620PP NASCAR Super Lap: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 146 comments
Have always hated driving the Nascars as they are so uncontrollable for me at times (mainly because the LSD settings stock are so high I guess)...however, I have yet to drive the car with anything other than stock settings (beyond full downforce) and TCS 5 and ABS 10 (didn't even realise it was set at 10 till after the run). Anyway, took the stock tune, zeroed the Camber, TOE to -0.10/0, BB to 4/7 (I think) and LSD to 10/15/15.

First lap was 0.4 off the gold time, third lap was 1.3 seconds quicker and improved on both the next 2 laps to finish with a 1:11.5 or so (I know it was pretty much exactly 3 seconds off 1st place at the time) for just inside the top 300 at the time of running...ran wide into the dirt on the next lap at turn 2 so called it a day there. Was surprisingly fun actually and may go back to it and try it with a fully tuned car and less ABS/TCS

I used: Chevrolet 2013 Jeff Gordon #24 Drive to End Hunger CHEVROLET SS

1st attempt: 1:15.000

Attachments

• GOLD.png
    GOLD.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 27
Here's my tune from the Indy Road Course event that has always worked well:
Suspension-
95 90 (changed)
11.50 10.50
1 1
1 1
7 7
No camber or toe
Brakes-
9 8
Transmission-
Reset to default, final gear all the way right, top speed 149 mph, first through fourth gear all the way right, final gear 3.900 (change in that order).
Differential-
Full power, no oil change, body rigidity installed, no added ballast.
Downforce-
500 700

So far I am at 1:10.158 using a DS3 with this tune. Hopefully I can get into the 1:09s by the end.

i allready know where i will fail on this track ... this ugly, uphill, righthand omega turn thing, whatever.
either i loose all my time there or else i fly out in the dust ... :)
Do not brake too fast for that turn, give gas only if you are sure it is stable. Maybe good tips

Do not brake too fast for that turn, give gas only if you are sure it is stable. Maybe good tips
i think your talking about the entrance to this Omega. i already figured out try to not commit oversteering is valuable here ... but somethimes i miss the right point by some pixels
Still a good tip

I think I'm doing something basically wrong here ... its just like "a bit everywhere" :)

golded it with my first try,was surprised about that.Stiil improved myself to a top 1000 time for the moment.

1'12"315.
feeling that there is a high 1'11"... is possible.
only keep screwing up the last corner,i hate that one.:mad:

I hate nascars a lot but i use the tune everyone recommending with few my own changes for a 1:09.3, i pefer nascars in GT5 they weren't so tail happy and felt nicer through corners back then
But What are your own changes?:)

golded it with my first try,was surprised about that.Stiil improved myself to a top 1000 time for the moment.

1'12"315.
feeling that there is a high 1'11"... is possible.
only keep screwing up the last corner,i hate that one.:mad:
Hmm, the last corner I just think it's the easiest, Do not breake there is my advice. Let off the gas and try to come out well. The first turn to the right is the most important, where you need a little luck(or skills) with drift.

Kossie, what gears are you using?

I used that old sw_10/whoosiergirl setup that was posted earlier in this thread (the same one you mentioned you were using), and I like it a lot for the handling, but the one thing that seems bad about this setup is the gearing. I feel like I'm losing a LOT of time in that sharp uphill/downhill omega part of the track because my gearing is wrong.

Are you just using the same exact gears as was on that original setup, or have you changed them?

Does anyone on here have a really good gearing setup that they can share?

Here's the gears I already had on my car from an old event... I borrowed them from another user here but cant remember who it was :P anyway I just adjusted the final to suit and they work well 👍

Reset gears to default

Set max speed to 249mph
now adjust gears to
Final = 4095

Hope it helps 👍

Well, I gave your gears a try, and I improved my time from 1:11.6 to 1:11.3, but I had one lap where I was about a full second ahead of my 1:11.6 pace and accidentally caught the edge of the exit-shoulder on the exit of the final curve into the final straight and blew the lap. I would've had about a 1:10.5ish on that lap. ARGH!!!! :(

Anyway yea these gears seem to be working pretty well for me, thanks.

