620PP NASCAR Super Lap: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 146 comments
Took P1 first night this was out lol .....
IMG_20160128_040212.jpg

Currently in P33 with a 1.09.245.....havent had much time for this TT but will try to improve my time once i find a tune that suits me :)

Guvna

Just a question: I have looked at the replays of the top times and they driving in the final corner 268 km/h! So their are have other trans/gear settings? Tell me a few secrets Aliens!:lol: If I give all I can come 1.09.5. But I can not drive 269km/h in that last long corners.

I use a controller, is that the problem?

Just a question: I have looked at the replays of the top times and they driving in the final corner 268 km/h! So their are have other trans/gear settings? Tell me a few secrets Aliens!:lol: If I give all I can come 1.09.5. But I can not drive 269km/h in that last long corners.

I use a controller, is that the problem?
This is because they sit on the inside line perfectly as if you just slip bit wide you can lose a lot of speed and 2 tenths

Currently at a 1.09.915 know I can get faster but my setup seems to be tight all around the track
Here's what I used
80/80
17/21
3/7
3/7
3/7
0/0
0/0

Any help that could improve turning would be great thank you

Currently at a 1.09.915 know I can get faster but my setup seems to be tight all around the track
Here's what I used
80/80
17/21
3/7
3/7
3/7
0/0
0/0
Nice tune, the last corners I can full throttle with this one. The first part I'm not so fast with this. Still, I think I can improve my time.

Nice tune, the last corners I can full throttle with this one. The first part I'm not so fast with this. Still, I think I can improve my time.
Thank you,let me know what changes you make if you improve

Thank you,let me know what changes you maOEke if you improve

What kind of gears do you use? And I noticed that I was faster with breakes 7-9 and the first TOE on -0.9 second on 0. But it is a nice tune 👍

Had to take a break from playing GT6 for the past 10 days or so since my radial/ulnar nerves in my arm have been acting up worse than usual the past couple weeks.

Arms finally felt somewhat okay today so decided to put in a quick 30 minute session just now.

I thought I was gonna be too rusty to even lower my 1:11.3, even though it's a pretty slow time, since I hadn't run any laps in so long, but to my surprise I managed to get a pretty big drop down to 1:10.7 just a few laps into the session. Got kind of lucky on the first sector, particularly on Turn #2, managed to keep a tight inside line but still carry good speed and exit on full throttle while just barely not going wide and flying off the track to the left on the exit :lol: and then had a mediocre Omega section (for me, mediocre on the Omega is a good thing, since normally I am beyond-terrible on it, lol) so I was like a full second ahead of my 1:11.3 ghost exiting the Omega, but then I screwed up a little bit on that last blind-hilly-righthander before the final curves and gave back some of the gap I had put in my ghost, so only ended up with a 1:10.7 instead of what looked like could've been a 1:10.3 :ouch:

Anyway, feeling like I might be able to get down to 1:10-low or maybe even 1:09-high if I am able to put in a few more sessions before the event ends, so, hopefully my arms won't keep crapping out on me. Sigh.

I was checking the leaderboards during my break though, and saw that Immortal and HansDampf seem to be having a pretty sick competition against each other in the #1 and #2 spots. Every time Immortal lowered his time to put a bigger gap on the field, Hans seemed to be able to keep bringing his own time down to Immortal's newly lowered time, and then Immortal kept having to lower his time again, and so on like that, back and forth and back and forth what seems like 6 or 7 times by now in the past 10 days or so, lol. Will be interesting to see just how low Immortal can go, now that he is being pushed pretty hard by his opponents in this TT.

Last edited:
I too have tried in vain to find @Stotty 's Hamlin Toyota Camry tune. Any help in pointing out a link would be greatly appreciated. It's been my experience that his tunes are worth anywhere from .5 to 3 seconds a lap depending on car and track for me. Stotty is always a good guy to try and emulate along with TRL_Beau & Doodle and Kossie and more than a few more. Follow these guys and you can't help but get faster and faster laps.

Hi, i am ilias_ana_94 i just wanted to write the following:
I play gran turismo since the series started(gran turismo 1 )i believe that cars setup is not fair and first of all not enjoyable! its gran turismo real driving simulator...not gran turismo real engineering simulator!!!! standard cars needed ate least at a seasonal time trial!!! HOPE GT SPORT being like this!! I had to play gt online since gt5 prologue which had standard cars... I hope that gt series follow the wish and the opinion of individuals like me and create stock seasonal tt :) thats what i wanted to say...thank you and good luck all ;) gt 4 ever!

I play gran turismo since the series started(gran turismo 1 )i believe that cars setup is not fair and first of all not enjoyable! its gran turismo real driving simulator...not gran turismo real engineering simulator!!!! standard cars needed ate least at a seasonal time trial!!! HOPE GT SPORT being like this!! I had to play gt online since gt5 prologue which had standard cars... I hope that gt series follow the wish and the opinion of individuals like me and create stock seasonal tt :) thats what i wanted to say...thank you and good luck all ;) gt 4 ever!

They should just do BOTH

Like, for each monthly set of two Time Trials, they could have ONE of the two Time Trials be regular-style, where you can tune your car for it, and have the OTHER of the Two Time Trials be stock-only, where you can't modify the car at all for it.

That way BOTH the people who enjoy the tuning aspect of the game AND the people who wish they could have a perfectly level playing field could BOTH be happy!

I think it would be a bad idea to only have just one or just the other but not both.

They should just do BOTH

Like, for each monthly set of two Time Trials, they could have ONE of the two Time Trials be regular-style, where you can tune your car for it, and have the OTHER of the Two Time Trials be stock-only, where you can't modify the car at all for it.

That way BOTH the people who enjoy the tuning aspect of the game AND the people who wish they could have a perfectly level playing field could BOTH be happy!

I think it would be a bad idea to only have just one or just the other but not both.

I also agree with both of u guys
It would be interesting to see how this would end ^^
They should also do the same challenge twice (one for stock and the other for "setup")
But if u wanna have a "realistic" time trial challenge then polophony digital should also have to turn the active steering wheel to off becauce where is the real skill u have when this option is almost doing everything for u (for example: correction of oversteering,etc.)

(This is just my opinion guys \(^_^)/ )

Back