600PP Non-Racing Cars & Tuned Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 106 comments
I found that with the mid range turbo it gave me better power lower down the revs but I couldn't keep up on the last straight with number 1's ghost. High range turbo without engine tune gave me slightly better top speed but only at the end of the last straight but worse lower down power so I couldn't exit corners as fast. High range turbo with the engine tune gave me the the low down power of mid range and also I could keep up on the last straight. It's just the way the power is delivered really the low down power helps me get out of the corners faster. There is a minimal amount of difference between the different turbo setups and sometimes everything just clicks and you have a good lap so that could also be the factor. Braking really is the most important factor to set the car up for acceleration out of the corner. Brake full initially and then a slow and gentle decrease of braking as you enter the corner. You can learn a lot from watching the replay lap paying attention to braking and gear change. The guy in first place has a completely different gear ratio setup where he eliminates 6th and gears long so he only uses gears 2 3 4 and 5.

Also what really helped me was to follow a ghost. Don't pick a ghost that is way faster than you. When I was lapping 51 dead I picked a ghost of 50.7 and when I was level with that ghost I picked the guy at the top so ghost was always about 0.3 seconds faster. Getting frustrated is also your enemy just drive the laps and try not judge whether your good or bad just keep lapping and lapping and eventually you will improve. Think of it a but like a meditation practice where you just focus and concentrate without forcing anything.

Last edited:
@MAZZYWAZZYDANNY thanks for exaustive reply on engine setting and something more.
It is true that both solutions are very close and could became just matter of taste.
We are using the same driving aids but with pad/at I have better feeling with mid range turbo.
About the speed at the end of the final straight I set the max speed 10 km/h faster than necessary in order to get mid turbo still working well just before braking...
Agreed on 0.3 faster ghost, about frustation Tsukuba TT is nothing compared to the painful mistakes lapping Nurb 24h TT :banghead::D

ciao

Last edited:
I found that with the mid range turbo it gave me better power lower down the revs but I couldn't keep up on the last straight with number 1's ghost. High range turbo without engine tune gave me slightly better top speed but only at the end of the last straight but worse lower down power so I couldn't exit corners as fast. High range turbo with the engine tune gave me the the low down power of mid range and also I could keep up on the last straight. It's just the way the power is delivered really the low down power helps me get out of the corners faster. There is a minimal amount of difference between the different turbo setups and sometimes everything just clicks and you have a good lap so that could also be the factor. Braking really is the most important factor to set the car up for acceleration out of the corner. Brake full initially and then a slow and gentle decrease of braking as you enter the corner. You can learn a lot from watching the replay lap paying attention to braking and gear change. The guy in first place has a completely different gear ratio setup where he eliminates 6th and gears long so he only uses gears 2 3 4 and 5.

Also what really helped me was to follow a ghost. Don't pick a ghost that is way faster than you. When I was lapping 51 dead I picked a ghost of 50.7 and when I was level with that ghost I picked the guy at the top so ghost was always about 0.3 seconds faster. Getting frustrated is also your enemy just drive the laps and try not judge whether your good or bad just keep lapping and lapping and eventually you will improve. Think of it a but like a meditation practice where you just focus and concentrate without forcing anything.
I would relish the chance to pick a ghost that wasn't way faster than me, it's never been an option.........

Edit: now had a chance to try the tune, and found it was like most of the alien tunes, with a very loose rear end! The only lap that I did manage where the car didn't spit me into the barrier was 1.2 seconds slower than my PB. Switched back to my old tune, and immediately went 0.2 seconds quicker - up from P93 to P57 :)

Thanks for helping me in an unexpected way!

Last edited:
Haha @bone_tone can't beat a loose rear end! Are you using a wheel and pedals? I actually changed the brakes to 5 4 and found I could improve further if I kept trying but is driving me nuts now my calm demeanour is fading away...

It is a tricky car to drive which parts are you struggling with the most when using my tune? Maybe I could give you a few pointers :)

Your not using comfort soft tyres are you? I've made that mistake before haha

It is a tricky car to drive which parts are you struggling with the most when using my tune? Maybe I could give you a few pointers :)

Your not using comfort soft tyres are you? I've made that mistake before haha
It's all of the corners basically! The back end just comes around as I hit the apex. I find it easier to drive a car with neutral handling, where all four wheels feel like they have equal grip.

I do know that your style of tune is faster, just not in my hands!

And I do have the right tyres on, but I know it's an easy mistake to make....

It's all of the corners basically! The back end just comes around as I hit the apex. I find it easier to drive a car with neutral handling, where all four wheels feel like they have equal grip.

I do know that your style of tune is faster, just not in my hands!

And I do have the right tyres on, but I know it's an easy mistake to make....
Back does come around yes it's just about controlling it with the down change. Changing down in to 2nd gear too soon will make the car come around way too much. I change into 2nd after mostly all the braking and turning are done so pretty much just before your going to accelerate. A good way to practice is just to use 3rd gear instead of 2nd for all corners and then when you feel you have more control just start blipping down to 2nd at the very last moment. I made a slight tweak and did away with all camber so now 0.0 camber front and rear. Also I realised I needed to brake later so am now using 5 4 brakes and sub 50.4 is definitely possible.

@bone_tone

Will I give it another go and try catch you? Probably not. I struggle on the tighter/shorter stuff and I just end up annoying myself !

Well done, if you think you can go faster still - go for it. The 'not bothered' mindset is perfect for fast laps :)
I used to struggle with the more slippery events, like this one, but seem to have got the hang of them to a certain extent.

It's unusual to see you behind me, but you've more than made up for it at the 'Ring, where you're way ahead of me......

I don't usually try to improve my time if I have already golded the event. I saw the post from @8l23ub for the McLaren MP12 and gave it a go. I improved my time by almost a full second with this tune. I lowered my TC to 3, no ASM, no SRF. Active steering set to strong and controller sensitivity to +2. I know where I'm losing those precious tenths, it's the last corner before the finish. I tried multiple different entries and braking to no avail. The improvement made me happy so I stopped before I got frustrated. Thanks @8l23ub for the good tune.:cheers:

I don't usually try to improve my time if I have already golded the event. I saw the post from @8l23ub for the McLaren MP12 and gave it a go. I improved my time by almost a full second with this tune. I lowered my TC to 3, no ASM, no SRF. Active steering set to strong and controller sensitivity to +2. I know where I'm losing those precious tenths, it's the last corner before the finish. I tried multiple different entries and braking to no avail. The improvement made me happy so I stopped before I got frustrated. Thanks @8l23ub for the good tune.:cheers:

You should try more in the future, i'm sure you can improve a lot. :cheers:

I ignored this TT after day one and only in the last days started to like it, using @MAZZYWAZZYDANNY's great tune that helped me to a 51.762s and a result close to the Top200.
Interestingely very similar to the recent Eifel Flat TT on CS-tires where i had my best result before.

Let's see what tomorrow gives us :)

Have fun :cheers:

Back