Hmm, the last corner I just think it's the easiest, Do not breake there is my advice. Let off the gas and try to come out well. The first turn to the right is the most important, where you need a little luck(or skills) with drift.

imo it's easy to go wide and if you cut it to early you bump on the curb
at Tsukuba you have a simular last corner and that's also one i dislike,i'm struggling with those kind of corners to get them right.

Kossie, what gears are you using?

I used that old sw_10/whoosiergirl setup that was posted earlier in this thread (the same one you mentioned you were using), and I like it a lot for the handling, but the one thing that seems bad about this setup is the gearing. I feel like I'm losing a LOT of time in that sharp uphill/downhill omega part of the track because my gearing is wrong.

Are you just using the same exact gears as was on that original setup, or have you changed them?

Does anyone on here have a really good gearing setup that they can share?
Yes I use the same gears.

imo it's easy to go wide and if you cut it to early you bump on the curb
at Tsukuba you have a simular last corner and that's also one i dislike,i'm struggling with those kind of corners to get them right.
You have to go just not wide in that corners(the first and last to right). Thats the trick.

Damn, I am terrible then, :lol:. I guess I need to learn this course a bit more :embarrassed:

I guess I feel at least a little more confident after today's session, since I had a 1:10.5 within my clutches before I flew off the track, so at least now I know I have it in me.

But even so, I can tell I need a lot more practice on a few of the curves, because watching some of the Top 10 guys runs, I can see they are taking much better lines and carrying more speed than me through certain areas.

Damn, I am terrible then, :lol:.

It's not bad, in my 1:09 lap I was just very lucky. The more laps you drive, the bigger the chance of a good lap . I think I'm not improve my top time. I need a better tune i think. Try it today 100 times but my best was 1.10.100.... Keep trying:cheers:

Hello Kossie,
Could you please tell me what i'm doing wrong.
I use the whoosy girl set up but my fourth gear maximum is 1832 with 149 mph and final gear at 2000 while the 4th gear has to be 1964. My fastest lap is now 1.10.900.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello Kossie,
Could you please tell me what i'm doing wrong.
I use the whoosy girl set up but my fourth gear maximum is 1832 with 149 mph and final gear at 2000 while the 4th gear has to be 1964. My fastest lap is now 1.10.900.

Thanks for your reply.

Go to the trans, Set final gear first on 2.800. Then set your top speed at 240 km/h. Then you set the gears.
Then you set the final gear to 2000. Do this in this way.

Ofcourse before you do this set it to default.

Last edited:
Go to the trans, Set final gear first on 2.800. Then set your top speed at 240 km/h. Then you set the gears.
Then you set the final gear to 2000. Do this in this way.

Ofcourse before you do this set it to default.

Thanks for your quick help!!
Hopefully tomorrow a 1.09.....

Hallelu Yah! I finally did it. I must thank God first after all He has blessed me more time than I can count. Next a big Danke to @RacingHardTV for so much advice as well as @skeagracing. These two guys took me under their wings with PM's out of the blue. Next many thanks to @SW_10 and @WhoosierGirl for the excellent tune. It took me a while to get the feel of this track especially at the place people are calling Omega??. I watched the videos of the top 5 in the World Rankings and one of those was a replay by @HardRacingTV. I learn best by watching and then doing. I saw where I was losing all my time at that Omega place and the speeds the leaders were running in areas I was having problems with. I had been stuck at 1:15.086 and the more I ran the worse I got until I watched those videos. I was able to knock almost 2 seconds off of my time. The Hudson has gone to the Stockyard with the other one and many of the other cars I've won.

One other thing to note; all of the top drivers are using the Denny Hamlin Toyota. The SW_/WhoosierGirl tune worked perfect on this car. I bought a total of 4 different NASCAR cars, the last being the Toyota.

Attachments

• 20160205_211025.jpg
    20160205_211025.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 26
Back