Votes: 37 29.4%

• Total voters

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
1.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration: 14/08/2014 – 28/08/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 14/08/2014 – 11/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car.

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less.
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted.

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.55,000
Silver: Cr.30,000
Bronze: Cr.15,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT CHROME 004-W paint chip.

Target Time:
Gold: 1:09.000
Silver: 1:12.000
Bronze: 1:18.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Matterhorn Dristelen
Track Length: 3,214 m
Time of day: 20:40
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

KTM X-BOW R '12 - praiano63

Tommy kairaZZII '00 - praiano63

Volkswagen W12 Nardo '01 - praiano63

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 - praiano63

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car - praiano63

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car - Roweer1

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car - iliasdc

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car - chrisspeed281

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car - EmaNymton

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Our devoted GTP member JogoAsobi has gone MIA. I set up these threads in his honor!

Last edited:
Funny, I, too, logged on to thank ET and express my wish for Jogo to return.

I'll hit the seasonals in the morning. I see all new paint chips this time around.

This one was brutal for me, mainly that first corner is unpredictable.
Used an upgraded Enzo Ferrari and got a 1:08.391. Good enough for me.

I got a 1:10.275 in team shmo's boss 302. And 1:12 in the Nissan 2020/rocket 07. Gonna keep trying, I really want that chrome :drool:

My trusty tuned Aventador was good enough for a 1:08.371 (DS3, no SRF). I haven't spent much time with this version of Matterhorn, so took a number of tries to get a feel for it. Kept sliding off the track coming out of the 2nd turn.

(EDIT: fixed typo in time. That was supposed to be 1:08, not 1:80...)

Last edited:
That second corner and the tight complex immediately afterwards are quite difficult. I ended up using the Mercedes vision gt car for gold, but I'm afraid most of my time this tt session will be used on the Laguna event.

Well done @WhoosierGirl! Hopefully you'll stay up there for a little while at least. I'm sure you'll improve your time anyway, if you choose to keep at it...

I haven't had a chance to do these seasonals yet..Should be on them in a few minutes, hopefully.

The reason I'm posting is to say THANK YOU to et_ for picking right up and keeping these Seasonal Event threads alive. I didn't know @JogoAsobi too well. I had just started regularly hanging out in these weekly Seasonal Event threads and then a couple of weeks later he disappeared. He seemed like a very nice guy, so of course I would like to see him back in the community - but that isn't because you aren't doing a great job @et_ ... You are doing fantastic work each week! Keep it up friend... 👍

EDIT: Wow...I don't think I've seen this before in a Seasonal Event. I went to take a look at what car all of the leaders are using, and while a lot of people are using the NSX-R Prototype LM, there are actually several other cars being used, like the ZZII '00, a GT-R Spec V, a Lamborghini... I was shocked. Usually everyone is using the same car. At least in my limited experience that's what I've noticed.

Last edited:
I had an early go at it, and did a 01:05:206 with one of my favorites, the Tommykaira ZZII. I made a video, so any of you not at you PS3 can have a look at it and prepare your mind :cool::cool:

I'm online and have my 200% Login-Bonus..., but after the race comes:
"Rankings registration failed..." - and my time is not displayed in the ranking.

Back at the homescreen, my sign-up bonus symbol is missing.

Who has that too?

I'm online and have my 200% Login-Bonus..., but after the race comes:
"Rankings registration failed..." - and my time is not displayed in the ranking.

Back at the homescreen, my sign-up bonus symbol is missing.

Who has that too?

Check your internet connection?

It sounds like your internet connection keeps dropping out, I get that on occasion too

I don't know ...
When I'm back at homescreen after the race, I can go in the online Lobby - so my Internet connection is not lost.

But I did it now :cheers:

Last edited:
So, I bought a Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car to use during this event. Having never driven it, I took it around Matterhorn Dristelen for 5 laps in Arcade Mode. I applied my own tune (which is probably terrible) and I was hitting around 1:07-1:08 for a lap time. I figured that would mean beating the Gold time of 1:09 should be a piece of cake. Then I remembered how terribly I drive in any sort of darkness. I was able to get Gold after 20 laps of sliding off the track on the first sweeping downhill turn, or the second uphill turn. My driving was horrific and it was reflected in my time of 1:08.595!

