620pp supercar festival

Ok, turns out I don't have that car...Would you mind friending me so I could borrow yours?

PSN: HanibalII

Cheers

Ok, turns out I don't have that car...Would you mind friending me so I could borrow yours?

PSN: HanibalII

Cheers

Done. It's shared, and I sent you a Friend Request on PSN.

Enjoy! It's really quite an amazing car - a Group C racer for the street! :D

Awesome. Thanks :)

Hope it does better than my ACR Viper. I managed to get 2nd place in every race.....I want to blow up that F1!

Every race it would beat me atleast 8 seconds. Sometimes even 10.

It must have awesome handling. I know it's no faster than my Viper, but I have to slow down considerably to do most of the corners. The last race was the best run, the F1 only ever beat me by 8 seconds there.

Never was able to win a race that had an F1 start in 1st or 2nd. You can always back out and look for a field with slower cars (Cerbera, the slower Zonda, the Tommy Kaira, etc.) and avoid cars like the F1, the Jag or the fast Zonda.

Done. It's shared, and I sent you a Friend Request on PSN.

Enjoy! It's really quite an amazing car - a Group C racer for the street! :D

Awesome! Thanks mate! That car made one hell of a difference!

I won each race on the second attempt. (First was to get use to the car on that track)

Where can I get myself one of those :D

Never was able to win a race that had an F1 start in 1st or 2nd. You can always back out and look for a field with slower cars (Cerbera, the slower Zonda, the Tommy Kaira, etc.) and avoid cars like the F1, the Jag or the fast Zonda.

Well I won them in the end :)

Awesome! Thanks mate! That car made one hell of a difference!

I won each race on the second attempt. (First was to get use to the car on that track)

Where can I get myself one of those :D

NR-A Roadster Cup in B-Spec, I believe. They turn up in the Used Car Dealership from time to time as well. I buy 'em whenever they show up, just because... well, no reason, really. :) If they were giftable I'd send you one, but they aren't; I tried. :(

Well I won them in the end :)

And in the end, that's all that matters. :) The Furai will lay waste to the McLaren F1.

NR-A Roadster Cup in B-Spec, I believe. They turn up in the Used Car Dealership from time to time as well. I buy 'em whenever they show up, just because... well, no reason, really. :) If they were giftable I'd send you one, but they aren't; I tried. :(

And in the end, that's all that matters. :) The Furai will lay waste to the McLaren F1.

I dunno about lay waste. It always took me till lap 4 to overtake him, while everybody else was pretty much overtaken by lap 3.

Still. It's an excellent car! I'm going to need to get a couple. (One to max out one to keep at low pp)

Created an account to share how much I love this seasonal :)

It took me yesterday 5 tries, but i succeeded to win with a fully tuned Toyo GT86 @ Grand Valley. 1.7 mil credits!! The Zonda 7.3 was stuck behind the TVR until lap 3. That gave me time enough to get in front, and then the hardest part was to stay in front.

The BMW M3 GTR is also awesome for this seasonal.

Neergestort
Created an account to share how much I love this seasonal :)

It took me yesterday 5 tries, but i succeeded to win with a fully tuned Toyo GT86 @ Grand Valley. 1.7 mil credits!! The Zonda 7.3 was stuck behind the TVR until lap 3. That gave me time enough to get in front, and then the hardest part was to stay in front.

The BMW M3 GTR is also awesome for this seasonal.

Hey Neergestoort.. I have also won a few of the races with a tuned 86. It was such intense racing that I saved the replays of the races I won! I will try the BMW GT-R tonight. The Mitsubishi Evo X and Lotus Evora @ around 545pp are good too.

Hey Neergestoort.. I have also won a few of the races with a tuned 86. It was such intense racing that I saved the replays of the races I won! I will try the BMW GT-R tonight. The Mitsubishi Evo X and Lotus Evora @ around 545pp are good too.

ill try the Evora asap. Ive also tried with a fully tuned BMW 1 TTi, the same amount of HP/PP as the M3, but quite less forgiving. Fun to drive. Couldn't win a race with it, with this car a mistake is easy to make.

Neergestort
ill try the Evora asap. Ive also tried with a fully tuned BMW 1 TTi, the same amount of HP/PP as the M3, but quite less forgiving. Fun to drive. Couldn't win a race with it, with this car a mistake is easy to make.

Short wheelbase + M3 hp = spooky projectile.. I tuned a BMW 120d for the 500 pp FR seasonal a few days ago. It was cool to win it with a turbo diesel engine & 80pp under.

