627PP NASCAR/ Stock Car Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 175 comments
:lol::lol::lol: Some of us are over the moon to barely make top#100:lol::lol:

Heheh, well it's all so relative you know :lol: I try to relate to my friend list but it's bit hard when there's guys almost second ahead :scared: Hehehe, naah, hope I have time next week to make those figures bit prettier so it wont hurt looking so much :lol: Also learning how to drive this, this... this "thing" would maybe be a good idea for it feels quite diffetent, and usually when it feels different and my results "suck" there's usually something to lear there :odd:

Most successful virtual racing team in the world! The real racing side from alot of members is so important. Brings huge amounts to a team setup. Everybody is extremely driven. You set targets and you constantly break through them and make new ones lol... Pablo set a limit of about 25.5 on this event and now down to a 25.2... Evo didnt expect to hit a 25.5 and he has.... They are just relentless lol

Did 1:27:351, if anyone want to try here is my setup (based on @Aussie_HSV tune with lot of changes) .

Fresh oil and body rigidity.
No ballast.

Suspension :
75 / 75
11.67 / 10.44
1 / 1
3 / 3
6 / 5
0 / 0
-0.08 / +0.18

B/B :
4 / 7

Diff :
10 / 5 / 5

Aero :
460 / 700

Gearbox :
FG max.
Max. Speed min.
1st : 2033
2nd : 1.550
3rd : 1.300
4th : 1.099
FG 3.680

I hope it help someone:cheers:

If anyone is interested, here is my tune for the Nascar 👍.

Credit goes to @WhoosierGirl for the ride height & spring settings. Thankyou! :)..👍.

2013 Jeff Gordon #24 CHEVROLET SS

Oil change. Body rigidity improvement.

80/70 <--- WhoosierGirl
10.54/10.25 <--- WhoosierGirl
4/4
5/5
7/7
0/0
-0.10/0

Brakes 7/9

Trans:

Initial FG: 2800
Max speed 149 mph (min)
1: 3631
2: 2636
3: 2222
4: 1964
FG: 2000

LSD: 5/6/5

DF: 500/700

Hope it helps a few people out!

:cheers:

Did 1:27:351, if anyone want to try here is my setup (based on @Aussie_HSV tune with lot of changes) .

No ballast.

Suspension :
75 / 75
11.67 / 10.44
1 / 1
3 / 3
6 / 5
0 / 0
-0.08 / +0.18

B/B :
4 / 7

Diff :
10 / 5 / 5

Aero :
460 / 700

Gearbox :
FG max.
Max. Speed min.
FG 3.680

used this today,improved my time from 1:31.862 (#61xx) to 1:29.866 (currently ranked #1549).👍
can go faster with it ,if i could drive flawless but not into the 1:27...

It is a fairly basic tune, but I was able to get 1:27.929 with it:
Suspension-
70 60
11.50 10.50
1 1
1 1
7 7
No camber or toe
Brakes-
9 8
Transmission-
Reset to default, set final gear all the way right then set top speed to 149 mph. Next set 1st through 4th gear all the way right. Last set final gear to 3.579.
Differential-
Full power with oil change and body rigidity installed, no added ballast.
Downforce-
500 700
Easy gold, thanks @MOPARbarrett5 ! (I'm not sure that i have done an oil change and body rigidity improvement maintenances)

If anyone is interested, here is my tune for the Nascar 👍.

Credit goes to @WhoosierGirl for the ride height & spring settings. Thankyou! :)..👍.

2013 Jeff Gordon #24 CHEVROLET SS

Oil change. Body rigidity improvement.

80/70 <--- WhoosierGirl
10.54/10.25 <--- WhoosierGirl
4/4
5/5
7/7
0/0
-0.10/0

Brakes 7/9

Trans:

Initial FG: 2800
Max speed 149 mph (min)
1: 3631
2: 2636
3: 2222
4: 1964
FG: 2000

LSD: 5/6/5

DF: 500/700

Hope it helps a few people out!

