• Thread starter et_
  • 184 comments

Should @JogoAsobi return to GTP?

• #comebackjogo!

Votes: 89 70.6%
  • Who is Jogo?

Votes: 37 29.4%

• Total voters
I don't remember if I changed anything at all, but here is my Setup anyway (maybe the stock-Setup... dunno):

FC Suspension F/R
75/75
5,00/7,41
3/3
3/3
3/3
0,0/0,0
0,00/+0,60

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Stock

FC LSD
10/31/20

Set power limiter at 76,9%
Motor Tuning Stage 3
Turbo for high RPM

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Downforce 350/600
Ballast: 123 kg @ -50

Took me exactly 12:15,646 and 10 laps to get Gold with a 1:07,707. :D
This worked for me. Stopped when I got the gold. Thanks EmaN!

I'm done with this TT. The NSX-R Road Car is really not to my liking so switched to the ZZII. Understeers like crazy, but it's more enjoyable to drive.

edit: not really "more enjoyable" as that would imply that they both are. It's just easier to drive.

I would like to bet that you considered turning TC on when driving that NSX.....

Darn, I started out with Corvette with Priaino's tune and the car has wheel spins everywhere while the rear slides all over the place which results in all kinds of disqualification. Have anyone tried this?? Can you tell me how you handle it lol???

Then, I used stock Mclarin-MP4 and got gold with 1:07.4xx. ranked 8100ish, is this top 10%??

et_
Yeah I know, I was just joking:cheers:

edit.
BTW, what PP contest? It's mostly @LLOYDZELITE69 bragging about his time, and @GTP_CargoRatt and @Weider calling eachother names.lol:

Lets be clear here Elias, I never called him any names. He is the one that got upset and started with the belittling comments and name calling. Please get your facts straight before making comments like that. Getting tired of people trying to make me look like the bad guy here. I can do that just fine myself, don't need your help, really. ;) :lol:

I am FAR from being a top driver, but I still feel like the lack of variety is absolutely bothersome. You hit the nail on the head. With 1200+ cars to choose from, it seems kind of silly to force people to drive the same cars over and over again. Frankly, I think this impacts the lesser skilled drivers as much as the top drivers. While top drivers must use a particular car if they want to compete for best overall time, the lower skilled drivers must use that same car if they just want a shot at getting gold.

Personally, I would prefer if they picked the car we had to use but allowed tuning. For me, that Seasonal Event Time Trial with the Lexus at Nurburgring 24hr track was an incredibly difficult event because my skill level just isn't where it needed to be to collect a Gold medal time. If I remember correctly, I was 3-4 seconds short of the Gold time limit. Shouldn't Seasonal Events be challenging like that?

Again, I would prefer if they allowed tuning, which they did not allow in that particular event at Nurburgring, but I think you get my point. This way we would all be taking advantage of our vast collections of cars, tuning would still play a major role in determining the overall event winner and average skilled players like myself would really have to claw our way to getting Gold.

Yeah, I very much agree with you on this. I'm also a lesser skilled driver. I would add that they should pick a car and let it be tunable. Whoever gold it will win both the credit and the car instead of the stupid paint lol.

Now, the pros of this approach is:
1. Put EVERYONE in the same level playing field. Now the difference in lap time is no longer car but rather purely driver's skill plus tuning skill. Currently ALIEN + FAST TUNED CAR >>>>>>>> average driver + slow car = BIG GAP!
2. More incentive for lesser skilled players to play to get gold to win a car. It feels rewarding.
3. It gives the lesser skilled players a benchmark to look up to. Now we know that oh, there is 5 seconds or x seconds potential for time improvement. We can learn from top player's replay running on the same car and see what improvement can be made. Now then lesser skilled players can improve time over time to lesson the gap.
4. It gives lesser skilled players more encouragement. Currently, the gap between alien with fast tuned car and average players with slower cars are TOO BIG and looking at the top 10 time is very discouraging.

I can't believe how much trouble this Time Trial is giving me! I've got gold, but just barely. I know a few spots where I'm losing time, but when I try giving it 5-10% more throttle I'm flying off the track. If I try braking a little earlier/left off the gas sooner and try to make up my speed on corner exit - same thing... Oh well, hopefully there will be something more enjoyable for me this week.

Got a 1:04:792 in my Audi Nuvolari, currently #935. I mainly am a drag racer, but I wanted to get into circuit racing a little bit, starting with my goal to get into top #1000 with my Nuvolari, and I think I did a decent job.

