaderboard. There's still a bunch more cars that have the potential to get on the board, I still give the ZR1 a shot now and again, but have yet to best my 7'03 :grumpy:

Yeah, I'm beginning to lose faith in my Enzo. I guess I just have to get more intimate with it and see what it can do...sometimes love is all you need haha. The closest I've gotten to another sub-7 with a stock car is the ZZII. That will be my next attempt.

6:59.733 with a Stock Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo...had max downforce set (downforce is standard on car)

No changes to LSD or Suspension
SH Tires
No Driving Aids with the exception of ABS = 1
Real Grip

Video quality isn't great and I apologize for that.. I'll try and get a better video tomorrow of just the lap (if my camera will allow me to)

Very cool. I'm going to take a stab at it with the Ford GT. The Ford GT has been great to use in PP races in the 550 range. I am thinking that with low traction tires, having the weight over the rear wheels with help to put the power down. I'm confident that the car can do under 7 minutes with all of the bolt ons, some simple suspension tuning and good driving! We'll see how far she goes-

I'm posting this on behalf of Douqa. Hope he doesn't mind. It's a 6:59.784 with a Stock Mclaren F1...632HP, 1140kg, 5/5 Brake balance, sports hard tires, real grip. Truly awe-inspiring lap!

What is more interesting is that a 1 lap time trial only tests both the car's and driver's basic abilities. A 5 lap time trial on the other hand should be a good challenge.

I'm posting this on behalf of Douqa. Hope he doesn't mind. It's a 6:59.784 with a Stock Mclaren F1...632HP, 1140kg, 5/5 Brake balance, sports hard tires, real grip. Truly awe-inspiring lap!

Nice! Someone finally pulled it off :bowdown:

Leaderboard is updated.

What is more interesting is that a 1 lap time trial only tests both the car's and driver's basic abilities. A 5 lap time trial on the other hand should be a good challenge.

Yes, but 1 lap of the Nordschleife is like 5 laps on most other tracks :sly:

Back