I keep struggling with this one. As I have noted before I am not the best driver or tuner. With that being said what a huge difference turning off traction control makes. Averaging 2min laptimes on grand valley using a camaro ss rm '10. Not winning the race but I think I'd be able to if I could remember what car I used to get 2nd a while back. I'm not sure how traction control got turned back on but I was wondering why I sluggish thru turns and decided to check it, it was maxed. Lol. OOPS

Short wheelbase + M3 hp = spooky projectile.. I tuned a BMW 120d for the 500 pp FR seasonal a few days ago. It was cool to win it with a turbo diesel engine & 80pp under.

just won one with the Evora, tricky car, but it can go under the 1.59 at Grand Valley. Now trying with the NSX Type'R 02. No luck with opponents sofar..

I've found the NISSAN GT-R N24 SCHULZE MOTOR SPORTS ('11) is a monster on sport softs.
It puts down some pretty good lap times.

Other notables are the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) ('08) and the HONDA S2000 LM Race Car ('01) for low PP choices.

I like this event.
It opens up a lot of choices for competing.

I used a BONE-STOCK Audi R8 5.2 at Daytona, got close to 1.2 Mil, but my payout was only 110%. It seems that daytona or gran valley is the easiest, I'm still struggling to find something other than the Zonda C12s to run.

I used a BONE-STOCK Audi R8 5.2 at Daytona, got close to 1.2 Mil, but my payout was only 110%. It seems that daytona or gran valley is the easiest, I'm still struggling to find something other than the Zonda C12s to run.

you can gain allot of time at Grand Valley when you know your exact braking points. Also in the mid-section, before the first tunnel, the AI is really slow. Low PP cars that can accelerate quikly out of the corners can gain seconds there.
Got a 4th place with a BMW 320i Touring Car '03 with 300HP yestarday.

For 620pp, my brother used a Audi Le Mans Quattro after several tries (he's also a better driver than I am), but the Amuse Honda S2000 GT1 Turbo in the Amuse dealership is the easiest car to use. Max out downforce, and since it has 7 gears it can reach a pretty high top speed. Just don't hit grass or other cars.

noobi to site, so dont crucify me if i put this in wrong spot, but seen mention of points grinding. I can consistantly make $2.1 million (w/ 200% login bonus)at indy road coarse at around 8min 10 secs. in this seasonal using a mazda6 race car tuned at 488pp. If enough intrest gets generated from this post ill include a detailed tuning guide and walk through. Ill even set up a room in open lobby to show players how to do it. I will not however film this event and post it on youtube. I do not want to see this get patched in the next update. And yes I do know about the $4mil f1 grinder but I cannot do that consistantly enough to invest the time. hope this helps

also fr those struggling with this one, i used a couple different cars for these. the amuse s2000 from the dealer maxed out did ok on the shorter courses. I also used the mclearen f1 road version.

still playing this seasonal at Grand Valley

lots of cars under 550PP can win this, if the McLaren isn't in the starting field.
Easiest way to earn at least 1.2 mil is with the M3-GTR.

More fun is trying with stock cars like the:
- '00 Mustang SVR Cobra
- '99 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
- '05 Mustang GT
- '99 Viper GTS
- '96 Corvette Grand Sport
- '05 GT40
- '04 Honda Integra Type R

These cars wont win, but give you a nice challenge and still half a million each race.

Dedicated for Jaguar84 :sly:

2012-12-21%252010.06.23.jpg

This is the best seasonal so far. I recently picked my controller back up to get back into gt5. right now im tuning my Audi RS 6 for eifel...i can only seem to break into second place with that damn zonda and mclaren constantly in my lineup....but im getting there.

Reading this thread, it makes it sound like this event is easy. In my experience, only Indy was.

I'm using my 608PP (fully modified) 430 Scuderia and getting creamed by the Zonda S 7.3 and McLaren F1. On Fuji just now, for instance, my overall time was 8:41; the McLaren F1 did it in 8:28. (Naturally, just before that it had finished in 8:40, so I would've been close, but nooooo... it just had to get faster.) I just don't know how I'm gonna get that car to do laps faster than ~1:41.

Now, I can finish the event if I break out my Nissan GT-R TC and tune the HP down so it hits 620PP. But that hardly seems to be the point.

Maybe I'm just a crappy driver. I managed to beat the 580PP La Festa Cavallino with this 430 Scuderia configuration (detuned to 580PP, obviously). It was hard, but do-able. I'm not sure this one will be possible unless I keep reloading until the McLaren is gone.

EDIT: Managed to beat Fuji against the Zonda C12S 7.3 by using... a Zonda C12S 7.3. :) After much tweaking, I was able to make my Zonda drivable. I ended up having a final time of 8:40, so it didn't actually end up mattering that I switched cars.

