600pp superGT

Finished this quite easily with Tom's Supra 01 with no tune. Won the first 4 on the first attempt and Eifel took 3 tries. Had to add downforce and lower the suspension to win it.

Got a nice car off the ticket too

Looking forward to race in this seasonals.
Just bought myself the Honda Weider DLC so can't wait to put it to the test!

R246 - 1:44.6 to beat the rabbit
Tsukaba - 55.5
Laguna Seca - 1:26.9
SSR5 - 1:25.1
Eifel - 1:10.5 (short twisty track with long straight, odd setup)

The Lambo Nomad 88 is fastest car, need to string clean laps together, got 2 silvers first time through, bit more work required.

Last edited:
More quick races for big bucks. Glad it's RH tires or less. Hopefully they'll be tough to beat.

If you want to have longer races with GT500's do Arcade Mode. AI on 10, Professional Mode. Set up the race with a premium GT500 @560pp on RH tires. That will give you an almost full GT field. Then set your pp to whatever you want. I add ballast and use SS tires no aids, no abs and no tuning. No you don't get credits but at least you can run any track at any length.

Bah someone got this in before me ;)

For a bigger challenge;
You can set ANY race car / RM / TC up at 530pp with Race Softs
You get the same great grid, and then just switch back to Race Hards to match the field and off to the races you go :)

Add me to the wishers for a GT300 seasonal too, for the Wedsport Celica is a fave car of mine!

Do GT class cars benefit from HP increase/break-in when using them with tire wear, and or seasonals? looking for a comfortable and fast GT class car for Nurburgring 24hr layout, I suppose the new Honda is hard to beat.

Woops, i will post my video here, just uploaded it with no sound.

Found these races a little easier than I expected until I got to the Eiffel one. I never really got used to this track layout even when it was used in the old Supercar seasonal a while back, and this is the exact same layout. Took 2 attempts and 2 different cars before I got it right, lol

First attempt and a little easy with the Weider going to try my old raybrig nxs now

The last seasonal was far better bring back the rain ...

The last seasonal was far better bring back the rain ...

Agreed. This new batch of seasonals leaves me feeling very short-changed, compared to the "New Year Seasonals"... for starters, why only 12 cars on track again? I need the full field of 16...! What's the reason for dropping back to 12 when 16 can be done?

And contact/shortcut time penalties makes it even more of a challenge.

Oh well, a few more days left on the NY ones to have fun on.

As soon as I saw this come up as the seasonal I was hoping for a whole set of 30-min 16-car epics like the one in the New Years challenges...shame really!

We could use some longer seasonals...5 laps is fine and all but why not make it 15? :cool:

Just made this video, it was a pretty easy one as most people seem to be saying but I always make, maybe someone can find it useful.

I just ran Tsukuba 5 times and never made it past the 5th lap. The AI keep dive bombing me in the hairpins and twice I was pit maneuvered on the back straight. I'm still learning to drive with a wheel and I'm not recovering fast enough. Most aggressive AI I've ever seen. This track is way too small for 10 laps.

**edit** Finally got a clean run and took an easy 7 second win. Honda weider HSV @ 500 bhp / 595pp.

Last edited:
For the first time in a long while, I've slowly worked myself up to returning to Gran Turismo 5 after a very long hiatus. I mostly stopped playing GT5 except for trying to add material to my Gran Turismo blog. I also mostly stopped playing GT5 too much because of my feeling that GT5 could have been much better. Eventually, the gamer and the racing gamer in me were calling and told me to return to GT5. So I did- and to the new Super GT Seasonal Events. To give you an idea of how long it's been since my last Seasonal race, the last series of events I've won in the Seasonal Events dates back to about March 2012. So it's been about as long as a woman's pregnancy since my last Seasonal race.

* My first race of 2013 didn't go well. The guy at Tokyo R246 was too far out in front for my EPSON NSX to make any sort of progress. So I settled for second racing around one of my favorite cities in the world. Really, I've had all kinds of bad luck racing Tokyo R246 in GT5.

* After having to restart because of a crappy starting performance, I did much better to claim victory at Tsukuba.

* Same story, same result at Laguna Seca- crappy start, restarted, won the race. I feared my EPSON NSX would keep being a pain in the ass instead of being a race car.

* Got into a street fight at Special Stage Route 5... and lost. Second place.

I haven't yet done the final race, but I wanted to share this with you all. Mostly sad that I restarted on two permanent race tracks and won, yet I DON'T restart on the temporary courses... and manage nothing better than 2nd. I will certainly use my time with these new Seasonals to pick up some of the better race cars in the Online Car Dealership.

For the first time in a long while, I've slowly worked myself up to returning to Gran Turismo 5 after a very long hiatus. I mostly stopped playing GT5 except for trying to add material to my Gran Turismo blog. I also mostly stopped playing GT5 too much because of my feeling that GT5 could have been much better. Eventually, the gamer and the racing gamer in me were calling and told me to return to GT5. So I did- and to the new Super GT Seasonal Events. To give you an idea of how long it's been since my last Seasonal race, the last series of events I've won in the Seasonal Events dates back to about March 2012. So it's been about as long as a woman's pregnancy since my last Seasonal race.