:cheers:

Thanks for sharing , was struggling on this TT to get a proper stint .
decreased rear df to 620 , and didn't use chassis improvement.
Was able to run a 16lap on my first stint ...
25'694

1:26.356 early this morning, forgoing sleep so I could make another try at this one.
The automatic is not my friend here, way to slow on exit of last corner.
I know you've said, on multiple occasions, that you've "tried" using the manual transmission. Do you occasionally decide, on a whim, to just go run some laps with a manual transmission? Or do you have a routine that you try to adhere to, like, with each seasonal you try the first 4 or 5 attempts with a manual tranny and then switch back to automatic tranny to post a proper 'WhoosierGirl-quality' time? Of course, I'm asking that assuming that your manual times aren't satisfactory to you - I have no idea how much your automatic/manual transmission lap times differ. I guess what my question boils down to is: are you actively trying to become a manual transmission driver? Do you even give a crap?

Do you even give a crap?

Not really :D

I am getting better with the manual but, it takes me twice as long to get a rhythm when I used it, so I just stick with the automatic. I can see here it being at least a few tenths or more advantage to use the manual, there is I think four places to downshift to first gear and get the car to turn easier. I do switch between the two on occasion just to practice but, I don't play enough to put much time into it.

If I keep playing GT I will eventually get around to using it. I started left foot braking recently, so I have to take learning new things slow, need to avoid blonde brain cell overload. :sly:

Not really :D

I am getting better with the manual but, it takes me twice as long to get a rhythm when I used it, so I just stick with the automatic. I can see here it being at least a few tenths or more advantage to use the manual, there is I think four places to downshift to first gear and get the car to turn easier. I do switch between the two on occasion just to practice but, I don't play enough to put much time into it.

If I keep playing GT I will eventually get around to using it. I started left foot braking recently, so I have to take learning new things slow, need to avoid blonde brain cell overload. :sly:
Cool... You do just fine running the automatic transmission. I know ya don't have a ton of free time to play GT6, so your lap times are all the more impressive to me! 👍

From the start of the Gran Turismo games to about GT4, or even GT5, I used auto transmission, like WhoosierGirl and many others, it was just too hard for me back then with the controller to do so many things at once. When I learned to drive though there was still mostly manual gears on cars, mid 60's.
I always took my foot off the accelerator and then used it to apply the brake, left foot was solely for the clutch.
As a result I find the action of braking with my left foot, in the game, now nearly impossible.

Anyway, had a try at this Seasonal today, bought a car (after considering WhoosierGirl's post) and put SW_10's tune on it, taking note of Stotty's input there.
Currently on 1:28.094 for pos#348.

edit.. 1:27.859 for pos #271.

Last edited:
From the start of the Gran Turismo games to about GT4, or even GT5, I used auto transmission, like WhoosierGirl and many others, it was just too hard for me back then with the controller to do so many things at once. When I learned to drive though there was still mostly manual gears on cars, mid 60's.
I always took my foot off the accelerator and then used it to apply the brake, left foot was solely for the clutch.
As a result I find the action of braking with my left foot, in the game, now nearly impossible.

Anyway, had a try at this Seasonal today, bought a car (after considering WhoosierGirl's post) and put SW_10's tune on it, taking note of Stotty's input there.
Currently on 1:28.094 for pos#348.

edit.. 1:27.859 for pos #271.

Well, just stop!:lol: I'm stuck on 1:28.038 #329 and can't catch my ghost to save my 🤬. The nice thing about the DFGT's rubbish pedals is no clutch and the pedal spacing more or less forces you to use left foot braking. My next car may need to have a flappy paddle DCT.:dopey:

Closest thing in real life to left foot braking in GT6 is karting.

Left foot braking in a road car is very different in real life to GT6 as you need to be much more sensitive.

