TT#31 - 627PP NASCAR ~ Stock Car Super Lap @ Indianapolis Road Course 003.jpg

^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
627PP NASCAR ~ Stock Car Super Lap @ Indianapolis Road Course.jpg

Tunes:

TUNE by MOPARbarrett5

TUNE by Aussie_HSV

TUNE by NANDO_GT6

TUNE by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
They slicked up the track.... a whole lot less grip. I worked on my tune, particularly the LSD as these NASCAR's dont have a lot of bite. It worked great in free fun mode, very easy and consistent 1:32's. Went to the seasonal, and I really struggled to break 1:34. Why do they keep doing these things....:banghead:

They slicked up the track.... a whole lot less grip. I worked on my tune, particularly the LSD as these NASCAR's dont have a lot of bite. It worked great in free fun mode, very easy and consistent 1:32's. Went to the seasonal, and I really struggled to break 1:34. Why do they keep doing these things....:banghead:

It was widely reported that online and offline modes have different grip. Probably, while online, you get the real grip of the track, affected by temperature and so.

EDIT: I would like to ask, if there is some particular Nascar car that is faster than others with the same PP value. Like for example, the Z4 in GT3 class cars.

I used the 2013 #48 for a 1:33.6 gold after a few red laps , as noted above the track is suddenly slippery in random areas and riding the curbs leads to spins.

Here's some previous GT5 Racing Hard PP gold standards, this one is right in the curve.

47 #2 600 RH 1:40.0 Indy Road Course est
61 #2 653 RH 1:30.5 Indy Road Course est
21 #1 895 RH 1:14.2 Indy Road Course est

It was widely reported that online and offline modes have different grip. Probably, while online, you get the real grip of the track, affected by temperature and so.

EDIT: I would like to ask, if there is some particular Nascar car that is faster than others with the same PP value. Like for example, the Z4 in GT3 class cars.

Two weeks ago I ran an online event here and at the Daytona road course and for some reason either the latest update changed something or the seasonal events have a different grip level than normal online lobby's. My 2010 Ford #43 which was outstanding a couple weeks ago is drives like it is on ice, and now my 2013 #43 suddenly feels like it has RS tires on compared to prior testing.
It's PD's world of wonder, you never know what your going to get.

I used my #24. Gold on lap two after a transmission adjustment. I read on another forum that the 2013 #88 is the fastest NASCAR of them all. I can't bring myself to drive Jr's car. Rainbow Warriors FTW.

I don't own a NASCAR, which one would be the best to purchase for this event, and does anyone have a tune for it?
Anything is fair game, but you can get Jeff Gordon's Chevrolet SS for free if you manage to get half of the stars in IA.
Although by how much money you could potentially spend, it might be cheaper just to buy any NasCAR

In my opinion, this is one of PD's biggest failures of all time. Why do you not use the Speedway? If you are going to use a road course, use Suzuka East because Nascar has actually raced there! :confused:

Anything is fair game, but you can get Jeff Gordon's Chevrolet SS for free if you manage to get half of the stars in IA.
Although by how much money you could potentially spend, it might be cheaper just to buy any NasCAR

I did that long ago, but sold the car.

Anyone have a good tune? Mine is decent enough for a 1:29.663, but can do better in other hands.

Anyone have a good tune? Mine is decent enough for a 1:29.663, but can do better in other hands.
It is a fairly basic tune, but I was able to get 1:27.929 with it:
Suspension-
70 60
11.50 10.50
1 1
1 1
7 7
No camber or toe
Brakes-
9 8
Transmission-
Reset to default, set final gear all the way right then set top speed to 149 mph. Next set 1st through 4th gear all the way right. Last set final gear to 3.579.
Differential-
Full power with oil change and body rigidity installed, no added ballast.
Downforce-
500 700

Just managed a 1:26.454, which is good enough for 2nd atm :gtpflag:

We really need to work on a tune to catch Shooter, he's miles ahead atm :(

Though he is using active steering :/ It's ridiculous how many drivers in the top 10 use it, PD should ban it in my opinion. It makes tt's almost impossible to win for those who don't, and I refuse to use it. Where would you ever find a race car which steers for you in real life :lol:

Last edited:
use a Earnhardt Jr Chevrolet and set a 1:33.9 but not really a fan of the Nascar on GT6 but might try and improve

Though he is using active steering :/ It's ridiculous how many drivers in the top 10 use it, PD should ban it in my opinion. It makes tt's almost impossible to win for those who don't, and I refuse to use it. Where would you ever find a car which steers for you in real life :lol:

A Google Car mate, it even whistles at the hot girls for you as it drives by!

Though he is using active steering :/ It's ridiculous how many drivers in the top 10 use it, PD should ban it in my opinion. It makes tt's almost impossible to win for those who don't, and I refuse to use it. Where would you ever find a race car which steers for you in real life :lol:
No disrespect Chris , but that isn't ever going to happen. ( Ban Active steering in TTs)
TTs are for all who have GT6 not just those that refuse to use active steering, that's not my opinion , that is a fact :) Whether it should be in the game or not is a moot point because it is in the game ;) By the way I had a quick go at this last night with a quick tune of my own for a 1:27.957 was 14th @ that stage . Have slipped down out of top #50 now . I like the combo 👍
Not very often that I find myself in front of the Great @SW__10 :lol:

:cheers: Edit- back in the top #50
got a 1:27.545 for #37 :eek:

Last edited:
Made gold right on first non-red lap. Yes, it drives like it's on ice, but it's manageable.

Then went with MOPAR's tune and AS and got... red laps...

Ok, this thing is undrive-able. **** it. *Table flip*

Ahhhhh yeaaaaaa, here we go, my dream TT come true, although it could be at a different track, but I'll take it. :D Had a short go (about 15 min.) last night but very quickly got frustrated at how damn slippery the track seemed, I quit. The car feels like its on SS tires. :crazy: Anyway, its a challenge and I'll take it. Came back at it today with a clear and positive mindset, and managed to land a time of 1'27.274 for 21st place atm. Still leaving a lot of time out there, just gotta keep the car under me. I'm using the same 2011 Jeff Gordon car (well, not the same one obviously. :lol:) that I used in the NASCAR TT in GT5 in which I finished 27th. Superstitious...yes I am. :P So yea, you all know what I'll be doing for the next two weeks. :sly:

I'd like to add, I'm doing this with one eye as I have a very bad eye infection :indiff: and the doctor today fitted me with a damn eye patch :mad: for now....so yea, pirate 'Ratt I am now. :lol:

Last edited:
Have to say, this thing is crap. Once again, PD has confused stupidity with a challenge. Same as that TT up on Mt Panorama at xmas time, it is very easy to concoct a frustrating non-sense and call it a "challenge", but in reality, if these cars handled like this, there would be dead drivers strewn all over the track. PD, get your act together, we and you, deserve better.

Going to have a run at this one this afternoon. The only time I've spent driving NASCAR's in gt6 is the couple of races in career, so I'm expecting a bit of a challenge.

Back