I just noticed something. All of the top times in this TT are using 'Active Steering', and most are using TCS. Holy mother of face palm.

I just noticed something. All of the top times in this TT are using 'Active Steering', and most are using TCS. Holy mother of face palm.
Really? Wow...That's actually quite uncommon to see the top drivers using Traction Control. At least, whenever I've checked the leaderboards I've never noticed it. I have seen some people use Active Steering here or there, but again, I would say that in my experiences it is the exception rather than the rule.

I'm not even a very good driver, quite average really, and I still tackle all of these Seasonal Events with the aids turned off (ABS set to 1). To each their own, I suppose. For instance, I'll admit it took me quite some time to get over driving without the driving line. However, now that I don't use it anymore I couldn't even think about using it -- it would seem such a distraction...

The turbo lag in that NSX is just unbearable on the top of the mountain, I don't know is there any way to sort it out but TC would seem like rather convenient solution... Also I would think the ASM settles the unpredictability down quite nicely.

When in Rome...

ODB
The turbo lag in that NSX is just unbearable on the top of the mountain, I don't know is there any way to sort it out but TC would seem like rather convenient solution... Also I would think the ASM settles the unpredictability down quite nicely.

ASM slows you down dramatically.

At first didnt think I would be that much faster with the nsx than my ford gt. Went from 1:06.8 with FGT to 1:04.8 with nsx and I know I can go faster than that. I see top controller using active steering and tcs bet that helps going up that hill.

Does anyone have a good complete setup, specifically for this?
The ones in the OP are either for sport softs or made without much effort.
I made a hybrid of @praiano63 transmission and @WhoosierGirl directions, tweaked it a bit and filled in the holes myself. Was a Little surprised that i was able to do a 1.02.468 without much effort with it -mind you i'm a +50 yo guy with a DS3! I'll post what i have -perhaps some can bring it to use -or better still; point me in the right direction -'coz i haven't got a clue!:lol: For what it's worth:

UPGRADES:
-All non-PP upgrades.
-High RPM turbo
-Weight reduction

Set power limiter to 88,5

SUSPENSION:
75 75
10,30 11,40
3 3
3 3
6 6
0,0 0,0
-0,02 0,00

BB: 7 4

TRANSMISSION:
Praiano-tune with FG ultimately set to 3.460

LSD:
20 15 30

AERO:
Max

I'm using Active steering: Strong, ABS 1, TC 1 and steering sensivity 4

It can certainly be improved, but i think this'll do a 1.01.

Thank you Whoosiergirl and praiano :cheers:

EDIT: mods included; now on a 1.01.968.
EDIT 2: New time: 1.01.894

Last edited:

Thank you Whoosiergirl and praiano :cheers:

Gonna give this one a try on this instant, the turn 3 on laguna seca is driving me off the wall :banghead:

EDIT: Ok, this is way better than my own fiddling 👍 still having tremendous trouble on the top of the hill, but I think with short shifting it can be sorted... I think :odd:... Maybe some absolutely genius trans settings could help there at least a bit...

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Here is my gold lap for this event in the X-BOW (which seems like a good car to use for this event)

As I said in the other super lap thread, I'm only an average player and I tend to just run the super laps until I get the gold and then move on cos you only get the credits once.

As I said in the other super lap thread, I'm only an average player and I tend to just run the super laps until I get the gold and then move on cos you only get the credits once.

This gave me brilliant idea, although I don't expect it to ever be implemented in GT.

Give in game currency prizes for those who finish in the top 10, 50, 100, 1000, 2500, 5000, etc. it would give players like you who only have an incentive for gold a reason to keep trying while not alienating the people who only want a gold and don't care about their ranking a reason to keep playing. And also give the players who try for a certain ranking a reason to keep doing so. But pipe dreams be pipe dreams... :indiff:

Last edited:
Stiffen the springs up into the teens and remove the rear toe

Ok, thanks! So i went with Springs at 10.30 vs. 11.40 and rear toe at 0.00 and did a 1.02.140 -am now able to see a 1.01.750 -even for me!

Now, that would normally freak me out, 'coz i'm already at pos. 26 (previous best: 36) and i can "see" top 10, for the first time -and everything is with a setup made from -practically- fumbling in the dark. But i can see that a lot of the top drivers aren't present at this TT, so the real question should be: Where are our absent alien friends here? we miss you -and your tunes;)

Got up dropped 5 spots turned on driving line got a 1:03.9 now 444th done for now unless drop below 500 which then ill prob have to find a tune.

Back