Definitely a skill worth learning in GT as it allows much quicker transitions between brake and accelerator, and allows throttle overlap on unstable cars.

Was able to have another good run at this this afternoon. Managed to improve my time by about 1.2 seconds to a 1:28.469 which is currently just inside the 500. Thanks to @SW__10 for the setup much much appreciated! I was really struggling with the transmission for this event.

I seem to be losing a heap of time just on the final bend onto the start/finish straight. Noticed some of the top 10 are able to have more speed entering and getting 5+ km/h more mid corner speed than myself. I wish I had somewhere to set my G27 up, think I could improve a bit with it.

Since I got it I've only had a place to use it for 2 weeks during the time trial at rainy brands hatch in the gt300. After a week of solid running on that event I couldn't get within .3 of my time when i had to resort back to the ds3. :irked:

Was able to have another good run at this this afternoon. Managed to improve my time by about 1.2 seconds to a 1:28.469 which is currently just inside the 500. Thanks to @SW__10 for the setup much much appreciated! I was really struggling with the transmission for this event.

I seem to be losing a heap of time just on the final bend onto the start/finish straight. Noticed some of the top 10 are able to have more speed entering and getting 5+ km/h more mid corner speed than myself. I wish I had somewhere to set my G27 up, think I could improve a bit with it.

Since I got it I've only had a place to use it for 2 weeks during the time trial at rainy brands hatch in the gt300. After a week of solid running on that event I couldn't get within .3 of my time when i had to resort back to the ds3. :irked:

Same thing for me chasing my own ghost:banghead:. I wish I knew what I did right that time. It will happen, good luck!

No ballast.

Suspension :
75 / 75
11.67 / 10.44
1 / 1
3 / 3
6 / 5
0 / 0
-0.08 / +0.18

B/B :
4 / 7

Diff :
10 / 5 / 5

Aero :
460 / 700

Gearbox :
FG max.
Max. Speed min.
FG 3.680

TBH I gave up on mine. :(
I continually headed back in the direction of Mopar's tune looking for more speed.
I like the camber still, particularly on the rear.
It seems easier to get power down without losing it.
Otherwise, I seem to have tuned my way back to where I started. :P

Left foot braking in a road car is very different in real life to GT6 as you need to be much more sensitive.

Definitely a skill worth learning in GT as it allows much quicker transitions between brake and accelerator, and allows throttle overlap on unstable cars.
I'm sure that's right, I've seen vids of gamers doing it.
One of my sons (12yr old) does it on GT6 and I wonder how that will translate when he learns to drive a real car?
I can only remember ever doing it once in real life and I used far too much pedal which caused the driver behind me to nearly run up my backside. Never went there again.

Last edited:
Got an improvement on saturday to 1:27,256 can smell the 1.26 cause the sectortimes would reach for much more.

unfortunately i broke my brakepedal, so i had a good apology to NOT enter the top100 again. :grumpy:

I have to say i always do left foot braking. But this Weekend i try something new that i saw by the top3 drivers:

In the 2 long brakingzones they are fully off the throttle and then they push the brakepedal. No overlap or just a lil slice. Definitly not a quick transistions between brake and accelerator as with the left foot.
In otherwords: looks like rightfoot braking. (Nevertheless witch foot they use)

So i tried to copy it and the like Dalone in real life
I can only remember ever doing it once in real life and I used far too much pedal which caused the driver behind me to nearly ran up my backside. Never went there again.

i give too much pedal and broke that 🤬 thing.

Does somebody known why they doing it.
Cause i know Immortal is able to do left foot braking and iam sure the others too.
Maybe they want a smoother pitching. But i have really no idea !

No need to overlap throttle and brake in the NASCAR as it doesn't suffer from brake release oversteer, so you don't need to manage the weight transfer as you would in something that's unstable on the brakes, like the GSX-R.

They will still be left foot braking though, just not overlapping.

Back