• Thread starter et_
  • 615 comments

Should @JogoAsobi return to GTP?

• #comebackjogo!

Votes: 95 73.1%
  • Who is Jogo?

Votes: 35 26.9%

• Total voters
I think is more then 10bhp difference but the difference is with turbo you have like instant kick when you press the throttle, without is bit calmer, easier in my
Opinion.

I'm on ds3 so, for me is definitely easier to drive without the turbo!

No need for instant kick, the tyres can't take it instantly, we are using low accel LSD for the very reason that even without turbo there is oversteer in the low range, so there is no need to agrevate that by adding turbo.

70/70
11.21/13.00
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
0.00/0.00

BB- 5/7

Gearbox- @LLOYDZELITE69's

Diff- 13/11(Decrease if you want less corner exit oversteer, increase for more)/6

Stage 3 engine, no turbo, reduce power

DF- 400/465 (Increase to 500 or higher if you want more stability)

No rigidity improvement

Current time: 15.134 Could be better.

*Bold means it is new

Hello Mini Stiggy
Tanks for sharing this set up.
I´m on .17.05 vith your settings,but my own gearing.
I never thought I would be able to go into top 200-300 cuz
I´m not that young anymore,-56 in two month:cheers:
Thanks again

Hello Mini Stiggy
Tanks for sharing this set up.
I´m on .17.05 vith your settings,but my own gearing.
I never thought I would be able to go into top 200-300 cuz
I´m not that young anymore,-56 in two month:cheers:
Thanks again
Glad it helped :)

No need for instant kick, the tyres can't take it instantly, we are using low accel LSD for the very reason that even without turbo there is oversteer in the low range, so there is no need to agrevate that by adding turbo.

I'm just saying, with turbo the"instant"kick it's instant when you go on throttle, ok, I'm on controller, is bit different but even tho when I'm tapping the throttle the backend
Ohhh, sorry my fault, i was using the turbo. ;)

Improved to 1:15,831 today, which is good enough for P21 and 2nd fastest with ds3. :)

What setup do YOU use?

Thnx.
Great time tho. Will try this tune latter! But, which gearbox are you using? Preiano?

Thanks ;)

I use my own gearbox, because i prefer a very long 2nd gear, that makes it easier to be early on throttle out of the slow corners.
The problem is that my 6th gear is too long i just hit 9000rpm before turn 1, but it is already as short as possible.

Gearbox tune is very easy

1st: top speed to min.
2nd: set gears ( 2nd as long as possible, 6th as short as possible, distribut the other gears evenly )
3rd: move highest gear to the left untill you match that you reach the end of the 6th gear on the fastest point of the track

Thanks ;)

I use my own gearbox, because i prefer a very long 2nd gear, that makes it easier to be early on throttle out of the slow corners.
The problem is that my 6th gear is too long i just hit 9000rpm before turn 1, but it is already as short as possible.

Gearbox tune is very easy

1st: top speed to min.
2nd: set gears ( 2nd as long as possible, 6th as short as possible, distribut the other gears evenly )
3rd: move highest gear to the left untill you match that you reach the end of the 6th gear on the fastest point of the track

I'm with you!! I just thought about the 2nd left hander and the last left hander, where the 2nd gear is important. I've got every time bit wheel spin it means loosing damn time.

I'll try that method for sure, thnx
m8!

If i like a TT i normaly spend 1000-1500km on it. My personal record was 3600km at the VW Scirocco TT, my first Top10 result, i still have
the replay. :)

Much better tonight.

1'15.804 for 18th, with around 0.3-0.4 left (mainly in T3).

Using mini_stiggy's suspension, with 5mm less rear ride height... great tune 👍

You´re welcome. I low my time to 1:16.3xx with the raybrig HONDA RAYBRIG HSV-010 `12 . This is a safe tune for any kind of pilot but you can low a bit the front spring and low the rear aero too.
I would like a lot to see a low 1:15.xxx tune to check where is the part of the pilot and of the car.
I´ll have some time today or tomorrow to try again. It´s a wonderfull track and car for sure.
Great tune,P! I was at 1:20 after only my third run. Was cutting 2 seconds a run. I'm sure I could drop it more but no time. Thanks!