Does anyone else have trouble when the events aren't in full daylight or is it just me? It can't just be me, can it? Please god...no...

So, I bought a Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car to use during this event. Having never driven it, I took it around Matterhorn Dristelen for 5 laps in Arcade Mode. I applied my own tune (which is probably terrible) and I was hitting around 1:07-1:08 for a lap time. I figured that would mean beating the Gold time of 1:09 should be a piece of cake. Then I remembered how terribly I drive in any sort of darkness. I was able to get Gold after 20 laps of sliding off the track on the first sweeping downhill turn, or the second uphill turn. My driving was horrific and it was reflected in my time of 1:08.595!

Does anyone else have trouble when the events aren't in full daylight or is it just me? It can't just be me, can it? Please god...no...

Yes. i have problems with darkness, but also with buying a 490k car for chrome chip and a bit of credits.

Yes. i have problems with darkness, but also with buying a 490k car for chrome chip and a bit of credits.
Ahh, you are insinuating that I wasted credits purchasing this car for the event. Did it ever occur to you that this car can be used again in the future? The 13,000,000 credits I have need to be used on something. What a novel idea to use them to purchase cars in a car racing game!!

Ahh, you are insinuating that I wasted credits purchasing this car for the event. Did it ever occur to you that this car can be used again in the future? The 13,000,000 credits I have need to be used on something. What a novel idea to use them to purchase cars in a car racing game!!
Lol, I have 2 Lotus 97T's :D don't ask why I was pretty drunk at the time :D

? i'm not insinuating anything, i ( me, myself en I) have a problem with POLYPHONY with this.
I qouted you for the darknessssssssss.

I have 49.000.000 credits, so?
The costs for a car does not compare for the winnings of that race.

If you go to the online positions list, you see the 490K car used by almost anybody.
That is why i wrote that.

ODB
Lol, I have 2 Lotus 97T's :D don't ask why I was pretty drunk at the time :D
Haha! Nice... Quite the appropriate phrase, considering my avatar (I was drunk at the time - from Pink Floyd's "Money")

? i'm not insinuating anything, i ( me, myself en I) have a problem with POLYPHONY with this.
I qouted you for the darknessssssssss.

I have 49.000.000 credits, so?
The costs for a car does not compare for the winnings of that race.

If you go to the online positions list, you see the 490K car used by almost anybody.
That is why i wrote that.

Believe me, I wasn't bragging about my credit balance. I know most people have a lot more than I do. I was just stating that I have more than enough credits so buying a car, even if I only used it this one time, wouldn't exactly cripple my ability to purchase other cars in the future.

Sometimes I wish the payouts were a little higher. Especially for these Super Lap events where you can only get paid for Gold one time. At least with the A-Spec races you can grind them out multiple times, with different cars to make it interesting. But, I don't think they should increase the payouts too much. It's supposed to be a challenge to collect lots of credits, isn't it?

Sometimes I wish the payouts were a little higher. Especially for these Super Lap events where you can only get paid for Gold one time. At least with the A-Spec races you can grind them out multiple times, with different cars to make it interesting. But, I don't think they should increase the payouts too much. It's supposed to be a challenge to collect lots of credits, isn't it?

I'm still compairing the season events with GT5, the payout for the GT500 hotlap is much higher and is more rewarding, even if you spend more then you retrieve.:confused:
And it's not only the price for the car, it's also the additional tuning parts that bump the price up.:banghead:

I'm getting the feeling, PolyPhony is doing this to trick very very beginning bad drivers into microtransactions.:odd:

back on topic.

i bought the honda, tuned it, my own amateur settings, Needed 27 minutes, until i
bumped up Traction to 6 and ABS to 6 and finally got a 1:07:949, I'm done with this hotlap.:scared:

Last edited:
1:08:650 with a R390 GT-1 Road car. Was struggling on uphill trying not get the power down and not to oversteer with DS3. Really love all the latest seasonals!

Back