For what it's worth, the settings I used on my Zonda—inspired by Motor City Hami's Zonda R tune (and LSD guide)—were...

750 HP, 1250 kg (616 PP)
(Engine Tuning Stage 1 + all other mods)

Ride Height: -6 / -6
Spring Rate: 12.8 / 15.0
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 5
Camber Angle: 3.5 / 3.0
Toe: -0.15 / 0.15

LSD: 25 / 5 / 15

Brake Balance: 4 / 6

Transmission:
1st: 3.000
2nd: 2.362
3rd: 1.850
4th: 1.484
5th: 1.198
6th: 1.011
Final: 3.043
Top Speed: 220

Of course, if that McLaren F1 had been there, though, I would've gotten hammered again, I'm sure. Blegh.

EDIT 2: ...And that Zonda was awful on Eifel. Totally squirrelly and undrivable. Fortunately, the Ferrari 430 Scuderia was up to the task. (Since the McLaren F1 wasn't there—only the VW Nardo.)

Last edited:
noobi to site, so dont crucify me if i put this in wrong spot, but seen mention of points grinding. I can consistantly make $2.1 million (w/ 200% login bonus)at indy road coarse at around 8min 10 secs. in this seasonal using a mazda6 race car tuned at 488pp. If enough intrest gets generated from this post ill include a detailed tuning guide and walk through. Ill even set up a room in open lobby to show players how to do it. I will not however film this event and post it on youtube. I do not want to see this get patched in the next update. And yes I do know about the $4mil f1 grinder but I cannot do that consistantly enough to invest the time. hope this helps

You should post this in the quick money thread, btw the OTHER ferrari challenge will net you almost 5 million in just under 8 mins at nurburgring if you detune to 477pp and cut the corner. It's 4 million at 500pp and very easy to consistently nail it.

The City Circuit Special Stage Route 5 is kicking my butt. I've tried the 2J, GT Spec II and the Furai. Must've tried 10x now. My lap time averages 1:30 though the first lap is usually 1:32 and my best lap was 1:27:5, but that was only once. Really hard to get under 1:30.

The City Circuit Special Stage Route 5 is kicking my butt. I've tried the 2J, GT Spec II and the Furai. Must've tried 10x now. My lap time averages 1:30 though the first lap is usually 1:32 and my best lap was 1:27:5, but that was only once. Really hard to get under 1:30.

The 2j should dominate these races, I'm not sure what your doing. I can win Indy and Fuji at 514pp in my 2j with a 15+ second lead, and that's over 100pp below the limit.

Use SRF and abs1, no other driving aids, make sure your transmission is set right, make sure you're using sport soft tires.

I eventually got a lineup with the XJ220 and CIEN Concept. Ran 7:27:8 and barely won in the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97

You should remember one thing: There are cars you need to avoid as much as possible, the cars you might need to avoid are

Mclaren F1 '94 (THIS THING IS THE BOMB IT WILL JUST SMOKE YOU)
XJ220 ( this can be beaten easily not needed to skip this much)
Zonda C12s 7.3 (THIS CAR IS ANNOYING AT TIMES)
ZZII (I haven't seen this car much so yea i don't know what to say)
R390 Gt1 (This car is annoying but can be dealt with)
W12 Nardo Concept (This thing is just super fast and annoying)

Remember there should be only 2 of these cars in the room or you'll get smoked and if there's 1 of them then that's one lucky room

Now here are the cars you don't need to worry about as they are not that fast and you can catch up to them at around 2nd-3rd lap

TVR Cebera 12 Speed (this is easy to catch up to)
Zonda C12 (Slower version of C12s 7.3 easy at times)
Enzo Ferrari (now this car is tricky first off i'm not sure if i should put this in the fast ones or the ok ones because this car, sometimes it's easy sometimes it isn't when it is matched up with one of the fast ones as long as you can catch up to this car at 2nd lap your good to go but if it starts 1st you might need to think of leaving)
CIEN Concept (Sometimes hard to catch up but you can always catch up to this car)
SRT 10 Acr (Slow car doesn't even leave the pack)
Ford GT (Another slow car doesn't leave the pack either)

Now if it's too hard you can always go to 530PP but that will make the prize lower but still 1MIL+

Well hope this helps!

this helped. thanks.

Sounds like you need to focus on driving consecutive laptimes. Take a car, the 430 Scuderia is great for this event. Then take it to the time trial, and don't stop driving till you can drive 5 laps 1.27.xxx straight or faster.

Back