I went a bit faster this morning as expected and I got up to 7th at the time with a 15.3xx. Most that I've been into an event since GT Academy. Maybe I can get reduce another second if I keep going for another week and a half :) - I'm kidding

With Lloydz gearbox you can put the car in to 3rd really early exiting the 1st and last turns.... has almost perfect traction.

And for me, car is a tiny bit faster changing at 10k rather than the redline.

Couldn't get anywhere near my time today:indiff:. I think I was focusing to much on improving the tune. I just gotta drive around the bendy bits a little faster and not worry so much about the setup.

Couldn't get anywhere near my time today:indiff:. I think I was focusing to much on improving the tune. I just gotta drive around the bendy bits a little faster and not worry so much about the setup.
Your tune is good, just set the rear aero to 500 and use this gearbox: final gear to 3000, top speed minimum, 1st and 2nd gear all to the left, don't tweak the 3rd, 5th and 6th all to the right, tweak 4th in order to make an imaginary diagonal line from 3rd to 6th, set final gear to 2500 or 2600 (at your will), this is what I'm using so far.

Your tune is good, just set the rear aero to 500 and use this gearbox: final gear to 3000, top speed minimum, 1st and 2nd gear all to the left, don't tweak the 3rd, 5th and 6th all to the right, tweak 4th in order to make an imaginary diagonal line from 3rd to 6th, set final gear to 2500 or 2600 (at your will), this is what I'm using so far.
I'll try that, thanks:)

Go to sleep and leave me alone :P

With Lloydz gearbox you can put the car in to 3rd really early exiting the 1st and last turns.... has almost perfect traction.

And for me, car is a tiny bit faster changing at 10k rather than the redline.
Improved over half a second in the last hour's play, then the power went off, still well off the pace at 1:18.329.
What I wanted to say was I felt, for the first time in GT6, that extra laps actually warm the tires or something because I consistently do better with a lap under the belt in this race.
The other thing is I have felt that changing at 9,500 rpm can be beneficial, at least in the higher gears. Don't know about the lower ones as I'm too busy to look, change by sound. Of course it would depend on what gearing one is using.
Edit, power back on and noticed I should have said 9,000 rpm rather than 9,500rpm.
And I had a try without the turbo (low range) just using the stage 3 engine tuning and I found it much slower, could not catch my ghost. So it's back to engine tuning plus low range turbo.
This info would only be of benefit to those around my time or higher of course.

Edit, have to leave it now, picking up the girlfriend. Improved to 1:17.902.

Last edited:
Improved over half a second in the last hour's play, then the power went off, still well off the pace at 1:18.329.
What I wanted to say was I felt, for the first time in GT6, that extra laps actually warm the tires or something because I consistently do better with a lap under the belt in this race.
The other thing is I have felt that changing at 9,500 rpm can be beneficial, at least in the higher gears. Don't know about the lower ones as I'm too busy to look, change by sound. Of course it would depend on what gearing one is using.
Doing extra laps actually do help I found that out to instead of trying to do a lap when it says START.

et_
The patience you guys have is just immense, I can't stand doing the same TT for more than 1½ day.
Well, the skill you guys have is also immense so I guess it evens it up :D seriously tough I have to admit that if I want a good time ( somewhere in top 100 in end results) I really have to study the track and car for couple of days, and after that I start gradually improving my time. I mean there have been TT's where I have been improving my time almost every day for 2 weeks, so I guess it stays interesting as long I can see my self improve. Guys like you are just so skilled that you get closer to your personal best (which is really close to absolute best) in couple of tries, so doing 100 laps a day for 2 weeks doesn't make that much sense :bowdown:

Also it really seems that more I do these TT's the better I get, or at least I'm not getting any worse :D

Last edited:
Back