* My first race of 2013 didn't go well. The guy at Tokyo R246 was too far out in front for my EPSON NSX to make any sort of progress. So I settled for second racing around one of my favorite cities in the world. Really, I've had all kinds of bad luck racing Tokyo R246 in GT5.

* Got into a street fight at Special Stage Route 5... and lost. Second place

Try the Honda weider since you having problems with this race.its free in the playstation store

Lol just did the Mazda Laguna Seca coruse with tom's supra premium and got 8.5 seconds in front with 566 pp *but mind u i did cut alot of corners * =P and got 1.2 mil credits at 150% bonus

The HSV is well worth purchasing though in my opinion, I feel it's the best all round car in GT5 - handling, speed, looks, sound and fun. It's a personal favourite.

One thing I wanted to ask you was don't you drive with the map (and car positions) on, as it wasn't on in the video?
Anyway, too good mate.

Thanks.
The map doesn't seem to show up in the replay for some reason, neither does the gap timer to the lead opponent when the section time is displayed.

Last edited:
I'm one of the cheapest blokes (I know Americans don't say "bloke") you'll ever meet. I have no downloadable content of any kind. I'll mostly stay with the non-DLC machines. The EPSON NSX was the car I used in a previous Seasonal involving the Super GT cars. I upgraded its power to be just a bit more competitive. I do have some other Super GT machines, but I am sticking with the EPSON NSX for now.

I'm one of the cheapest blokes (I know Americans don't say "bloke") you'll ever meet. I have no downloadable content of any kind. I'll mostly stay with the non-DLC machines. The EPSON NSX was the car I used in a previous Seasonal involving the Super GT cars. I upgraded its power to be just a bit more competitive. I do have some other Super GT machines, but I am sticking with the EPSON NSX for now.

The NSX's and GT-R's are the best GT500 cars. You don't have to spend real money on the Honda Weider, because you have good options in the game already. But personally I think the Epson NSX is too slow.

Finished them all and garaged my Nascar, what's the bet they use them soon in a TT.

Had trouble at Eiffel so back peddled and switched on SRF. Won easily, best lap 1:09.3.

I note that even good racers here are avoiding the Nismo's on the starting line-up and waiting until they get a start without one on pole position.

Went back and re did Tokyo with the Wieder, with SRF on, and starting with a Nismo on pole. Overtook the Nissan for 1st place just after the end of lap 4 and easily won it, best lap 1:40.4.

Just wondering how you blokes compare using SRF to not starting until the weaker line up comes up.

Does SRF give one far too much advantage to be a fair race?

Or is waiting for a weaker line up but without SRF a fair race?

Just wondering what you think.

wow i was actually strugling with the first race. i tried the castrols supra standard no tune and stopped after 1 round every time because i somehow managed to mess it up.

ill be dl your tune for this car mr piggy. i normally had all driving assists off except for traction control and abs on 1. seeing you guys talk on and on about driving without any aids but abs on 1 i basicaly started doing the same. the car handles pretty badly when exeting a corner in the 2nd gear and you have to be careful not to push it too hard. something i didnt have to worry about obviously with tc on.

im using the right analog as the brake and accelerator, shoulder buttons as gear shifter. i either need to tap it during corners or push the analog up very gently if i sont want to slide. its not that harrd, but doing it right everty turn becomes a hassle. especially when i never had to do it that much before with tc, this is defenitelly something thats easier on an actual gaspedal than it is on a pad. at least it feels natural on a gasspedal, with the analog i need to put in more time to keep doing it right every turn.

either way im planning on doing it with the castrol, i love that cars looks. with the right tune, even without tc it should be dope.

Finished them all and garaged my Nascar, what's the bet they use them soon in a TT.

Had trouble at Eiffel so back peddled and switched on SRF. Won easily, best lap 1:09.3.

I note that even good racers here are avoiding the Nismo's on the starting line-up and waiting until they get a start without one on pole position.

Went back and re did Tokyo with the Wieder, with SRF on, and starting with a Nismo on pole. Overtook the Nissan for 1st place just after the end of lap 4 and easily won it, best lap 1:40.4.

Just wondering how you blokes compare using SRF to not starting until the weaker line up comes up.

At or near max PP, I would hope the Nismo Z is in the field.
When I did my 524pp runs at Eifel, Laguna Seca and Tsukuba I made sure it wasn't.

As for fairness...is it fair the AI gets a maxed out car and 25 second headstart?
I don't think fairness comes into play at all with regard to Seasonals. If you need it, or any other possible advantage, use it.

I think using SRF can be a greater advantage for a lesser driver, and not as much of a factor in these dry conditions as it was in the new year's events. The better drivers wouldn't touch it with a 39 1/2 foot pole, and most likely don't need to cherry-pick the competition either.

Fairness is subjective, and can be an instigator of ridiculous discourse, I suggest avoiding the topic completely.

I think using SRF can be a greater advantage for a lesser driver, and not as much of a factor in these dry conditions as it was in the new year's events. The better drivers wouldn't touch it with a 39 1/2 foot pole, and most likely don't need to cherry-pick the competition either.

Fairness is subjective, and can be an instigator of ridiculous discourse, I suggest avoiding the topic completely.

le me guess, youre using a wheel.

Back